TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

6 reasons Palm Pre could be next iPhone killer

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bunny
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bunny » April 10th, 2009, 1:30 pm

DARREN, good to know yourre still around. been a long time since i last saw you. im currently going for a touch hd. it is that much better than the i thing. pity the toshiba aint out yet. cant really see the NEED for multi touch, as that shortfall is more than compensated for with the touch hd. the europeans have 9 out of 10 times rated it better than the i thing,including longer battery life. just my 2 cents. lol. :twisted: :twisted:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 10th, 2009, 1:50 pm

^ LOL

cant see the need for multi touch? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ever tried surfing a webpage on a phone?
web surfing is now a common practice that is made easier by pinching to zoom in and out and move/drag the page - only possible with muti touch
NO other device has offered that ease of use which is why the iPhone is still the best phone to surf the web on - full stop.

Apple came out with one iPhone
HTC has what? 8 wanna-be iPhones - HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch HD, HTC Dream, HTC Magic, HTC Cruise and still going

and still they havent "killed" the iPhone.
How many iPhone killers are they going to make before they actually kill the iPhone?

You doh study the hype pardner - buy yuh HTC Touch Pro Diamond2 HD whatever and like yuhself 8)
By next week HTC will try again
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on April 10th, 2009, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Wolfie » April 10th, 2009, 1:58 pm

What's WebKit OS? I thought Webkit was just a browser API??!

Bezman wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Ahhh nice Linux! :D

Still waiting to see what new hardware gadgets the new iphone delivers though...

its NOT linux, its WebKit OS

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 10th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Some people clearly have ever used a WM device for extended periods.

After you guys buy your "Touch Pro 2's etc etc etc" wait a week, then write a nice little review for us.

Don't forget to include the amount of times it crashes :lol:

enigma
Sweet on this forum

Postby enigma » April 10th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Screen kinda small tho...After gettin used to an iPhone.

Daren 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Daren 3NE 2NR » April 10th, 2009, 4:56 pm

bunny wrote:DARREN, good to know yourre still around. been a long time since i last saw you. im currently going for a touch hd. it is that much better than the i thing. pity the toshiba aint out yet. cant really see the NEED for multi touch, as that shortfall is more than compensated for with the touch hd. the europeans have 9 out of 10 times rated it better than the i thing,including longer battery life. just my 2 cents. lol. :twisted: :twisted:

i'm always around. like to come out of the matrix sometimes and say hi...

a guy in work has the touch HD. His comments are pretty much the same as yours. I tell him - to each his own.

personally i find Europeans unhygienic, loud and obnoxious - plus the women there don't shave their 'i thingy' so I won't take much from them in any event :)

I've had no problems with the battery life on my iPhone and I'm on WiFi everyday. Off course when my 3 year old takes it to play movies and music or use her finger to draw with 'sketches' and sometimes play games, the battery does run down a bit faster than normal. But I don't mind cause any device that attracts and intrigues my kids is a winner in my book.

and well you might want to give the multitouch concept a second chance. that's the way things are headed. For eg. Windows 7 and also in TED '09 there's been much talk about taking multitouch to the next level - Stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-VjUKAsao for example.

btw.. i'll be getting a 3G soon. anyone interested in buying a 2G?

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » April 10th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Daren 3NE 2NR wrote:
I've had no problems when my 3 year old takes it to play movies and music or use her finger to draw with 'sketches' and sometimes play games, the battery does run down a bit faster than normal. But I don't mind cause any device that attracts and intrigues my kids is a winner in my book.

btw.. i'll be getting a 3G soon. anyone interested in buying a 2G?

Nah not after reading that line.......u better give she d phone :roll:
Just kidding...........i holding out for the new version with 32gig

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » April 10th, 2009, 7:04 pm

it looks likes the killer

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » April 10th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ LOL

web surfing is now a common practice that is made easier by pinching to zoom in and out and move/drag the page - only possible with muti touch
NO other device has offered that ease of use which is why the iPhone is still the best phone to surf the web on - full stop.

HTC has what? 8 wanna-be iPhones - HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch HD, HTC Dream, HTC Magic, HTC Cruise and still going

How many iPhone killers are they going to make before they actually kill the iPhone?

You doh study the hype pardner - buy yuh HTC Touch Pro Diamond2 HD whatever and like yuhself 8)

ammm ever used a touch pro, dont hav to put my finger on the screen to zoom, jus roll my finger around the main button at the bottom, easier than touchin the screen, clockwise to zoom in anti clock wise to zoom out :? FANBOYISM JEEZE

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » April 10th, 2009, 7:41 pm

I don't know what, but something telling me this would be like another Zune to iPod like result.

Daren 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Daren 3NE 2NR » April 10th, 2009, 7:48 pm

SUPAstarr wrote:

ammm ever used a touch pro, dont hav to put my finger on the screen to zoom, jus roll my finger around the main button at the bottom, easier than touchin the screen, clockwise to zoom in anti clock wise to zoom out :? FANBOYISM JEEZE

"button" - lol... amateurs

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » April 10th, 2009, 7:53 pm

i cant remember its name but yuh have to admit scrollin around the wheel with one finger easier than 2 finger to pinch a screen

Daren 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Daren 3NE 2NR » April 10th, 2009, 7:59 pm

well i agree. the scroll button feature in the new smartphones are pretty neat, my thing though is that i prefer the full touch interface, less mechanical / moving parts the better / sleeker.

as i said before, to each his own. i can't see though phones continuing to be built with more moving parts.

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » April 10th, 2009, 8:07 pm

actually the wheel on the htc TOUCH PRO, in not like a ball like on blackberries, its jus touch and turn your finger no pressin, no movin parts.
Last edited by SUPAstarr on April 10th, 2009, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bunny
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bunny » April 10th, 2009, 8:41 pm

the hd has no wheels buttons etc. just a touch screen which is larger than the i thing. no need for multi touch cause the htc simply requires you to 'double touch the area you want to zoom,drag it around etc. same function different method. do a thorough web search on htc touch hd, not touch pro....see the ratings ..rated better than the i thing.....but dont just take my word for it...see for yourself ,watch the demo videos etc.. sigh if only the toshiba was available.... :twisted:

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » April 10th, 2009, 9:08 pm

i predict 5 pages...

but my input into this ched...

who d fack made multi-touch this big deal that now everyone wants to incorporated into their phones now...

[/ched]

:lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 10th, 2009, 10:14 pm

SUPAstarr wrote:

Well its much more intuitive to have hand gestures than being told "well the way you zoom is to roll around that button clockwise"

The blackberry rollerball is more intuitive than that.

wanting to touch the object on the screen is anyone's first instinct on a touch screen device.

the iPhone doesn't come with an instruction manual - it doesn't need one.
Now that's when you know something is intuitive.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 10th, 2009, 11:14 pm

run's in thread

the iphone

an intelligent phone for not so intelligent people

how many apps do you really need to get by on a daily basis
and how did you manage without apps before................

jeeeez get a life

runs back out thread

recieves text messages from 3 admin officials that they will be terminating my account via wifi on their iphone

as soon as they view all the pics from the Colombia show especially the hi res of the "fashion show"

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 11th, 2009, 12:05 am

^ bess you just throw away your cell phone then - how'd you get by without it before? :lol:

djblademan

Postby djblademan » April 11th, 2009, 2:21 am

nice....

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 11th, 2009, 6:37 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ bess you just throw away your cell phone then - how'd you get by without it before? :lol:

quite easy actually
you should try leaving your phone home for a day

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » April 11th, 2009, 8:55 am

funny that they are all still tiring to kill the iphone 2g, and apple has a new phone on the way with updated firmware that is already kick ass...

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » April 11th, 2009, 10:57 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:HTC has what? 8 wanna-be iPhones - HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch HD, HTC Dream, HTC Magic, HTC Cruise and still going

have you ever used any? at least for a couple hours?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 11th, 2009, 11:23 am

^ yeah - they are very cool phones/devices
I like the HD much more than the Blackberry Storm

but neither are iPhone killers

bunny
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bunny » April 11th, 2009, 12:41 pm

now available windows mobile 6.5...saw the demo...dont think apple ready for that yet..true apple may be somewhat easier to use..but when you get into it, all the extra features of th hd really outshine the i phone..both great devices ,but after a lot of comparison ,i do believe the hd is the winner hands down..i dont own either of them yet but so far im leaning towards the hd,until someone can truly show me something the i phone can do better or do more than the hd...if the toshiba was presently out ,i wouldnt even consider these 2 great phones at present..it does boil down to the i pod vs. zune kinda thing,and while there are pros and cons to both of these formats,i chose zune...and i own several of both of these devices .now im not bashing anyones opinion here,just ramjacking someones thread here to help me make a more informed decision when the time comes to part with the blue notes...lol :twisted: :twisted:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 11th, 2009, 3:19 pm

bunny wrote:until someone can truly show me something the i phone can do better or do more than the hd

10,000+ apps for the iPhone
what you need all them apps for?
depends on your needs

lemme see the HD do this
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vPho6ubtcDA&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed>

Add Shazam to that (Google it) and any app that uses the high resolution accelerometer that other phones dont have.

rodfarva
Riding on 17's

Postby rodfarva » April 11th, 2009, 11:39 pm

I'd like to see the iphone take a photo in the dark
or work with my Koss headphones
or have a replacable battery :|

points for looks tho

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 12th, 2009, 12:06 am

no camera can take a photo in the dark
you need light to take a photo :lol:
YOu are going to negate everything about an iPhone because it doesnt have a flash?

Your Koss headphones are bluetooth?
iPhone firmware ver3.0 supports A2DP
So it will work.

I bought my iPhone in 2007 and I still have it and never needed to replace the battery.

anyway this is getting repetitive
There is a reason why all these phone companies are trying hard to make an iPhone killer.
I've never heard of a Blackberry killer or a HTC killer or Nokia N97 killer.
You can only kill something once.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » April 12th, 2009, 12:17 am

Duane 3NE 2NR, yuh have Rev working on the iPhone for the Evo7 or what?

*stamps SE on the ground and walks away*

(i didnt actually do that... the phone still next to me... that is for those who thinking about buying it)

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » April 12th, 2009, 12:28 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:anyway this is getting repetitive
There is a reason why all these phone companies are trying hard to make an iPhone killer.
I've never heard of a Blackberry killer or a HTC killer or Nokia N97 killer.
You can only kill something once.

Sounds like a new terminator movie series in the making.

How many terminators did it take to kill John?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”