TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NEED ADVISE

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rb25
Street 2NR

NEED ADVISE

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 12:01 am

I have a 2017 Honda Civic. I am look for a reputable and experienced alignment shop..

:HISTORY OF PROBLEM:

Recently I carried my car to service at an alignment place in couva (near to kfc). After putting the car on the lift I was told that the camber for both the rear and the front was off and in order to have it corrected I needed to purchase the a camber kit for both the front and the rear..

For the front:

https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2 ... r-kit.html

For the rear:

https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2 ... r-kit.html

So I purchased the parts online and received it..I went today to have it installed at the same place..The camber kit for the rear worked perfectly and no problems there.
However, when they went to install the front the stem on the ball joint for the one I purchased (which was recommended by the guy) was to big and couldn't fit in my spindle and nothing further was done..

I questioned how come the part you told me to order and said will work eventually didnt (also he said that he brings in those for himself but he sold out and not bringing any until next year) but he didn't give an answer..he just shrugged..

On asking what is my options are, he then proceeded to tell me that he has a set of coilovers for my car and that will solve the problem without the need for the ball balljoint replacement (he has the turbo model to mine with 20's and drop low) so I suspect he was just trying to plam off the used set the probably put in his car and changed it for whatever reason..Basically he was trying to scam me..

Now I am completely lost on what to do and how to correct the camber and alignment on my car..

Can someone point me to the right direction please?..
Last edited by rb25 on October 9th, 2020, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: NEED ADVISE

Postby agent007 » October 9th, 2020, 1:54 am

Mileage Mack.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 9th, 2020, 5:48 am

Had a squeak that was very loud

I went to my regular mechanic he said cradle bushing

Went to milage mark the said bushing good maybe bushing at bottom of shocks but go by mechanic to take down shocks to check it

Went by a older very experienced mechanic he diagnosed it as the ball joint

Changed those and van never ran smoother and quieter

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 9th, 2020, 7:56 am

Between scamming and just all out not knowing what they are doing some mechanics have no ethics and there is no regulation by so some mechanics get away with anything and all they hit you is the shrug shoulder

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » October 9th, 2020, 8:09 am

Quik Service in Pt. Lisas.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 9th, 2020, 8:56 am

Unless there was an accident, it is extremely unlikely a 3 year old vehicle would have both front and rear camber so far off as to need a camber kit to fix. The civic has no factory camber adjustments but once reasonably within factory specs it's usually fine.

95% sure you've been scammed.

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 9:49 am

agent007 wrote:Mileage Mack.
San Fernando or Port of Spain?

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 9:49 am

PariaMan wrote:Had a squeak that was very loud

I went to my regular mechanic he said cradle bushing

Went to milage mark the said bushing good maybe bushing at bottom of shocks but go by mechanic to take down shocks to check it

Went by a older very experienced mechanic he diagnosed it as the ball joint

Changed those and van never ran smoother and quieter
Nothing beats experience!!

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 9:51 am

Kenjo wrote:Between scamming and just all out not knowing what they are doing some mechanics have no ethics and there is no regulation by so some mechanics get away with anything and all they hit you is the shrug shoulder
That's the same treatment I got..there are the honest ones but they are few and far between and very hard to find..

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 9:51 am

carluva wrote:Quik Service in Pt. Lisas.
I will check them out..

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 10:04 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:Unless there was an accident, it is extremely unlikely a 3 year old vehicle would have both front and rear camber so far off as to need a camber kit to fix. The civic has no factory camber adjustments but once reasonably within factory specs it's usually fine.

95% sure you've been scammed.
As far as the accident history of the car,I don't suspect there to be any..I bought the car from an auto rental company in POS that does long term rentals..
From the first visit the guy he said the camber was off my .35 and the back was off by 2...I don't know the units (degrees, minutes/seconds)
I already got scammed because I bought the part..fortunately the rear worked now I'm just working to resolve the front..

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 17th, 2020, 9:26 pm

have to find out what is stock setup.

i aligned vehicles with 1.5 degrees per back (ciferos, c33, c35 and no issues)

not all adjustments need to be 0.
most places does use a generic alignment vehicle and no vehicle spcific.

i used to run a john bean 2016 back in the day. plug in the correct info, year 4wd 2wd ect, and yuh reallll bad.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”