TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Incorrect VIN and vehicle description on CC

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Incorrect VIN and vehicle description on CC

Postby Bad Dog » August 27th, 2019, 9:37 am

My brother passed away and my niece is trying to transfer his vehicle to herself. However, she discovered that there are errors on the certified copy. The vehicle was purchased from a used car dealer with 1 previous owner. It is a 1995 model Honda CR-V and all vehicles manufactured after 1981 has a 17 digit VIN.

1. The VIN has 15 digits instead of 17 digits...the last 2 digits are missing.
2. Vehicle model is CIVIC...it is a CR-V
3. Description is 4 dr sedan...it is a 5 dr SUV
4. The engine number is correct...same as the CC

I am not sure if this was a data entry error at licencing office.

I checked the Honda VIN decoder using the full correct VIN (JHLRD5880) which shows manufactured in Japan in 1995 as a CR-V. First owner was registered in Trinidad in 1995 so; most likely the vehicle was sold new.

My advice is to back track from the used car dealer the first owner and then to the Honda dealership for any documentation (Bill of Sale, CC or Bill of Lading) that may show records with the correct information and take that info to the Licensing office.

Is there any way to correct this or is she SOL(sh!t out of luck)? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Incorrect VIN and vehicle description on CC

Postby *KRONIK* » August 27th, 2019, 9:54 am

Once you have supporting paperwork, it can be recitified,
Vehicle will need to go to license office to be inspected.
Go to license office and meet with the chief clerk and they will review the documents and advise you accordingly

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 27th, 2019, 11:07 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Once you have supporting paperwork, it can be recitified,
Go to license office and meet with the chief clerk and they will review the documents and advise you accordingly
^ This.

Also check the chassis number for a match. Data entry errors like this are not uncommon.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 28th, 2019, 8:43 am

That is easier said than done.

I had to make an amendment on my Certified copy which was done in less than 30 min over the pit.

However getting the new ceritifted copy is a run around they will always tell you come back next week and nothing is done. Its near impossible to get them to issue it as they will always tell you they have to wait for it to be put on the system.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 28th, 2019, 11:34 am

I had the opposite experience,
When i bought my van, there was an error on the CC. Someone put “G” as a “6” on the CC.
I went and show them the CC by the transfer counter, they send me back in the line, checked the correct chassis # and i wait about 1.5hrs and got my corrected CC same day.....
zoom rader wrote:

I had to make an amendment on my Certified copy which was done in less than 30 min over the pit.

However getting the new ceritifted copy is a run around they will always tell you come back next week and nothing is done. Its near impossible to get them to issue it as they will always tell you they have to wait for it to be put on the system.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 28th, 2019, 6:19 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:I had the opposite experience,
When i bought my van, there was an error on the CC. Someone put “G” as a “6” on the CC.
I went and show them the CC by the transfer counter, they send me back in the line, checked the correct chassis # and i wait about 1.5hrs and got my corrected CC same day.....
zoom rader wrote:

How long ago was this?

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » August 28th, 2019, 6:37 pm

RD5 wasnt manufacturered in 1995.

But as said above, you sound like you need to have an amendment done. Just go caroni and they will sort you out.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » August 28th, 2019, 8:45 pm

black start wrote:RD5 wasnt manufacturered in 1995.

But as said above, you sound like you need to have an amendment done. Just go caroni and they will sort you out.

Sorry, It was Honda CR-V manufactured in 2005.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » August 28th, 2019, 8:48 pm

adnj wrote:
^ This.

Also check the chassis number for a match. Data entry errors like this are not uncommon.

The last 2 digits of the (VIN) chassis number are missing on the Certified Copy.

Bad Dog
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Bad Dog » August 28th, 2019, 8:49 pm

adnj wrote:
^ This.

The last 2 digits of the (VIN) chassis number are missing on the Certified Copy.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 28th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Bad Dog wrote:
adnj wrote:
^ This.

The closer the VIN matches are, the easier it should be for LO to believe that there was a simple error made.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 28th, 2019, 9:48 pm

About a year.
zoom rader wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:I had the opposite experience,
zoom rader wrote:

How long ago was this?

BeJimmieJer
Riding on 13's

View first unread post

Postby BeJimmieJer » September 2nd, 2019, 6:05 pm

I dont think I like this game. My first post was me blathering on about something that didnt have anything to do with pinball. I know Weird, right?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”