Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2022, 7:03 pm

ahhh
well i want one for xmas

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 7th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Apple Car expected in 2026

Apple Car on track for 2026 release, under $100K price, custom chip, and no full self-driving at launch
https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/06/apple-car-2026-release/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 7th, 2022, 5:45 pm

so the car is gonna be more about the software and user experience vs a driving machine

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 7th, 2022, 5:57 pm

hope it can be riced out

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 7th, 2022, 6:01 pm

for all the speed the teslas have they dont seem to be riced out by owners

paid_influencer wrote:hope it can be riced out

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » December 17th, 2022, 7:31 pm

pugboy wrote:for all the speed the teslas have they dont seem to be riced out by owners

paid_influencer wrote:hope it can be riced out

I went gym earlier and it had a model s with stance rims parked with the body scraping the ground. Plenty out here in Texas.

shaney1
Riding on 13's

Postby shaney1 » December 20th, 2022, 9:02 pm

So apparently since December 2022 there’s been a sales tax added to all phones purchased on apple site.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 21st, 2022, 12:52 am

Meanwhile in California: Apple store robbery in Palo Alto - Black Friday 2022

pretty sure Apple just bricked all those devices right after anyway - but they did get a lot of parts

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » December 23rd, 2022, 2:44 am

Where locally (except iWorld) might I get a 41mm tempered glass screen protector for an Apple Watch Series 8?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 23rd, 2022, 8:01 am

That’ll be a tough find. I’ll recommend mobile outfitters to use the clear wrap on it for the time being

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 23rd, 2022, 10:02 am

dredman1 wrote:Where locally (except iWorld) might I get a 41mm tempered glass screen protector for an Apple Watch Series 8?

I’ve never used protection on an Apple Watch and they always seem fine. What jobs/hobbies you guys have ?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » December 23rd, 2022, 12:15 pm

j.o.e wrote:
dredman1 wrote:Where locally (except iWorld) might I get a 41mm tempered glass screen protector for an Apple Watch Series 8?

I’ve never used protection on an Apple Watch and they always seem fine. What jobs/hobbies you guys have ?

Technician/ repairs

So hands and arms always in tight places
Not to mention it somehow always hits walls and doors

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 23rd, 2022, 12:32 pm

dredman1 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Technician/ repairs

So hands and arms always in tight places
Not to mention it somehow always hits walls and doors

Makes sense in that case

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » December 23rd, 2022, 3:55 pm

Hi presently in NY, have roaming on bmobile phone number. on my unlocked Iphone. Im getting data LTE but for some reason i cant get or receive calls, data works on AT&T network however. Anyone had that issue? Re

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » December 23rd, 2022, 4:55 pm

jcrew wrote:Hi presently in NY, have roaming on bmobile phone number. on my unlocked Iphone. Im getting data LTE but for some reason i cant get or receive calls, data works on AT&T network however. Anyone had that issue? Re

Yes my phone went in this limp mode as well since summer. They have not renewed a roaming agreement with AT&T or T-Mobile so bmobile told me to use WhatsApp if I want to communicate with folks back home.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » December 23rd, 2022, 5:10 pm

Roaming hasn't been working for the past 6 months at least.

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » December 23rd, 2022, 6:31 pm

WOW, thanks for that info. Bmobile is rel pure BS

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » December 23rd, 2022, 7:07 pm

The Bamboo Online wrote:
jcrew wrote:Hi presently in NY, have roaming on bmobile phone number. on my unlocked Iphone. Im getting data LTE but for some reason i cant get or receive calls, data works on AT&T network however. Anyone had that issue? Re

Yes my phone went in this limp mode as well since summer. They have not renewed a roaming agreement with AT&T or T-Mobile so bmobile told me to use WhatsApp if I want to communicate with folks back home.

What prepaid sim card you used in NY? Were you able to call overseas as well?

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » December 28th, 2022, 10:22 am

Has anyone travelling activated an esim on their iphone? Given how sh*tty bmobile now is for roaming, I have been considering this.
Seems quite simple over tmobile, they have some small plans that cost as little as $10.
Would like to hear from anyone that has actually used it though.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 28th, 2022, 11:38 am

Nexus wrote:Has anyone travelling activated an esim on their iphone? Given how sh*tty bmobile now is for roaming, I have been considering this.
Seems quite simple over tmobile, they have some small plans that cost as little as $10.

Nexus,

I have with an AT&T plan.

Super easy, just take your device to the carrier of your choice and as you said, quite and overly simple.

I also did the esim with Digicel. Took 5 mins in and out at the airport duty free location.

Zero issues so far.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » December 28th, 2022, 11:41 am

Nexus wrote:Has anyone travelling activated an esim on their iphone? Given how sh*tty bmobile now is for roaming, I have been considering this.

I use a T-Mobile esim on my device when in the US (iPhone 13 pro max ) no issues. Easy set up and service is good. I can’t talk about the voice calls (don’t really use it ) but data is great and reasonable

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 28th, 2022, 5:11 pm

Why is roaming even an option when it has crazy rates and prepaid sims so easy to get over there?

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » December 28th, 2022, 5:51 pm

S_2NR wrote:

Why is roaming even an option when it has crazy rates and prepaid sims so easy to get over there?

Cause no deal to call home… people can call your trini number without having to find out your Internatioinal number…

Plus you want people to call your Trini number so you can say “hold on I will call you back when i get out of the subway.” An hang up on them cause that’s how they find out u overseas

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » December 28th, 2022, 8:14 pm

Ay, thanks for the feedback!
Nah usually when we travel, between my wife and I, one of us would get one of those T-Mobile sims and hotspot for the other, way more data than you could ever use and sometimes the US # is be handy.
But the esim capability in the iPhone, it just really seems stupid easy to go that route

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 28th, 2022, 9:20 pm

The Bamboo Online wrote:
S_2NR wrote:

Cause no deal to call home… people can call your trini number without having to find out your Internatioinal number…

Plus you want people to call your Trini number so you can say “hold on I will call you back when i get out of the subway.” An hang up on them cause that’s how they find out u overseas

Whatsapp solves these issues.
When you insert the foreign sim, whatsapp would ask u if u want to keep using your local number. Just choose that and continue using whatsapp as normal. Roaming is a huge rip off. I wouldnt advise it for anybody.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » December 29th, 2022, 12:53 am

S_2NR wrote:
The Bamboo Online wrote:
S_2NR wrote:

When you insert the foreign sim, whatsapp would ask u if u want to keep using your local number. Just choose that and continue using whatsapp as normal. Roaming is a huge rip off. I wouldnt advise it for anybody.

Suppose a caller is a old person with basic smartphone knowledge and can’t use WhatsApp…or a biz call from a landline ?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 29th, 2022, 8:04 pm

Smart phones are not that hard to use for anyone who has ever used an ATM.

Persons under 70 years old usually have no problem with opening an app on their main screen and pressing the call button on a contact, or answering with a swipe. Anybody older who is traveling will have help with setting up their device from someone at a phone kiosk or a younger relative.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 29th, 2022, 9:15 pm

xtech wrote:
S_2NR wrote:
The Bamboo Online wrote:
S_2NR wrote:

Suppose a caller is a old person with basic smartphone knowledge and can’t use WhatsApp…or a biz call from a landline ?

I prefer not to participate in thread derailing but...

Roaming coverage is the perfect solution for many business people who (a) frequently travel across borders on short trips or (b) require a direct line of communication and do not have a call-forwarding service.

If you are spending a few weeks in one cellular market, a vanilla travel SIM is the most appropriate choice.

Staying in one place? Saving money won't hurt. Start traveling between countries, even while on vacation, and you will quickly gain an appreciation for international roaming on a travel SIM.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » January 3rd, 2023, 3:21 pm

bmobile hasn't had voice roaming in place since AT&T stopped using 3G around June 2022. Only 4G data roaming is available.

As a business user, I need to have my local number connected for voice calls while traveling the US. My bmobile plan includes unlimited data/voice roaming for the US/CAN/CAR/GY/UK so it's not a matter of saving cost.

This is their advisory:

"As per our latest Roaming Advisory, The US Networks have shut down their 3G Networks and as a result only 4G Roaming Data is available at this time. The user has to select 4G on his phone. There are no changes just yet.

Our preferred partner is once again AT&T and customers will no longer be able to roam on T-Mobile. The user has to select AT&T manually.

Regular Voice Calls would not work at this time and customers are advised to do App based calling (Whats App, Skype etc).
We are working with our roaming partners toward a speedy resolution, but cannot give a definite time frame.

Our apologies for the inconvenience."

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 17th, 2023, 5:31 pm

Apple unveils M2 Pro and M2 Max: next-generation chips for next-level workflows

Supercharging MacBook Pro and Mac mini, M2 Pro and M2 Max feature a more powerful CPU and GPU, up to 96GB of unified memory, and industry-leading power efficiency

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/01/ ... workflows/

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”