3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: *** The OFFICIAL Soca Warriors Football Thread***

Postby hydroep » June 13th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Kick-Off @ 10 p.m.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 13th, 2017, 8:38 pm

That 2hr time difference. Quite 10pm dred !!!!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 14th, 2017, 12:43 am

Scores in the latest round of matches:

Mexico: 1 USA: 1
Honduras: 2 Panama: 2
Costa Rica: 2 T&T: 1

Standings as at 06/13/17

Next matches:
Sep 1: T&T vs Honduras
Sep 5: Panama vs T&T

As it stands any of the teams can still qualify, though you'd have to say having lost 5 of their 6 matches opponents probably regard T&T as nothing more than cannon fodder at this point.

Let's hope them fellas could pull something out of the hat.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 15th, 2017, 11:31 am

Had the chance to see the team last night and speak to some of the officials. The loss was tough on them(obviously), but they didn't appear to have gone into defeat mode.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 29th, 2017, 9:06 pm

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 31st, 2017, 11:54 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 1st, 2017, 10:43 am

Kick-off: 8 p.m.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 2nd, 2017, 6:50 am

Sadly team T&T seems so be getting progressively worse, they couldn't even draw let alone beat what was arguably the weakest team in the hex (next to us) at home. Former Coach Hart probably having a private chuckle to himself.

Three matches remain and a mathematical (though highly improbable) chance of qualifying remains.

Next match is away to Panama on Tuesday.

Scores from last night's matches:
T&T: 1 Honduras: 2
USA: 0 Costa Rica: 2
Mexico: 1 Panama: 0

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 2nd, 2017, 12:11 pm

Joka warriors...loss and proud, no remorse.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 2nd, 2017, 12:56 pm

Hey dennis Lawrence has a uefa pro license
The highest coaching cert in the world
Hart don't have that
Plus we had England international sol Campbell with his years of defensive experience

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » September 2nd, 2017, 1:18 pm

Football is business. Those who cross FIFA don't get the 50/50 calls like England and Trinidad unless you're naive and think all those bad calls against us were mistakes.
It's business...you making me money so I will provide the environment for you to reach as far as possible thus making more money for me.
Same reason Barcelona and Real reach far......if they can't beat you outright they will beat you with the help of the referee.
Money talks.Trinidad never going anywhere again especially without Jack to pull some strings behind the scenes for us.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 5th, 2017, 7:52 am

It ain't over till it's over. Kick-off @ 9 p.m.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 5th, 2017, 8:17 am

it would be nice to keep the dream alive , but I'm very doubtful.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » September 5th, 2017, 12:47 pm

It's over. Can't pay me to watch them play

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 6th, 2017, 12:39 am

Fire Lawrence now?

The coach could be whoever, they are limited by the skill of the team especially the forwards.

That's what make Dwight Yorke well Dwight Yorke!!

Our best players in MLS think on that for a bit!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 6th, 2017, 12:41 am

T&T scored a spectacular goal! Too bad it was an own goal...:lol:

And with that their campaign has basically ended. The most they can do now is 'play spoiler' for those teams vying for 3rd and 4th place.

Scores from the latest round of matches:

Panama: 3 T&T: 0
Honduras: 1 USA: 1
Mexico: 1 Costa Rica: 1

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 6th, 2017, 1:36 am

Should boo dey mc down when they return home.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 6th, 2017, 7:37 am

They fired Hart for trying to instill discipline in the players. The same idiot who wanted to take a year off from the team because he didn't get his way. They further legitimised this type of behaviour by bringing him back. I hope Hart counting his money all the way to the bank cause he ended a hero rather than a loser with an impossible task.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 10th, 2017, 10:22 pm

T&T: 2 USA: 1

...a result that knocks the USA out of the World Cup!

Was honestly expecting dem fellas to get their arses handed to them again. But with nothing to lose the team gave a real heart and soul performance. Alvin Jones's goal was a sight to behold but it was Adrian Foncette's (GK) performance that kept us in the game.

They may not be in Russia but many will settle for sending the Yanks packing as a worthy consolation prize...I know I will... :twisted:

Other scores in tonight's matches:

Panama: 2 Costa Rica: 1
Honduras: 3 Mexico: 2

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 15th, 2018, 10:46 am

Jlloyd Samuel: Former Aston Villa and Bolton defender dies in car crash
Former Aston Villa and Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash in Cheshire.

The 37-year-old, most recently player-manager of non-league side Egerton, died on Tuesday.
Samuel made 199 appearances for Villa after signing with the club in 1998, and played 83 times for Bolton between 2007 and 2011. The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association said he had "collided with an oncoming vehicle".

"We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of our former player Jlloyd Samuel at the age of just 37 in a car accident," Championship side Villa said on Twitter.

"Our players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect tonight [in their play-off semi-final] and our thoughts are with his friends and family at this very difficult time."

Samuel won two international caps for Trinidad and Tobago, and also played club football in Iran between 2011 and 2015.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44127716

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 11th, 2019, 2:13 am

Good move to weed out the stinkers. But given the state of T&T's football we'll probably never see another World Cup appearance in our lifetime...

CONCACAF changes W/Cup qualifying format
Walter Alibey

T&T's chances of qual­i­fy­ing for the FI­FA World Cup in 2022 and be­yond have be­come in­creas­ing­ly hard­er.

The Con­fed­er­a­tion of North, Cen­tral Amer­i­ca and the Caribbean Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tions (CON­CA­CAF) on Wednes­day an­nounced a new for­mat which could be a ma­jor both­er for T&T and the wider re­gion­al na­tions.

The re­struc­tured com­pe­ti­tion will com­prise of two parts, to take place si­mul­ta­ne­ous­ly dur­ing the FI­FA-match win­dows in 2020 and 2021.

The first part of the CON­CA­CAF qual­i­fiers, to be played in a Hexag­o­nal for­mat, will be con­test­ed among the top six ranked CON­CA­CAF Mem­ber As­so­ci­a­tions based on the FI­FA Rank­ing pub­lished af­ter the FI­FA win­dow of June 2020. Af­ter home-and-away round-robin play dur­ing the FI­FA Match win­dows of Sep­tem­ber, Oc­to­ber and No­vem­ber of 2020, and March and Sep­tem­ber of 2021, the top three teams will qual­i­fy di­rect­ly to the FI­FA World Cup Qatar 2022.

The sec­ond part of the qual­i­fiers, to be played across a Group Stage and knock­out phase, will in­volve the CON­CA­CAF Mem­ber As­so­ci­a­tions ranked 7-35 ac­cord­ing to the FI­FA Rank­ing pub­lished af­ter the FI­FA win­dow of June 2020. For the group stage, these 29 par­tic­i­pat­ing CON­CA­CAF Mem­ber As­so­ci­a­tions will be di­vid­ed in­to eight groups (five groups of four teams and three groups of three teams).

Af­ter a home-and-away round-robin plays dur­ing the FI­FA Match win­dows of Sep­tem­ber, Oc­to­ber and No­vem­ber of 2020, the first-place fin­ish­ers in each of the eight groups will qual­i­fy for the knock out stage.

Na­tion­al coach Den­nis Lawrence, in an im­me­di­ate re­ac­tion to the new for­mat yes­ter­day, said the change means they will have to play every game as a fi­nal. Lawrence, whose So­ca War­riors are ranked 10th in the CON­CA­CAF and 92nd in the world, said, "Based on the facts and the in­for­ma­tion pre­sent­ed, if you are ac­tu­al­ly in the top six ranked CON­CA­CAF teams on the Fi­fa rank­ings at this mo­ment, you’ll prob­a­bly be think­ing you’re in a favourable po­si­tion, and all you’ve got to do is pro­tect your sta­tus un­til June 2020."

He not­ed, "If you aren’t, then it means it will be a lot more dif­fi­cult in terms of the Road to Qatar 2022, and you’ve got a lot of work to do to try and get in­to the top six. If not, then you will have to bat­tle it out for a chance to have a go at the fourth spot."

Gi­ant Mex­i­co ex­pect­ed­ly leads the CON­CA­CAF re­gion, with the Unit­ed States in sec­ond and Cos­ta Ri­ca and Ja­maica se­cur­ing the third and fourth spots.

The oth­er teams Hon­duras (5th), El Sal­vador (6th), Pana­ma (7th), Cana­da (8th) and Cu­ra­cao com­pletes the six oth­er po­si­tions, but these are set to change when the new rank­ings that fol­low the just con­clud­ed CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup are re­leased.

Lawrence said, "It is dif­fi­cult, more than be­fore now for the teams ranked 7-35, and favourable for the top six ranked teams. We just have to see how it plays out. What it means now, and not that it wasn’t im­por­tant be­fore, it shows how huge­ly im­por­tant it is for us to do well in every game that we play be­tween now and June, in the FI­FA win­dows. Every game is like a fi­nal now to get in­to the Hex. If we want to im­prove on our rank­ings we have to get re­sults."

The quar­ter­fi­nals, semi­fi­nals and fi­nal match­es of the knock out phase will be played in a home-and-away di­rect elim­i­na­tion for­mat, dur­ing the FI­FA Match win­dows of March, June and Sep­tem­ber 2021.

The win­ner of the knock­out phase will face the fourth-place fin­ish­er of the Hexag­o­nal group to de­ter­mine the CON­CA­CAF rep­re­sen­ta­tive in the FI­FA in­ter­con­ti­nen­tal play­off. The home-and-away play­off match­es be­tween the two CON­CA­CAF rep­re­sen­ta­tives will take place dur­ing the FI­FA Match Win­dow of Oc­to­ber 2021.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/concacaf-changes-wcup-qualifying-format-6.2.883555.56ec6daf36

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 11th, 2019, 10:14 am

Seems like this ensures USA passage into the WC.
As much as we think the Americans hate football their companies are some of the largest FIFA commercial partners and their TV market is still a significant one.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » July 14th, 2021, 3:00 pm

July 14th 2021
MEDIA RELEASE

CoP- Increased Security in US for TT Football Team

Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith, has assured that there will be increased security around the Trinidad and Tobago Football Team who is participating in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

The decision to increase security around the team followed death threats to members of the team following the 0-0 draw with defending champions Mexico, in the opening round in Arlington, Texas, last Saturday night.

The CoP said he held discussions with the Ministers of National Security and Foreign and Caricom Affairs, as well as the Trinidad and Tobago Ambassador to the United States, His Excellency, Anthony Phillip-Spencer.

As a result of those discussions, a decision was taken to send the Special Branch representative, based in Miami, to be the security liaison with the Trinidad and Tobago Team for the remainder of their campaign in the Gold Cup. The officer joined the team this morning.

According to Commissioner Griffith, the officer’s role will be to liaise with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), the Frisco Police Department in Texas, Hotel Security, Match Security officials, security checks to the team bus, coordinate security at the hotel, training fields, and match venues, especially prior to departure and on arrival, and ensure the players are secure from access to spectators from opposing teams.

The TT National team will play El Salvador at 7.30 pm today at the Toyota Stadium, Texas. The national team will complete the Group Stage on Sunday against Guatemala.

Corporate Communications Unit
July 14th 2021
END

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » July 14th, 2021, 3:02 pm

Looks like the threats serious. But them really threatening Abu Bakr for defending so good... dem know who he fadda is...

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » October 1st, 2022, 2:28 pm

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 1st, 2022, 3:02 pm

Is this thread still to be called Soca Warriors thread?

Since the reporter won the case that the name is his they haven't been using the name in international matches.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 1st, 2022, 5:11 pm

Joker Warriors

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 2nd, 2023, 9:52 pm

Nobody watching Gold Cup? I stopped watching with the US 4-0 up on TT. Ended up 6-0.

Between them and West Indies, sports fans have some dark days ahead.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2023, 10:42 pm

it’s been dark decades now just that we live in a time warp of glory days gone by hope

but the rock bottom reality is finally settling in

Dizzy28 wrote:Nobody watching Gold Cup? I stopped watching with the US 4-0 up on TT. Ended up 6-0.

Between them and West Indies, sports fans have some dark days ahead.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”