Forums

Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

JStaples
Street 2NR

Re: Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

Postby JStaples » May 10th, 2013, 8:21 am

Yes so far, the VTM card is one of the best options to receive funds in us currency here in trinidad. Paypal says it takes about 5-7 days for transfer but acutally it takes only 2 working days for funds to become available on your vtm card. Please note that once you have decided to use your vtm card as your automatic payment source on paypal, you may want to send paypal an email, explaining to them that your visa card is already a us currency card. They will make the change on their system so you wont have to pay addational conversion fees when sending and receiving funds in US currency (seeing that you already paid fees to load your card at rbl). US currency will now be your default currency in paypal. If you need any more info just ask me ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TriniTuner mobile app

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 10th, 2013, 10:58 am

^ keep in mind though that PayPal holds funds for 30 days before it becomes available to you.

So if someone pays you via PayPal (any currency) on May 10th you will get the funds immediately in PayPal less the PayPal fees (usually 5% + US$0.30) but PayPal will hold the funds until June 9th at which time you can transfer up to US$500 to your VTM card at a cost of US$5 or you can wait until June 30th when PayPal will automatically transfer ALL your available funds to your VTM card at no charge (free).

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Postby copper_shot » May 10th, 2013, 11:11 am

thanks for the info!

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 10th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ keep in mind though that PayPal holds funds for 30 days before it becomes available to you.

So if someone pays you via PayPal (any currency) on May 10th you will get the funds immediately in PayPal less the PayPal fees (usually 5% + US$0.30) but PayPal will hold the funds until June 9th at which time you can transfer up to US$500 to your VTM card at a cost of US$5 or you can wait until June 30th when PayPal will automatically transfer ALL your available funds to your VTM card at no charge (free).

Is there any way around the $500 limit? Other than having multiple VTM cards?

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 10th, 2013, 12:40 pm

The limit is 500 us per day for a TT paypal account if withdrawals are made to a visa debit card. Multiple cards will not get around this. The most effective way around for unlimited withdrawals is to apply for a payoneer debit mastercard which also comes with a US bank account. You can then make unlimited withdrawals to your US bank account and withdraw funds from the ATM's here in trinidad with your payoneer mastercard. Thats one of the best options i've found for receiving funds to a tt paypal account.

goodstuff99

Postby goodstuff99 » May 11th, 2013, 8:07 pm

How does it work if you receive funds to your regular TT bank credit card? When you transfer the funds from your paypal account to your local credit card does it simply pay off the charges on your credit card? Do I have to notify the local bank about this?

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 12th, 2013, 10:17 am

I know it works for a scotiabank credit card. The withdrawls comes in as a credit on the card. Not sure about the limits though. It does not automatically pays off the credit card. You need to ask the bank to retreive it. You can also ask your bank to ensure your credit card can accept withdrawls, returns or credits from paypal.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 12th, 2013, 10:21 am

JStaples wrote:I know it works for a scotiabank credit card. The withdrawls comes in as a credit on the card. Not sure about the limits though. It does not automatically pays off the credit card. You need to ask the bank to retreive it. You can also ask your bank to ensure your credit card can accept withdrawls, returns or credits from paypal.

wouldnt a credit go as a payment to the card? If not then what does it remain on the card as?

Sent from my iPhone using TriniTuner mobile app

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » May 12th, 2013, 10:33 am

It all depends. For example your paypal withdrawals can sometimes be larger tham the initial amounts you spent from your credit card. If it's larger it remains as a credit. But this varies from bank to bank. So it all depends on your use

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 12th, 2013, 12:15 pm

^ then it would be just like paying more than the amount owed on the card. it just goes towards your spending limit.

i.e. you card limit is $5000 and you use your credit card to purchase something for $300. PayPal transfers $400 to your credit card and it shows up as a credit/payment paying off the $300 owed and you now have a credit limit of $5100.

I think all banks do this with credit cards.

Debit cards are different since you can't load it up past the limit.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 13th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Yes, it simple negative/positive maths.

Local Paypal is a real runaround.

Ot, anybody looking at bitcoin ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 28th, 2013, 6:18 pm

when I made post above, bitcoins were around $130
they are now worth around $1040 :cry:

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » November 29th, 2013, 11:22 am

Lol I had 15 bit coins in 2010 or 2011 I used them to buy some in game currency :( used to gpu mine with my 2 5870 graphics cards when that was the fastest way now it would take months to mine with gpus

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 29th, 2013, 3:32 pm

I feel for you, lol

sonygoup
Riding on 16's

Postby sonygoup » March 15th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Anybody ever get thru with receiving money with a master card ? Or anyway around it?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 16th, 2014, 12:22 am

sonygoup wrote:Anybody ever get thru with receiving money with a master card ? Or anyway around it?
read the entire thread. You need a Visa card to receive funds and withdraw to if you live in T&T

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 29th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Ran into a problem recently where the automatic withdrawal from PayPal that usually happens on the 1st of every month did not happen.

The first time I called PayPal about this, the CSR told me the problem was with my VTM card and that the financial institution rejected the withdrawal (seen as a charge-back to the card) and I would need to use another card, since PayPal's policy is to permanently reject a card once a single transaction has been rejected. However upon contacting RBL here, they confirmed that nothing was wrong with the card, I was able to continue using the card on Amazon etc with no problems.

I tried to do a manual withdrawal (and pay the $5 fee) however that didn't work either! Instead I got an error message saying "We're sorry. There's been an intermittent communication problem. Please try again later.". Numerous attempts still gave the same error.
I did a google search for this error and there were a lot of other users with the same issue.
I contacted PayPal again via phone and they admitted there was an "intermittent communication problem" and they were fixing it. With regards to the automatic transfer, they said they have other users with similar problems but could not say when that would be resolved.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » September 30th, 2014, 6:18 am

I have three set payments via paypal to slidegeeks and many times the payment is rejected at first and then is successful the next day. Cant understand why its rejected at first every month.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 9:27 am

Team Loco wrote:I have three set payments via paypal to slidegeeks and many times the payment is rejected at first and then is successful the next day. Cant understand why its rejected at first every month.
that has absolutely nothing to do with my post, but ok lol

You should contact slidegeeks.

I'm talking about withdrawing funds from PayPal.

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » September 30th, 2014, 10:06 am

I also recognized for the past 2 months that the automatic transfer which usually occur on the "1st day"of every month did not work. When i first noticed this i called paypal around 12pm as I noticed the automatic transfer usually occurs around 4am and 9:30am on my account. They told me not to worry about this as it should occur within the 1st three days of the new month and if it does NOT work, just call them back and they will do a temporary automatic transfer aka autosweep for me. However i never had to request this service since the automatic transfer is now happening on the 2nd day of the month on my account. Waiting to see how it works tomorrow...

With regards to the "intermittent communication error". I believe that I have experienced this problem but NOT to your extent. In the past when i withdrew payments to my VTM, the payment status usually says "completed" immediately. But for the past few months i recognized that the withdrawal status kept saying "pending" for up to 3 days. I called paypal and they said it was a delay in the communication in which their system awaits a message from our bank to accept the withdrawal. But it did went through eventually. So I never experienced the problem to your extent. I now use entropay virtual cards for my withdrawals. Used it for about 8 months so far. It costs a bit more (1.95% after the 5USD from PP) but it works smoothly. Don't know if this can be an alternative withdrawal method for you as you can't use your VTM to withdraw...

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » September 30th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Team Loco wrote:I have three set payments via paypal to slidegeeks and many times the payment is rejected at first and then is successful the next day. Cant understand why its rejected at first every month.
that has absolutely nothing to do with my post, but ok lol

You should contact slidegeeks.

I'm talking about withdrawing funds from PayPal.

Must have been sleepy when I posted that

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 30th, 2014, 8:47 pm

JStaples wrote:I also recognized for the past 2 months that the automatic transfer which usually occur on the "1st day"of every month did not work. When i first noticed this i called paypal around 12pm as I noticed the automatic transfer usually occurs around 4am and 9:30am on my account. They told me not to worry about this as it should occur within the 1st three days of the new month and if it does NOT work, just call them back and they will do a temporary automatic transfer aka autosweep for me. However i never had to request this service since the automatic transfer is now happening on the 2nd day of the month on my account. Waiting to see how it works tomorrow...

With regards to the "intermittent communication error". I believe that I have experienced this problem but NOT to your extent. In the past when i withdrew payments to my VTM, the payment status usually says "completed" immediately. But for the past few months i recognized that the withdrawal status kept saying "pending" for up to 3 days. I called paypal and they said it was a delay in the communication in which their system awaits a message from our bank to accept the withdrawal. But it did went through eventually. So I never experienced the problem to your extent. I now use entropay virtual cards for my withdrawals. Used it for about 8 months so far. It costs a bit more (1.95% after the 5USD from PP) but it works smoothly. Don't know if this can be an alternative withdrawal method for you as you can't use your VTM to withdraw...
thanks - the problem is not just with the VTM card but with any VISA card (PayPal only withdraws to VISA cards in T&T).
Also I am accustomed to the 'first 3 days' window. I usually get my automatic withdrawal by the 3rd day of the month. But this did not happen for the entire month of September and I fear it will not happen for October either.

I will call PayPal again and update here

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 10th, 2014, 12:03 pm

ok here's the update:

The automatic withdrawal and withdrawing manually from PayPal to the VTM card stopped working and I got no automatic withdrawal in September.
Contacted PayPal via phone numerous times but the CSRs told me that I needed to talk to my bank as they were trying to send the funds but the receiving bank was rejecting it. Republic Bank however had no record of any attempted transactions. Even when I got the exact transactions dates, times and amounts, Republic Bank was not seeing it. They were seeing chargebacks and the card continued working fine for purchasing itens even via PayPal, but no luck with withdrawals.
Finally in October I decided to just get a new VTM card (now the process entails two forms of ID, a utility bill, a job letter, a pay slip and about 2 hours of your time - god alone knows why all this is necessary for a debit card, but that is the procedure).
It got the new VTM card and I set it up with PayPal, did a test withdrawal manually and that worked fine. The automatic withdrawal on November 1st also worked with no problems on the new card.
No one can say what went wrong with the previous VTM card, it is far from the expiry date.

So just a heads up in case this ever happens to any of you using PayPal and VTM cards, or any card that stops accepting withdrawals - just get a new card. It is the quickest way to get going again.

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » November 10th, 2014, 12:24 pm

duane is it possible to pay for powerseller status to you via paypal?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 10th, 2014, 12:30 pm

DFC wrote:duane is it possible to pay for powerseller status to you via paypal?
not to me, you can pay via PayPal to TriniTuner Ltd. on the advertise page here http://www.trinituner.com/v3/advertise/

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » November 10th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Interesting. Glad you got through.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 10th, 2014, 12:40 pm

JStaples wrote:Interesting. Glad you got through.
well technically I didn't :(
I was trying to not get a new card as I also use that card for Netflix, Amazon, online subscriptions etc so it was a real PITA to switch cards.

Tools
Riding on 13's

Postby Tools » November 10th, 2014, 3:18 pm

JStaples wrote:The limit is 500 us per day for a TT paypal account if withdrawals are made to a visa debit card. Multiple cards will not get around this. The most effective way around for unlimited withdrawals is to apply for a payoneer debit mastercard which also comes with a US bank account. You can then make unlimited withdrawals to your US bank account and withdraw funds from the ATM's here in trinidad with your payoneer mastercard. Thats one of the best options i've found for receiving funds to a tt paypal account.

Hey, i found this post while googling how to load my payoneer card from Trinidad, i just got mine after 5 months of signing up (thank TTPOST for the delay), and i'm wondering how can i put money onto my payoneer card? Can i use western union here, i spoke to a few of the agents and they have never seen a payoneer card before. Can you offer any advice? Thanks.

P.s. i inboxed you this same message in case you missed it, you can reply there if you prefer. Thanks

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » November 10th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Well boy...

JStaples
Street 2NR

Postby JStaples » November 10th, 2014, 3:41 pm

As of 2013. Payoneer made changes to their user agreement where you can no longer load your payoneer master card via your local credit cards. The only way you can now load your payoneer card is via your USD account(which they give you when you apply for the payoneer card) though withdrawals from your paypal account, skrill, amazon affiliate and other recognized US companies. They claim they have done this because the intent of their services is only for business transactions and not for personal use. Western union was never an option to load a payoneer card. Only credit cards and the other methods i mentioned above. Hope this helps you.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”