TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HONDA VEZEL: Pros + Cons:

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

HONDA VEZEL: Pros + Cons:

Postby DASSMASS » July 12th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Hey fellas,
If there is an existing thread link me plz.
If not, what say ye?

This vezel like new Tiida...love the look doe.
Pros and Cons?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: HONDA VEZEL: Pros + Cons:

Postby rspann » July 12th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Parts availability. Take that into consideration . This week I had to import parts for a RS that got damaged weeks now. Buying a car and have to park up when you need parts is a real important factor to consider.

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 13th, 2019, 12:24 am

sense

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 15th, 2019, 2:06 pm

I wonder how high up the car-thief hit list the Vezel is
It's a very decent vehicle. Popularity means parts supply will continue to increase

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 15th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Here's the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=717639

It shares parts with other Honda platforms, such as the fit etc, so there are multiple avenues for parts.
Most consumables are easy to get
Filters, Fluids, Plugs, hoses etc.

Body parts may be limited to the local HRV, but there will be unique parts that can only be sourced from Japan. Depends on what you need, really.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 15th, 2019, 3:20 pm

MG Man wrote:I wonder how high up the car-thief hit list the Vezel is
It's a very decent vehicle. Popularity means parts supply will continue to increase

So far, we've seen one that was stolen and recovered.
I'd suggest a good GPS company or car search.

With growing popularity, there will be increased demand for parts - so you know what that means.

It can't really be stolen while parked, unless they have one of those wreckers.
If they want it, they will take it at gunpoint - so normal precautions apply.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 15th, 2019, 3:23 pm

yup, so imo not many cons to buying a Vezel if you're looking for that class of vehicle

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 16th, 2019, 5:27 pm

MG Man wrote:yup, so imo not many cons to buying a Vezel if you're looking for that class of vehicle
hmm thanks

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 16th, 2019, 5:28 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Here's the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=717639

It shares parts with other Honda platforms, such as the fit etc, so there are multiple avenues for parts.
Most consumables are easy to get
Filters, Fluids, Plugs, hoses etc.

Body parts may be limited to the local HRV, but there will be unique parts that can only be sourced from Japan. Depends on what you need, really.
thanks alot

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 16th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Browsed showroom today... Hyundai CRETA $195K and Kia SPORTAGE $210K...what thoughts on those?
BOTH are less than the RORO Vezels $225K AND local HRV $259K
20190716_112623.jpeg
20190716_112538.jpeg

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 16th, 2019, 8:40 pm

I have my reservations on both Kia and Hyundai, but that's my personal opinion.
I'd suggest checking the various forums on 'em.

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 20th, 2019, 9:42 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:I have my reservations on both Kia and Hyundai, but that's my personal opinion.
ok

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 22nd, 2019, 5:06 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:I have my reservations on both Kia and Hyundai, but that's my personal opinion.

Korean = pressure for parts....Just last week ah padna looking for parts for an old model cerato....called at least 8 places in the bamboo and we got rehearsed responses "we doh bring Korean parts here"

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » July 22nd, 2019, 6:38 am

Anything close to the stealership that rhymes with Northern, stay far. Very far.

May the Force be with you.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 22nd, 2019, 6:52 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Korean = pressure for parts....Just last week ah padna looking for parts for an old model cerato....called at least 8 places in the bamboo and we got rehearsed responses "we doh bring Korean parts here"

Most places in the bamboo does not sell Korean parts, so your partner wasted his time. You have to call First Line parts in El soccorro , South Korean Connection in Bamboo , Car City in Bamboo, and Millions of Parts in Chase vIllage. There are also local scrapyards with lots of parts for the older models.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 22nd, 2019, 6:27 pm

rspann wrote:

Most places in the bamboo does not sell Korean parts, so your partner wasted his time. You have to call First Line parts in El soccorro , South Korean Connection in Bamboo , Car City in Bamboo, and Millions of Parts in Chase vIllage. There are also local scrapyards with lots of parts for the older models.

Knowledge there spanner

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2019, 7:41 pm

Stay far from both! Consider this, Seat and Skoda are lower than Volkswagen, just the same way Volkswagen is lower than Audi and Bentley. All are under the same group. In terms of Korean, the highest is Genesis then Hyundai and then Kia. There is a reason why Kia's sell. People want affordability with lots of false glitz and glam.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 22nd, 2019, 8:46 pm

agent007 wrote: There is a reason why Kia's sell: affordability with lots of false glitz and glam.

The only selling point of Korean cars.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 23rd, 2019, 6:47 am

op, you won't have any problems with a tiida...just saying, head & block these days is $600

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 23rd, 2019, 7:34 am

Parts is a major problem with all the dealers. Sometimes you have to wait four months for basic parts. I have a collision repair center where we do work for the major insurance companies and specialize invehicles that are considered CTL. The majority are the higher end vehicles that the dont want written off because of the loss involved.

I just fly out and buy the parts over the counter in foreign dealerships where the almost all the time have the parts in stock right away or worst case a couple of days. Parts is not an issue for me so I buy or repair any vehicle without the worries. The last shipment received last week consisted of Vezel, Santa Fe, Volkswagen Jetta, Volkswagen Passat and Subaru XV .the parts arrived in nine days (and at a fraction of the cost)so why can't the dealers do this? Probably they wait until they have a full container?

Whatever the reason, it's hard to buy a car and the have it parked up for months while being repaired. Especially if it's the only one you have.

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 26th, 2019, 11:27 pm

rspann wrote:

word

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 26th, 2019, 11:29 pm

viedcht wrote:
agent007 wrote: There is a reason why Kia's sell: affordability with lots of false glitz and glam.

The only selling point of Korean cars.
yes they are definitely more "attractive" and Kia touts "free mats, gps, alarm and tint"

DASSMASS
Street 2NR

Postby DASSMASS » July 26th, 2019, 11:31 pm

rspann wrote:Parts is a major problem with all the dealers. Sometimes you have to wait four months for basic parts. I have a collision repair center where we do work for the major insurance companies and specialize invehicles that are considered CTL. The majority are the higher end vehicles that the dont want written off because of the loss involved.

I just fly out and buy the parts over the counter in foreign dealerships where the almost all the time have the parts in stock right away or worst case a couple of days. Parts is not an issue for me so I buy or repair any vehicle without the worries. The last shipment received last week consisted of Vezel, Santa Fe, Volkswagen Jetta, Volkswagen Passat and Subaru XV .the parts arrived in nine days (and at a fraction of the cost)so why can't the dealers do this? Probably they wait until they have a full container?

Whatever the reason, it's hard to buy a car and the have it parked up for months while being repaired. Especially if it's the only one you have.
THIS...why they so comfortable with not gaf about the customer eh...salt. but that is real performance 9 days vs 4 months waw

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”