TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK. Pajero IO

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Lancer
Ricer

WTK. Pajero IO

Postby Lancer » June 29th, 2011, 3:04 pm

I am considering buying a 1999 Pajero IO...
I would like to know from anyone who has experience with these vehicles: are parts available,
would you consider them to be good vehicles, any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Re: WTK. Pajero IO

Postby AllTrac » June 30th, 2011, 3:40 pm

body parts hard to find, but there are alot of engine and mechanical parts and the same engine in FWD format is found in the lancer and the suspension parts is shared by the pajero, l200 and couple others. The engine once it has not been abused it strong and reliable. The IO really shines when it coes ot offroading as they come with the same 4x4 setup as the pajero's Super Select which can be used as an AWD for daily road use or go full on 4WD for offroading. The chassis is strong and like other true 4x4's it comes with body on chassis design for better articulation when offroading, its TOUGH, can take a jamming and can go where other more expensive and larger suvs and vans cant, trust me on this. When buying, look for idle issues as most is plagued with this. Look for water stains around the radiator as they crack often since its plastic top tank and could indicate that it has over heated. When the a/c is turned on the ac fan must come one at once, if its coming on and off its an indication of a failing fan switch.
Listen for tappet noises and look for blue smoke when reving as its an indication of worn rings. MAKE SURE the 4wd can be engaged and it should be indicated on the dash. The super select has alot of sensors if the 4wd dash lights are blinking or not on when in 4wd mode then its an indication of a failing sensor or torn vac hose which means the super select has be abused or not even used or never engaged. The super select is expensive to fix and hard to source parts. Also the 4wd should not take much effort to engage, if you find that you have to really jam it in or grind it in then, a problem exist.
Look for rust and do the regular checks when buying a used car. If you get on in good condition it would last long and be very reliable, just dont expect it to ride like a car as with all short wheel base 4x4's the suspension is a little rough, and it feeds back into the cabin but thats the trade off you pay to be able to pull of the road at will, engage 4hlc and take the path less traveled :twisted:

Lancer
Ricer

Postby Lancer » June 30th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Thanks for the information AllTrac, it is greatly appreciated...

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » July 5th, 2011, 7:56 pm

good info

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » August 27th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Good write up....come and check one with meh nah!
Please.

Keagzt
Riding on 13's

Postby Keagzt » November 14th, 2021, 6:55 am

Not sure know if this thread still active but does anyone know where I can get an air flow sensor for my Pajero IO? The code is saying 011, looked around but not finding the same code or can I use a different/substitute code for it to work?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 14th, 2021, 7:17 am

Usually the part number is on the body. Can you see it?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”