2010 Mazda 3 factory alarm keeps going off

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dbhertz
Riding on 13's

2010 Mazda 3 factory alarm keeps going off

Postby dbhertz » September 1st, 2021, 9:15 pm

Hi,
My 2010 Mazda 3 alarm (factory) keep going off randomly once I lock the car. I changed the car battery, the key FOB battery but this did not help.
The door open warning light used to flash on the dashboard even when all doors were closed. An electrician checked and addressed the issue as the warning light no longer appears on the dashboard once all doors are closed but the alarm still goes off randomly.
Can anyone direct me to someone who can troubleshoot and address this issue (either disable the alarm or fix the issue) as I currently cannot lock my vehicle without the alarm going off.

Thanks very much for any assistance provided.

dbhertz
Riding on 13's

Re: 2010 Mazda 3 factory alarm keeps going off

Postby dbhertz » October 10th, 2021, 3:22 pm

Anyone know of a place that have a very good auto Diagnostic Scan Tool that can identify which sensor (doors, hood, trunk, etc.) is causing the alarm to trip off or which sensor caused the last alarm to go off?

Apparently the 2010 Mazda 3 factory alarm sensors/switches are built-in into the lock assembly so if the sensor/switch is bad, the entire lock assembly is required to be replaced.

Diagnostics tests performed at one place did not even detect the car has a Theft Deterrent (Alarm) system. At another, while the scan tool detected the Theft Deterrent system it could not determine the faulty sensor/switch or which door triggered the last set of alarms.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SupraChild
Street 2NR

Re: 2010 Mazda 3 factory alarm keeps going off

Postby SupraChild » August 8th, 2022, 3:19 pm

Hey, now singed onto Tuner after a while...noticed this post. I'm not sure if you got it fixed already...

Yes, this is a common fault with that model on one of the rear door locks. I'm assuming your technician disabled the push button for that specific door so the light won't come on/off, however I believe the lock needs to be replaced. Also occurs on Mazda 6 (same gen). I have both and fixed them that way.

You can order the part on ebay...unless you get it here from MazTune or other f/used parts place. Replacement is a bit of a task unless you're experienced with it...but should take you 30-45 mins depending on your skill level...(15 mins second time around ;))

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”