Car audio advice thread

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Budget 6.5/ Now car audio advice thread

Postby kavaninho » November 28th, 2021, 6:54 pm

rollingstock wrote:
timelapse wrote:On another note, any of you fellas ever used those underseat powered subs?Need some feedback.

Terrible honestly. But if it's just to add a little bottom end to a OEM system they get the job done

Agreed! Ill even add that some OEM 4/6 speaker systems will sound better without this addition.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 28th, 2021, 8:41 pm

kavaninho wrote:
timelapse wrote:You using your door baffles I hope.... Kronik.If you are, I would recommend putting them under the riser if you using risers
Kavaninho, where do you get the metal grill material to buy?I needing some of that for the longest while

The grill I used is the regular one that does DJ guys use in PA systems. I got mine at RIK Marabella but should be available at Steve's, Gopauls etc. It comes in a 4foot by 32inch sheet which you can cut. It is not the best solution as it sometime does not always blend with the OEM grille pattern on factory doors. So if you are paying attention to detail take that into consideration.
Mobile Solutions online has nice variety online to choose from but I never purchased as I think it is a bit too pricey.

If you can get your hands on 6.5" speaker grills from a install shop, these work great as well for pressing/using small pieces.
I want to use it in my trunk to cover the amp rack and put lights.Not into the plexi look

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 29th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Attemping something like this
14-23-26-164004047_470635274058658_9096039083591510794_n.jpg

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 29th, 2021, 3:28 pm

timelapse wrote:Attemping something like this
14-23-26-164004047_470635274058658_9096039083591510794_n.jpg

The regular PA grille should be fine. Maybe you can try pressing for the sub as well to match!

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 30th, 2021, 8:22 am

Fellas, yall ever experience this. I have a pair of arc audio x2 tweeters, fs is 1500hz i believe, i have them crossed at 3.1khz on my 80prs. Gain set to give them rated 40rms of power ran in stereo. I noticed the left tweeter, at 25% volume plays a bit scratchy and very soft. Then if the volume is raised to 50% or higher, it plays fine, clean, warm and loud. However, if i drop the volume back to 25% it continues playing fine. Its like the tweeter needs a warm up lol, but it only happens with the left. Any ideas?

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 30th, 2021, 9:34 am

Jeremy09 wrote:Fellas, yall ever experience this. I have a pair of arc audio x2 tweeters, fs is 1500hz i believe, i have them crossed at 3.1khz on my 80prs. Gain set to give them rated 40rms of power ran in stereo. I noticed the left tweeter, at 25% volume plays a bit scratchy and very soft. Then if the volume is raised to 50% or higher, it plays fine, clean, warm and loud. However, if i drop the volume back to 25% it continues playing fine. Its like the tweeter needs a warm up lol, but it only happens with the left. Any ideas?

This is symptoms of a poor electrical connection or cold solder. Are there passive xover components on the circuit?

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 30th, 2021, 9:40 am

I have had that issue before with a faulty capacitor.

Edit
Since I removed and replaced it I guess it could've been a cold solder
Last edited by david12 on November 30th, 2021, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 30th, 2021, 9:45 am

kavaninho wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:Fellas, yall ever experience this. I have a pair of arc audio x2 tweeters, fs is 1500hz i believe, i have them crossed at 3.1khz on my 80prs. Gain set to give them rated 40rms of power ran in stereo. I noticed the left tweeter, at 25% volume plays a bit scratchy and very soft. Then if the volume is raised to 50% or higher, it plays fine, clean, warm and loud. However, if i drop the volume back to 25% it continues playing fine. Its like the tweeter needs a warm up lol, but it only happens with the left. Any ideas?

This is symptoms of a poor electrical connection or cold solder. Are there passive xover components on the circuit?
Nope, its an active set up. Crossover set on the 80prs and ran off a jl jd 400.4 which is set to full pass. Amp is new, never repaired

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 30th, 2021, 10:29 am

Jeremy09 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:

Nope, its an active set up. Crossover set on the 80prs and ran off a jl jd 400.4 which is set to full pass. Amp is new, never repaired

Do some checks and testing. If you are comfortable and certain it is not wiring you installed, start swapping RCAs on your amp and radio to see if the problem carries over to the right tweeter.

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 30th, 2021, 11:43 am

kavaninho wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:

Do some checks and testing. If you are comfortable and certain it is not wiring you installed, start swapping RCAs on your amp and radio to see if the problem carries over to the right tweeter.
Ill start with the jacks and work my way to the tweeter. Strange everything brought new about 2 months now. I noticed that it happens when it feels like also, not constantly

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 30th, 2021, 11:59 am

Jeremy09 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:
kavaninho wrote:

Ill start with the jacks and work my way to the tweeter. Strange everything brought new about 2 months now. I noticed that it happens when it feels like also, not constantly
I had that problem recently.Was a cold solder on the tweeter itself.But I figured that out after I swapped speakers

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 30th, 2021, 12:03 pm

like jeremy needs ah jharay .... :poke:

jk eh ...... :lol:

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » November 30th, 2021, 3:36 pm

No joke. I feel i need a beating with a cookeyyay broom yes

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 1st, 2021, 8:20 am

I play up with that thing wholee day yesterday on and off..and whole morning and you know the thing working fine. But i know there is a problem, it just shows itself when it wants to

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2021, 9:22 am

Jeremy09 wrote:I play up with that thing wholee day yesterday on and off..and whole morning and you know the thing working fine. But i know there is a problem, it just shows itself when it wants to
Just to make you seem like a crazy person...

I know them feels

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 1st, 2021, 10:59 am

Real JL selling in the classifieds.I wonder what they upgraded to

Jeremy09
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jeremy09 » December 1st, 2021, 11:23 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
Jeremy09 wrote:I play up with that thing wholee day yesterday on and off..and whole morning and you know the thing working fine. But i know there is a problem, it just shows itself when it wants to
Just to make you seem like a crazy person...

I know them feels
I hope is nothing serious as its working fine sometimes

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 1st, 2021, 11:25 am

timelapse wrote:Real JL selling in the classifieds.I wonder what they upgraded to
Rockford Fosgate, the superior

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » December 1st, 2021, 3:41 pm

david12 wrote:
timelapse wrote:Real JL selling in the classifieds.I wonder what they upgraded to

ARC Audio, the gorgon.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 1st, 2021, 3:51 pm

kavaninho wrote:
david12 wrote:

ARC Audio, the gorgon.
Look name! Thinking about getting some stuff from them to try out soon.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2021, 5:03 pm

I actually thinking bout adding to the mix.
I have become so disheartened, i not even feeling to move forward again.

Feel to sell out, throw in some JL C1on the deck power and rock back.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 1st, 2021, 5:17 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:

Push through brotha.Worth it in the end

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 1st, 2021, 5:56 pm

kavaninho wrote:
david12 wrote:

ARC Audio, the gorgon.

i tort ds18 was d rel champion ...

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 1st, 2021, 6:01 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:

It may seem difficult but do it piece by piece and it will be worth it in the end. If you feel you not up for it now the C2s should be decent on head unit power. Very efficient set. It'll be better to keep them when you ready to put an amplifier on them and to not go through the hassle of selling them.

I would prefer for you to come back and report on the system's progression than to see a soldier selling out everything

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 2nd, 2021, 6:52 am

Rovin wrote:
kavaninho wrote:
david12 wrote:

ARC Audio, the gorgon.

i tort ds18 was d rel champion ...
Funky Pup off a Nippon American amp:God Level

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2021, 7:20 am

timelapse wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:

Push through brotha.Worth it in the end
I will see how it goes.
Weather rel playing up these days.

Will see if i can mount and assemble the mids.

Still trying to figure out a location for the passive crossover for the front doors.

Hadda find somwhere to mount the bass remote.

I WAS SUPPOSED to buy the wire from my installer, but since coasing on yuh day 1s is a real thing....i go buy some XS OFC.

Hadda make a mount for the breaker in the engine bay.

This go be phase 1.

Phase 2 will be amp rack and speaker box.
Gonna need some outside support on this.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2021, 7:21 am

david12 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:

It may seem difficult but do it piece by piece and it will be worth it in the end. If you feel you not up for it now the C2s should be decent on head unit power. Very efficient set. It'll be better to keep them when you ready to put an amplifier on them and to not go through the hassle of selling them.

I would prefer for you to come back and report on the system's progression than to see a soldier selling out everything
I hear yuh, and understand.

Lets hope things work in my favour and i can start this weekend

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 2nd, 2021, 4:20 pm

Where you putting the tweets Kronik?I put my passive crossovers in the dash itself.I know the c2 crossovers hefty, so I hear you

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2021, 7:27 pm

timelapse wrote:Where you putting the tweets Kronik?I put my passive crossovers in the dash itself.I know the c2 crossovers hefty, so I hear you
I already cut the sail panel finisher and installed the flush mount cups

My dash dont have much space, so i think somewhere in the door is 1st option
20210727_162206.jpg

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 2nd, 2021, 8:21 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
timelapse wrote:Where you putting the tweets Kronik?I put my passive crossovers in the dash itself.I know the c2 crossovers hefty, so I hear you
I already cut the sail panel finisher and installed the flush mount cups

My dash dont have much space, so i think somewhere in the door is 1st option
20210727_162206.jpg
That look sweet boy Kronik!

Where you mounting the amp?

Usually I mount my passives by the amp if there is enough space. Of course this is relative to how far the amp is from my speaker wires. I would rather run 2 long wires than 4 when using passive xovers.

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”