TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

drchaos
punchin NOS

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby drchaos » February 12th, 2023, 3:00 am

scotty_buttons wrote:
drchaos wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:The new Xtrail exterior looks might be polarizing but the interior is leaps and bounds above what I expected from Nissan.
Any Nissan Kicks reviews from anyone?

have'nt seen any locally yet ...

Lots of reviews on youtube via SE asia. Seems to get very good reviews since its a similar setup to the Note epower.
Less complicated than the x-trail mechanically since it has a simple NA 1.2L non variable compression engine.

Should be a good buy since the note has been running since 2016 and now on its second gen without any major hiccups.

Really? I’ve seen a couple here locally. Via grey market though.
Size is about the same as the new Vezel as well. My only concern is if the electric motor fails, then what?
Deciding between the Kicks and the Yaris Cross and leaning toward Yaris cross since it’s more economical on fuel and the hybrid system has been proven for more than two decades now. The kicks has a nicer interior though and more bells and whistles the the YC

If electric motors failing is a concern then don't look at the yaris cross hybrid either. Since its hybrid system has an electric motor as well.

But electric motors tend to be pretty reliable any way, the battery tends to be the weak point with hybrids. Yaris cross will definitely be more reliable in the long run.
Nissan would be more fun to drive its fast but more thirsty, yaris cross will be slow as hell 0 to 60 is 11.2 seconds but efficiency will be amazing.
Nissan will also have much more space
Its sad that toyota puts a 1.8L hybrid in the corolla cross ... and/or its equally dumb that colm capped hybrid exemptions at 1.6L engines.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » February 28th, 2023, 1:08 pm

Wtf @ the pricing of certain SUV models.

2.0 2WD RAV4 $405k

2.0i XV $365k

More expensive than a fully loaded 2.8 Hilux!

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » February 28th, 2023, 2:30 pm

zorced wrote:Wtf @ the pricing of certain SUV models.

2.0 2WD RAV4 $405k

2.0i XV $365k

More expensive than a fully loaded 2.8 Hilux!

A hilux is nothing impressive. But I agree the SUVs are overpriced

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » February 28th, 2023, 7:08 pm

People still rush to buy compact SUVs because in in our country, it is a signal that you are at the very least, middle class. Especially so for the RAV4 and CRV than any other.

The dealerships know this, and will charge what they feel to, because people will pay for it anyway.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 2nd, 2023, 8:43 am

ALL new vehicles are OVERpriced, banks cashing in on extended ridiculous 7 year loans, by the time you finish paying off for it, its almost worthless... government continues to RAPE our citizens by leaving duties and taxes on Hybrids and limiting them to engine size.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » March 3rd, 2023, 11:19 am

Saw the new X-trail this morning when I dropped my kid at school this morning. It pretty pretty better looking than all the other mid size SUVs in its class. It was white but not sure of any other specs. It’s smaller than the previous model on the road though.

I think it’s called the Nissan Rogue in the states

Edit* just called Massy out of curiosity- the price not pretty - 375 mid spec and 399 full spec

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 5th, 2023, 1:28 pm

greggle71 wrote:Saw the new X-trail this morning when I dropped my kid at school this morning. It pretty pretty better looking than all the other mid size SUVs in its class. It was white but not sure of any other specs. It’s smaller than the previous model on the road though.

Edit* just called Massy out of curiosity- the price not pretty - 375 mid spec and 399 full spec

This is great ... Which means body parts will be available for people who buy the hybrid version foreign new/used out of japan.

What engine Massy getting btw? the 1.5 variable compression turbo?

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 6th, 2023, 11:32 am

greggle71 wrote:Saw the new X-trail this morning when I dropped my kid at school this morning. It pretty pretty better looking than all the other mid size SUVs in its class. It was white but not sure of any other specs. It’s smaller than the previous model on the road though.

Brilliant pricing really. That way after introductory pricing it still becomes a 400k vehicle. :D

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » March 6th, 2023, 12:50 pm

Priced at 400000. Excellent therefore based on that it will be considered a luxury vehicle and feel more exclusive when driving

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » March 6th, 2023, 5:04 pm

drchaos wrote:

This is great ... Which means body parts will be available for people who buy the hybrid version foreign new/used out of japan.

It had the epower badge on it which might be the variant where the electric motor powers the wheel and the gas is used to fuel the electric motor from what I saw online it’s only about 204BHP but because it’s an electric motor you get decent torque.

Yea it’s sister badge is the Rogue, it looks exactly the same so any non RHD specific part should be easily accessible

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 7th, 2023, 9:55 pm

greggle71 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

It had the epower badge on it which might be the variant where the electric motor powers the wheel and the gas is used to fuel the electric motor from what I saw online it’s only about 204BHP but because it’s an electric motor you get decent torque.

Yea it’s sister badge is the Rogue, it looks exactly the same so any non RHD specific part should be easily accessible

WTF massy got the epower hybrid???
nice ...

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 8th, 2023, 8:42 pm

PariaMan wrote:Priced at 400000. Excellent therefore based on that it will be considered a luxury vehicle and feel more exclusive when driving

They’ll catch some people saying it’s more efficient and more mpgs… real world tests put it around 6.5L/100kms and that’s smack where my forester sits.

400 is crv/rav4/Volvo territory

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » March 8th, 2023, 10:47 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Priced at 400000. Excellent therefore based on that it will be considered a luxury vehicle and feel more exclusive when driving

They’ll catch some people saying it’s more efficient and more mpgs… real world tests put it around 6.5L/100kms and that’s smack where my forester sits.

400 is crv/rav4/Volvo territory

I seen some driving tests around town get 5.3L/100Kms
and highways test is where you get low to mid 6L/100Kms figures.

Also they hadda work real hard to ketch people since the foreign new is around 330K

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » March 10th, 2023, 6:01 pm

Is Southern Sales bringing in the Mazda CX-50?

Passed their carpark on Richmond St today and glimpsed what looked to be just that (the chrome trim around and below the grill was blacked out and it was in the Zircon Sand Metallic color).

Not sure if it was a CX-5 with blackout trim, but i don’t think SS offers the CX-5 with blackout trim from the factory or that color.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 10th, 2023, 6:30 pm

dredman1 wrote:Is Southern Sales bringing in the Mazda CX-50?

Passed their carpark on Richmond St today and glimpsed what looked to be just that (the chrome trim around and below the grill was blacked out and it was in the Zircon Sand Metallic color).

Not sure if it was a CX-5 with blackout trim, but i don’t think SS offers the CX-5 with blackout trim from the factory or that color.
CX 50 is usdm only. You probably saw the facelift CX 5. There's also the JDM/Euro market CX 60 which is a possibility.

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » March 10th, 2023, 8:20 pm

SS south has a zircon sand colour CX5 on display. It’s the 1st unit they have received with this color. They also offer the carbon and sport trim cx5 which has the black out package.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » March 11th, 2023, 10:42 am

Kritical01 wrote:SS south has a zircon sand colour CX5 on display. It’s the 1st unit they have received with this color. They also offer the carbon and sport trim cx5 which has the black out package.

Wow ok. Did not realise they offered those trims locally.
Thanks!

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » March 11th, 2023, 3:07 pm

despite the various trims in the cx5, all have the same 2.0 sky-active G engine. We don’t get the 2.5T option.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » March 11th, 2023, 8:35 pm

So a Yaris is just about 200k now! Image

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 12th, 2023, 10:54 am

Kritical01 wrote:SS south has a zircon sand colour CX5 on display. It’s the 1st unit they have received with this color. They also offer the carbon and sport trim cx5 which has the black out package.

Whats the difference between the Black and Sport trims? Are they AWD?

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » March 12th, 2023, 12:19 pm

All models are FWD. The black has a different style 19” wheels and all trimmings are black- wheels, grill etc. not sure the exact specs of the sport but the base grade is Core, then there is High, Black/Carbon &,Sport grades. The core is equipped with 17” wheels, all others are 19”. The High spec comes with 19” wheels, adaptive led headlights, drl, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, HUD, Bose sound system, lane detection and anti collision mitigation etc.
it’s well spec with features.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 12th, 2023, 1:56 pm

Kritical01 wrote:All models are FWD. The black has a different style 19” wheels and all trimmings are black- wheels, grill etc. not sure the exact specs of the sport but the base grade is Core, then there is High, Black/Carbon &,Sport grades. The core is equipped with 17” wheels, all others are 19”. The High spec comes with 19” wheels, adaptive led headlights, drl, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, HUD, Bose sound system, lane detection and anti collision mitigation etc.
it’s well spec with features.

Thanks for the information Appreciate it.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 13th, 2023, 9:58 am

metalgear2095 wrote:So a Yaris is just about 200k now! Image

The more I see prices of new and used cars the more I realize I keeping my current ride for a longer time to come.

Past two cars were sold at 30,000 and 65,000 kms but currently at 91,000 with my ride. Normally would have changed by now.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 13th, 2023, 10:32 am

metalgear2095 wrote:So a Yaris is just about 200k now! Image
200k now is the old 100k back then....gotta factor in inflation and greed etc

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » March 13th, 2023, 11:29 am

Just about the same price as an Ionic, Mazda 3, Elantra, cerato according to the first page price list. Crazy

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » March 13th, 2023, 2:26 pm

Cars basically being sold out on the boat before the stock shipment even arrives on our shores.

If I am a dealer the market is telling me to keep raising prices. Someone in the industry told me the issue is supply and they can’t even get the quantities from the manufacturing plant to satisfy demand, they selling whatever they could get in the aftermath of the global chip shortages.

When last has anyone been able to walk into a dealer get the exact make, model and colour of the car/truck they want?

If you’re lucky you might get someone who is unable to close the purchase on a unit so it becomes available locally.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 13th, 2023, 10:24 pm

greggle71 wrote:When last has anyone been able to walk into a dealer get the exact make, model and colour of the car/truck they want?

2018, 2020 and 2022… lol was fortunate to cop exactly what i set my mind on every time.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » March 14th, 2023, 12:13 am

greggle71 wrote:Cars basically being sold out on the boat before the stock shipment even arrives on our shores.

If I am a dealer the market is telling me to keep raising prices. Someone in the industry told me the issue is supply and they can’t even get the quantities from the manufacturing plant to satisfy demand, they selling whatever they could get in the aftermath of the global chip shortages.

When last has anyone been able to walk into a dealer get the exact make, model and colour of the car/truck they want?

If you’re lucky you might get someone who is unable to close the purchase on a unit so it becomes available locally.
I don't think it would make sense to keep raising prices, it'll get to a point where people won't pay for a small car like an accent, that costing over 300k, people have a limit, used cars will be gold.

Speaking of the accent, anyone see the new one yet? It is niiiceee, it's what the Elantra should have been.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 14th, 2023, 6:43 am

I thought the accent was phased out till I started seeing quite a few on the road.
Not bad at all.
If the retail is close to the first page and a 1.6 engine, the package may not be bad.
Only downfall would be Massy alone for parts.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 14th, 2023, 11:57 am

According to a FB post from a Massy rep in Feb, the Accent is 195k.
Dave wrote:I thought the accent was phased out till I started seeing quite a few on the road.
Not bad at all.
If the retail is close to the first page and a 1.6 engine, the package may not be bad.
Only downfall would be Massy alone for parts.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”