TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Project SWAP OVER is completed LOL!!!!!!

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Project SWAP OVER is completed LOL!!!!!!

Postby Mitsu power » May 19th, 2010, 4:31 pm

:shock: :lol: :cry: :D :mrgreen: I cried, cuss, laugh, got pissed off, nearly kissed a guy in joy (but didn’t LOL I’m not that kind of guy ) … but she was well worth it in the end putting a sss 1.6 m16a in my 1.5 zc21 SS is over…
First are the Thanks You‘s for your help and support..
Amir ( Ig Ignis IS ) tech and support , Wazeem ( orange ss) tech and support , Richard (Rado grey SSS) tech and support , Micheal ( red flap SSS) tech and support , Abna ( the wreck SSS) parts , Chad ( Suzuki Sales @LM with SSS) support … and Dave Mechanic Shop help in the main swap & the biggest shout out to Karl Edwards (DSP Analyzer Services Ltd In Arima Industrial estate ) Electrical and tech …
Okay guys where do you want me to start?
Disclaimer
The information given here are of a Hong Kong model s swift 06 + and a Hong Kong model s sport 2006+ non ESP*. I am not responsible for any problems or mishaps that you may encounter

Let’s start at what you need to do this swap over
The pictures are in the same order
1) 1 Engine complete ( which will have the et m16a from a SSS
2) 2 Engine harness complete ( which should be attached to the engine )
3) 3 E –pedal
4) 4 Instrument cluster
5) 5 ABS Module from SSS
6) 6 Dash board harness complete
7) 7 The Key for that engine
8) 8 The Radio* antenna
9) 9 Main body harness complete
10) 10 Work shop manuals for both cars
11) 11 SSS ecu

If you don’t have any of these items your swap will not work properly period, your next option is a Fab. Manual throttle body and use a greddy Emanage with the 1.5 ecu or Stand alone management ( this is where i say the 1.5 engine is more valuable than the 1.6 out of the SSS

I know that some of you are? The Hong Kong models in the disclaimer but yes its true we do have the Hong Kong model of the swift & swift sport... How I came to that conclusion well in the Shop manuals they say if you have the blue wire in your main harness loom you’re a Hong Kong model and both loom had that blue wire … lets go to a little more detail .

Why do I need all these parts? One answer “CAN Communication ” Controller Area Network both cars have it but unfortunately the sss is more advance. The ECM (11) as they call it talk to abs module (5) also the Instrument cluster (4). any break on this line and the ecu goes into safe mode no rev past 6000 and the world of warning lights … so we got to put in the abs module ( which is which also gives you your speed and the IC which will let you know whats going on , eg water temp , speed , tach etc.. for the wiring check Carl lol .. ..
Now you got the e-throttle to contend with, this is where your main body harness comes into play (9) in the center of that nice harness that you will like to cut in order to save you the time to take it out.. Is the e-throttle loom in a green casing that you will need as it connects your ecm to the E- pedal (3).. Oh don’t stop there you need your fuse box from the SSS main harness as you need to power up the throttle by putting in a relay and fuse shown below in your fues box

Okay we are finish there NO… you got Mr immobilizer that’s what the key and radio * antenna is for … (7 & 8) to deal with . boy im tired now… like you I was but I press on the Immob. system uses the ecm running on cans to cummunicate with the immob antenna , unit and key which is the transponder in order to work .. if you don’t get it its not working unless you go to LM and ask them to reprogram the ecM for you ….. now we are done and you can start your car with no lights but you will soon encounter another problem lets see if anyone can pick it up a hint it wit the ABS system…
Some say if you have all that stuff why you did just replaced your harness with what you got… To do that you will have to take down all the dash board and interior as the sport BCM (shown) is wired different to the swift.. and figure out what goes where you will have to get almost the complete harness system for the car … lol Oh I didn’t tell you of the BCM ( body connection module ) its where all the circuits in the swift sport &SS come together …

Reminders .. the ss gearbox connect to the m16a engine .. unless you have the axels cups and hubs for the SSS gearbox don’t waste your time . If you plan on doing this automatic then the you will need the TCM modules (tranny control module ) and shifter from the sss .. if the SSS you got has esp* then you will need the esp switch & yaw, g controller … to know if a SSS have ESP* ( electronic stability control ) the abs module motor will face the passenger side of the car if it doesn’t the motor will face the front of the car. In this whole excersise Carl only used a cutter , soldering iron 2 times and im not kidding .. all the wires that you need are clipped in .. Its just unclip pull out and clip back in …
The secrets I will keep unless you ask me nicely ….lol!!!

This is what the main ecm connector look like when you are starting to pull the pins out

rado
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Project SWAP OVER is completed LOL!!!!!!

Postby rado » May 21st, 2010, 4:58 pm

Admins.... please consider making this a "sticky"

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » May 22nd, 2010, 8:54 pm

Great thread...not to mention that my mechanic is the genius behind it. Will stickify...

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » November 24th, 2010, 10:50 pm

not a zuki man

but nice stuff

take a congrats-well-done from the tri-diamond side

enjoy your ride

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 14th, 2011, 12:28 am

wow amazing stuff!!

Dredrat
Riding on 13's

Postby Dredrat » June 1st, 2011, 8:21 am

Who's your mechanic? I'm looking to convert my Samurai manual to an automatic and been advised the best thing to use is a 1.6 Vitara engine and transmittion. Currently looking for used eng/trans to buy but will need help especially with wiring up the brainbox etc.. so would love to talk to your mechanic.

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » June 11th, 2011, 6:21 pm

nice conversion and wealth of info here!

spiked_up
Riding on 13's

Postby spiked_up » April 4th, 2013, 6:48 pm

i am looking for an a/c compressor for the 1.6 Grand vitara 2007 model with the M16A engine

can anyone help?

pups
Street 2NR

Postby pups » May 26th, 2013, 10:50 pm

wher u got the ma16 engine bro?

Arrote
Riding on 13's

Postby Arrote » August 28th, 2016, 1:14 am

Mitsu power wrote::shock: :lol: :cry: :D :mrgreen: I cried, cuss, laugh, got pissed off, nearly kissed a guy in joy (but didn’t LOL I’m not that kind of guy ) … but she was well worth it in the end putting a sss 1.6 m16a in my 1.5 zc21 SS is over…
First are the Thanks You‘s for your help and support..
Amir ( Ig Ignis IS ) tech and support , Wazeem ( orange ss) tech and support , Richard (Rado grey SSS) tech and support , Micheal ( red flap SSS) tech and support , Abna ( the wreck SSS) parts , Chad ( Suzuki Sales @LM with SSS) support … and Dave Mechanic Shop help in the main swap & the biggest shout out to Karl Edwards (DSP Analyzer Services Ltd In Arima Industrial estate ) Electrical and tech …
Okay guys where do you want me to start?
Disclaimer
The phen375 information given here are of a Hong Kong model s swift 06 + and a Hong Kong model s sport 2006+ non ESP*. I am not responsible for any problems or mishaps that you may encounter

Let’s start at what you need to do this swap over
The pictures are in the same order
1) 1 Engine complete ( which will have the et m16a from a SSS
2) 2 Engine harness complete ( which should be attached to the engine )
3) 3 E –pedal
4) 4 Instrument cluster
5) 5 ABS Module from SSS
6) 6 Dash board harness complete
7) 7 The Key for that engine
8) 8 The Radio* antenna
9) 9 Main body harness complete
10) 10 Work shop manuals for both cars
11) 11 SSS ecu

well i think i have to say congratulations to you! you must be very happy. i am also planning to that on my stuff but i think i need a little more extra money so it can't cause any delay in doing such wonderful creation on my stuff.
Last edited by Arrote on November 2nd, 2016, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » August 28th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Arrote wrote:well i think i have to say congratulations to you! you must be very happy. i am also planning to that on my stuff but i think i need a little more extra money so it can't cause any delay in doing such wonderful creation on my stuff.

There are better ways to do this swap. Call me if youre interested. 7347669

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”