Forums

Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 23rd, 2015, 1:00 am

It takes a while for the transaction to show up even on online banking. Calling the Credit Card Centre is probably the quickest.
Just tell them you need the code for PayPal. They know the drill.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 23rd, 2015, 6:26 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:It takes a while for the transaction to show up even on online banking. Calling the Credit Card Centre is probably the quickest.
Just tell them you need the code for PayPal. They know the drill.

i doh think it even has a section for showing transactions for vtm cards online- last time i logged in i only saw the balance

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » January 23rd, 2015, 7:18 pm

Yeah there is. It took a day for my code to show up.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » May 5th, 2015, 9:58 am

jus wanna ask a question...

i have a mastercard, but getting pressure in receiving funds on paypal.

it saying i need to sign up for a business account all the while, when i did this when i registered on it. but it's accepting the card, but i can't make out an invoice to send out.

and it's also asking for the routing number of my bank account. i don't use cheques, but how do i find this out?

desifemlove

Re:

Postby desifemlove » May 5th, 2015, 10:06 am

N_A_K wrote:
xtech wrote:hahaha.........man just open a US bank acct. cause most stores dat take paypal when they realize u have intl card and bank acct u will get blanked.

i open up a acct with capitalone an got a debit mastercard linked to it...............now i sell stuff on ebay an can receive funds easy

wats in your wallet :roll:

how can a trini open a us bank account?

dis from 2008 and dis person probably long gone...but if anybody around now can answer:

- can this be a USD account in a trini bank?
- can citibank or a big global bank like bank of america, hsbc, provide this, even if yuh ent resident in US or UK?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 5th, 2015, 10:21 am

desifemlove wrote:
N_A_K wrote:
xtech wrote:hahaha.........man just open a US bank acct. cause most stores dat take paypal when they realize u have intl card and bank acct u will get blanked.

i open up a acct with capitalone an got a debit mastercard linked to it...............now i sell stuff on ebay an can receive funds easy

dis from 2008 and dis person probably long gone...but if anybody around now can answer:

- can citibank or a big global bank like bank of america, hsbc, provide this, even if yuh ent resident in US or UK?

Yes i think that person died.

Anyway you can easily open a account but you usually have to go into a us bank to do it. A lot of trinis use wells Fargo.

You can wire transfer from your local account to your us account. Or receive payments on your us account and withdraw locally with a PayPal account that's linked to a local bank account

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » May 5th, 2015, 11:09 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
N_A_K wrote:

Anyway you can easily open a account but you usually have to go into a us bank to do it. A lot of trinis use wells Fargo.

You can wire transfer from your local account to your us account. Or receive payments on your us account and withdraw locally with a PayPal account that's linked to a local bank account

:lol: RIP

adnaf
Riding on 13's

Postby adnaf » May 5th, 2015, 11:11 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
N_A_K wrote:

What are people's thoughts on the best options for doing this today. Seems Republic VTM card is a lot more problematic to acquire today and I'm not sure if it was intended or supported for this purpose (At least that is what people in RBL tell me)

My questions:

1. Is RBL VTM still the best option for this and if so, is it actually supported by RBL? Who do you speak to in there that understands the situation or what exactly do you tell them?
2. If not, what are other good alternatives? Have folks had good experiences with payoneer?
3. Are there any risks with using a US Account? E.g. if there is income > 5000 USD every month. Would this raise issues with the bank or otherwise?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » May 5th, 2015, 12:59 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
N_A_K wrote:

wells Fargo has a local branch? does FCB, RBC, Scotia, etc. let you have USD acconts linked to a US bank?

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 5th, 2015, 1:04 pm

If you're using a TT paypal account, you must have a VISA card or a US bank account (USA soil) linked to your paypal account so you can receive payments.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 5th, 2015, 1:11 pm

No you have to go to the USA to open an account. If you know someone in the bank you may be able to fax them the info tho. Passport page and utility bill

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » May 5th, 2015, 2:25 pm

JStaples wrote:If you're using a TT paypal account, you must have a VISA card or a US bank account (USA soil) linked to your paypal account so you can receive payments.

So the RBL card?

and US soil, so registered in person in the US? not through a Trini bank?

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 5th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Any visa card from trinidad will work including rbl. If you decide to add a US account it needs to be of USA soil.

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 5th, 2015, 2:34 pm

No a US account registered in Trinidad will not work. You must own a USA bank account

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » May 5th, 2015, 2:39 pm

cool no scene.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 5th, 2015, 2:58 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:No you have to go to the USA to open an account. If you know someone in the bank you may be able to fax them the info tho. Passport page and utility bill

ABA Trading LTD wrote:Anyway you can easily open a account but you usually have to go into a us bank to do it. A lot of trinis use wells Fargo

I thought you needed a social security number to open an account in a US bank, even if you do it in person over the counter. :?

Has that changed (serious question)?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 5th, 2015, 3:55 pm

No you dont need a social security number

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 5th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Thanks. So just a passport and utility bill (and US$ to deposit) is required when opening it?
ABA Trading LTD wrote:No you have to go to the USA to open an account. If you know someone in the bank you may be able to fax them the info tho. Passport page and utility bill
And that has to be a US utility bill I assume? I can't see a US bank taking your Flow or TTEC bill...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 5th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Nope your trinidad bill will work. They mail your correspondence to trinidad. I not even sure you need the utility bill. Do our passports have our address?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 6th, 2015, 12:27 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:Nope your trinidad bill will work. They mail your correspondence to trinidad. I not even sure you need the utility bill. Do our passports have our address?
first I'm hearing of this.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 6th, 2015, 12:40 pm

i get mailed correspondence in Trinidad from wells fargo regularly

hell, their mails reach in a more timely manner than from local banks

adnaf
Riding on 13's

Postby adnaf » May 8th, 2015, 9:12 am

Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated

adnaf wrote:
ABA Trading LTD wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
N_A_K wrote:

What are people's thoughts on the best options for doing this today. Seems Republic VTM card is a lot more problematic to acquire today and I'm not sure if it was intended or supported for this purpose (At least that is what people in RBL tell me)

My questions:

1. Is RBL VTM still the best option for this and if so, is it actually supported by RBL? Who do you speak to in there that understands the situation or what exactly do you tell them?
2. If not, what are other good alternatives? Have folks had good experiences with payoneer?
3. Are there any risks with using a US Account? E.g. if there is income > 5000 USD every month. Would this raise issues with the bank or otherwise?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 8th, 2015, 9:26 am

You will get problems moving that kind of money every month. You'll have to declare it and pay taxes once they realize u constantly doing that size of transactions

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 8th, 2015, 10:02 am

Anybody knows if you can get some sort of card to pay for stuff online without requiring a Job Letter?

Why don't they have something like a credit card but pre paid where you have to add funds to it from your bank account online and just shop with it like normal?

adnaf
Riding on 13's

Postby adnaf » May 8th, 2015, 11:08 am

I suspected so but would I get trouble in the US, in TT or both and would I only need to pay taxes in TT?

I expected to pay income tax locally on an amount like that.

ABA Trading LTD wrote:You will get problems moving that kind of money every month. You'll have to declare it and pay taxes once they realize u constantly doing that size of transactions

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 8th, 2015, 11:41 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Anybody knows if you can get some sort of card to pay for stuff online without requiring a Job Letter?

Why don't they have something like a credit card but pre paid where you have to add funds to it from your bank account online and just shop with it like normal?
yes they do, it is called a VTM card. It's a VISA debit card. And initially you only needed to pay for it at Republic Bank. But now, due to new money laundering laws, you must show a source of income, utility bills etc before applying for it.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 8th, 2015, 11:48 am

^ Ow ok thanks, good to know. Too bad for the new money laundering laws I suppose.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 8th, 2015, 11:58 am

Both.

Unless you register a business abroad to justify that money coming in in usd. They will jam you

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » May 8th, 2015, 3:54 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Anybody knows if you can get some sort of card to pay for stuff online without requiring a Job Letter?

They do:

- FCB does (i have...)
- Republic Bank
- Intercommerical Bank

These ent credit cards per se, but yuh can load up on time and use at any Visa/Mastercard location.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 8th, 2015, 4:09 pm

desifemlove wrote:

They do:

- FCB does (i have...)
- Republic Bank
- Intercommerical Bank

These ent credit cards per se, but yuh can load up on time and use at any Visa/Mastercard location.
what are the requirements from FCB and Intercommercial?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”