Forums

HOW TO INSTALL HEADUNIT IN C32 LAUREL

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

HOW TO INSTALL HEADUNIT IN C32 LAUREL

Postby rmrunner » September 24th, 2009, 8:56 am

i cant seem to find anything to bolt the deck onto.....the deck before had bolts at the front...but the new model deck require it to be bolted on the inside on a rectangular metal......Can sum1 share sum advice on wat i can do to allow this deck to bolt up properly??

Thanks

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 24th, 2009, 11:41 am

you get a hollow rectangular frame thingy with the deck?

something like this:

slide that into the dash space & open out the grooves to lock it in place, slide the deck into that & organise.

by chance, is this the car that the head unit is goin into:

:P :P :P jk

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » September 24th, 2009, 12:20 pm

yeh that the vehicle and block....but i doh hav any ting inside to lock that block on.....thats y am asking wat can i do??? do i hav to make a housin and put it on car body??

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 24th, 2009, 2:14 pm

well im no profesional but i'd make some sort of housing.

i'd cut up sme scrap mdf or something like that, make a housing, slide the block into it, screw it down & slide the head unit into it. the housing might have to have a small clearance of a millimere or so on the inside, is better it be bigger so some spacers can be put into the sides to secure the block.
I dont know if anyone may be able to recommend something other than mdf in here but the thickness of the material used will depend on the clearance you have bewteen the housing & dashboard.
I saw raidb imported something to fit a mazda 6 to replace the stock dashboard face so an aftermarket headunit could be installed. I dont know if any from another car might be able to fit yours or if there are ones available for yours.
http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/vie ... &&start=80

what headunit is it btw?

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » September 24th, 2009, 2:38 pm

slacker jack i dont think u should be givin out advice...

rm runer what u can do is look at the sides of the old deck and u will see 3 screws holding the old deck onto the bracket .. now what u do is unscrew the old deck and look at the replacement deck's side u will see some mounting holes u just use back the original screws and voila the old bracket screws up onto the new one
then it will screw up onto the new place as the original ..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 24th, 2009, 2:50 pm

^^^

errr...ok thennn.

he didnt say if its the original head unit he took out, i dont know if he had a double din, a single din or the original deck in there, he said that the old deck was secured with screws at the front, there is no mention of screws on the side, I cant dream that there were any.
all I know is that he said there was an old head unit, there is a new one & it requires the use of the bracket (or that he wants to use the bracket). I just giving advice based on the information he provided on the forum. :|
Last edited by nervewrecker on September 24th, 2009, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » September 24th, 2009, 2:52 pm

no need to fly off hoss.. so why didnt u ask all those questions b4 u responded

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » September 24th, 2009, 4:21 pm

kk it has no screws on the side and it is the original deck......i will take a pic as soon as so you will see wat im talking bout..........

ryan1017
Riding on 13's

Re: HOW TO INSTALL HEADUNIT IN C32 LAUREL

Postby ryan1017 » March 14th, 2021, 10:39 am

did you get through replacing the deck in c32 laurel, I have one, and want to replace it as well, so wanna know how you did it

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”