this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby trinidrift » April 13th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Preach brother
Jade_Inc. wrote:
Animal Pak wrote:I work for an international oil and gas company. We have over 250 employees. I can guarantee that each and every one of them was a pull in. They all have the required qualifications for their position. However is the link you need to separate the chaff from the wheat. The average HR is just not going to go through hundreds of resumes and do tens of interviews to get someone. That is just not how the world works in 2019. Either you make some friends or you make some roti. It is what it is.
It's all About who knows u and who u know... If u don't make friends or pull Smalls with people then crapaud smoke yuh pipe.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » April 13th, 2019, 8:04 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:So for the sake of engagement (brace yourself; unpopular opinion coming). If any one of you have a child (not nephew, neighbour or padna..your own child) that went to school, fought hard, graduated and thus became qualified for a position in the company that you also fought hard and climbed your way up in..all of you are saying that you'd leave your children to fight on their own afterwards? You wouldn't throw at least some of your weight behind them?? Bear in mind, they're qualified eh..no 'square peg, round hole just to make a money' kinda thing. You all are sending your children to school to become highly qualified just to shake their hands after it all and wish them the best in their endeavours?

I call BS.

You think this situation happens often? Nah jed. Most times you send the child to UWI to purposely get a degree in the field you have a big wuk in to ensure that they get a big job after.

Or even better, send the child to UWI to "just do something nah oh gosh, just get a degree" and take 4 years to get a bare pass degree in psychology and no minor. Then they get shoehorned into the HR department or something similar.

I agree, If somebody have a parent working in one of these companies they will ensure that their child does something pertaining in that field in order so that they can pull then into that company. In other words the recruitment process is reversed in that where other people would do their degree an then search for a job, they are just doing a degree with the intent that once they are finished they already have a work lined up.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » April 13th, 2019, 8:10 pm

I call BS.[/quote]I actually know of a very high ranking person in a certain oil company that will nit higher his highly qualified wife for professional reasons. Mind you, she meet and beat the requirements.
He is also a relative of mine. Can practically tell me show up for work monday. I never sent an application becausewe dont do it like that on this end. We get through on our own merit.[/quote]

I agree, I apply for many jobs but honestly I could know someone that may be working in that company but will never ask them for any assistance or to put in a good word for me, I just prefer to get things on my own and don't be dependent on anyone. I suppose that has to do with my values, but that's just the way I am.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Rule one, never help anyone to get a job where you work.

If you do and they f-up it comes back to you.

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » April 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Employee Referrals are an industry standard. That is just a fancy word for a link. Where I work you get a minimum of 2500 usd if your recommendation actually got the job. So it is encouraged. Either play the game or don’t. Just don’t complain that the game is rigged. Of course it is.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 13th, 2019, 10:16 pm

Animal Pak wrote:Employee Referrals are an industry standard. That is just a fancy word for a link. Where I work you get a minimum of 2500 usd if your recommendation actually got the job. So it is encouraged. Either play the game or don’t. Just don’t complain that the game is rigged. Of course it is.
It happens in the UK aswell, but they need to have the qualifications and

The difference is in trini they hire idiots with less skill & qualifications

Kixy
Riding on 13's

Postby Kixy » July 26th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Apparently big change is coming. Jpsl, Nhtl, ent 2k, cnsea, denov...

Pros want sharing and more sharing, who have more info?

All i know is people gona go home soon although they say yuh money good...

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 26th, 2019, 7:21 pm

More layoffs you say....

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » July 26th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Saw they have vacancies on their site.

Also heard is a rebranding but a restructuring may be present.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 26th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Kixy wrote:Apparently big change is coming. Jpsl, Nhtl, ent 2k, cnsea, denov...

This is well know long time. Pro man will be restructuring and its only obvious redundancy will be removed. Everything will be re branded under one company umbrella.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 26th, 2019, 10:56 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:

This is well know long time. Pro man will be restructuring and its only obvious redundancy will be removed. Everything will be re branded under one company umbrella.

If you hadn't mentioned Proman, I would have never figured out that the reference was to IPSL, MHTL, N2K, CNC and DeNovo, unless Kixy was being deliberate :?

phreakazoid
Trinituner Peong

Postby phreakazoid » July 27th, 2019, 12:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:

If you hadn't mentioned Proman, I would have never figured out that the reference was to IPSL, MHTL, N2K, CNC and DeNovo, unless Kixy was being deliberate :?
:D

iannar
Riding on 13's

Postby iannar » August 19th, 2019, 9:37 pm

I hear a talk that a certain Methanol/Ammonia plant operator cut ppl pay....anybody else hear dat?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » August 20th, 2019, 6:48 am

iannar wrote:I hear a talk that a certain Methanol/Ammonia plant operator cut ppl pay....anybody else hear dat?

A plant operator cut ppl pay?

phreakazoid
Trinituner Peong

Postby phreakazoid » August 20th, 2019, 5:37 pm

eitech wrote:
iannar wrote:I hear a talk that a certain Methanol/Ammonia plant operator cut ppl pay....anybody else hear dat?

A plant operator cut ppl pay?

I believe he is referring to the group collectively (the operating company) and not an individual.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 25th, 2019, 6:05 am

Rowley: Energy deal good for TT, B’dos

On the dotted line: Prime ministers Dr Keith Rowley and Mia Mottley observe as Energy Minister Franklin Khan (left) and his Barbados counterpart Wilfred Abrahams sign the MOU on energy cooperation in Bridgetown yesterday. Photo: Barbados PM Twitter account

Energy cooperation between TT and Barbados is good for both countries, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley said yesterday, as a memorandum of understanding was signed in Bridgetown.

The non-binding MOU, he said, laid the groundwork for discussions on hydrocarbon exploration that could lead to an agreement and a treaty.

However, key to any hydrocarbon discoveries would be how it is monetised, and if found in Barbados, the country would benefit from TT’s existing infrastructure, Rowley said in the presence of Barbadian prime minister Mia Mottley, as they witnessed the signing by Energy Minister Franklin Khan and his Barbadian counterpart Wilfred Abrahams.

“It is all good for Barbados and it is all good for Trinidad and Tobago,” Rowley said, noting that the ongoing exploration would attract a certain level of interest from Bridgetown.

“But that would be stymied by the market conditions as to where any find on the Barbados side go, because if you do find hydrocarbon, particularly gas, from the formation offshore, for it to be invested in, in any big and serious way there has to be a way to monetise it and bring it to market.”

Rowley said common sense would dictate that this market would be in TT “because our offshore infrastructure coming so close to Barbados as it would to bring the Trinidad gas to market, would give the Barbados acreage an attraction that other acreages around would not have because you are close to the infrastructure that brings the gas to market.”

In her remarks, Mottley said the MOU represents a “giant step” to secure her country’s future.

“We have always been very clear that our maritime jurisdiction is what is going to help us secure our future,” Mottley said noting “we are conscious that while Barbados is 166 square miles our maritime jurisdiction is 400 times that size.

“We know geographically that between our countries and Africa there is nothing but ocean and to that extent therefore the future augurs well for us on the eastern borders,” she told the signing ceremony. Mottley said that given the years of relationship between the two countries in the oil and energy sector, it made sense to pursue the initiative given her island’s limited land size “and our inability to handle massive industrial development on shore without serious dislocation of our population”.

She said also it made sense to cooperate with Port of Spain given the fact that Barbados is intent on being able to monetise its resources “so that we can secure the future of Barbadians to come, given also our determination and our recognition that it makes no sense to recreate when our family has already been in this business for more than a century and it is family with whom he have cooperated from the day we opened Barbados National Oil Company.”

Mottley said another factor in support of the agreement is BHP Billiton, which has acreages north of the median line in Barbados’ waters and south of the median line in TT so that “it is the most natural fit for us to take this step”.

BHP Billiton recently made gas discoveries in the north-eastern part of TT’s maritime acreage and have drilled a number of successful wells, some of which are quite close to the Barbadian border.

Mottley said Bridgetown understands that “we are binding our two countries together even further, not for the benefit of those of us who are in office today, but more so for those, who will come in the future, because we are securing the future by ensuring that the train that will flow will be able to benefit our citizens collectively.”

She said the cooperation also underscores the importance of the Caricom Single Market and Economy (CSME) that allows for the free movement of goods, services, skills and labour across the 15-member regional integration grouping of which both Barbados and TT are members.

She said should the exploration be successful it would through the export of capital and through the savings instrument and other financial instruments, underscore the commitments made during the special Caricom summit in TT last December on strengthening the CSME.

“That the CSME framework is designed now to be able to put attractive instruments there for the savings of the region to be deployed in the interest of the region to create growth at the national level, the regional level but also to benefit individual citizens such that they become beneficiaries of the patrimony of the region.”

Rowley emphasised the MOU would set out groundwork to encourage investors and should exploration begin, time would not be wasted on documentation and preparation for exploitation of the resources.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/08/25/rowley-energy-deal-good-for-tt-bdos/

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » August 27th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Saw this company advertising on facebook recently just thought I'd share it.

Feel free to comment and add any info. about the company if you have any.

Jobs Page
https://www.eldoradooffshore.com/job.html

Home Page
https://www.eldoradooffshore.com/index.html

I believe I saw their Trinbagonian email as: recruitment.tt@eldoradooffshore.com

The Guyanese email is recruitment.gy@eldoradooffshore.com

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 13th, 2019, 9:22 am

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 13th, 2019, 3:36 pm

FB_IMG_1573673777457.jpeg

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 13th, 2019, 3:45 pm

I think we immune to lay offs and plant shutdowns by now.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 13th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Les bleues transitioning to les greens

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » November 13th, 2019, 3:55 pm

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » November 13th, 2019, 5:40 pm

sounds like CNC all over again. Shut it all down. Gas too expensive. Make no sense running plants here when shale cheaper elsewhere. I expect more shutdowns to come. Ngc can't survive the way they goin.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 16th, 2019, 6:33 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... SSN7kavwIc

they put the article in a paywall. it says that owtu want to buy tringen1, since it down.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 16th, 2019, 7:02 am

Here i'll post it for you, and insert Imbert's smug face too for free:

OWTU wants to buy YARA

IF Yara Trinidad Ltd is prepared to sell, the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU) is prepared to buy.

OWTU president general Ancel Roget made this declaration yesterday, even as the union still awaits the final thumbs-up from the Government regarding its bid to purchase the assets of the Pointe-a-Pierre oil refinery.

On Monday, Yara announced the closure of its smallest ammonia plant in Point Lisas, effective December 31. The plant is one of three ammonia plants operated by Yara Trinidad Ltd (YTL).

It has an annual production capacity of approximately 270,000 tonnes of ammonia. The other two plants, Tringen I and Tringen II, are jointly owned by Norway-based Yara International ASA and the National Enterprises Ltd (NEL).

“Plant profitability has also been impacted by lower ammonia prices, and in addition negotiations with the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago (NGC) have failed to reach an agreement that could sustain plant operations,” YTL said in a statement on Wednesday.

The OWTU is the representing union for YTL employees. Roget was asked by reporters to address the closure of the plant yesterday during an event at the Radisson Hotel in Port of Spain to unveil the logo for the OWTU wholly-owned company Patriotic Energies and Technologies Ltd which had the winning bid to acquire the former Petrotrin refinery.

“We will be dealing with that comprehensively from this afternoon because we are going to meet with the comrades of Yara to prepare for a meeting with the company on Monday, because we are going to be responding in many different ways,” he said. Roget acknowledged that Yara faced many challenges, similar to the challenges of other gas users on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate.

“We are going to be making particular pronouncements on that. In our discussions with the company (on Monday) we are going to let them know that we will want an opportunity to do our due diligence...to examine those assets,” he said.

“And if at the end of the day no other solution is found...if they are prepared to sell, we are prepared to buy,” he said.
As he unveiled Patriotic’s logo, Roget said he was confident that “long before” the end of the month, the union will get feedback from the Government on its proposal to purchase the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery. With a bid of US$700 million, Patriotic was chosen by Government as the preferred bidder to buy the refinery.

Addressing a packed room of OWTU members, including former Petrotrin employees, Roget said the union was satisfied that it had met all ten requirements Government requested of it as a condition of the refinery acquisition. He made it clear that funding to restart the refinery will not come from the Government.

“We have not asked for, we have not been offered, we are not going to get engaged in negotiations in any way, shape or form...any kind of assistance from the Government. It is not coming from the Government,” Roget said.

Roget reiterated that the name of the OWTU’s financier could not be disclosed because that information was bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

However, he assured that the financier was “lawful, legal and legitimate”.

“At the appropriate time we will be announcing to the country who are all of the members of the consortium,” Roget said. He announced OWTU general secretary Richard Lee and education officer Ozzi Warwick as directors of Patriotic.

Roget outlined what the country could expect when the refinery is back up and running.

“We are going to get regular gasoline, that which is not now on the market. We are going to contribute as a good corporate citizen to arts and culture and sports. We are going to contribute, as a good corporate citizen, not only to fence-line communities, but to community development throughout Trinidad and Tobago. We are going to contribute to the very scarce foreign exchange that now exists in our country...to put back forex,” he said.

“Guaranteed supply of quality fuel to T&T to all of the motoring public. Guaranteed supply of products for our regional and extra-regional customers,” he added.

There will be “absolutely, positively, definitely” no political interference in the management of the company, he said.

“We will be stern, we will be swift to ensure that all workers are treated fairly, to ensure that all workers work safely, to ensure all workers put in more than a hard day’s work, to ensure proper compensation and proper pay. But we will not accept anything that resembles failure. Failure is not an option in Patriotic,” Roget said.

He said he will not be chief executive officer of the company but that Patriotic will be fully staffed with top management personnel with world-class refinery experience. He said once the refinery acquisition is finalised, all relevant information, including how many employees will be required to run the company, will be provided in “instalments”.

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 3rd, 2019, 11:45 am

Is it true that the newly hired operations staff of niquan energy...are not being paid by the company.Men under pressure again?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 3rd, 2019, 12:52 pm

sinister_14 wrote:Is it true that the newly hired operations staff of niquan energy...are not being paid by the company.Men under pressure again?
wouldnt doubt it, it sounded as reasonable as mlm business any how

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » December 9th, 2019, 9:32 am

sinister_14 wrote:Is it true that the newly hired operations staff of niquan energy...are not being paid by the company.Men under pressure again?

Where you get that info from? That sounding serious.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » December 9th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Any insights for any planning or engineer vacancies in the sector. Feel free to pm. Thanks

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”