what do we get for 2007

International Auto Sound Challenge Association
Official IASCA T&T Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sniper2DD
Street 2NR

what do we get for 2007

Postby sniper2DD » January 30th, 2008, 2:54 pm

well another year for iasca is in full swing. but the question on all competitors minds still remains, wat appreciation do we get for 2007. working night and day on our systems , bunnin dong our equipments going to every show conceived by you guys. yess its the adrenalin rush , the nation wide recognition , the fans and yess most importantly the fact that we love what we are doing , but lets be real , personally, whats in there for us?????
what about the competitors who win all the shows the he goes to? or the one that , throughout the year, only supported one particular show?or the guys that face overwhelming costs to rebuild systems damaged at a previous show just to show up at another? tell me? at the end of the year what do we have to look forward to??? where is the appreciation???????????

boom
Riding on 18's

Postby boom » January 30th, 2008, 7:41 pm

a shake hand and a smile with a " well done" pat on the back

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 30th, 2008, 7:51 pm

please dont confuse iasca with show promoters they are 2 separate entities

iasca ensures that there are fair standards set for competitions and pr0vides trained judges to enforce the standards according to the rule book as well as certified test equipment and displays

IASCA does not host shows in trinidad

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: what do we get for 2007

Postby nigel1977 » January 30th, 2008, 8:09 pm

sniper2DD wrote:well another year for iasca is in full swing. but the question on all competitors minds still remains, wat appreciation do we get for 2007. working night and day on our systems , bunnin dong our equipments going to every show conceived by you guys. yess its the adrenalin rush , the nation wide recognition , the fans and yess most importantly the fact that we love what we are doing , but lets be real , personally, whats in there for us?????
what about the competitors who win all the shows the he goes to? or the one that , throughout the year, only supported one particular show?or the guys that face overwhelming costs to rebuild systems damaged at a previous show just to show up at another? tell me? at the end of the year what do we have to look forward to??? where is the appreciation???????????

If youre doing this for something other than self satisfaction and the LOVE of the sport, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons palos. It certainly isn't IASCA's fault your equipment failed. How on earth can they be held to task for that?

Its Iasca'a role to provide a fair set of international rules and a proper recognised measurement system.
Everything else is out of their hands.

What's the average size of a SECOND place trophy here, 3-4feet tall? At the IASCA WORLD FINALS, the FIRST place trophy was about 18".

Can you compare what those guys spend? I saw 2 sets of custom built subwoofers for Scott Owens on the ground next to his truck (have pics to back that up), do you think he's worried about what IASCA is doing for him?

d white primera

Postby d white primera » January 30th, 2008, 9:13 pm

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT GOOD JOB SNIPER :lol:

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 31st, 2008, 12:23 pm

you see nigel 1977 sniper's point is that before the shows there are alot of promises and I mean from back in d days of the B13 with d 2 15"dd and d laser with d 2 10"dd and the orange hunter to now with bar-b-q boys, sniper & warriors to send them miami, barbados & grenada which is always empty.
why promise then and get people hopes up?
And as far as the part where IASCA and the promoters are seperate entities, I taught that the same official was the head promoter of 100% IASCA and the one making these promises.
these boys dont really care about the trip but at least a plaque or something to show for their dedication

You dissin sniper about how much he spend compare to scot owen but PLEASE realise sniper is not a rich man but very dedicated to the game and besides some of these guys have sponsors so if you cannot ansure the question dont diss the man. 0X

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » January 31st, 2008, 1:07 pm

im not quite sure what is going on here...
from the scoreboards it has been shown that 99% of "spl" cars here will get lix by about 10dbs

a "show car" to a trini consists of any car with big rims and vinyl dropped low

i have prob seen about 2 or 3 international type installs in the car shows in trini and from international scoreboards again the only cars that car match up internationally wrt scores and installs are some of the sq cars.

HONESTLY IN REALITY if you send a car with eminence 18 sound etc up to miami spring break for example, it will be very very embarrasing. i am not saying this from personal opinion but just how it is.

im sure if the "show cars" fix their standards it will attract international attention then things will start to move from there and maybe the plaques will start comming it

if you do not believe me pick up a car audio mag or a pas mag, go on the net and look at international installs and scores. Again this is not my opinion just how it is, yal need to start thinking outside the box, internationally...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 31st, 2008, 2:10 pm

let me clear up somthing

the trip to barbados was being sponsored by the promoter in barbados and had to cancel the show due to a death in the family

as well as the other show he was suppose to have was also cancelled due to another death
honeslty he has had a rough 2 years and i will post this here but its not out for the public

he has contacted us as in IASCA stating that he is ready to start back up and its presently in the negotiating stages

IASCA trinidad had nothing to do with any show in grenada take that up with streetwise sounds as they were the promoters

concerning any trips sponsorship etc thats left up to the promoter and NOT IASCA trinidad
even though for the 100% series of shows it may be the same person but definatly its 2 separate accounts and separate bodies

IASCA trinidad does not operate on a profit basis as all fees etc are used to cover all expenses for IASCA trinidad such as sanctioning fees registration forms judges fees equipment etc

any form of sponsorship prize money etc comes from the promoter

so i suggest that the discusion be held with the promoter/promoters regarding this issue and not drag IASCA into it

as far as a plaque etc i am sure that can be looked into and organised
i already ahve a good link in daytona who does laser etching on any material so we can definatly look at that

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 31st, 2008, 2:25 pm

jeff wrote ~ have prob seen about 2 or 3 international type installs in the car shows in trini and from international scoreboards again the only cars that car match up internationally wrt scores and installs are some of the sq cars.

so according to you jeff these guys I mentioned earlier were not up to par, also
you make it look like is only sq good at shows and all the rest is s#*t.
so let us hold a show with sq alone and NO spl, graphics, paint, bassboxing etc and soo how that goes
I was expecting this type of response from the sq guys {no offence} since they all support each other and the spl guys are affraid to talk.

ANYWAY SR thanks for clearing that up we now understand a bit

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » January 31st, 2008, 2:26 pm

Just to clarify, it wasn't my intent to diss the sniper, no no offense intended.

jeff
Riding on 18's

Postby jeff » January 31st, 2008, 2:46 pm

hustlers you missed my point
note what i said carefully please, i stated no opinions just facts

am i not correct about the scores part??? and about the international part??
and am i not correct about internationally they dont have this type of speakers on top panel van with speakers on top?

so what did i say wrong then?
i see you refer to me "as a sq " man just because you dont agree with me?

sorry if i offended you, as sr said he'l organise yal and yal wil get plaques

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 31st, 2008, 4:39 pm

jeff wrote ~ sorry if i offended you, as sr said he'l organise yal and yal wil get plaques

you are not offending me jeff but you claim that only 2 or 3 cars are up to par so what about the others?
You also have to realise that the midrange is what attracts crowd and without crowd no money will be made to hold further events and for IASCA dealership
take fadder fowl for instance he comes to every show just to entertain people so how dare you descriminate these fellas?

I can't get this here we have a man [sniper] asking his question and instead of an answer everybody against him exept sr
the man have a good point
when d sq fellas ask a question we doh diss them.
common man if you dont have an answer leave it up to someone who has .............. PLEASE

sniper2DD
Street 2NR

Postby sniper2DD » January 31st, 2008, 4:53 pm

boi we hearin this talk about plaques, limes, appreciation meetings , cars going out of t&t - we hear these things every year................. and i think that it is about time that we stand up or even try to negotiate sum kind of compromise....... if iasca Trinidad was doing their job correctly we as Trinidad competitors would be more recognized not only in trini but worldwide.... ok some of you may say that we not even making the scores to be recognized but thats BS. WE DONT HAVE BIGG SPONSORSHIP
from all the different brands , we don't have the ''pull string'' to have custom speakers and amps built just for us, all we have is what we but locally and from the store...and for what we have i think we do just fine...... as to what HUSTLERS said which sounds to me like a good idea, trow a bigg car show with only SQ vehicles . don't incorporate names of the spl , soundoff, or car show guys.lets see how it turns out.....
do u think that even 10% of the ppl who come to car shows know what SQ is???? is that your fault? answer the question.... you spent all your time money and every thing you know on your install ' just like everybody else' and nobody , [other that those of US that live and breathe this thing every day] even cares......................now before u think im one sided, know this i as well as all of my fellow competitors appreciate all the work that the SQ guys put into their cars , but to tell you the truth even though we are in the same show we are never exposed to you systems.... why? is it our fault ? or is the show designed to keep the spotlight on the money? if you know what i mean.......ppl try and wake up , THIS THING STOPPED BEING A HOBBY WHEN PPL STARTED DERIVING SUM KINDA INCOME [BE IT HOW BIGG OR SMALL] FROM OUR WORK AND OUR MONEY THAT WE SPEND ON OUR CARS .... DIS EH NO FRIEND THING , THINK ABOUT IT ....

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » January 31st, 2008, 4:58 pm

please you all before you respond read sniper's post carefully and understand
he simply asks what is there for someone dedicating themselves and WINNING at all the events for the year... and he means anyone sq, spl, and bassboxing

sniper2DD
Street 2NR

Postby sniper2DD » January 31st, 2008, 5:01 pm

HUSTLERS YOU BEEN IN THIS THING LONG TIME LONGER THAN ME WAT DO YOU THINK ?????

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » January 31st, 2008, 8:27 pm

Hoss, and I'm NOT DISSING ANYONE, Ive been competing since 94, both in SQ and in SPL. Back then it was a 2 day events, with SQ on Saturday, and spl on Sunday. We would build Friday night into Saturday lunchtime to go for Saturday, and then rebuild Saturday night into Sunday morning to go for Sunday.

So don't for a minute think I personally don't know what hard work is. You'll be preaching to the choir. And don't doubt for a minute I know how hard it is to invest your last dollar in equipment to compete.

The fact is, that if you're competing for anything other than a love of the sport, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Take that however you see it because its the truth, as a fellow competitor, Ive come to realise that a long long time ago. I'm in my 14th year of active competition, Ive never missed a sq event (willingly), and the only thing I have to show for my undying support for IASCA is a living room crammed full of trophies? No, I compete, simply because I love competing and I love car audio.

Coming to the point you raised about having a strict SQ event only, why would any promoter, in any frame of mind, host a show with just about 7-10 competing cars? Is it our fault that the interest in SQ is low?
Eminence and 18 sound and ciare (and other pro audio brands) speakers outnumber component speaker sales by at least 20 to 1. that alone is a clear indicator that people are simply not interested in sq, so lets not beat that dead horse anymore because I'm quite sure, the money they collect from the Sq guys, won't be enough to even pay the SQ judge and buy the trophies to run the SQ event.

Look at it this way...
The promoter needs the competitors to draw the crowds. The competitors need the event to compete.
IASCA is the medium to satisfy both parties.

Now, regarding Sponsorship...
1. If the brand YOU choose to use doesn't support you in active competition, then you need to do something.
2. No Manufacturer will GIVE YOU FREE speakers, until you've proven yourself, least of all in a 3rd world country.

To put things into perspective, the sq guys are there at a show from 9-10am, and we're there till 5-6pm. Thats the time when everybody comes to the show. Its also the time the Gallery boys start cranking up. How in heavens name, are the Sq guys able to promote Sq, when we cant hear each other talk, sitting inside the vehicle. Is the money we pay to compete different? Is our value any different to the iDBL guys or the Bass boxing guys? So when you think you're under appreciated, you're just going through a fraction of how we feel.

As it stands, even though things are as bad as they seem, the SQ guys need the public interest in the bass boxing and the idbl to "pay the bills".
Its sounds bad, but when you add the numbers up, we (sq pple) really don't have a choice.

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » February 1st, 2008, 10:25 am

nigel those are the exact points we are trying to put forward and I personally have most respect for you and your contribution to the game.
14years and nothing from the promoters to show their appreciation for this?
common, could you honestly tell me if you were given something, as small as it may be you would not feel better? more proud?
thats why there is M.V.P. for most sports, employee of the month for workers, or even the national awards for citizens who contribute.
so saying this I still support sniper's point. :D
Last edited by HUSTLERS on February 1st, 2008, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » February 1st, 2008, 11:25 am

i realised years ago that as a competitor, there is a lot more I can do for the sport, than than Iacsa can do for me.

What has Iasca done for me?

1. Provide a fair and level playing field for me to compete
2. Provide me with a stringent set of rules and judging standards to compete.
3. Expose me to International judges and judging styles
4. Allow me and my Team a place and a community to enjoy our hobby
5. Hybrid Audio, for those who dont know, was born out of the lanes of IASCA competition ,and so have many other new audio companies.
6. Iasca has created an international standard of measurement by which an audio system can be analyzed.

What have I done for IASCA?

1. Competed for 14 years
2. Set a WR a few years ago
3. Donated a 7 foot tall challenge trophy for rookie of the year SQ.

My point is, there is room for us to do more than we as competitors do for IASCA, than IASCA can do for us. IASCA Trinidad is basically 2 persons. Shameer and Shazad. Thats it.

Im asking, simply asking, from one competitor to another, to look at the big picture, and look at the development of the sport, at a national level, and let's all see what we can do to develop the sport. Im doing my part by bringing new blood to IASCA sq. I can personally say, in my 14 year tenure, Ive brought at least 10 guys on board to compete. If everyone brings someone else on board, the sport will grow.

Eventually, the level and strength of the competition body will reach to a high and great standard that , hopefully, car audio competition can be a ministry of sport/tourism supported/recognised activity.
Isnt that something worth struggling for?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » February 1st, 2008, 11:33 am

Oh BTW, I think you have the names mixed up here...

HUSTLERS wrote:Jeff those are the exact points we are trying to put forward and I personally have most respect for you and your contribution to the game.

I assume you're referring to me. Jeff will be debuting into SQ competition this year.

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » February 1st, 2008, 12:34 pm

thanks for the correction nigel

southside connections
punchin NOS

Postby southside connections » February 1st, 2008, 12:51 pm

reading this thread will make competitors turn away from iasca competitions

and i support sniper in this one he's right and there's no two ways about it man workin dey arse off and spendin countless dollars

we have WR here in trinidad- smalls and jan

when dey made it any body cared?nooooooooo

look i never kno nigel make wr and i does work wid im inbetween

personally i find if this is the case it dosen't make any sense competing

basically uh banging uh head against ah brick wall-d harder uh hit d more u eh gettin no where

promoters need to show their espect and appreciation for the competiors because promoters can only promote, but if no cars come any crowd commin????nooooo

we in trinidad tend to take what we get and make the best of it but now this is just discouraging

watch young peeps readin dis and gettin turned off from isaca

sniper have ah damn good point and right now he standin tall in it

basically promoters bussin dey own business right now so is either dey fix it or dey goin an hit rock bottom soon

BTW the number of cars in large shows has not increased but rather decreased dramatically

and what alluh would notice is that small man shows like modsec carshow appreciate their competitors alot last year dey allowed the competitors to enter d disco free and free drinks as ah thank u and dat is what making them bigger every year

jus meh lil 2 cents nah

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » February 1st, 2008, 1:03 pm

Dont be fooled, the smaller car shows have to do that, to attract the bigger guns to want to come to their show. I know all to well, how difficult it is to host a school sound off, and to get the big guys to come out. So dont compare what the modsec guys do to attract competitors to their show.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 1st, 2008, 1:39 pm

i ahve things to say but i will comment on all of this later

i have seen this argument time and time again

boom
Riding on 18's

Postby boom » February 1st, 2008, 1:46 pm

^^ true eh, the schools students who put on these shows, use the lil family and friends links to ask shops and individuals to come down to partake in the shows.. I have been active with the modsec carshow bout 3 yrs now so I have an idea of what goes on...

IMO the big guys attend either beacuse they have a neighbour or girlfriend attending the school or the installers see the school as a big expo and use it as mamimum exposure to the future of drivers/carowners who gonna want a lil system in life...

Honestly I dunno what yall fighting bout yuh know beacuse IASCA is just a judgeing format by which rules and judgeing equitment is supplied..Is the show promoters you need to look at who should show the appreciation for you competeing in their shows..I mean some does bawl this gone up and that gone up but at the end of the day is no cars attend the show no crowds are gonna follow..

If you in a sport for the love of it, you should have realised by now, that you arent ever gonna make back every single cent you spend and that just how its always been beacuse of depreciation and compition..

Its gonna be a beyotch to pay $4000 for a sub then a next $4000 to power it and $1000 to house it in your car then deadening, midrange+amps, wires and other connections we done cross a cool $10,000 jus for a 1 12'' system.. But if the love and passion is true that ent gonna be nothing compaired to the value of seeing the meter light up and read a 150db in stock 1(impossible not)...

sniper2DD
Street 2NR

Postby sniper2DD » February 1st, 2008, 2:35 pm

YOU KNOW WAT THATS WHY WE WOULD REMAIN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY... BECAUSE WE TAKE EVERYTHING AND SAY NOTHING......................................... do u realize what you are saying? are you saying that for the past 14 years you were satisfied with a pat on the back? NOW DONT GET ME WRONG , IM NOT TALKING ABOUT IASCA IN SPEAKING DIRECTLY TO THE PROMOTERS...... ok look at this macheal montano , bunji garlin , or fay ann lions , the sing at ''shows'' for a ''promoter'' ,UNdoubtably they love what dey do, and im sure, when they were under 10 years old singing, they wernt looking for a reward,or sum kinda payment. do you think that they would have reached sum where if they didn't open they trap and fight for what the do as an art form and sum thing unique to them.........YOU KNOW FOR EDUCATED PPL YOU ALL DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND COMMON SENSE!!!!! PEOPLE MAKIN MONEY OFF OF YOU , YOUR WORK , YOUR TIME AND YOUR MONEY...
ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT THESE PPL TAKE MORE INTEREST , AND APPRECIATE THE PPL WHO MAKE WAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO HAPPEN.......... DO WE WAIT UNTIL SUM BODY DEAD TO STAND UP AND CRY OVER HE BOX AND SAY WELL HE HAD THE LOUDEST CAR OR THE HIGHEST SPL THAT YEAR OR THE CLEANEST SOUNDING VEHICLE ........ WE DOH WANT MONEY, WE DOH WANT PART OF THE PROFITS AT AN EVENT, ALL WE WANT IS WHAT WAS PROMISED TO US WITHOUT ALL THE LAME EXCUSES AND FALSE HOPES , ALL WE WANT IS THE APPRECIATION FOR DOING A GOOD JOB , GET THAT IN YUH EDUCATED HEAD...

sniper2DD
Street 2NR

Postby sniper2DD » February 1st, 2008, 2:45 pm

look sorry if i offended anyone i got carried away..... look if we don't do sum thing as a group or as one body it doh make sense . dont look at this post as SUMTHING TO BE OPPOSED TOO. THINK ABOUT AS THE PLIGHT OF DECENT PPL WHO TRYING TO FEEL GOOD , AMONGST THE REST OF PPL WHO DOING THE SAME THING ..... EVERY VEHICLE THAT ROLLS INTO A SHOW IS SUM ONES INVENTION WITH ALL THE PATENT RIGHTS IN HIS HANDS , SHOWING HIS ARTWORK TO THE HUNGRY CROWD , IS IT WRONG TO LOOK AT THAT PERSON AND GIVE HIM A LIL TOKEN TO SAY, THANKS ................. THINK ABOUT IT IN YOUR POINT OF VIEW................

boom
Riding on 18's

Postby boom » February 1st, 2008, 2:50 pm

what do you consider a "lil token" shawn? I ent catching this through out the whole thread...

BTW you ever got back the advance 1 throphies?

HUSTLERS
Street 2NR

Postby HUSTLERS » February 2nd, 2008, 1:55 pm

well sr everybody calm down now let we hear yuh

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » February 2nd, 2008, 7:39 pm

so what do u propose sniper?

and as for the iasca when it was first launched i heard promises of cars being shipped to the states for wf and sprin break ... to date none has been shipped as well as no promise fulfilled ..

mafia
Ricer

Postby mafia » February 6th, 2008, 1:02 pm

hey snipper i tink u made a really good point .I've been tryin' 2 find out d same ting but i guest .................well every1 tinks differently

Advertisement

Return to “IASCA Caribbean”