TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Gh3 impreza bad fuel economy

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

CyrexZ3
Ricer

Gh3 impreza bad fuel economy

Postby CyrexZ3 » March 22nd, 2019, 8:35 am

Good day all I had recently posted a post on a problem I was having with my brakes but it all sorted now. But I wanted to post on another problem I'm having with my 2010 Subaru Impreza 1.5 awd gh3. The car has 120k on it but a year ago I had to decat the catalytic converter and run straight through the exhaust where the cat was because it was broken up inside and rattling inside. But after doing that my fuel economy fall drastically. I get like 17 mpg and I run it like this for a year, but I want to get it fix now. I don't know if it could be the o2 sensors reading wrong because not cat or they just bad. I don't want to replace them if they not bad. If anybody know anything please give advise

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Re: Gh3 impreza bad fuel economy

Postby Soundstream_626 » March 22nd, 2019, 1:58 pm

I did the same decat and didn't get any issues. I have had those 02 sensors eventually go bad and from what I read, they usually fail in a lean condition. You would see a check engine light if they were drastically off. Have you ever cleaned your mass airflow sensor? usually your fuel trims are controlled by readings from the MAF and front o2, the rear o2 is used to determine cat efficiency.

Hoping someone else chimes in and correct me if wrong but that's what I remember.

CyrexZ3
Ricer

Postby CyrexZ3 » March 22nd, 2019, 5:19 pm

No I have not cleaned the maf sensor I would have to clean it then.

CyrexZ3
Ricer

Postby CyrexZ3 » March 25th, 2019, 11:49 am

i clean the MAF i still have to test the gas consumption, but i notice when i accelerating (foot at half throttle and holding) to build speed the fuel economy measuring gauge on the top middle of the dashboard does be low like 5 km per liter on till get up the speed like 80 km it does hold on 12 km per liter and higher. I does do a lot of city driving not a lot of highway so i always stopping and going so it always at 5 km per liter. I guess that is normal fuel economy for this car :?

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”