TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

***The official early evo/GSR thread***

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

janfar
punchin NOS

Re: ***The official early evo/GSR thread***

Postby janfar » January 4th, 2011, 10:13 am

Mishi, I think you are right, Chariot was the Japanese name and RVR was the US name. But I dont think the turbo is smaller.

The number TD05H 16G6-7 is shown as the same on an Evo 3 although the PN is different from what i see on the internet... Does anyone know If i can swap the compressor housing?

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » January 4th, 2011, 11:07 am

^ like stick break in your ears, I told you to clock the compressor cover

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 4th, 2011, 11:09 am

lol... we post the same time... i didnt see your post before i submit mine... anw I have traverse across the country...

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » January 4th, 2011, 9:45 pm

jan...buss some pics to see how it moving on.........

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 4th, 2011, 11:27 pm

will post some tomorrow. Manageed to get the gearbox off and the flywheel. Got all seals, oils and filters courtesy W2J... plus some good and well needed advice. Tomorrow I will change the seals and and timing/ ba;ance shaft belts together with all pullies and install the clutch and gearbox back in place. Hopefully thurday engine should be installed and the exhaust modified and this TD05H 16G6-7 comes with a 3" flange as opposed to the original 2 1/2" (i think thats the original size).

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » January 5th, 2011, 8:27 am

janfar wrote:TD05H 16G6-7 comes with a 3" flange as opposed to the original 2 1/2" (i think thats the original size).

or you could just change the o2 housing.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 5th, 2011, 8:53 am

But I already have 3" turbo back. If I modify That would allow me to remove that one restriction although i know I would see an increase in boost creep.... would have to invest is a aftermarket waste gate in the future. All this will happen on my return home for the carnival.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » January 5th, 2011, 9:41 am

if you already have a 3" TBE you don't need to modify anything all you need is a a 3" Donut gasket which you should have pickup yesterday bro.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 5th, 2011, 3:54 pm

... i mean before i had the original evo 1 turbo with elbow and went back from their with 3 inches. The outlet from the turbo eas still 2 1/2. Now the new turbo outlet is 3inch so i will need to change the flange on my down pipe from 2 1/2 to 3 inch... I already have bout 3 of those donuts i had bough from you prob a year and a half ago.

Sadly fellahs at the time of change my camera was dead so t belt was not documented but i ended up doing it myself which was pretty easy after 5 hrs and intense internet searches... but I managed to do it with after having to set TDC again together with cams... Now the rotation turns nicely... now its clutch and GB install... hope fullly I will get pics of this.

Nik
Sweet on this forum

Postby Nik » January 6th, 2011, 2:15 am

like a man bringin back out d beast jus now... nice nice...

oh btw i have no ride right now... so ah lookin for sumtin... wanna come bak 2 d dark side :P

any suggestions???

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 6th, 2011, 10:29 am

If u coming to the dark side...

DO IT DARK!!!

Engine being installed today...; hope no hiccups...

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 10th, 2011, 10:08 am

Engine and gb installed... Starting the little stuff now which takes time... AND SOMEBODY TEEF ALL THE MOUTING BOLTS... furk.......

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » January 10th, 2011, 10:32 am

Theif you say? I get on gangster for when ppl screw up.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 10th, 2011, 1:22 pm

yeh... car was down for a year and i had scrapped the engine down completely and placed all the parts in bags and put in the car. Now I cant find the bag with the bolts for the mounts. I think i know who took them so i will hunt him down and bring him to justice.

So the old harness with just a little tweeking matched up perfectly. Now to get the car started.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 11th, 2011, 6:14 pm

so... after a long day... power run from Mayaro to Grande... cuts, bruises... sweat, tears and the loss of electricity i managed to get her started... sweet music... even if the down pipe was missing and part of the intercooler piping...

Now i need to pull down front bumper, and redo the pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler as I was unable to clock the turbo for the outlet to face up...

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » January 11th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Guys...AC dryer pressure switch gone through....ordered two from W2J (Japan) but does anyone know where I could get it locally ...4 pin switch goes on top of the dryer bottle...

Mishi help out a man here...also got a full set of door interiors Evo 3 at Seenaths in the bamboo...one set remaining.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm

whats the price on the door interiors???

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 15th, 2011, 8:34 am

Well... after all them cuts and bruises... destroying one my favorite jeans, a bump on the back of my head... all knuckles wrapped by a hammer i managed to get the car off the dummy jacks that it had been on for over a year and on the floor... Oh how i missed that stance she had on the stock 15's with 215 50 tyres... Started it but looks like i missed the crucial... pull back the exhaust 1.5 turns... and ended up with a miss... the 4.2 Fidanza is beautiful compared to the ACT extreme i had before... twas to late for me to pull back the timing and now I am back in pastaland... so I will have to wait till next 6 weeks to get her back in tip top form...

one thing i messed up on was... the axle... apparently Mitsubishi in all their greatness decided to make 2 different types of inner cv... a long one and a short one... the new GB i installed required the short one and i idiotically inserted the blasted long on and now i cant get it out... so looks like the gb will have to come down again and by the hook or the crook remove the cv from its lodging... tear flowed as i saw this mistake... bwehhh...

Will have to use my original gearbox back with this engine...

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 19th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I got evo 3 rear spats... now for the dauntingly ridiculous task of searching for evo 3 side skirts...

Though i saw a set on Ebay... here's the deal:

They want $180.00 USD (x 6.6 paypal) = 1188.00 TTD

Shipping from Malaysia to US (all they have) is $115.00 USD = 759.00 TTD

EZONE charges (based on 12lb weight + insurance) = 39US = 253.50 TTD

Sooo that is $2200.50TTD

+ 30% auto customs duty = 660.15 TTD

+ 15% VAT = 429.10

Basically I'd be paying $3289.75 for a pair of side skirts... that's just F%$#@ nuts!!!

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 19th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Yuh real harden bhai... ah see yuh post to soldave but like thing scarce like gold in Japan...

Get the specs and get someone to FG the thing for you... complete kit may only cost about 2500... and would be as durable as plastic...

If you get the chance check through the parts for sale forum and see who breaking any evo 3's... you may be lucky to catch one early and bargain for the kit before it goes cause those are usually the first to go...

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 19th, 2011, 7:59 pm

http://www.evo123.net/showthread.php?t=4521

lemme help with your search... man asking £350... garunteed this will be gone by tomorrow...

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 19th, 2011, 8:19 pm

I can't view the page cause I'm not full member.

But in any case 350 sterling most likely is for everything... I just want skirts.

seeing as it's england: :lol:

350.00 GBP = 3591.00 TTD (dunno if there's shipping charge)

EZONE= 508.00 TTD

Then wait for customs to rape?

No way.

That's the biggest killer for me right there else i'd probably have gotten my items already... but I just cannot justify paying so much landed for those things... I just can't.

Imagine the Advan RS wheels I so love is about 2400 USD... it's 24000.00 or more landed without tyres... And they say we have no money...

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 19th, 2011, 8:23 pm

janfar wrote:Yuh real harden bhai... ah see yuh post to soldave but like thing scarce like gold in Japan...

Get the specs and get someone to FG the thing for you... complete kit may only cost about 2500... and would be as durable as plastic...

If you get the chance check through the parts for sale forum and see who breaking any evo 3's... you may be lucky to catch one early and bargain for the kit before it goes cause those are usually the first to go...

Not lucky there at all mate... zerotohunderd had one but costs are crazy.

Like I said before I HATE FRP... although it looks like I may just have to do with ED's duraflex sides and done.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » January 19th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Or do like me and stick with what you have... terrifies the crap outta them RB/SR boys and STI's when a lancer go past them effortlessly...

Im fully paid so i will keep an eye out for you...

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 19th, 2011, 8:53 pm

cool thanks.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 19th, 2011, 8:53 pm

cool thanks.

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » January 21st, 2011, 10:34 pm

Mudboy wrote:Guys...AC dryer pressure switch gone through....ordered two from W2J (Japan) but does anyone know where I could get it locally ...4 pin switch goes on top of the dryer bottle...

Mishi help out a man here...also got a full set of door interiors Evo 3 at Seenaths in the bamboo...one set remaining.

Mudboy the same happened to me last week the gas was escaping from the PS, any way i went to General Appliance on the coffee san do bought a dryer/receiver 115ttd and a universal PS 28ttd this is two pin btw , you will have to configure back your relay for the high speed control for your fan since you could only use two signal wires (compressor and idle up)..... its easy to do you dont need the 4 pin ps if you rewire.....

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » January 23rd, 2011, 9:18 pm

TRDGUY wrote:
Mudboy wrote:Guys...AC dryer pressure switch gone through....ordered two from W2J (Japan) but does anyone know where I could get it locally ...4 pin switch goes on top of the dryer bottle...

Mudboy the same happened to me last week the gas was escaping from the PS, any way i went to General Appliance on the coffee san do bought a dryer/receiver 115ttd and a universal PS 28ttd this is two pin btw , you will have to configure back your relay for the high speed control for your fan since you could only use two signal wires (compressor and idle up)..... its easy to do you dont need the 4 pin ps if you rewire.....

oh ships......now yuh tell meh....... :shock: :shock: :shock: simple solve to a big hot problem ...parts already flown in by W2J from Japan....one week

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » January 24th, 2011, 8:28 am

Original is alwayz best!...

mitsu4life
Sweet on this forum

Postby mitsu4life » January 27th, 2011, 9:30 am

MISHI, you put on the spats yet?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”