Official Rally Forum -
Please visit www.rallytrinidad.com for more info on Rally

Moderators: sio, rcadiz, 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

NEWS RELEASE from the Rally Club

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 5th, 2013, 11:44 pm

TTRC Release

The Trinidad and Tobago Rally Club (wishes to sincerely apologize to all our spectators, sponsors, and service providers for the premature termination of the final leg of our International Rally Trinidad 2013 on Sunday March 24th 2013.

Around 4.00pm immediately prior to the start of the event the TTRC was informed by the Inter Agency Task Force attached to the Marabella Police Station that we were not in compliance with the required officers for the venue of which only became apparent at that time. All attempts were made to rectify the situation to allow us to proceed with our annual International Sporting Event, however this was not permitted, and we were forced to discontinue the Event.

For the past 30 years, the TTRC has always ensured that all required documentation, insurances, approvals, certificates and/or permissions as may be required are prepared prior to any Rally event staged by our organization. The very nature of our sport demands that we follow proper protocols, and adhere to required procedure as ensuring that these are strictly followed could sometimes mean the difference between life and death.

Approvals and permissions were sought for all areas of Rally Trinidad, and were requested within the appropriate timeframe; however our internal miscommunication resulted in the Police not having their required strength at the venue.

We wish also to apologize to the spectators who were subjected to the unnecessary show of force by the Police and the manner in which they elected to shut the event down. We can confirm that the event was stopped when the Police arrived at our event. We complied with all their requests, and were just as shocked as everyone else to see the unnecessarily large compliment of Police in full Tactical Gear that subsequently entered the venue when in our opinion the first officer who arrived on site was all that was required for our compliance. Certainly there was no need for the loading of automatic weapons next to our patrons which consisted of families most with young children simply there to enjoy the afternoon of International Rallying in a controlled venue.

Our apologies are also extended to the International and Regional Competitors, Media and Supporters.

The TTRC will continue to offer safe Motorsport off the PUBLIC ROADWAYS of our Country. Rally Trinidad 2013 was otherwise a resounding success, and our Executive will be hosting another exciting Stadium styled Rally event carded for April 21st with free admission. We give all assurances that this upcoming event will be packed with the same level of entertainment that is now synonymous with the Trinidad and Tobago Rally Club.

Sincerely,
TTRC (Trinidad and Tobago Rally Club)

Continued from here
viewtopic.php?p=6995413#p6995413

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: NEWS RELEASE from the Rally Club

Postby Team Loco » April 6th, 2013, 12:02 am

didn't know about this. seems to reflect the typical ignorance of some of the population towards motorsport. Rally on TTRC

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 7th, 2013, 12:02 pm

I understand the need for the PR about the cancelled event etc, but why the long winded and unnecessary attempts to blame the Police? By their own admission they did not have the required compliment of officers, so what did they expect? Our police see in black and white, so it's either correct or incorrect, and once it was determined to be incorrect, they shut down the event.
Yes they could have managed their presence better, but I think anyone living here would know the m.o. of the Police.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 7th, 2013, 12:27 pm

De Dragon wrote:Yes they could have managed their presence better, but I think anyone living here would know the m.o. of the Police.
and because it's their m.o. we should just accept it? No!

the show of force at a family oriented sporting event was completely unnecessary and should be made public!

Looking forward to a great event by TTRC!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 7th, 2013, 2:39 pm

abducted wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Yes they could have managed their presence better, but I think anyone living here would know the m.o. of the Police.
and because it's their m.o. we should just accept it? No!

the show of force at a family oriented sporting event was completely unnecessary and should be made public!

Looking forward to a great event by TTRC!

So, the RCTT should be allowed to flout the rules/laws? I'm no fan of TTPS but if the RCTT made a mistake, they have admitted it and it should be just that, an admission of error and an apology, again which they have done. No need to cast the TTPS as villains in the plot when they were just essentially doing their jobs.

high
Street 2NR

Postby high » April 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm

That's good that someone is clearing the air but how about the 100 dollars that was paid.

smallz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smallz » April 8th, 2013, 12:59 am

high wrote:That's good that someone is clearing the air but how about the 100 dollars that was paid.

read the statement again bro.. next carded event is free admission....

Advertisement

Return to “TTRC - Rally”