TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 68288 (+624) cases, 2040 (+31) deaths, 9606 active, 56642 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » November 27th, 2021, 5:14 pm

wtf wrote:*Breaking News*
NEW YORK DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY AHEAD OF POTENTIAL OMICRON SPIKE.

No cases of the newly identified variant have been detected in New York or the rest of the United States, for that matter.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has declared a state of emergency ahead of potential COVID-19 spikes this winter due to the already-circulating Delta and newly-identified Omicron variants of coronavirus.

The declaration, which goes into effect on Dec. 3, will allow the state to acquire pandemic-fighting supplies, increase hospital capacity and fight potential staffing shortages. It would also allow the state Health Department to limit non-essential and non-urgent procedures at hospitals.

"We continue to see warning signs of spikes this upcoming winter, and while the new Omicron variant has yet to be detected in New York State, it's coming," Hochul said.

The move comes hours after the governor said her office was closely monitoring the new variant, which was first sequenced in South Africa earlier this week.

The variant contains around 50 concerning mutations from the original SARS CoV-2 virus that appeared in China in 2019, including more than 10 to the spike protein that allows the virus to access human cells.

"The vaccine remains one of our greatest weapons in fighting the pandemic, and I encourage every New Yorker to get vaccinated, and get the booster if you're fully vaccinated," she said.
Once the US has it the world has it are we going to ban American passengers now

DMan7
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 68288 (+624) cases, 2040 (+31) deaths, 9606 active, 56642 recovered in T&T

Postby DMan7 » November 27th, 2021, 5:16 pm

And whose responsibility it was to have gotten vaccinated months ago when vaccines were widely available. Don't come with that dotish talk anymore of locking down and restrictions, that is going to hurt families who has breadwinners needing to pay bills and provide food. The unvaccinated needs to be locked down entirely from everything including essential businesses. They are the reason why we are in this mess and they should be the ones to feel the consequences of their actions not poor people who following the rules and trying to earn a living.
Last edited by DMan7 on November 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm

DMan7 wrote:And whose responsibility it was to have gotten vaccinated months ago when vaccines were widely available. Don't come with that dotish talk anymore of locking down and restrictions, that is going to hurt families who has breadwinners needing to pay bills and provide food. The vaccinated needs to be locked down entirely from everything including essential businesses. They are the reason why we are in this mess and they should be the ones to feel the consequences of their actions not poor people who following the rules and trying to earn a living.
You ever heard the saying , Peter will pay for Paul and Paul will pay for all....WAKE UP, life isn't fair,

Hear how you contradicting yourself, do you know how many poor unvaccinated breadwinners died from this virus , then don't speak about them cuz you don't care about them. They not important cuz they not vaccinated leaving behind children who depended on them but their lives weren't important cuz they weren't vaccinated
Last edited by hover11 on November 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » November 27th, 2021, 5:33 pm

hover11 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:And whose responsibility it was to have gotten vaccinated months ago when vaccines were widely available. Don't come with that dotish talk anymore of locking down and restrictions, that is going to hurt families who has breadwinners needing to pay bills and provide food. The vaccinated needs to be locked down entirely from everything including essential businesses. They are the reason why we are in this mess and they should be the ones to feel the consequences of their actions not poor people who following the rules and trying to earn a living.
You ever heard the saying , Peter will pay for Paul and Paul will pay for all....WAKE UP, life isn't fair
You mean life under the PNM isn't fair.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 27th, 2021, 5:37 pm

wtf wrote:
hover11 wrote:
You ever heard the saying , Peter will pay for Paul and Paul will pay for all....WAKE UP, life isn't fair
You mean life under the PNM isn't fair.
I stand corrected

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 68288 (+624) cases, 2040 (+31) deaths, 9606 active, 56642 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2021, 5:42 pm

drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO needs to sit down and redraw all the Public Health Guidelines from scratch. because they ent working

They aren’t working because Trinis are NOT adhering.

What we need to do is enforce it.

Even people who adhereing and got vaccinated getting infected ...

So your solution is to double down on solutions that haven't worked since the pandemic started?

dr,

Explain to me HOW you can get Covid if your mouth and nose is protected?

How can you get Covid if you wash your hands?

How can you get Covid if you stay away and stay home?

Who ever you think is “adhering” are clearly not doing it properly. How do you know for SURE that they were? You don’t bro. Somewhere along the line they let their guard down.
Last edited by MaxPower on November 27th, 2021, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » November 27th, 2021, 5:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO needs to sit down and redraw all the Public Health Guidelines from scratch. because they ent working

So your solution is to double down on solutions that haven't worked since the pandemic started?

dr,

Who ever you think is “adhering” clearly are clearly not doing it properly. How do you know for SURE that they were? You don’t bro. Somewhere along the line they let their guard down.
What about through your moist eyes or while having sex at work?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 27th, 2021, 5:53 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO needs to sit down and redraw all the Public Health Regulations from scratch. because they ent working

I dunno - all the people who said lockdown and curfew not working
What they saying now?

Duane you would not believe how many Facebook arguments I've started over this, even with Kevin Baldeosingh, who refuse to understand that lockdowns do work.

We've seen it time and time again, the moment people start mixing freely cases explode.

Now, honestly, it's too late to lockdown the cat done out the bag here. The best bet is let it run through and we reach herd immunity naturally at the cost of many many lives (not just the unvaccinated covid deaths but the collateral damage of other critical patients not receiving health care due to the high covid load).

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 27th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:CMO needs to sit down and redraw all the Public Health Regulations from scratch. because they ent working

I dunno - all the people who said lockdown and curfew not working
What they saying now?

Duane you would not believe how many Facebook arguments I've started over this, even with Kevin Baldeosingh, who refuse to understand that lockdowns do work.

We've seen it time and time again, the moment people start mixing freely cases explode.

Now, honestly, it's too late to lockdown the cat done out the bag here. The best bet is let it run through and we reach herd immunity naturally at the cost of many many lives (not just the unvaccinated covid deaths but the collateral damage of other critical patients not receiving health care due to the high covid load).
So the plan is who dead dead and we comfortable with that , build herd immunity and then omnicron comes and we do it all over again, who cares how many lives are we lose

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2021, 6:06 pm

wtf wrote:What about through your moist eyes or while having sex at work?

Covid isn’t a sexually transmitted disease bro.

And getting infected through the eyes is unlikely.

A debatable topic of course, but in the mean time ok fine, wear a condom and a face shield.

I cannot understand how people are saying the health guidelines are not working if they do not follow them correctly and consistently.

But i tell you one thing, put me in a room with Covid and once i protect myself i will not be getting infected. It takes a very big effort to put things in place to avoid the virus. Many people are too lazy, simply do not care or are just unaware.

timelapse
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby timelapse » November 27th, 2021, 6:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:

A debatable topic of course, but in the mean time ok fine, wear a condom and a face shield.

I cannot understand how people are saying the health guidelines are not working if they do not follow them correctly and consistently.

But i tell you one thing, put me in a room with Covid and once i protect myself i will not be getting infected. It takes a very big effort to put things in place to avoid the virus. Many people are too lazy, simply do not care or are just unaware.
All of the above plus the biggest reason.People don't want to be told what to do.They hate following instructions from anybody, unless is "put yuh hand in de air"

FrankChag
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby FrankChag » November 27th, 2021, 7:10 pm

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

All of the above plus the biggest reason.People don't want to be told what to do.They hate following instructions from anybody, unless is "put yuh hand in de air"

It's (some) businesses and government/state enterprises also

Had to go pennywise today; ended up in trincity mall
Was appalled by the crowds
Last year they were limiting the number of people in the store
I guess this year it's a free for all

got out of there quick

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 7:16 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Ummm....but vaccines never stopped you from getting covid

they did though. The Pfizer clinical trials had PCR-detected infection has an end-point. The vaccine had 95% efficacy against any infection by the ancestral strain. Many (most) of the Public Health decisions were made on the basis of that scientific evidence.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2034577

That's not the case any more though. The variants and waning effectiveness have been chopping away at it but the whole tree just fell down this week.

No. They didn't.

"95% efficacy against any infection"? That was from the Pfizer clinical trials where 5% of the trial participants became infected.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 7:18 pm

.....Image

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » November 27th, 2021, 7:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:

What if she has COVID-19 and I suck her tongue?
Or she sucks mine?
Or we have steamy sex with lots of moaning and heavy breathing?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 27th, 2021, 7:29 pm

them unvaxxed have no lives? it's saturday and living on tuner.

oh right, cant get into anywhere just so.

lockdown and SOE for the unvaxxed mi say -- only flicking up the place with they unvaxxed self

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 27th, 2021, 7:32 pm

MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Who ever you think is “adhering” are clearly not doing it properly. How do you know for SURE that they were? You don’t bro. Somewhere along the line they let their guard down.

Protected by what? An N95 with stop viral spread and how many people are using those?

Covid is not spread by surface contact ... Nature Journal and the WHO spoke about this aleady. Why are you denying the Science?

You can get covid if you stay at home because quite alot of house holds have essential workers who are still going out and interacting with people with pieces of cloth that have pore sizes larger than respiratory droplets.
Interacting with people is the bed rock of our society, people care for loved ones in different households, People work and interact with other people.

Its common sense man ... why you doubling down on the dotishness?
You cannot halt the spread of a virus you can slow it down only for it to rebound once you are forced to remove unsustainable measures which cause more harm than good.
Everyone needs to get infected ... the faster this happens the faster it becomes endemic and then it becomes nothing more than a common cold.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2021, 7:36 pm

wtf wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

What if she has COVID-19 and I suck her tongue?
Or she sucks mine?
Or we have steamy sex with lots of moaning and heavy breathing?

Lol you trolling me but i still taking the bait.

The suck tongue is considered viral transfer.

The heavy moaning may result in profuse droplets from her mouth.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 27th, 2021, 8:07 pm

*pulls down mask to hear better...
Whatttt..

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 27th, 2021, 8:20 pm

gastly369 wrote:*pulls down mask to hear better...
Whatttt..

I talking about pulling down mask, them fellas only studying to pull down jockey.

Anyhooooooo back on topic

paid_influencer
punchin NOS

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 8:43 pm

FrankChag wrote:Had to go pennywise today; ended up in trincity mall
Was appalled by the crowds
Last year they were limiting the number of people in the store
I guess this year it's a free for all

got out of there quick[/color][/size]

the ruling classes want their money. the poor have no choice but to show up to work.

both agree that who dead, dead.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » November 27th, 2021, 8:51 pm

Christmas shopping start already.
RIP Trinidadians.
Many won't see 2022.

paid_influencer
punchin NOS

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 9:19 pm

adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

they did though. The Pfizer clinical trials had PCR-detected infection has an end-point. The vaccine had 95% efficacy against any infection by the ancestral strain. Many (most) of the Public Health decisions were made on the basis of that scientific evidence.

That's not the case any more though. The variants and waning effectiveness have been chopping away at it but the whole tree just fell down this week.

No. They didn't.

"95% efficacy against any infection"? That was from the Pfizer clinical trials where 5% of the trial participants became infected.

the 95% number comes from the primary end-point of the clinical trails. The link I posted there is the actual study published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

back in early 2021 the vaccines really did make you immune to COVID19. Public policy hasn't caught up to the fact that this is no longer the case.

Israel is the one country that chooses to deal with things as they are and not play games. They were the first to use their financial and political pull to get vaccines for all their population. They were the first to give their population boosters. They were the first to declare two-dose-only recipients as not fully vaccinated. And now they are the first to close borders to South Africa, and now they've closed borders completely, again, because they understand the threat and aren't saying "who dead, dead."

China might be the only other country really gripping this thing by the horns, but it harder to get news from there.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Last edited by adnj on November 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 27th, 2021, 9:55 pm

drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

dr,

Protected by what? An N95 with stop viral spread and how many people are using those?

Covid is not spread by surface contact ... Nature Journal and the WHO spoke about this aleady. Why are you denying the Science?

You can get covid if you stay at home because quite alot of house holds have essential workers who are still going out and interacting with people with pieces of cloth that have pore sizes larger than respiratory droplets.
Interacting with people is the bed rock of our society, people care for loved ones in different households, People work and interact with other people.

Its common sense man ... why you doubling down on the dotishness?
You cannot halt the spread of a virus you can slow it down only for it to rebound once you are forced to remove unsustainable measures which cause more harm than good.
Everyone needs to get infected ... the faster this happens the faster it becomes endemic and then it becomes nothing more than a common cold.

You are generalizing the data.
Essential workers are not in the majority.
During lockdowns or even restrictions, many companies resort to work-from-home and many places are closed limiting the movement and interaction of many.
The more people that isolate the less the virus can spread - that is common sense.
We cannot lock down forever however we control the spread by controlling the movement and interactions in periods where spread is high. New Zealand was able to do this for over a year - but while people get fed, up the virus doesnt and numbers can climb again as too much is relaxed at the wrong times.
Many factors contribute to controlling the spread including vaccination, PPE and social distancing, however they have to be done properly.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 27th, 2021, 9:57 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

No. They didn't.

the 95% number comes from the primary end-point of the clinical trails. The link I posted there is the actual study published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

back in early 2021 the vaccines really did make you immune to COVID19. Public policy hasn't caught up to the fact that this is no longer the case.

Israel is the one country that chooses to deal with things as they are and not play games. They were the first to use their financial and political pull to get vaccines for all their population. They were the first to give their population boosters. They were the first to declare two-dose-only recipients as not fully vaccinated. And now they are the first to close borders to South Africa, and now they've closed borders completely, again, because they understand the threat and aren't saying "who dead, dead."

China might be the only other country really gripping this thing by the horns, but it harder to get news from there.

No. They did not. Efficacy from the clinical trials was about 95% for mRNA vaccines and lower for every other type. YOU posted a randomized study that concluded that real world effectiveness was 95%.

YOU may choose to believe that there was a paradigm shift in perception but NOWHERE was there a published efficacy study that provided 100% for ANY vaccine. Did the public understand what was presented? Apparently not all of the public.

AND you are conflating waning immunity with some new breed of bullshhit. Efficacy studies gathered data for six months.

Pfizer even pointed out the likely need for an annual booster nearly 8 months ago.

Nothing has changed. The information is readily available and has been for some time. Some people just haven't caught up.

------

From your cited journal:

"CONCLUSIONS

A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines. (Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04368728. opens in new tab.)"

--------

Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

PUBLISHED THU, APR 15 2021

KEY POINTS

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will “likely” need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

He also said it’s possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer- ... onths.html

---------

We analyzed data from our landmark Phase 3 clinical trial – comparing cases in participants who received the vaccine at the beginning of the study to those in participants who received a placebo but were later fully vaccinated. We looked specifically at cases that were reported after July 1, 2021 – a time when the Delta variant surged. We found that those who were vaccinated later in the trial – and originally received a placebo – experienced 26 percent higher efficacy as compared to those people in our study that were vaccinated early on as part of the original group. These findings indicate that time from vaccination is likely a significant factor in breakthrough cases, which supports the important role that booster shots can play in helping to maintain protection against COVID-19. Evidence generated by the ongoing surveillance data from our collaborations with Kaiser Permanente Southern California in the U.S. and the Ministry of Health in Israel also support these findings and reinforce the important role boosters can play in addressing the pandemic.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/ ... ert_bourla
Last edited by adnj on November 27th, 2021, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 27th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Shipment of sinopharm come in today. Who really still want it though?

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » November 27th, 2021, 10:09 pm

3rd doses for everyone

paid_influencer
punchin NOS

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 10:27 pm

Israel knew what was up since Nov 10. They were on the ball

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... id-variant

paid_influencer
punchin NOS

Postby paid_influencer » November 27th, 2021, 10:30 pm

adnj, it's looking like we might need a booster every four months. And you can quote me on that in a few months.

:drinking:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”