TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Who is the best GPS Tracking company in Trinidad?

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kraze
Riding on 13's

Who is the best GPS Tracking company in Trinidad?

Postby kraze » October 4th, 2015, 4:59 am

Plz advise who is the best GPS tracking company in Trinidad....fit and forget with no after stress.

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Re: Who is the best GPS Tracking company in Trinidad?

Postby R.P.J » October 4th, 2015, 8:18 am

Reo auto
Facebook them you'll see

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » October 4th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Isn't Car Search and GPS Rescue the best right now?

trinichildofGod
Riding on 13's

Postby trinichildofGod » October 5th, 2015, 12:54 pm

I believe Smart Tracker is one of the best. They are cheap and they pay you to advertise there company and the Gps is only $1200

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 12th, 2018, 12:26 pm

I am bumping this topic as I want to have a system installed in my vehicle. Has anyone heard or have feedback on this company ?

https://www.airsupport-tactical.com/

jaithon
Street 2NR

Postby jaithon » April 12th, 2018, 8:07 pm

V2NR 3.0 i have 2units from them is diff vehicles.

jaithon
Street 2NR

Postby jaithon » April 12th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Very reliable & easy to deal with. Service top notch.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm

jaithon wrote:Very reliable & easy to deal with. Service top notch.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I actually got an e mail response fro them as well. Standing by to hear their feedback to some questions i posed, then Id make a decision.

jaithon
Street 2NR

Postby jaithon » April 15th, 2018, 3:54 pm

V2NR 3.0 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I actually got an e mail response fro them as well. Standing by to hear their feedback to some questions i posed, then Id make a decision.

Any feedback from airsupport?

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » April 15th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Ah trying to remember the station either 102 or Iwer they "claim" to have a unique system

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 15th, 2018, 4:31 pm

jaithon wrote:
V2NR 3.0 wrote:

Any feedback from airsupport?

So I went into air-support on Friday last and the products that the offer do not suit my needs. Essentially its a wireless tracker. Thats it. There is no other support functions like if your door is opened, etc. They do have an excellent security and retrieval service which is the selling point.

Im gonna do some research into the tramigo system.

Kathy
Riding on 13's

Postby Kathy » April 17th, 2018, 10:51 am

Hey, did you compare pros and cons of each service provider for the GPS and make a decision by chance?
Also, for the newer electronic vehicles, are there any restrictions with warranties being void etc?

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 7th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Hi there.....I wanted to share a few points (and yes this is a sales pitch) but I do hope you could appreciate the real value of Preparation.

All GPS devices do the same thing - Transmit GPS coordinates over a network. I recognise that you said the wireless GPS doesn't suit your needs but its not much different from a wired solution. One is wired the other has no wires....same GPS

Door opening monitoring is just a negative trigger wire that goes to the GPS. A wired system. Any car thief knows how to find that...and that wire goes to the GPS device. We developed internal sensors to monitor the same thing, only better...read on.

Are you aware that 2016 and 2017 the TTPS recorded that there where many assisted recoveries for GPS vehicles where the vehicle was not found but the devices where....btw to include the one you just mentioned.

Notable point Air Support has recovered all vehicles ever reported stolen by our clients.

Another requested function is the shut down.....this is not any technological advance feature, its not sophisticated. Its a simple 12v relay that intersect either the ignition or fuel wire. Again, known to thieves. Easy to locate and trace back to the GPS. So what you really pay for is a covert installation with not so convert hints (features) that increases your risk.

How did we at Air Support get around this?

By building a very unique and equipped response team. We have our own vehicles, weapons, operators and National Security Approval to recover vehicles. Our guys are former military starting from the owner come right down. All members of staff are required to be precepted, yes even the CSRs. So its a well constructed team.

We operate 24 hours a day, with a command centre with built in redundancies.

So our wireless devices are actually programmed for anti jamming and anti scanning. We have included a 3d IMU that allows for motion detection, like door open or window break allowing more alerts than a typical wired device.

So essentially by wasting your money on purchasing a 'typical' GPS solution, you are buying a gadget, where you can lose your vehicle" but by subscribing to Air Support Tactical you are getting serviced by a team of professionals that WILL get your car back. Its tested and proven.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » May 7th, 2018, 7:52 pm

AirSupport wrote:Hi there.....I wanted to share a few points (and yes this is a sales pitch) but I do hope you could appreciate the real value of Preparation.

All GPS devices do the same thing - Transmit GPS coordinates over a network. I recognise that you said the wireless GPS doesn't suit your needs but its not much different from a wired solution. One is wired the other has no wires....same GPS

Door opening monitoring is just a negative trigger wire that goes to the GPS. A wired system. Any car thief knows how to find that...and that wire goes to the GPS device. We developed internal sensors to monitor the same thing, only better...read on.

Are you aware that 2016 and 2017 the TTPS recorded that there where many assisted recoveries for GPS vehicles where the vehicle was not found but the devices where....btw to include the one you just mentioned.

Notable point Air Support has recovered all vehicles ever reported stolen by our clients.

Another requested function is the shut down.....this is not any technological advance feature, its not sophisticated. Its a simple 12v relay that intersect either the ignition or fuel wire. Again, known to thieves. Easy to locate and trace back to the GPS. So what you really pay for is a covert installation with not so convert hints (features) that increases your risk.

How did we at Air Support get around this?

By building a very unique and equipped response team. We have our own vehicles, weapons, operators and National Security Approval to recover vehicles. Our guys are former military starting from the owner come right down. All members of staff are required to be precepted, yes even the CSRs. So its a well constructed team.

We operate 24 hours a day, with a command centre with built in redundancies.

So our wireless devices are actually programmed for anti jamming and anti scanning. We have included a 3d IMU that allows for motion detection, like door open or window break allowing more alerts than a typical wired device.

So essentially by wasting your money on purchasing a 'typical' GPS solution, you are buying a gadget, where you can lose your vehicle" but by subscribing to Air Support Tactical you are getting serviced by a team of professionals that WILL get your car back. Its tested and proven.

Air Support: I do not mean to sound rude, but all that you have said is what we know.
When I say (speaking for myself) none of the available systems meet my needs - I am referring directly to the highly sensitive electrical systems these vehicles come with. The "add-ons" offered by these GPS systems CANNOT integrate.

I cannot get the following:

1. There is no real time monitoring. So imagine I go to movie-town and someone steals my vehicle. I'd have to wait till the movie finishes, till after I grab a bite, walk out to the car-park and notice the vehicle is missing - then call any of the GPS providers and notify them. Lets say average 2-3 hours after my vehicle could very well be in a container heading up the islands or chopped to pieces and re-sold.

2. There is no anti-jacking or panic feature.

Etc etc etc.

I might as well buy an amazon.com system (wireless) and install it myself. But I guess I would not get the "superb" services people like you offer.

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 7th, 2018, 8:47 pm

What you stated is not entirely true.

Not one company in this country can say they monitor your vehicle in real time. There is no way for a provider to know the difference between you driving your vehicle, lending the vehicle or a car jacker driving your vehicle.

With our new app and push notifications you would have known the second someone entered your vehicle, even while you were in cinema.

Now, after its stolen whats next, standalone devices you are at the mercy of the TTPS and their available resources.

So its more than you have not fully been exposed to the services we offer. You speak about the panic button, are you aware of our wear safe devices? There is so much more we do other than GPS.

May I also remind you we still have a 100% success rate.

We perform a lot of R&D to improve our firmware and hardware on our devices. Not just buy off amazon like others. We have our own investigations and surveillance unit. We monitor 24/7, unlike other companies that close on holidays and weekends and the list goes on.

Then you can track your car in real time, if the car moves you see it in the app moving, no sim cards to top up no fees. There is only an annual renewal fee. So basically what you mentioned that we dont have we do.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » May 7th, 2018, 9:09 pm

AirSupport wrote:What you stated is not entirely true.

Not one company in this country can say they monitor your vehicle in real time. There is no way for a provider to know the difference between you driving your vehicle, lending the vehicle or a car jacker driving your vehicle.

With our new app and push notifications you would have known the second someone entered your vehicle, even while you were in cinema.

Now, after its stolen whats next, standalone devices you are at the mercy of the TTPS and their available resources.

So its more than you have not fully been exposed to the services we offer. You speak about the panic button, are you aware of our wear safe devices? There is so much more we do other than GPS.

May I also remind you we still have a 100% success rate.

We perform a lot of R&D to improve our firmware and hardware on our devices. Not just buy off amazon like others. We have our own investigations and surveillance unit. We monitor 24/7, unlike other companies that close on holidays and weekends and the list goes on.

Then you can track your car in real time, if the car moves you see it in the app moving, no sim cards to top up no fees. There is only an annual renewal fee. So basically what you mentioned that we dont have we do.

Prove me wrong. Set up an appointment for me and debunk all that I have stated.

AirSupport
Sweet on this forum

Postby AirSupport » May 8th, 2018, 7:10 am

There is nothing really to debunk, its just you are not fully informed of all of our products and services. Its best you call and make an appointment at 2258725. Once you refer to this thread I will ensure you get someone who can answer all your questions.

I cant add V2NR.30 as a client on our system lol.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 8th, 2018, 7:21 am

Air support: how much does a gps system cost?

demboyzaudio
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby demboyzaudio » June 3rd, 2018, 3:54 pm

I have a GPS installed by a guy named Hamza. It can't be set to send alert when your door opens. If the far vibrates and when it starts. It can be shut down immediately or when the vehicle slows down.
A few months ago my father in law Xtrail was stolen. Same GPS setup. The police was contacted and they recovered the vehicle.

As far as I know the theives normally leave it somewhere remote to make sure someone doesn't come for the vehicle.

This makes it easier for the police.
A service we pay for with our taxes.
You can get a GPS installed and recover with the police. Or you can pay money for the same thing.

His number is 712-6000 if anyone need more info

whiterose868
Riding on 13's

Postby whiterose868 » November 6th, 2021, 8:25 pm

Bumping a bit. This is NOT a sales pitch lol

I have 3 new cars in my house and through a series of trial and error (most recent incident being July 2021), I have settled on migrating to Air Support Tactical for all vehicles.

I have had in the past Car Search as well as those men who advertise $700 or less systems on FB. For all intents and purposes, the GPS does the same thing (track the car). The reasons I paid extra for Air Support and will continue doing so are:

1) they have a fully functional app. I do not need to text my car when I want to check in. I can get an alert, an email, a text AND a call (no exaggeration) if my car so much as rattles (or starts, or moves etc).
2) I have parked my car in parking lots and very remote locations and the GPS had an accurate location.
3) Air support app and website also allows me to create a "geofence" so I can set my house, friends homes, work etc as "safe" locations (or even vice versa like if im doing street parking for an event and I know ahead of time). If I have a last minute plan, I can even call them after I park and be like "yea im gonna park here for the next 4 hours or so. Please call me if my car has any incidents." and they will do just that. $700 man does be sleeping them hours lmao.
4) Also on that man sleeping thing - if I email Air Support at 1am or 9pm they will call me like 5 minutes after with info. My first experience with this was when I was shopping around. Cue me sending out requests for info about 11pm and my phone ringing 1102pm. Spent about 30 minutes having a full discussion about the capabilities and lack thereof of their systems (newsflash, its not a magical unicorn system. There ARE limitations and they DO tell you upfront). They are always available, they are always watching and monitoring. Car safe was the only other company to do that for me but their technology has long since been outdated AND their customer service was horrific my last few visits.
5) My forgetful self does not need to top up a SIM card or remember to arm/disarm my system. The air support system knows me and my regular patterns (but I can program it's behaviour myself otherwise if I need a one-off thing).

6) Now the kicker. One of my cars was unfortunately stolen (twice!) from a mall and from a side street in broad daylight. I got the notif and called them. By the time I made my way out of the mall / onto the street where my card was parked, they had already called me (about 13 minutes later max), car intercepted & recovered and they and TTPS are doing their thing; looking for clues etc. Had the vehicle returned to me no mess, no fuss. Lost a few items that were in the car like phone chargers and thing but that's small thing. Car was back in working order.

For me, the price I paid upfront and then $600ish a year thereafter is well worth the service that I expect and received.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 7th, 2021, 10:28 pm

I have on both my cars. Fortunately I have never required recovery but I prefer a service that provides armed recovery.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 9th, 2021, 6:01 pm

Only $600 ish a year is pretty cheap

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 14th, 2021, 7:40 pm

i was peeping gaffar.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 16th, 2021, 10:35 am

I know this is a thread that promotes GPS whatnot but if your vehicle is 10 years old and under, preferably 8 years and under, the aim is to insure your vehicle under comprehensive risks first and foremost.

I don't have GPS because my insurance will take care of everything. I leave nothing of importance in the car and my original insurance certificate is at home. I keep a copy with me in the glove box. Reason for this is, if the vehicle is stolen, that is 1 less hassle to worry about because a stolen vehicle with stolen insurance certificate means you will have to include that in your 2 reports and then swear an affidavit and that is too much drama in this pandemic world we living in.

I was stopped by police a few times during road exercises and presented the officer/s with my photocopied cert and a pdf copy on my phone and they did not make a fuss.

So, if my ride is stolen, I couldn't care less. I'll just make my report and start the claim process.

Years ago bandits took a new Mazda 3 from us. I went to the insurance company and provided ALL documents pronto on the same day. I even signed a transfer form and provided the spare key. In less than a month we got our cheque and simply moved on. Couple months later I saw the car but it was flashed over in a color that was not part of Mazda's pallet. I saw a more recent plate affixed and then the sunroof which was a giveaway since I don't recall any Mazda3 at the time coming with sunroof via the roro market.

So I tailed the car and contacted police. Long story short, on that afternoon officers of the SVS asked me to go through the vehicle and I was able to identify it as stolen. The vehicle was immediately impounded and I notified the insurance that the vehicle was found. I just did it for closure and for the insurance to probably sell the car and recover funds accordingly.

If you can't afford comprehensive risks then go third party fire and theft. For those who simply have sentimental attachments to the asset then I don't blame you for installing GPS.

Lastly, I've seen many installers do poor GPS installs one to the extent where they tapped into the wrong power source and the car got burnt to the ground. The insurers did an investigation and found that the problem was with the GPS install. They filed a civil claim against that company and the matter went to court.

Just be careful about who you go by to install such a device in your car.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 17th, 2021, 10:51 am

agent007 wrote:I know this is a thread that promotes GPS whatnot but if your vehicle is 10 years old and under, preferably 8 years and under, the aim is to insure your vehicle under comprehensive risks first and foremost.

I don't have GPS because my insurance will take care of everything. I leave nothing of importance in the car and my original insurance certificate is at home. I keep a copy with me in the glove box. Reason for this is, if the vehicle is stolen, that is 1 less hassle to worry about because a stolen vehicle with stolen insurance certificate means you will have to include that in your 2 reports and then swear an affidavit and that is too much drama in this pandemic world we living in.

I was stopped by police a few times during road exercises and presented the officer/s with my photocopied cert and a pdf copy on my phone and they did not make a fuss.

So, if my ride is stolen, I couldn't care less. I'll just make my report and start the claim process.

Years ago bandits took a new Mazda 3 from us. I went to the insurance company and provided ALL documents pronto on the same day. I even signed a transfer form and provided the spare key. In less than a month we got our cheque and simply moved on. Couple months later I saw the car but it was flashed over in a color that was not part of Mazda's pallet. I saw a more recent plate affixed and then the sunroof which was a giveaway since I don't recall any Mazda3 at the time coming with sunroof via the roro market.

So I tailed the car and contacted police. Long story short, on that afternoon officers of the SVS asked me to go through the vehicle and I was able to identify it as stolen. The vehicle was immediately impounded and I notified the insurance that the vehicle was found. I just did it for closure and for the insurance to probably sell the car and recover funds accordingly.

If you can't afford comprehensive risks then go third party fire and theft. For those who simply have sentimental attachments to the asset then I don't blame you for installing GPS.

Lastly, I've seen many installers do poor GPS installs one to the extent where they tapped into the wrong power source and the car got burnt to the ground. The insurers did an investigation and found that the problem was with the GPS install. They filed a civil claim against that company and the matter went to court.

Just be careful about who you go by to install such a device in your car.

It’s just an added layer of protection and gps usually has discounts with the same insurance . The good thing now is most insurance is sent as a pdf copy over the last few years so saving a copy shouldn’t be an issue. Good points you made though .

CorollaNZE
Riding on 13's

Postby CorollaNZE » December 30th, 2021, 9:08 am

Any updates to this post. Can anyone recommend which gps provider is the one to go with?

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » March 19th, 2022, 9:13 pm

Bump for update

Hexxx
Riding on 13's

Postby Hexxx » April 28th, 2022, 8:19 am

Check out https://www.airsupport-tactical.com/car-safe their app is good and shows the location of the vehicle (once the GPS device is charged and has signal), and based on their service, if the vehicle is stolen they would attempt to recover it. It's an annual fee.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 14th, 2023, 9:39 am

Is it possible to buy a tracker off Amazon and put a local sim in it ?

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » April 14th, 2023, 9:50 am

Guys,

I use Air Tactical tracking unit.

Thank God up to date I have not had to call about my vehicle.

I used their service because they offer Vehicle recovery- Only reason to choose their service(personal choice)

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”