TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3687
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby aaron17 » November 29th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Bump

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3687
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby aaron17 » December 3rd, 2020, 6:58 am

Bump.

User avatar
telfer
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 486
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 6:16 pm

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby telfer » December 14th, 2020, 10:44 pm

aaron17 wrote:Bump.

Tuners....have a PCU Jetta 2012 #1 piston is shot .....looking for a rebuild kit for it ......but I’m getting a used engine to slap back in the guy who is selling it says it’s a EA211 and is the better engine of the one I have which should be EA111 can anyone shed some light on this please is it worth buying the EA211 engine or rebuild it

syncrod
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 256
Joined: September 27th, 2004, 8:38 pm
Location: Trinidad
Contact:

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby syncrod » March 14th, 2021, 8:18 am

telfer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Bump.

Tuners....have a PCU Jetta 2012 #1 piston is shot .....looking for a rebuild kit for it ......but I’m getting a used engine to slap back in the guy who is selling it says it’s a EA211 and is the better engine of the one I have which should be EA111 can anyone shed some light on this please is it worth buying the EA211 engine or rebuild it
ea211 I think is the single turbo version. I wouldn't try using that cuz you don't know what other parts you might need (ecu, cluster, keys. etc).

your engine is probably CAVD engine code.
recommend you get your mechanic to make sure is just a set of pistons you need and just get that.

you should be able to get the gaskets you need from massy.

I bought forged cp pistons from ebay a few years back.

you can check some part catalogs like 7zap.com and oemepc.com to get your piston part number. and then search ecstuning, ebay, amazon or even Google some sites that might be selling the piston set and purchase.

check massy for the prices first though just incase the prices came from the mountain

you should check out the ea111 and ea211 article on Wikipedia to get a better idea on what changes exist.

User avatar
telfer
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 486
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 6:16 pm

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby telfer » March 14th, 2021, 8:05 pm

syncrod wrote:
telfer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Bump.

Tuners....have a PCU Jetta 2012 #1 piston is shot .....looking for a rebuild kit for it ......but I’m getting a used engine to slap back in the guy who is selling it says it’s a EA211 and is the better engine of the one I have which should be EA111 can anyone shed some light on this please is it worth buying the EA211 engine or rebuild it
ea211 I think is the single turbo version. I wouldn't try using that cuz you don't know what other parts you might need (ecu, cluster, keys. etc).

your engine is probably CAVD engine code.
recommend you get your mechanic to make sure is just a set of pistons you need and just get that.

you should be able to get the gaskets you need from massy.

I bought forged cp pistons from ebay a few years back.

you can check some part catalogs like 7zap.com and oemepc.com to get your piston part number. and then search ecstuning, ebay, amazon or even Google some sites that might be selling the piston set and purchase.

check massy for the prices first though just incase the prices came from the mountain

you should check out the ea111 and ea211 article on Wikipedia to get a better idea on what changes exist.

Bought the EA211 engine and installed it just had to swap around some parts like intake and so on but it’s straight bolt in and start up

syncrod
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 256
Joined: September 27th, 2004, 8:38 pm
Location: Trinidad
Contact:

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby syncrod » March 14th, 2021, 11:34 pm

telfer wrote:
syncrod wrote:
telfer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Bump.

Tuners....have a PCU Jetta 2012 #1 piston is shot .....looking for a rebuild kit for it ......but I’m getting a used engine to slap back in the guy who is selling it says it’s a EA211 and is the better engine of the one I have which should be EA111 can anyone shed some light on this please is it worth buying the EA211 engine or rebuild it
ea211 I think is the single turbo version. I wouldn't try using that cuz you don't know what other parts you might need (ecu, cluster, keys. etc).

your engine is probably CAVD engine code.
recommend you get your mechanic to make sure is just a set of pistons you need and just get that.

you should be able to get the gaskets you need from massy.

I bought forged cp pistons from ebay a few years back.

you can check some part catalogs like 7zap.com and oemepc.com to get your piston part number. and then search ecstuning, ebay, amazon or even Google some sites that might be selling the piston set and purchase.

check massy for the prices first though just incase the prices came from the mountain

you should check out the ea111 and ea211 article on Wikipedia to get a better idea on what changes exist.

Bought the EA211 engine and installed it just had to swap around some parts like intake and so on but it’s straight bolt in and start up
OK great, time to drop in a stage 2 tune then.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests