TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Problems with Euro vehicles and Solutions.

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mad
Sweet on this forum

Problems with Euro vehicles and Solutions.

Postby mad » July 27th, 2020, 7:23 am

Good day, I am starting this tread to give some info on some of the problems I encountered with Euro Vehicles and the Solutions to it. Hope this will give some helpful information for those who may encounter similar situations with their Euro Vehicles.

Car: Audi A4 B8.5

Problem:
Hard start from cold and sometimes cuts off when started. When engine warmed up the temperature gauge seems to fluctuate:

Solution:
Water pump needed changing.

Problem:
Knocking noise coming from head of engine only when engine is warm. Car runs perfect, and when started cold, there is no noise. Only when engine is warmed you hear the noise.

Solution:
Both camshaft adjuster valve needed changing.
I changed the camshaft bridge bracket and magnet one time.

Vehicle: BMW X6 E71

Problem:
Car starts perfectly, no issues, runs perfectly. When vehicle is given a hard/long run and is switched off, it will not start immediately. It will only start after engine cools off for about 15 mins or so.

Solution:
Starter Motor needed changing.
When I did some research, it apparently is a common issue for this stater motor.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Re: Problems with Euro vehicles and Solutions.

Postby mad » July 27th, 2020, 7:23 am

Please feel free to add to this tread.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 25th, 2020, 9:01 am

Can I post questions? Cause I don't have a solution to this.... its about the jetta door seals that rubs against the frame that cause noise when going over rough roads and thus sounds like a tin can. Silicone spray works for a tad bit but it is not full proof.

roger
Shifting into 6th

Postby roger » September 25th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Car: Skoda Octavia MK2

Problem: Key stuck in ignition barrel or ignition wouldn't turn.

Solution: Replace ignition barrel.

Problem: Transmission will get stuck in a drive gear (let's say 3rd gear as was my case)and will only reset to 1st gear when you switch off the vehicle for a while and restart.Then it will get to 3rd again and not shift up or down.

Solution: Replace valve body and usually clutches as well.

Problem: Hesitant cold start. Car will require perhaps depression of the accelerator pedal to get to normal cold start idle. Car will start fine once hot.

Solution: Pre-cat O2 sensor needs cleaning or replacing

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 30th, 2020, 7:11 pm

mad wrote:Good day, I am starting this tread to give some info on some of the problems I encountered with Euro Vehicles and the Solutions to it. Hope this will give some helpful information for those who may encounter similar situations with their Euro Vehicles.

Problem:
Hard start from cold and sometimes cuts off when started. When engine warmed up the temperature gauge seems to fluctuate:

Solution:

Problem:
Knocking noise coming from head of engine only when engine is warm. Car runs perfect, and when started cold, there is no noise. Only when engine is warmed you hear the noise.

Solution:

Problem:
Car starts perfectly, no issues, runs perfectly. When vehicle is given a hard/long run and is switched off, it will not start immediately. It will only start after engine cools off for about 15 mins or so.

Solution:
When I did some research, it apparently is a common issue for this stater motor.
About to change camshaft adjuster solenoid, valve and camshaft bridge on an A4 B8.....

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » November 10th, 2020, 7:21 am

Morpheus wrote:
mad wrote:Good day, I am starting this tread to give some info on some of the problems I encountered with Euro Vehicles and the Solutions to it. Hope this will give some helpful information for those who may encounter similar situations with their Euro Vehicles.

Problem:

Solution:

Problem:

Solution:

Problem:

Solution:
About to change camshaft adjuster solenoid, valve and camshaft bridge on an A4 B8.....

What were the symptoms you got that made you change it?

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » November 10th, 2020, 7:26 am

Vehicle: BMW X6 E71:

Problem: Grating noise coming from front end whilst turning left or right.

Solution: Changed the transfer case actuator.
This one was a little pricey. Got it online for about $1200 US as compared to the firm which they quoted me of $25000TT.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » November 10th, 2020, 7:34 am

To check all your part# for BMW vehicles use this website:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

For Audi and other brands, use this website:

https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”