Forums

Dsp or headunit?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Dsp or headunit?

Postby david12 » May 15th, 2024, 8:23 pm

DemiCelph wrote:Of course, stability and performance at 5 volts are essential to me, but I wouldn't mind exploring options with an excess of power, especially if it brings additional benefits. Being open to experimentation, it would be interesting to see how the system performs at higher voltage levels.
For me I don't need to use a higher input voltage to the amplifiers. For example, the input voltage on my sub amp is .2v-5v and because the output on the dsp is matched to 5v I don't touch the gain on that amplifier. I've read that it's better for noise reduction the stronger the input signal is and the lower the amp gain is.

If I'm way off please be nice, I've been out of this for a little while since I've turned into a "gasbrain" XD

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » May 27th, 2024, 10:37 am

I put an Expert Connect in one of my vehicles (CRV), using the head unit that the vehicle came with. That worked really well. It has 8 output channels with 15bands of EQ adjustment each.

I end up buying an Expert air, 8 channels with 28band of EQ adjustment each, to pair with a Pioneer AVH 480. Plan on using that on the mids and high and use the head unit to drive the bass.

What allyuh think?

and them real cheap online, under a grand each. For the price, you can't go wrong.

Will install that when I have time.

lancer3
Sweet on this forum

Postby lancer3 » May 27th, 2024, 10:58 am

Check out DSPs from Helix, AudioControl, or JL Audio. Make sure your head unit has preamp outputs to connect to the DSP.

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » May 28th, 2024, 9:01 am

lancer3 wrote:Check out DSPs from Helix, AudioControl, or JL Audio. Make sure your head unit has preamp outputs to connect to the DSP.

Them thing real pricey.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 29th, 2024, 8:25 am

jackal wrote:I put an Expert Connect in one of my vehicles (CRV), using the head unit that the vehicle came with. That worked really well. It has 8 output channels with 15bands of EQ adjustment each.

I end up buying an Expert air, 8 channels with 28band of EQ adjustment each, to pair with a Pioneer AVH 480. Plan on using that on the mids and high and use the head unit to drive the bass.

What allyuh think?

and them real cheap online, under a grand each. For the price, you can't go wrong.

That’s more than enough to cover the basics. Run your bass amp off the DSP too, might as well make use of it fully.

I used an audio control DSP and all kinda stuff to basically get rca outputs for my amp from the factory head unit. Talk bout overkill

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » June 2nd, 2024, 11:41 am

nick639v2 wrote:
jackal wrote:I put an Expert Connect in one of my vehicles (CRV), using the head unit that the vehicle came with. That worked really well. It has 8 output channels with 15bands of EQ adjustment each.

What allyuh think?

That’s more than enough to cover the basics. Run your bass amp off the DSP too, might as well make use of it fully.

I used an audio control DSP and all kinda stuff to basically get rca outputs for my amp from the factory head unit. Talk bout overkill

Audio control is top of the line DSP

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 2nd, 2024, 12:10 pm

jackal wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

What allyuh think?

Audio control is top of the line DSP

You would think that but the software is a nightmare to use on anything but a pc.

deltagulf
Ricer

Postby deltagulf » June 12th, 2024, 8:22 am

What allyuh think?

Sounds like a solid plan! The Expert Connect and Expert Air seem like great choices for upgrading your car's audio system. The 28-band EQ adjustment on the Expert Air will give you a lot of flexibility to fine-tune your sound. Using the head unit to drive the bass and the Expert Air for the mids and highs is a good approach. And yeah, the prices are hard to beat! Looking forward to hearing how the install goes and how the system sounds once it's all set up.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”