this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Business Ideas

Postby Dave » October 15th, 2022, 9:29 am

That was Mickey Blue Eyes lol.
alfa wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:anyone noticed the art gallery store somewhere close to marios on tragarete road. so much business in the area an the are gallery has its own lot of land for its car park and usually 99% empty while even marios dont have a car park. so business has to be good. grand bazar has an art / framing store that there since the mall open i think and always basically empty but able to pay rent. even horizon framing on mucurapo road has 2 buildings and them frames and art expensive but business have to be good as them there more than 20 years.

Isn't art like a big front for money laundering? Not saying it's the case here though

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 15th, 2022, 9:42 am

Brothel

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 15th, 2022, 9:44 am

Trust me business is good don't worry about them, they pay very well. Then again could be a front as well
daring dragoon wrote:anyone noticed the art gallery store somewhere close to marios on tragarete road. so much business in the area an the are gallery has its own lot of land for its car park and usually 99% empty while even marios dont have a car park. so business has to be good. grand bazar has an art / framing store that there since the mall open i think and always basically empty but able to pay rent. even horizon framing on mucurapo road has 2 buildings and them frames and art expensive but business have to be good as them there more than 20 years.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » October 15th, 2022, 9:54 am

Some may own the property and have their children using it for new business ventures. It may not be utilized ideally, but that's the luxury of probably not having to pay rent or needing your business to be a success.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 15th, 2022, 9:58 am

DMan7 wrote:Brothel
Do they call it a brothel because it smells like fish?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 15th, 2022, 10:04 am

timelapse wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Brothel
Do they call it a brothel because it smells like fish?

BINGO!

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 15th, 2022, 11:23 am

Soul Collector wrote:

Some may own the property and have their children using it for new business ventures. It may not be utilized ideally, but that's the luxury of probably not having to pay rent or needing your business to be a success.

Art in T&T is lucrative ( not so much to artists as to galleries, framers etc). Many corporate bodies buy and enjoy tax breaks as well as add them to their investment portfolio.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 17th, 2022, 9:44 am

Is it easier to make big money in business in Trinidad than the US?

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » November 1st, 2022, 8:58 pm

Anyone knows how the Airbnb side of business is in TNT?

Wondering how profitable it is.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 1st, 2022, 9:17 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Is it easier to make big money in business in Trinidad than the US?

The US has over 330 million people, is the largest global economy and has some of the wealthiest people on the planet.

What you think?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 1st, 2022, 9:33 pm

very good, lots of ppl doing airbnb
you need to be on top of it

Fadakartel wrote:Anyone knows how the Airbnb side of business is in TNT?

Wondering how profitable it is.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 2nd, 2022, 2:28 pm

Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Is it easier to make big money in business in Trinidad than the US?

The US has over 330 million people, is the largest global economy and has some of the wealthiest people on the planet.

What you think?

How is that relevant to the difficulty of doing business there? For example with competition with major corporations etc.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 2nd, 2022, 3:48 pm

I saying it again, free business idea:
Sell/install brakes pads by Maracas Bay

Think of how much men realize dey brakes is toots when dey coming downhill . THen dey go see a brakes shop and thing Hmm yeah I shud change it one time yes.

Dont pay me anything, just think of me and say a prayer every night for ur successes

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 3rd, 2022, 2:18 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:I saying it again, free business idea:
Sell/install brakes pads by Maracas Bay

Think of how much men realize dey brakes is toots when dey coming downhill . THen dey go see a brakes shop and thing Hmm yeah I shud change it one time yes.

Dont pay me anything, just think of me and say a prayer every night for ur successes

ruff,

Not a bad idea.

But the thing is….not many Trinis realize their brakes is toots…and even if they do, they leaving that “just so”.

The very few sensible thinking people we have heading to Maracas etc ensure their vehicles are serviced properly before.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » February 24th, 2023, 8:03 pm

Anyone expanded or expanding their business into Guyana?

devon4786
3NE 2NR for life

Postby devon4786 » February 12th, 2024, 11:34 am

When I started my online shop for eco-friendly stuff for homes, finding the right people to get my products from was super important. I looked around a lot to find suppliers who cared about the environment as much as I did. What really helped my business grow, though, was making sure everything ran smoothly, especially with orders and keeping track of stock. I got help from a company that deal with custom application development needing to write a lot of code, which made things a lot easier and faster.

They used easy tools to build an app just for my business, making it simpler to handle orders and keep an eye on my inventory. Crispy Software was awesome because they know a lot about making businesses run better. Their help has made my daily work much easier, letting me and my team focus on the big picture.
Last edited by devon4786 on February 15th, 2024, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 12th, 2024, 5:55 pm

Starting a small business is easy . Knowing your market, building and keeping your customer base and a good reputation is where the hard part starts.

Recently was looking at some 18650 lithium cells to build a battery pack for a project, & tried to support a local business a fella I'm acquainted with started, & I realize immediately that was abject failure.
Man tell me to my face he want TTD $200 for one cell.
I just amazon it, bought a 12v pack wired up that came with charging connector and charger for USD $32. Whole thing cost less than TT$300, delivered to my door. I went back and showed him, and the 1st thing that fool go say is "allyuh doh like to see d small man business do good". The idiot eh figure out he pricing himself out of business.
I tell him flat out, "YOU hadda make sure your business do good, and I hadda make sure I get value for my money", & left his dumb arse right there. Not long after he lil endeavor fold up like a brand new Arrow shirt.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 13th, 2024, 7:41 am

the best cells are from a brand name drill pack

88sins wrote:Starting a small business is easy . Knowing your market, building and keeping your customer base and a good reputation is where the hard part starts.

Recently was looking at some 18650 lithium cells to build a battery pack for a project, & tried to support a local business a fella I'm acquainted with started, & I realize immediately that was abject failure.
I just amazon it, bought a 12v pack wired up that came with charging connector and charger for USD $32. Whole thing cost less than TT$300, delivered to my door. I went back and showed him, and the 1st thing that fool go say is "allyuh doh like to see d small man business do good". The idiot eh figure out he pricing himself out of business.
I tell him flat out, "YOU hadda make sure your business do good, and I hadda make sure I get value for my money", & left his dumb arse right there. Not long after he lil endeavor fold up like a brand new Arrow shirt.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 13th, 2024, 8:06 am

88sins wrote:Starting a small business is easy . Knowing your market, building and keeping your customer base and a good reputation is where the hard part starts.

Buying a battery (20% Duties, 12.5% V.A.T.) puts your US$32 purchase right at TT$300 - without OPT or delivery charges.

The pack may have been classified as something different.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 13th, 2024, 8:22 am

Alot of batteries are classified as "storage devices" and in as computer parts and taxed as such

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 13th, 2024, 8:41 am

There is also a separate "Battery (Cellphone, Laptops, Tablets)" classification. But if the Duty & VAT are identical, I doubt that Customs would care much.

... if a store front is buying what I can buy online at the same price, all that I get for the mark-up is convenience and immediate availability.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 13th, 2024, 10:38 am

The point is... you get thru cheaper online versus local.

Well done 88.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » February 13th, 2024, 10:46 am

Soo all this time the term "Support Local" was a scam disguised as the need to support local businesses?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 13th, 2024, 10:55 am

The_Honourable wrote:The point is... you get thru cheaper online versus local.

Exactly.
A great many startups are doomed to failure, simply because the owner/operator price themselves out of the market. This folly to think you will get & keep customers by overcharging them for items your competitors are selling for less than you are. All because you telling yourself "ok ah start a business, so now is jes to buy d cheapest crap i can find for resale, and sell it for as much as I can get and ah go be a millionaire by month end". That mindset don't ever yield a successful outcome. Start small, and build over time, yuh can't start a corner shop this morning and by evening it turn into a nationwide supermarket chain.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 13th, 2024, 10:59 am

economies of scale bro
the local store not buying in big quantities
so their cost price is about the same as online retail prices
plus the overhead of a brick-and-mortar store, rent, labor, etc
you paying for convenience and availability
or just buy it online if it not time sensitive

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 13th, 2024, 11:11 am

the local store prob bringing it same skybox too

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 13th, 2024, 3:17 pm

paid_influencer wrote:economies of scale bro
the local store not buying in big quantities
so their cost price is about the same as online retail prices
plus the overhead of a brick-and-mortar store, rent, labor, etc

you paying for convenience and availability
or just buy it online if it not time sensitive

This makes sense, but only to a certain point.
Because if you as a businessman allow your business to have excessively high operational costs to the extent that you have to sell your products more expensive than everybody else, you have no business running a business.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”