TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Clarification needed on evo x acd/ayc reservoir level

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

viper1
Street 2NR

Clarification needed on evo x acd/ayc reservoir level

Postby viper1 » September 6th, 2022, 11:03 am

Hi all took my car in to have the turbo oil feed/drain line gaskets replaced as it developed a minor leak. This is where it gets interesting and would like some clarification on the matter.
According the 'mechanic' he had to remove one of the acd line for more space to replace these gaskets. Correct me if I am wrong but there isn't any acd/ayc line close to that area. So after everything was done he did a bleed and needed some extra fluid(sp3) to top up the reservoir. He wanted 2 qts which got me worried and when i got there it barely took any to get back in between the min and max line. Was also having some minor body work done so left it.

Upon final pickup when I checked the level the following morning the level sat about half inch to one inch below the min threshold so thinking it just needed a top up i did so. This is one of the more reputable shops but haven't been to them in years and quality has severely dropped as the mechanic couldn't even properly describe that he need replacement gasket (downpipe to cat) for removing the downpipe but was describing the area where the gasket was located as the manifold to turbo gasket. Not until i sent him a pic of all the gaskets he got it right(at this point I should've just told em to put everything back together and taken it somewhere else but I know they are or were in this case one of the best)

So after everything was done he bled the acd/ayc system correct me if I am wrong...didn't need to be done as there are no lines of that nature located there?
If it didn't need to be done what effect would this have on the acd/ayc system? As i drove the car that day for approximately 20 mins i put it in park with engine still on and checked the level was at below min threshold(about a 1/4"). After switch off about 3 mins later it rose directly to the max line and the following morning the level stood at just above min threshold. Never had this kind of fluctuation before...it would stay in between max and min with minor fluctuation.

Drove it again and the same fluctuation occurred

TL;DR

Is there a acd/ayc line anywhere near the turbo/ oil feed/drain lines? I'm just asking as i've done this already and never seen or had to remove this hydraulic line in that area.
What effect would there be on acd/ayc reservoir level if a bleed is performed but not needed to be done?
Are these big fluctuations normal? been reading thru some threads and seeing mixed verdicts on this.
Does this indicate air in the system?
'Management' said this is normal...and there is nothing they can do about it as it's not a problem. If I hadn't topped it up or bothered to check could this have led to some sort of failure eventually? Would just like to get my facts straight before I proceed any further.

Also some pics attached of their the paint work done...mind you this was just to this area the left front bumper to be repainted due to a 3-4 inch long scratch. Overspray...damage to fog light housing(seems like a paint remover was used)….not even refitted on properly/damage to mesh. Also have pics of the initial color the back bumper was repainted and let's just to say it was nowhere close to evo red but wanted me to pick it up like that, they corrected it but the difference can still be seen(in pic 5 circled in blue is a preview of what the initial red color was used the upper right part of housing). will post on that after just want clarification on the acd/ayc for now as this is a big issue.
Attachments
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

matix
Shifting into 6th

Re: Clarification needed on evo x acd/ayc reservoir level

Postby matix » September 6th, 2022, 12:52 pm

Call name nah man

viper1
Street 2NR

Postby viper1 » September 6th, 2022, 1:56 pm

matix wrote:Call name nah man

In due time I just want to make sure I have my facts right about the mechanical issue.

viper1
Street 2NR

Postby viper1 » September 6th, 2022, 4:47 pm

Also exhaust manifold to turbo gasket blew out a day or 2 after I met with one of the 'managing directors'....car wasn't driven in between discovery of fluid fluctuation and that meeting and only for 3 or 4 days after initial pick up...so gotta replace that. Might just be coincidence though as I haven't seen anything in that area touched

viper1
Street 2NR

Postby viper1 » September 7th, 2022, 8:54 am

Bump... any info on if this is is normal behavior for that about if fluid level to fluctuation occur?

viper1
Street 2NR

Postby viper1 » September 8th, 2022, 10:47 am

Got clarification that there is no line near to these components that needed to be touched or removed for changing of turbo oil feed and drain line gaskets. There is only one leading to transfer case but no where close to it. Also concerning the level fluctuation once it's cooled and pressure bled off usually takes 90 minutes fluid level should settle in between the min and mac threshold. In this case since vehicle has been sitting for over 4 weeks now(waiting on turbo gasket bolt washers to arrive as these need to be changed each time exhaust manifold to turbo gasket is changed) fluid level remains at just barely above min threshold...

viper1
Street 2NR

Postby viper1 » September 16th, 2022, 3:00 pm

To my delight i got part of my under panel painted for free also. Did not realize the overspray reached or how the hell paint got there when they had fix their mistake. Discovered this Sunday as i was doing an oil change. will let the pics speak for themselves. Take note of the color red...nowhere close to evo red. Just thought i'd share a bit more of the work done by this shop as i know tuner is a United community when it comes to sharing our Automotive experiences.
Attachments
12.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
6-1.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”