TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CHEVY COLORADO

Daihatsu, Isuzu, Daewoo, Chevy, Holden etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

CHEVY COLORADO

Postby Richardmck » November 24th, 2016, 2:12 am

I am thinking about purchasing a Chevy Colorado 6 speed Manual pick up, are they any knows issues with these vehicles?

Hyperion
Riding on 17's

Re: CHEVY COLORADO

Postby Hyperion » December 16th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Surprised nobody answered yet, with the amount of Colorados I seeing on the road now

TechLing
Ricer

Postby TechLing » January 24th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Curious about this as well. Bump.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » March 9th, 2017, 4:57 am

Wow...so many on the road and not one owner on tuner

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 14th, 2017, 9:03 am

Its a good van
Last edited by agent007 on May 3rd, 2017, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » March 18th, 2017, 7:52 pm

I saw the 2017 at Lifestyles very nice the 4x4 auto is 265K with lots of features. How are the Colorado holding up? They have much more kit then the Hilux and Frontier.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 22nd, 2017, 12:08 am

Think the price is now $269k with cash back for most fully loaded version
Last edited by agent007 on May 3rd, 2017, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » March 22nd, 2017, 10:20 pm

How have these help up? Do they have any resale value?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 23rd, 2017, 1:03 am

It doing good
Last edited by agent007 on May 3rd, 2017, 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » April 23rd, 2017, 9:19 am

I don't know what kind of strategy these dealers using
Of course sales on a $300k Colorado would be slow. $265 is attractive tho
Like $350 for an Amarok??? When a fully loaded NP300 was $300 and Hilux was $340? Of course only a few ppl would take that risk. Even at $300 now it's still a difficult choice

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 22nd, 2018, 2:42 am

A Colorado is basically an Isuzu d max. Just like how a bt50 is just a Ford ranger. If is isuzu is a good van.parts expensive though

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » March 22nd, 2018, 10:32 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:A Colorado is basically an Isuzu d max. Just like how a bt50 is just a Ford ranger. If is isuzu is a good van.parts expensive though

Both Isuzu and Chevrolet are owned by General Motors. The previous model Colorado and Dmax had very similar body parts, but the key difference was the drive train. The Colorado's Duramax powerplant monsters the Dmax (old and current models). Also, the Colorado is a much more refined vehicle with lots more features and tech included. The Colorado also has a revamped suspension for a smoother ride and also less engine noise. That being said, you can get lots of Colorado parts online at a fraction of the price you would pay locally (just make sure you have the correct part number).

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 22nd, 2018, 10:36 am

Capleton wrote:
Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:A Colorado is basically an Isuzu d max. Just like how a bt50 is just a Ford ranger. If is isuzu is a good van.parts expensive though

Both Isuzu and Chevrolet are owned by General Motors. The previous model Colorado and Dmax had very similar body parts, but the key difference was the drive train. The Colorado's Duramax powerplant monsters the Dmax (old and current models). Also, the Colorado is a much more refined vehicle with lots more features and tech included. The Colorado also has a revamped suspension for a smoother ride and also less engine noise. That being said, you can get lots of Colorado parts online at a fraction of the price you would pay locally (just make sure you have the correct part number).
Partner, the Colorado and Dmax family of engines is exactly the same. The Colorado just tuned up a little. But parts wise, they're twins under the skin

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » March 22nd, 2018, 10:47 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:
Capleton wrote:

Partner, the Colorado and Dmax family of engines is exactly the same. The Colorado just tuned up a little. But parts wise, they're twins under the skin

If they are exactly the same...why is one 2.8L and the other 3.0L?...more than just a tune pal!

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 22nd, 2018, 12:28 pm

Sigh. Ok bro. Next time you pass southern sales pick up a brochure

Richardmck
Riding on 13's

Postby Richardmck » December 3rd, 2018, 5:29 pm

I have actually bought the new 2017 Chevy Colorado LTZ fully loaded, it made a year last month, and except for costly$ 6000 service at Lifestyle Motors, It works Perfect at 41,000 km, I also use Redline Diesel treatment which i notice improves my mileage and makes the engine more quieter. so i will encourage anyone to have a test drive from Mr Darrel Lewis and feel the difference with its amazing torque!

Trevon1991
Riding on 13's

Postby Trevon1991 » October 2nd, 2019, 3:19 pm

Richardmck wrote:I have actually bought the new 2017 Chevy Colorado LTZ fully loaded, it made a year last month, and except for costly$ 6000 service at Lifestyle Motors, It works Perfect at 41,000 km, I also use Redline Diesel treatment which i notice improves my mileage and makes the engine more quieter. so i will encourage anyone to have a test drive from Mr Darrel Lewis and feel the difference with its amazing torque!

How has the Colorado been up till now? ... Very interested in buying one.

Joef@ce
Riding on 13's

Postby Joef@ce » July 23rd, 2022, 8:08 am

Owned one from the showroom since 2016 and a few things to note:
1. Think it was an issue with my particular van whereby the ecu had to be replaced and can’t remember the exact issue I was having but it was still under warranty so I was given a complimentary vehicle to use for about two weeks.
2. The front suspension shock mount bushing/top strut bushing is rubbish. I got an upgrade kit and no issues since as it’s holding out pretty solid.
3. After about 50,000km if you don’t use fuel treatment you get a low fuel pressure code which puts the van in lame mode and a puff of smokes precedes lame mode when taking off from a standstill. I use diesel kleen which sorted the problem after just one bottle which was used within three tank fills but guessing any treatment may also help.
4. Recently I’ve been getting another error exhaust gas recirculating flow excessive detected so I started back on the fuel treatment and haven’t gotten the code since.
I have the fully loaded, 2.5, 6 speed manual, 4x4 and love the cruise control the most out of all the features. Decent van and even though Amsoil diesel isn’t dexos approved I find it works pretty good with no complaints. Last service I used a Motul brand that is dexos approved but not sure if it’s in my mind as I find the engine seems a bit noisier than with the amsoil so I’ll be switching back next service.
Service at Lifestyle isn’t the best but isn’t the worst either and I stopped servicing by them due to dishonesty about an engine wash. I still buy most of my parts from them but yes they can be found online cheaper but at least for me it’s about convenience and not necessarily costs.

eKeith
Street 2NR

Postby eKeith » July 23rd, 2022, 4:46 pm

Thank you

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 23rd, 2022, 5:27 pm

Joef@ce wrote:Owned one from the showroom since 2016 and a few things to note:
1. Think it was an issue with my particular van whereby the ecu had to be replaced and can’t remember the exact issue I was having but it was still under warranty so I was given a complimentary vehicle to use for about two weeks.
2. The front suspension shock mount bushing/top strut bushing is rubbish. I got an upgrade kit and no issues since as it’s holding out pretty solid.
3. After about 50,000km if you don’t use fuel treatment you get a low fuel pressure code which puts the van in lame mode and a puff of smokes precedes lame mode when taking off from a standstill. I use diesel kleen which sorted the problem after just one bottle which was used within three tank fills but guessing any treatment may also help.
4. Recently I’ve been getting another error exhaust gas recirculating flow excessive detected so I started back on the fuel treatment and haven’t gotten the code since.
I have the fully loaded, 2.5, 6 speed manual, 4x4 and love the cruise control the most out of all the features. Decent van and even though Amsoil diesel isn’t dexos approved I find it works pretty good with no complaints. Last service I used a Motul brand that is dexos approved but not sure if it’s in my mind as I find the engine seems a bit noisier than with the amsoil so I’ll be switching back next service.
Service at Lifestyle isn’t the best but isn’t the worst either and I stopped servicing by them due to dishonesty about an engine wash. I still buy most of my parts from them but yes they can be found online cheaper but at least for me it’s about convenience and not necessarily costs.

What’s the mileage?

Joef@ce
Riding on 13's

Postby Joef@ce » November 7th, 2022, 8:56 am

Now at 196,000km and my alternator pulley failed as the bearing seized up so got a replacement pulley at an auto shop in Vistabella.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 24th, 2023, 12:02 pm

Been reading that these are Discontinued?
Current Owners? Any issues?
AVailability of parts outside fo the firm?
Would you BUY ONE used Now?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2023, 1:03 pm

A company just serviced theirs and lifestyle had all the parts and surprisingly the prices were reasonable.

Sent from my Mi A3 using TriniTuner mobile app

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 27th, 2023, 12:49 pm

So no known reliability issues ?

Joef@ce
Riding on 13's

Postby Joef@ce » January 17th, 2024, 12:15 pm

As an owner I wouldn't recommend getting the Colorado unless you have the money to deal with the firm and still I would recommend the Hilux or Nissan as a lot of people out here have experience and parts for those as apposed to just a handful of people have experience with the Colorado and no parts outside of Lifestyle (except maybe service supplies which I get from Autorama). When it comes to parts online you need to be very careful as the model we have locally isn't the model offered in the US so the parts don't necessarily match up. For instance, I got a fuel filter out of the US and there was an extra plastic tab thingy that needed to be grinded off to fit my Colorado. I want to sell mine but the resale value isn't good so I'm two minded about selling. A simple job as changing the timing belt you need special tools to hold the cam and crank in a particular spot and also you need to know the proper procedure. So basically the headache of owning one outweighs the ease of getting something popular amoung mechanics and service shops. Just my two cents.

Advertisement

Return to “OTHER Manufacturers”