Forums

Car audio advice thread

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Budget 6.5/ Now car audio advice thread

Postby Dave » November 20th, 2021, 4:28 pm

There is a pocket sold for those wishing to use a din receiver.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 20th, 2021, 4:34 pm

timelapse wrote:Which do you have? Single din space or double?

The pic i posted is the deck installed. It’s a double din type i assumed.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 20th, 2021, 4:51 pm

Oho.Wasnt a googled image lol.There are single din sized pockets sold and blanks as well.Better car audio shops usually stock these, or check tuner classifieds.I put a single din pocket in my car.Same situation as you.What wrong with the deck?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 20th, 2021, 4:55 pm

timelapse wrote:Oho.Wasnt a googled image lol.There are single din sized pockets sold and blanks as well.Better car audio shops usually stock these, or check tuner classifieds.I put a single din pocket in my car.Same situation as you.What wrong with the deck?

It was playing fine but only radio and audio cd and all my music on mp3 usb. Then last week the volume button apparently stuck at max volume so I was jus using dat as a cue to upgrade. Was trying to make it work with the mp3 player via radio but dat sucks.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 20th, 2021, 5:37 pm

eitech wrote:
timelapse wrote:Oho.Wasnt a googled image lol.There are single din sized pockets sold and blanks as well.Better car audio shops usually stock these, or check tuner classifieds.I put a single din pocket in my car.Same situation as you.What wrong with the deck?

It was playing fine but only radio and audio cd and all my music on mp3 usb. Then last week the volume button apparently stuck at max volume so I was jus using dat as a cue to upgrade. Was trying to make it work with the mp3 player via radio but dat sucks.
Change up for the Christmas

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 20th, 2021, 6:53 pm

kavaninho wrote:Be careful with the dash panel you remove over the radio. This usually becomes brittle in tiidas and break quite easily.
Yup. Mines broke. Hearing price of it can be up to 600..i leaving mine jusso

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2021, 7:24 pm

nissan made that top part rel chupid\flimsy , it easily breaks across in half but once u take that top off u can work ur way down

apparently plenty ppl still unaware of worldwide decks shortage especially dvd viewtopic.php?f=3&t=761600

btw in case anybody wants nissan stereo harness so u dont need to cut wires my store has , also u will need d antenna adapter, if u decide to go single din well i have universal pockets too ....

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 20th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Rovin wrote:nissan made that top part rel chupid\flimsy , it easily breaks across in half but once u take that top off u can work ur way down

apparently plenty ppl still unaware of worldwide decks shortage especially dvd https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vi ... 3&t=761600

btw in case anybody wants nissan stereo harness so u dont need to cut wires my store has , also u will need d antenna adapter, if u decide to go single din well i have universal pockets too ....

Hey rovin. Link me na. Looking for a pioneer mp3 cd deck to replace the one in the pic i posted, with the pocket too, and well harness. You do installs as well? Yuh cud pm me the info

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2021, 7:52 pm

with me being in my store i really cant get time to do install stuff , tiida is easy so u can DIY or can send u by a good installer, no its not d 1 mentioned in another thread here

i have couple single din decks & d other stuff mentioned in stock , if by chance u need speakers & oem plastic nissan door risers i have that too , call or whatsapp me 10am-5pm 337-6128 during tues-saturday as i dont open sundays & mondays ...

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 20th, 2021, 9:25 pm

Rovin wrote:with me being in my store i really cant get time to do install stuff , tiida is easy so u can DIY or can send u by a good installer, no its not d 1 mentioned in another thread here

i have couple single din decks & d other stuff mentioned in stock , if by chance u need speakers & oem plastic nissan door risers i have that too , call or whatsapp me 10am-5pm 337-6128 during tues-saturday as i dont open sundays & mondays ...

Ok kool tnx

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 20th, 2021, 10:32 pm

eitech, do it yourself. It is super easy. Just get the harness and antenna adapter as Rovin recommended (wires will match up with like colours). Get the universal pocket if you are not going back with a 2 din unit.
iirc tiida harnesses does not have the ground in them so you may need to just tie the wire from the radio plug to the vehicle chassis.
Look at a few youtube vids and you will be ok.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 20th, 2021, 10:35 pm

kavaninho wrote:eitech, do it yourself. It is super easy. Just get the harness and antenna adapter as Rovin recommended (wires will match up with like colours). Get the universal pocket if you are not going back with a 2 din unit.
iirc tiida harnesses does not have the ground in them so you may need to just tie the wire from the radio plug to the vehicle chassis.

Yea i will

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 21st, 2021, 5:37 am

eitech wrote:
kavaninho wrote:eitech, do it yourself. It is super easy. Just get the harness and antenna adapter as Rovin recommended (wires will match up with like colours). Get the universal pocket if you are not going back with a 2 din unit.

Yea i will
The universal pocket doesn't really mount flush. U may have to make your own screw points

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 21st, 2021, 9:06 am

Jeremy09 wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea i will
The universal pocket doesn't really mount flush. U may have to make your own screw points
They have some that vehicle specific

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 21st, 2021, 9:16 am

timelapse wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea i will
They have some that vehicle specific

I hoping so else i would go double at least for clean finish

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 21st, 2021, 11:15 am

I mentioned universal because I did it in the tiida already with seamless result. The brand used was xscorpion for the pocket kit.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 22nd, 2021, 8:32 pm

Either that or fling in an eq or voltmeter

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 24th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Anyone ever tried these?
Dayton Audio RS150P
Silver Flute W17RC38

I ready to buy, but was hoping to find something locally.

Brian Steele
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Brian Steele » November 24th, 2021, 6:23 pm

I've used the 4 ohm versions of those Silver Flute drivers. They are nice. I still have them in storage (I replaced them with Dayton RS 180P drivers a year or so ago).

I haven't used the RS150Ps, but generally I've found Dayton Audio drivers to be competent.

Note, if it's a 6.5" driver that you're looking for the RS180P is a better bet. It's basically the size of the Silver Flute W17RC38s.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 24th, 2021, 8:03 pm

zorced wrote:Anyone ever tried these?
Dayton Audio RS150P
Silver Flute W17RC38

I own two pairs of the 4 ohm silver flutes as well, I'm pretty pleased with them. Also have a pair of Dayton RS180's (Aluminum cone) which was uninstalled. Both worked/sounded fine. The dayton however has an oversized flange which I did not like.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 25th, 2021, 6:16 pm

So we on the topic of advice:
I bought a full system (equipment: amp, sub, coax, components etc) from a padna/installer.
Now we go wayyyyyyy back, since high school days.
He did my system for me back the earlies and i was never disappointed.
His work is on a high level of quality and i am comfortable with him handling the work then and now.

I had been out of the car audio scene for over 12years.
Decided to do a lil SQ system in my van.

So all the equipment had been acquired:
5ch amp matched to all speakers
6.5" coaxial
6.5" components
10" flat sub
I also have techflex, lugs, ferrules, etc, already purchased.

So he fell ill a few months ago.
I can sympathise with that....
He back out working, and have other men from deep south telling me i aint getting thru now, how i hadda wait.

So i called him....
He said the place not fit to take work, but said that he take a "squeeze in" job....

He say i hadda wait a month again, i have been waiting 3 months already.
1 month again is christmas week, i want my van to use, plus i have other appointments for other things in my van upcoming.and i dont want a situation where i getting a slot for something else and the van scrap out eleswhere.

So the question is:
Wait the month, because is my padna and going elsewhere makes me ungrateful and impatient?
Or
Fyah for that, NOT ENOUGH RMS PUMPING, and take it to someone else to install?
Or
Fyah for music and sell out everything. Everything BNIB

Whats y'all thoughts?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 25th, 2021, 7:22 pm

i suggest start to do d install yourself , its not rocket science & if u feel d need for self confidence watch some YT videos

start it in stages, 1 step at a time when u have free time :

install deck & run all rcas along with remote wire to where d amps going

install door speakers & run speaker wires to amp location , if u doing sound deadening to ur doors : do that 1st

run power wire from front to amps , do amp rack , wire up

final stage, adjust decks settings & start to tune ur amp ... if u need help with that check ur padna

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 25th, 2021, 7:39 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:So we on the topic of advice:
I bought a full system (equipment: amp, sub, coax, components etc) from a padna/installer.
His work is on a high level of quality and i am comfortable with him handling the work then and now.

6.5" coaxial
6.5" components
10" flat sub

He back out working, and have other men from deep south telling me i aint getting thru now, how i hadda wait.

So i called him....
He said the place not fit to take work, but said that he take a "squeeze in" job....

1 month again is christmas week, i want my van to use, plus i have other appointments for other things in my van upcoming.and i dont want a situation where i getting a slot for something else and the van scrap out eleswhere.

So the question is:
Wait the month, because is my padna and going elsewhere makes me ungrateful and impatient?
Or
Or

Whats y'all thoughts?
I is a dumbfvck and do my own installs.Learning new skills is always a good thing.I have found that some people here are very helpful with guidance.
Shout out to Rovin, Smash, BrianSteele and numerous old threads here.
My tools are basic.
If you looking for guidance step by step, gimme a holler

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 25th, 2021, 7:44 pm

6.5" coaxial
6.5" components
10" flat sub

So i called him....

So the question is:
Or
Or

Whats y'all thoughts?
Fyah bun he! I would advise you to do it yourself. It shouldn't be too hard and you can always come here if you have any questions regarding your installation. There are plenty helpful car audio people here that can answer your questions.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 25th, 2021, 7:57 pm

Rovin wrote:i suggest start to do d install yourself , its not rocket science & if u feel d need for self confidence watch some YT videos

install door speakers & run speaker wires to amp location , if u doing sound deadening to ur doors : do that 1st

final stage, adjust decks settings & start to tune ur amp ... if u need help with that check ur padna
TBH
It started off as a 12v accessory system
I figured, if i hadda bring a current wire in the cab, may as well put a size big enough to support an amp (in the future)

And i am perfectly capable of handling the majority of the install.

Pioneer NEX series deck is already installed.

I already drilled off the rivets on the doors
Installed stainless steel rivnuts
Sourced PVC risers/adapters from LSC
Installed NVX silicone baffles
Backed the risers with closed cell foam (for vibration)

I already made up a harness (soldered, heat shrink, tesatape) with speedwire and a Metra dash harness.
I know the best things is to run fresh wires, but i wont do that until the van is repainted, then i will do new wires from amp to speaker and full sound deadening.

I even have the speakers installed in the risers already.
I buy harness adapters for the doors, so i wont have to cut the OE speaker plug. Will cut and extend the adapter instead.
As for the front, i just need a location to mount the passive crossover.
Sail panels have been cut and modified to accept the new tweeters. Those are installed already.
RCAs have been labelled

My biggest hurdles are to build a rack under the seat to accept the current wire to a distribution block and wire the 12v system and amp.
2nd hurdle is that i no wood work skill....at all.
So i prefer not to waste time trying to do that
...i prefer pay for that service.
3rd is the box....i was looking at a design with a bottom slot port. Also looking at incorporating the amp behind the seat, near the box.
Back to previous point, i dont know much about box building/tuning etc.
Hence i opted to have someone experienced do it.

Finally, i just need the speakers check to make sure i wire the polarities correct and i think i go be good dey.

Was considering adding an epicentre, but thats neither here nor there ATM.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 25th, 2021, 7:58 pm

timelapse wrote:

6.5" coaxial
6.5" components
10" flat sub

So i called him....

So the question is:
Or
Or

Whats y'all thoughts?
I is a dumbfvck and do my own installs.Learning new skills is always a good thing.I have found that some people here are very helpful with guidance.
Shout out to Rovin, Smash, BrianSteele and numerous old threads here.
My tools are basic.
If you looking for guidance step by step, gimme a holler
I wont mind the guidance along the way if i doing DIY
Its much appreciated

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 25th, 2021, 7:59 pm

david12 wrote:

6.5" coaxial
6.5" components
10" flat sub

So i called him....

So the question is:
Or
Or

Whats y'all thoughts?
Fyah bun he! I would advise you to do it yourself. It shouldn't be too hard and you can always come here if you have any questions regarding your installation. There are plenty helpful car audio people here that can answer your questions.
Understood
Well.... project to be started soon
Will upate as i go along

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 25th, 2021, 8:46 pm

Thanks guys. I can deduce from this that the Daytons are a worthy upgrade even to the SF.
Growing used to my studio monitors I would like to get a balanced and detailed sound to enjoy my tunes.
Brian Steele wrote:I've used the 4 ohm versions of those Silver Flute drivers. They are nice. I still have them in storage (I replaced them with Dayton RS 180P drivers a year or so ago).

I haven't used the RS150Ps, but generally I've found Dayton Audio drivers to be competent.

Note, if it's a 6.5" driver that you're looking for the RS180P is a better bet. It's basically the size of the Silver Flute W17RC38s.
kavaninho wrote:
zorced wrote:Anyone ever tried these?
Dayton Audio RS150P
Silver Flute W17RC38

I own two pairs of the 4 ohm silver flutes as well, I'm pretty pleased with them. Also have a pair of Dayton RS180's (Aluminum cone) which was uninstalled. Both worked/sounded fine. The dayton however has an oversized flange which I did not like.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 25th, 2021, 9:08 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
Rovin wrote:i suggest start to do d install yourself , its not rocket science & if u feel d need for self confidence watch some YT videos

TBH
It started off as a 12v accessory system
I figured, if i hadda bring a current wire in the cab, may as well put a size big enough to support an amp (in the future)

And i am perfectly capable of handling the majority of the install.

Pioneer NEX series deck is already installed.

I already drilled off the rivets on the doors
Installed stainless steel rivnuts
Sourced PVC risers/adapters from LSC
Installed NVX silicone baffles
Backed the risers with closed cell foam (for vibration)

I already made up a harness (soldered, heat shrink, tesatape) with speedwire and a Metra dash harness.
I know the best things is to run fresh wires, but i wont do that until the van is repainted, then i will do new wires from amp to speaker and full sound deadening.

I even have the speakers installed in the risers already.
I buy harness adapters for the doors, so i wont have to cut the OE speaker plug. Will cut and extend the adapter instead.
As for the front, i just need a location to mount the passive crossover.
Sail panels have been cut and modified to accept the new tweeters. Those are installed already.
RCAs have been labelled

My biggest hurdles are to build a rack under the seat to accept the current wire to a distribution block and wire the 12v system and amp.
2nd hurdle is that i no wood work skill....at all.
So i prefer not to waste time trying to do that
...i prefer pay for that service.
3rd is the box....i was looking at a design with a bottom slot port. Also looking at incorporating the amp behind the seat, near the box.
Back to previous point, i dont know much about box building/tuning etc.
Hence i opted to have someone experienced do it.

Finally, i just need the speakers check to make sure i wire the polarities correct and i think i go be good dey.

Was considering adding an epicentre, but thats neither here nor there ATM.

You already did most of the install yourself.

What sub/s you using? I can probably mock up an enclosure for you. Power, and tuning you require? And the dimension of the space available for the enclosure.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 26th, 2021, 7:01 am

Take some pics Kronik,of where you planning to put the sub and amp.Some measurements would be great as well.Fiberglass not as hard as it seems if you want to go that route

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”