TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Cruze

Daihatsu, Isuzu, Daewoo, Chevy, Holden etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Re: New Cruze

Postby svramoutar » September 14th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Capleton wrote:Got a chance to test drive the new Cruze at the launch over the weekend. All i got to say is DAMN!!!!!! That 1.4L Turbo have some serious toes. 153bhp may not seem like much on paper, but the power delivery was excellent!!! Actually makes driving the car, fun and enjoyable!!! For a small engine/turbo you can actually feel when the boost hits and then the party starts!!! The interior was pretty nice and the Chevy MyLink is flawless for iPhone. Def not bad looking either!!!

The LTZ was priced at $229,950 and the LT at $209,950, with both coming with a $20,000 GM cash back. Which kinda puts this in the Elantra and Cerato territory, so the competition better take note.

Anyone else got a chance to get behind the wheel of one? What are your thoughts?

I test drove one day before and absolutely loved the way it handled, and this is coming from a 1.4 TSI Turbo Super Charged Jetta. I'm seriously thinking of getting one, looks like good value for money.

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby svramoutar » September 22nd, 2017, 5:30 pm

zando wrote:Hey, yea i bought one have it for almost a month now, an LTZ in the dark blue, i must say that colour grew on me, i really wanted a black or grey but they were sold out, amazingly the red was sold out also.

Exterior:-
So my favorite exterior feature is prob the headlights and fogs, both projectors, they light up the road really well, initially i was thinking about changing out the LED bulbs or an HID kit but when i saw how bright the lights were i decided I'd keep them stock, the trunk and doors all have a nice quality, solid feel when closing them, very VW-ish, break dust isn't as much as i thought it would have been, wheels are moderately easy to clean.

Interior:-
Absolutely love the interior, the leather seats are tremendously comfortable, got more than one comment on that from some friends, i like the quality feel of everything, from the chrome door handles to the piano black trim, only thing is they attract a lot of dust and finger prints, i have to remember not to feel up the dashboard too much, sound system is good, they keep saying it's 6 speakers but the sales guy told me they're getting them with 7, it's loud ( for me ) the highs and mids are good, the bass isn't bad for factory speakers, one of the better factory systems i heard.

It's very easy to see out of, visibility is good, reverse camera and sensors help a lot, the interior has a lot of lighting which is good, from the rear, to the front to even the sun visor mirrors.

Ac works really well, i think it can go as low as 14 degrees Celsius which is freezing to me.

The Drive:-
Ah yes, the part everyone loves, so like you said, that engine is a hell of a piece of work, the car is quick, it has more torque than the Jetta and Civic i think 177 ftlbs, i don't think it's as fast as the Civic, on par with the Jetta however, but the car can pull, when the boost kicks in it just goes and pulls and pulls, i hit 140 in a matter of seconds then i realize I'm speeding and have to slow down.

Gas Mileage:-
Right, so most of my driving is done on the east west corridor, Arima to Barataria is my work commute, currently on three days I've used about quarter tank of gas, thats Arima to Barataria and back for 3 days straight, started on a full tank, so all in the gas mileage is ok, I'm hoping it improves as the engine breaks in more, the manual says as the engine gains more mileage the economy will get better, so I'm waiting to see if it's true.

Brakes are the best I've used in any vehicle, compared to an Impreza, Focus and Mazda 6, they haul down really hard.

Suspension is very good, the car drives really smoothly and soaks up our bad roads really well, no rattles or noises, just a nice solid feel with good handling, I haven't noticed a difference with TC on or off in terms of it making a difference in handling, either that or I'm not pushing the car hard enough.

To sum it up, the car is pretty amazing for the price point, I really really don't see why anyone would want to go back to a normal 1.5 pr 1.6 after experiencing that turbo power, everyone else just seems slow in comparison.

Oh on a side note, the trunk has the turbo badge, to me a lot of people seems to want to race me now

Draq wrote:anybody bought the new 2017 cruze yet ? how is the drive going so far?

Nice car, very nice car, but it has less torque than the Jetta. Also, not as fast as Jetta on take off, Jetta has monster acceleration, lol, mainly due to the supercharger. I test drove it again today though, and it's a nice car for the money, definitely thinking about getting one. How is it so far, any issues?

theevilonereborn
Street 2NR

Postby theevilonereborn » November 20th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Bought my 2017 Cruze LT and have it for a week now... And I'm always amazed how quickly it moves and moves and moves and moves... Car works well and chevylink technology is the best infotainment system I've seen thus far... Elantra and Cerato owners, eat your heart out yes... Cause I know allyuh eating my exhaust fumes! Gas consumption not bad either once you not heavy on the paddle which is difficult to resist...

WEll DONE CHEVROLET! :fadein:

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby svramoutar » November 24th, 2017, 1:11 pm

theevilonereborn wrote:Bought my 2017 Cruze LT and have it for a week now... And I'm always amazed how quickly it moves and moves and moves and moves... Car works well and chevylink technology is the best infotainment system I've seen thus far... Elantra and Cerato owners, eat your heart out yes... Cause I know allyuh eating my exhaust fumes! Gas consumption not bad either once you not heavy on the paddle which is difficult to resist...

WEll DONE CHEVROLET! :fadein:

Nice, keep us posted if any issues arise please. Still contemplating if to get one or not.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2017, 1:53 pm

I am liking what I am reading. Thanks guys. So apart from key issue and wipers all else seems good to go!

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby svramoutar » November 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Dave wrote:I am liking what I am reading. Thanks guys. So apart from key issue and wipers all else seems good to go!

What key and wiper issues?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2017, 2:42 pm

What was mentioned earlier in this thread.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 24th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Dave, one thing I forgot to mention. The red LTZ in stock is taken :wink: just in case nah :lol:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 24th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Thanks lol. The one I am inquiring about is.

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby svramoutar » November 25th, 2017, 7:37 am

Dave wrote:What was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Ok, sorry, my bad, just saw it.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 25th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Went, saw, drove, got pro forma. A lot for that little car. The engine impressed me and for that to happen is a big deal. It has great frontal viewing just the rest glass lacks a lil. My zx has more rear glass view lol. Even though Korean made doesn't feel so. 17 inch wheels I was impressed with the steering feedback and the tyre size is an uh smaller than what I use daily. The body panels are pretty heavy too. Battery in back would suggest better battery life. Engine has room to work and could take a bigger turbo, yes I already watched that. The aftermarket already has a fair amount of support cause quite frankly I don't go to dealerships for much if anything. The test was nothing special IMO. Car felt sure of itself. Did what it should do. This week final decision will be made. Good buy quite honestly. Thanks for all the views stated here.

svramoutar
3NE 2NR for life

Postby svramoutar » November 29th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Dave wrote:Went, saw, drove, got pro forma. A lot for that little car. The engine impressed me and for that to happen is a big deal. It has great frontal viewing just the rest glass lacks a lil. My zx has more rear glass view lol. Even though Korean made doesn't feel so. 17 inch wheels I was impressed with the steering feedback and the tyre size is an uh smaller than what I use daily. The body panels are pretty heavy too. Battery in back would suggest better battery life. Engine has room to work and could take a bigger turbo, yes I already watched that. The aftermarket already has a fair amount of support cause quite frankly I don't go to dealerships for much if anything. The test was nothing special IMO. Car felt sure of itself. Did what it should do. This week final decision will be made. Good buy quite honestly. Thanks for all the views stated here.

Keep us posted please. Also, where can parts be bought locally other than the firm?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 29th, 2017, 10:25 pm

Don't know and quite frankly don't care. I stock pile consumables and for cast overkill maintenance given my current car and the parts not readily available. So far has always worked to date and will continue to do so.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm

Parts easy to find for Chevy especially the Cruze because its literally the RHD version of the one sold in North America. Use this link: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
It uses a lot parts/components from the European Opel Astra

Also, every single part I ever needed from LSM whether it was for a routine check or impromptu visit, 99% of the time they had it in stock. The only part I ever had to order for myself was the tappet cover gasket. Unless someone planning on crashing the car, these new and improved Cruze's won't call for parts after 5 years and I suspect people like Dave (I'm assuming) would have already gotten rid of the car so that would be for the next owner to deal with.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 1st, 2017, 2:45 pm

Lol assumed correctly. Not my headache. I always buy a car based on being able to get parts easily from places other than Trinidad. I just like to have an option.
Example. Dad had a local NZE141. Reversed into a truck with a low bumper he didn't see. Tail light lense cracked. TTTL whom he bought the car from a mere 5-6 yrs before didn't have any nor know when they were getting as none was on order.
More recently I was servicing my wife's Qashqai. Removed the throttle body to clean. The gasket is a rubber band style. Silicone cannot easily be used instead. Called my friendly Motorist. He described a situation where it was never listed on their data base. I was in shock. This vehicle was just over 4 yrs. My gasket wasn't no good but was a little stiff so I decided to change. Since this wasn't possible he was greased with some water proof grease and reused.
These are few situations that caused me to use local companies as absolute last resort.
Even my car sold by Diamond and all they stock is seals!!!

agent007
punchin NOS

New Cruze

Postby agent007 » December 1st, 2017, 9:33 pm

The owner of the biggest most respected auto repair garage up north told me that he personally hates dealing with DM to source parts and that the dealer he enjoys communicating with the most is LSM since as long as their is parts supply, the quicker he repairs vehicles and have them on their way. The trick with me was, every single time my Cruze went to the dealer I created a spread sheet with dates, costs and p/n’s. When the warranty was over and trust me I’ve had a few warranty concerns with LSM and they dealt with all of them no hassle! Once I had to escalate an issue to WR and he sorted everything out in a matter or hours. As I was saying about the warranty, as soon as it was over, I was able to import all my parts online using the Schematics from the GM parts site to match all p/n’s. Some items did not make any sense to order online like the cabin air filter for example as it was almost the same as buying it from LSM.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 1st, 2017, 9:41 pm

That's the next difference with me. Very few if any vehicles in the family ever went back. We drive but on the low side of things. My service history will only record stuff covered by the warranty. I am also not a manufacturer parts repair person. Manufacturers don't make parts, they make cars. So very few items I buy original.
Given what the boss mentioned to me today I should be experiencing this joy to own shortly lol. Thank you my friend.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 1st, 2017, 10:01 pm

Enjoy and all the best!

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 1st, 2017, 10:07 pm

Why dont u guys post some exterior and interior pics

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 1st, 2017, 10:19 pm

1512181128588.jpg
1512181116310.jpg
1512181078452.jpg
1512181062489.jpg
1512181040800.jpg
1512181019830.jpg

Those are all the sales guy sent to me.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 1st, 2017, 11:06 pm

Very nice....exterior totally different to.the previous model.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 2nd, 2017, 7:07 am

It is. It is quite attractive.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 2nd, 2017, 11:06 am

Seems less aggressive than previous model but nice and sleek still

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 2nd, 2017, 1:14 pm

^it just looks so in pics, but somehow in person it looks meaner

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 4th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Just heard the price of the LT Cruze has been reduced. That's right, reduced. It's now $199,950, with a $17,000 cash back, so you can get it for $182,950 presently. Same drive train as the LTZ, only difference is the sunroof, drl's, push to start ignition and leather interior. Not bad at all.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 4th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Most if not all Chevy's have a 17k cash back

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » December 4th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Dave wrote:Most if not all Chevy's have a 17k cash back

Only the Trax along with the Cruze has a $17,000 cash back. Here are the cash back offers on the Chevrolet vehicles:

-Spark - $12,000
-Sonic - $13,000
-Colorado - $21,000

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » January 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm

Update on the cash back offer on the cruze...it's now at $13,000

Cost of the LTZ model is $239,950.00 (as of Dec 31, 2017)

Redchevy
Riding on 13's

Postby Redchevy » January 13th, 2018, 6:01 pm

NEW CRUZE FACTS:

Parts at the dealership-:

Breaks front $1,900

Breaks back $$1,700

New transmission $120,000 after warranty expires
New engine $145,000 after warranty expires

Oil and filter change $1,500 @ 5000km

Oil and filter change after 10,000km - 170,000km $2,500-$4,500

So nice but pricey maintainance! I own 2 Chevrolets!

Redchevy
Riding on 13's

Postby Redchevy » January 13th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Chevrolet has to be the most expensive maintainance at the dealership while online the parts are dog cheap and all original!,,,,,

Advertisement

Return to “OTHER Manufacturers”