Forums

Car audio advice thread

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Car audio advice thread

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 3rd, 2022, 9:06 am

Rovin wrote:^^^yes man u well know , it was either d RIK brand or 1 of of their family members who had a branch there

well said

i fully support this effort too, in spite of how typical local car audio culture is, there are some conservative ppl who prefer IN car listening than typical out of car hearing [not dissing anybody preferences] & they wud gladly like to come see\listen to fellow enthusiast, some may feel ahow that they dont have any fancy expensive equipment or feel others will move snobbish & look down at ppl but they wud be surprise its acool scene & what low cost well installed\tuned systems can do

i wish d hrs were longer since time flies at these events talking & viewing\listening to ppls rides, yall gonna make me wake up early on a sunday morning but i will try my best to see how early i can make it ... 8-)

I will diss their preferences if you don't want to.

Loud music is pantyman ting. Real badman nuh need fi show off. Real bad man drive in are area and people just know him dere

(Had to talk like them to get the message across , my apologies)

EYEandEYE
Riding on 13's

Postby EYEandEYE » November 3rd, 2022, 11:30 am

So loud music = "pantyman ting"
This is a very shallow minded and disrespectful statement. And I'm very sure you're not sincere about you apologies.
Clearly you have a long way to go. I don't see "loud music men" coming in here doing bashing.
Thought "sq men" had better composure than that of "loud music" men.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 3rd, 2022, 11:42 am

There was always a rift between hard slam men and sound quality men. Hard slam men said sound quality men feel they better than them. But in the interest of advancing ones knowledge information was shared over the years and this partially contributed to this rift becoming less wide. Everyone was grateful for knowledge shared and it allowed them to build better systems.

Maturity seemed to weed out the nuisances but with an era of huge amounts of cash floating around and insecure males the car audio scene became a joke. Men designed hazards just to show "look what I do", proper sound went out the window in favor of old noise and sound systems became an extension of some people's ego.

I can understand where he coming from. Just this week I passed a car with a speaker box mounted on the door facing upwards towards the window. It had a pair of 6" or 8" protruding into the driver and passenger space as it was both sides. These men make things bad for everyone.

There are the responsible few with thier stuff that in it for the sport or recreation on a Sunday where there is the friendly clash. But the majority seems to be a heap of nuisances and hazards on the road.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 3rd, 2022, 1:15 pm

nervewrecker wrote:There was always a rift between hard slam men and sound quality men. Hard slam men said sound quality men feel they better than them. But in the interest of advancing ones knowledge information was shared over the years and this partially contributed to this rift becoming less wide. Everyone was grateful for knowledge shared and it allowed them to build better systems.

Maturity seemed to weed out the nuisances but with an era of huge amounts of cash floating around and insecure males the car audio scene became a joke. Men designed hazards just to show "look what I do", proper sound went out the window in favor of old noise and sound systems became an extension of some people's ego.

I can understand where he coming from. Just this week I passed a car with a speaker box mounted on the door facing upwards towards the window. It had a pair of 6" or 8" protruding into the driver and passenger space as it was both sides. These men make things bad for everyone.

There are the responsible few with thier stuff that in it for the sport or recreation on a Sunday where there is the friendly clash. But the majority seems to be a heap of nuisances and hazards on the road.
Rajes will Raj

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 3rd, 2022, 4:30 pm

What about us, the one that think they loud but not. And on top of that confused and using sq components to play loud and subs tuned low?

What I really mean to ask is who representing us cockroach knock/crix pan musicmen.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 3rd, 2022, 5:16 pm

rollingstock wrote:What about us, the one that think they loud but not. And on top of that confused and using sq components to play loud and subs tuned low?

What I really mean to ask is who representing us cockroach knock/crix pan musicmen.
This is where we elaborate on the raj.

When not full Raj you are Rajesh (raj-ish), ie slight raj. The raj blood and white oak flows in ones veins, the raj is in the DNA.

One has to understand the difference between the Rajesh and Rajeev (raj-if). It's one who not full Raj but unsure as to their raj status. They possess the raj DNA and white oak concentrations in the bloodstream but unsure as to where they stand.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 3rd, 2022, 7:12 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
rollingstock wrote:What about us, the one that think they loud but not. And on top of that confused and using sq components to play loud and subs tuned low?

This is where we elaborate on the raj.

When not full Raj you are Rajesh (raj-ish), ie slight raj. The raj blood and white oak flows in ones veins, the raj is in the DNA.

One has to understand the difference between the Rajesh and Rajeev (raj-if). It's one who not full Raj but unsure as to their raj status. They possess the raj DNA and white oak concentrations in the bloodstream but unsure as to where they stand.
I feel like this was put here for me

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 3rd, 2022, 7:22 pm

^ and me

Wonder where I stand in the Raj scheme of things

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 3rd, 2022, 8:46 pm

This Raj thing confusing.

I go stick to playing skeng protocol and drinking henny

Call me quamie

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 3rd, 2022, 10:54 pm

I thought my inner raj migrated years ago to penal
But he has returned.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 4th, 2022, 10:43 am

well lets call it 3 levels of RAJ

yall cud full een d blanks

no.3 cud be : u dunno u is a raj but u is ..... :lol:

for daily use once u using pro audio speakers dat bussing ears & u have mids box well i got news fuh u : u is a RAJ ....... :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 4th, 2022, 6:36 pm

My raj setup gone from the car eh dan.That was just for Divali to hush the Jamaican up from over the road.
I still have it in the house though.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 4th, 2022, 7:31 pm

then u is a part time\temporary\when need be, kind of raj .... :poke:

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 7th, 2022, 3:28 pm

Wonder what kinda raj i is lol

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 7th, 2022, 3:29 pm

timelapse wrote:My raj setup gone from the car eh dan.That was just for Divali to hush the Jamaican up from over the road.
Yh lie

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 7th, 2022, 4:08 pm

Jeremy09 wrote:
timelapse wrote:My raj setup gone from the car eh dan.That was just for Divali to hush the Jamaican up from over the road.
Yh lie
Nah, had to take the pooches on an outing

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 8th, 2022, 11:13 am

Jeremy09 wrote:Wonder what kinda raj i is lol

must be a level 3 raj cause u eh put mids box pon yuh backseats nor on d hood as yet ...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 8th, 2022, 4:30 pm

Rovin wrote:then u is a part time\temporary\when need be, kind of raj .... :poke:
He raj-ish, aka Rajesh

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 9th, 2022, 8:14 am

EYEandEYE wrote:So loud music = "pantyman ting"
This is a very shallow minded and disrespectful statement. And I'm very sure you're not sincere about you apologies.
Clearly you have a long way to go. I don't see "loud music men" coming in here doing bashing.
Thought "sq men" had better composure than that of "loud music" men.

basically yeah

I aint talkin bout Predator etc and that level of loudness eh, Dais respectable. Those vehicles are a feat of acoustics and electrical engineering. Also they contain their craft to arenas and savannahs.

But you see Quamie and Rajesh with dey 2 12's driving up and down outside yuh house playing *insert current popular song* just to impress some smallie and odda man?.... yeah dais the pantyman ting I referring to.

It was meant to be disrespectful, but it isn't shallow minded. You have to realize that not everyone wants to hear shiet music when they are relaxing at home or by a beach/river.
Even people with bluetooth speakers on a hike are pantymen. Please understand the nuance.

It takes maturity to like your music loud but to understand that you should keep it contained within your own car/house.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 9th, 2022, 11:21 am

few days ago i had decided to come d SQ event then checked d date to only realise its on a SATURDAY when my store is open so cant make it ... :(

these things does always usually be on a sunday so next time i guess ...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 10th, 2022, 8:11 am

After attending that MK show, i can officially that car audio in car shows is proper gobar!!!!!!

1 in every 25 vehicles actually have a tonal bassline. Everybody else is one tone tuned over 60hz and people enjoying that nonsense.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 10th, 2022, 9:16 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:After attending that MK show, i can officially that car audio in car shows is proper gobar!!!!!!

1 in every 25 vehicles actually have a tonal bassline. Everybody else is one tone tuned over 60hz and people enjoying that nonsense.

I does hear better bassline from oem car systems tbh. Not to mention these men recycling music quality from cassette days then want to wring out da eqs preamp knob

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 10th, 2022, 10:56 am

i havent been to a carshow since 2016 ... shakes what did i say to u in pm, told ya doh waste ur $ building over to suit how any typical carshow environment does be, unless u like & accustomed to how that scene is well go for it but if u accustomed to how daily music should be even with a hard pong system then it doh make sense to compromise good equipment to suit carshow environment , bess u build ur thing for home use or if ur neighbors complain go in some private lands with some padnas who have gifts & play ur van ...

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 10th, 2022, 11:55 am

nick639v2 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:After attending that MK show, i can officially that car audio in car shows is proper gobar!!!!!!

I does hear better bassline from oem car systems tbh. Not to mention these men recycling music quality from cassette days then want to wring out da eqs preamp knob

so my pantyman theory is confirmed then.

All this info on the internet,
http://www.bcae1.com still in operation,
so much books in the library,
google literally at your fingertips,
Audio tech improved 10 fold,
Decks coming with a million features/controls,
Digital DSPs finally affordable,
Amps coming with all the controls you need.

But SPL men systems still sounding like cockroach beating up in a crix pan.

I'm shallow minded but SPL men out here never heard of midbass to give their systems more depth.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 10th, 2022, 3:58 pm

Panty Man theory never needed confirming.Is just men refuse to see it that way.
I have a distant cousin that into spl that was bragging about how good his car 'burps' and how sq is for people that can't afford a proper spl setup.I tell him price out a competition grade dsp and get back to me lol.
Mentally,I already wrote him off ..

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 10th, 2022, 6:29 pm

Another thing is, somebody needs to draw the line somewhere where subwoofer use is concerned for car audio. Plenty men resorting to dj subs in car audio.

Tbh, I was of the opinion that pro audio mids was the line not to cross, the subs is ah different thing. Might as well start judging dj music now. Idk how certain judges allowing that for competition now.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » November 10th, 2022, 6:49 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote: Even people with bluetooth speakers on a hike are pantymen. Please understand the nuance.

Haul your arse, LOL. I take my BT speaker whenever I go hashing / hiking because (1) I hate headphones (2) I'm quite likely to look one or both wireless earpods if it falls out in the bush. (3) I tired having the wired headphones getting caught up in branches and the like and ripping themselves up, and (4) headphones are more isolating than a pocket-sized BT speaker. I usually play it at a decent volume when I'm all alone though and turn it down when there are other hashers / hikers around. A BT speaker slightly bigger than the palm of my hand isn't going to get too loud anyway.

On that subject, the Tribit Stormbox Micro 2 BT speaker that I have sounds really, really good at low volumes. Much better than you'd expect a speaker that size and price to sound. IP67 rated too, so the occasional dunking during a river crossing isn't going to give it trouble. However, my Mifa Wildbox BT speaker, it does not float.

Review here: http://www.diysubwoofers.org/projects/o ... /SBMicro2/

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 10th, 2022, 7:09 pm

ruffneck_12 yuh posting a lil too salty dan , i see somebody in ole talk say dat too , ease up dey mamoo ... :|

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 10th, 2022, 7:11 pm

buh shakes how u cud draw ah line for using pro audio subs when everybody for over d past 20+yrs using pro audio mids in soundoff & we not even talking about mids box on hood but pro audio speakers generally being used inside vehicles

imo it really make good sense to use pro audio subs in that kinda noisy open air environment cause like u said nobody anymore really playing under 50hz, i heard from ppl that some vehicles who using dj subs hitting hard & sounding really loud

what about car audio subs being used in pro audio folded type horn enclosures over d past few yrs too

what about vehicles with mids box mounted inside of door windows facing out or vehicles with lambo doors & suicide doors, i never see ah lambo in soundoff yet nor cars that came with factory stock suicide doors too

throughout d yrs alot of stuff was just left to slide .... just for d record i not bashing anybody or their gallery system, i just mentioning stuff i have seen

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 11th, 2022, 9:24 am

Brian Steele wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote: Even people with bluetooth speakers on a hike are pantymen. Please understand the nuance.

Haul your arse, LOL. I take my BT speaker whenever I go hashing / hiking because (1) I hate headphones (2) I'm quite likely to look one or both wireless earpods if it falls out in the bush. (3) I tired having the wired headphones getting caught up in branches and the like and ripping themselves up, and (4) headphones are more isolating than a pocket-sized BT speaker. I usually play it at a decent volume when I'm all alone though and turn it down when there are other hashers / hikers around. A BT speaker slightly bigger than the palm of my hand isn't going to get too loud anyway.

On that subject, the Tribit Stormbox Micro 2 BT speaker that I have sounds really, really good at low volumes. Much better than you'd expect a speaker that size and price to sound. IP67 rated too, so the occasional dunking during a river crossing isn't going to give it trouble. However, my Mifa Wildbox BT speaker, it does not float.

Review here: http://www.diysubwoofers.org/projects/o ... /SBMicro2/

You're one of the considerate ones , again, nuance.
I dont recommend headphones when hiking either tbh, u need to be aware of ur surroundings.
But it does honestly have some people who overdo it, that's who i'm referring to.

Rovin wrote:ruffneck_12 yuh posting a lil too salty dan , i see somebody in ole talk say dat too , ease up dey mamoo ... :|

no, u have to give the homies some tough love every now and then.

Where were you when I does be telling men I love them in the same ole talk forum. We only see the negatives sometimes it seems.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”