Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 8:08 am

Not you alone.
Breds forget this NGC thing.
Just for the discussion.

I'm saying we already have the best quality people avoiding politics because it is what it is.

We have to thread a needle here to ENCOURAGE the right people to run the state enterprises.

Someone who has built reputation and maybe wealth over a lifetime will not take asymmetric risk at the tail end of it just to serve.

Business risk is what the board HAS to take.

Being hung out to dry by POLITICAL OPPONENTS because of a business failure is fair?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 8:48 am

Redman wrote:Not you alone.
Just for the discussion.

I'm saying we already have the best quality people avoiding politics because it is what it is.

We have to thread a needle here to ENCOURAGE the right people to run the state enterprises.

Someone who has built reputation and maybe wealth over a lifetime will not take asymmetric risk at the tail end of it just to serve.

Being hung out to dry by POLITICAL OPPONENTS because of a business failure is fair?
Breds forget this NGC thing.?

Red government fvcked up and dats wat u come with

Redpuss hul ur MC

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » September 17th, 2021, 10:19 am

Just for the discussion.

Your IQ is a negative number.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 10:29 am

Thank you for your knowledge and experience WK- clearly youve demonstrated both to the best of your ability.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » September 17th, 2021, 10:37 am

Redman wrote:Thank you for your knowledge and experience WK- clearly youve demonstrated both to the best of your ability.

Just because you're used to having cum on your back doesn't automatically make your comeback game strong as just proven by you.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 10:39 am

You sound like you well know.
lol

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 17th, 2021, 11:26 am

Has T&T made any partnerships with Guyana with respect to energy matters or we still hoping with Maduro?

https://oilnow.gy/featured/exxon-expect ... routledge/

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 11:30 am

Guyana already has a stance that Trinidad squandered its oil and have no intention of allowing us to do the same with theirs

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 12:06 pm

timelapse wrote:Guyana already has a stance that Trinidad squandered its oil and have no intention of allowing us to do the same with theirs
Red government squandered it bro not Trinidad

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 12:26 pm

zoom rader wrote:
timelapse wrote:Guyana already has a stance that Trinidad squandered its oil and have no intention of allowing us to do the same with theirs
Dem doh business which government.Trinidad politics don't matter outside of Trinidad.Trinidad waste the skunting oil.Uncle Bas was no better than the red party.He sold us out to BP

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 12:29 pm

timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dem doh business which government.Trinidad politics don't matter outside of Trinidad.Trinidad waste the skunting oil.Uncle Bas was no better than the red party.He sold us out to BP
Bas ran this country on $9 us a barrel bro

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » September 17th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Redman wrote:Business is risk.
Political dimension s add infinite layers of risk.

Normal business decisions especially at a board level require decisions to be made now that will have an indeterminate result in the future.
The world,the markets,ministers and government change.

Allyuh talking about state enterprises that throw money on projects that they shouldn't have, possibly because the Cabinet say so because ..politics.

What makes you think cabinet wouldn't throw money behind a politically driven law suit to nail an opposing party.Its great press and people lose interest but retain the negatives.

An individual will have to fund his defense privately while the political directorate doesn't.

This is fact.
This is done by both sides.
This has happened and is happening.

Neither of you would serve if there is exponentially more downside than there is upside.

Redman as you said, forget this yes. You're shifting the goalpost and we spinning top in mud. My stance remains that these are grown men and women. No one forces you to do anything.

If you're feeling forced to make a politically influenced decision, the responsible thing to do is to resign. Once you agree to facilitate, you're just as liable as those who 'forced your hand', and for some reason or the other, you don't want to accept that as fact.

I'm not saying Loquan et al was wrong..amof, I'm hoping that they're right and their insight is golden because our economy could definitely use the booster. But you say business is risk, well yes...that's why there's Risk Management. Risk Assessments. To identify the risk, and implement measures to mitigate risk to ALARP, and if even after that the organization is still too exposed? Eliminate the risk altogether. I highly doubt we have a bunch of executives all around the world that royally firetruck up millions of dollars, say 'oops', expect to keep their jobs AND then on top of that, ask for protection?

If it's that simple then who's guarding the guard? Like I said I respect your insight at times, but your PNM-apologist nature in the face of 'yeah they probably firetrucked-up' really derails your credibility pal.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 12:39 pm

zoom rader wrote:
timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Watch the long term tax break that BP got.Big business always uses the excuse that it provides labour and uses that to leverage tax breaks.That tax break would have come in handy later on.Just as the PNM mismanaged the oil boom long term so did the silver fox.That being said, Brian Quaitong was still the best finance minister we ever had

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 12:57 pm

timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Watch the long term tax break that BP got.Big business always uses the excuse that it provides labour and uses that to leverage tax breaks.That tax break would have come in handy later on.Just as the PNM mismanaged the oil boom long term so did the silver fox.That being said, Brian Quaitong was still the best finance minister we ever had
Bas had 6 years where as the red government had it since 1956.

You cannot compare Bas term where he had to sort out the red government mess .

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 1:51 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

Normal business decisions especially at a board level require decisions to be made now that will have an indeterminate result in the future.

Allyuh talking about state enterprises that throw money on projects that they shouldn't have, possibly because the Cabinet say so because ..politics.

What makes you think cabinet wouldn't throw money behind a politically driven law suit to nail an opposing party.Its great press and people lose interest but retain the negatives.

An individual will have to fund his defense privately while the political directorate doesn't.

This is fact.

Neither of you would serve if there is exponentially more downside than there is upside.

Redman as you said, forget this yes. You're shifting the goalpost and we spinning top in mud. My stance remains that these are grown men and women. No one forces you to do anything.

If you're feeling forced to make a politically influenced decision, the responsible thing to do is to resign. Once you agree to facilitate, you're just as liable as those who 'forced your hand', and for some reason or the other, you don't want to accept that as fact.

I'm not saying Loquan et al was wrong..amof, I'm hoping that they're right and their insight is golden because our economy could definitely use the booster. But you say business is risk, well yes...that's why there's Risk Management. Risk Assessments. To identify the risk, and implement measures to mitigate risk to ALARP, and if even after that the organization is still too exposed? Eliminate the risk altogether. I highly doubt we have a bunch of executives all around the world that royally firetruck up millions of dollars, say 'oops', expect to keep their jobs AND then on top of that, ask for protection?

If it's that simple then who's guarding the guard? Like I said I respect your insight at times, but your PNM-apologist nature in the face of 'yeah they probably firetrucked-up' really derails your credibility pal.

Wrong is wrong pal.
If NGC board did crap let them account for themselves.
Factually,
I have not mentioned NGC or Loquan or anything other than hypothetical questions in any of my post.
I've said forget party.FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS DISCUSSION
How does that amount a defense of anything?

How does me stating that the stupidity I'm questioning is done by both sides and is happening now amount to an PNM apologist position?

It's a uniform dynamic that happens when govts change.
And not only to board members..

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 4:49 pm

Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

This is fact.

Wrong is wrong pal.
Factually,
I have not mentioned NGC or Loquan or anything other than hypothetical questions in any of my post.

How does me stating that the stupidity I'm questioning is done by both sides and is happening now amount to an PNM apologist position?

NGC is political appointments.It is difficult to separate those issues

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2021, 4:53 pm

Ngc board did rubbish, as we industry men had forecasted.
ANDDDDD, the board took a directive from Rowley.
Thar does not excuse them, it merely widens the scope of incompetence.

The thing bout exon moving to Guyana, they have a future oil gas industry, Trinidad's hay day is over. We are on the way outs.

Recovering gas from waste is not going to break even. Because u have to scrub out the unwanted gases, then boost pressure. Those are costs that may just just eat the profit u get from selling that gas.

It's more feasible to just incinerate it out right into a furnace and run some gas generators.

Wind in tnt is not steady enough for those large machines to tolerate over a long time. The repeated material Stress from the variable winds will reduce the life span and u can't predict how far it will go to Break even.

Solar can work if it utilizes the roofs already built. So that would mean tie in to the grid by the individual houses. U cant clear land to put up a solar farm. We need that for hdc and planting and wildlife.

Trinidad energy industry is on the outs in the next decade or decade and a half.

What u have now is the most u will have. Utilize this plateau revenue to get ur upcoming generations out. Cause is rawanda and Haiti conditions... In a timing.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 5:00 pm

timelapse wrote:
Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

This is fact.

Wrong is wrong pal.
Factually,

So any decision will come under hindsight scrutiny,by members of another political party.

Marginal or otherwise.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 6:21 pm

Redman wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

This is fact.

Wrong is wrong pal.
Factually,

So any decision will come under hindsight scrutiny,by members of another political party.

Marginal or otherwise.
Correct is right.Thats how these conmen managers escape.They let politics take the spotlight and disappear.Calder, Ish,Johnny O, Lalla made full use of that technique

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 6:45 pm

Boss the vast majority of all the board members of all the state enterprises EVER did their job properly.

I ask again...would you, me ,dragon Josh take on a board position that can open our personal life to hell in the form of a lawsuit funded by the next govt under the guise of malfeasance...?

It will make a tough job near impossible.That job being finding quality people willing to take on the bullsheit for small money and disproportionately large exposure.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2021, 8:46 pm

Just for the discussion.

:?

Forget 500 MILLION Dollars? :? The LFD RFD PNM answer to everything :roll: Nothing to see here keke keke keke
Don't try to suddenly moralize because a LFD RFD PNM Board got caught in sheit.
Where in the world can people preside over BILLION dollar decisions without a shred of accountability?
Where in the world can patently unqualified hacks of a ruling party get positions of such magnitude?
This kind of politically biased apathy is the reason why this sheit will continue.
Your stupid, repeated assertion of risk is also assuming that this incompetent board didn't know there was NO GAS to be had prior to committing $500 Million dollars of OUR money, so what sheit you talking about risk? :?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2021, 9:17 pm

Them fkeckars keep fulling each other pocket, under the guise of "we made a boo-boo", and none of them getting to face any consequences,
Last edited by sMASH on September 17th, 2021, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 17th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Not to digress but in other news AV drilling getting back the cats hill field soon. Habit 7 will be pleased

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » September 20th, 2021, 7:43 am

De Dragon wrote:
Just for the discussion.

:?

Forget 500 MILLION Dollars? :? The LFD RFD PNM answer to everything :roll: Nothing to see here keke keke keke
Don't try to suddenly moralize because a LFD RFD PNM Board got caught in sheit.
Where in the world can people preside over BILLION dollar decisions without a shred of accountability?
Where in the world can patently unqualified hacks of a ruling party get positions of such magnitude?
This kind of politically biased apathy is the reason why this sheit will continue.
Your stupid, repeated assertion of risk is also assuming that this incompetent board didn't know there was NO GAS to be had prior to committing $500 Million dollars of OUR money, so what sheit you talking about risk? :?

"Just forget it" is a new low for these morally and intellectually bankrupt apologists.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 20th, 2021, 8:01 am

alfa wrote:Not to digress but in other news AV drilling getting back the cats hill field soon. Habit 7 will be pleased
Month end to be exact...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 20th, 2021, 8:25 am

And your property tax will supplement their wallets *cough* the treasury very soon too

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » September 20th, 2021, 8:31 am

gastly369 wrote:
alfa wrote:Not to digress but in other news AV drilling getting back the cats hill field soon. Habit 7 will be pleased
Month end to be exact...

Corruption, crime, flooding, non maintenance of infrastructure and all economic and social issues are okay to PNM supporters as long as it is the PNM engaging in it. If you don't agree with them then you're racist or a lick bottom African.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 20th, 2021, 3:05 pm

BP starts up Matapal gas project off Trinidad

September 20, 2021, by Nermina Kulovic

BP said on Monday that this milestone was achieved by its bp Trinidad and Tobago (bpTT) unit ahead of schedule and under budget despite the constraints brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Matapal is bpTT’s second subsea development. It is comprised of three wells, which tie back into the existing Juniper platform, helping minimize development costs and the associated carbon footprint. It is located approximately 80km off the southeast coast of Trinidad and approximately 8km east of Juniper, in a water depth of 163 metres. The production from the Juniper project started in August 2017.

Matapal will deliver gas into the Trinidad gas market from resources discovered by the Savannah exploration well, drilled in 2017. The initial production from this development is expected to be in the range of 250-350 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd), once all wells are fully ramped up.

Claire Fitzpatrick, president bpTT, said: “Natural gas will play an important role in the energy transition and to the economy of Trinidad and Tobago for decades to come. This is why our team at bpTT has worked diligently to safely start up our Matapal project which we successfully achieved both under budget and ahead of schedule”.

BP sanctioned the Matapal project, together with the Cassia Compression project, in December 2018. The fabrication work on Matapal began in 2019. The project required modification to the existing Juniper platform as well as the construction and installation of new subsea equipment. The majority of fabrication work required to adapt the Juniper platform for new production was completed locally. Hydrocarbons from Matapal will be transported to the Juniper platform via two 9 km flexible flowlines.

Less than two months ago, Heerema’s giant semi-submersible heavy-lift vessel Thialf installed the Cassia Compression platform for bpTT. The platform jacket was installed in 2020. The next step in the project involves the hook-up and commissioning of the platform.

The Cassia C platform will enable bpTT to access and produce low-pressure gas reserves from currently-producing fields in the Greater Cassia area, thereby maximizing recovery from these existing resources.

https://www.offshore-energy.biz/bp-star ... -trinidad/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 20th, 2021, 3:08 pm

Wraith King wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Month end to be exact...

Corruption, crime, flooding, non maintenance of infrastructure and all economic and social issues are okay to PNM supporters as long as it is the PNM engaging in it. If you don't agree with them then you're racist or a lick bottom African.

So in your case they correct.

Jah bless the PNM.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 20th, 2021, 5:22 pm

No tank dip or level readings or flow trends available to cross check the quantities. All remaining is the signed receipts from Doekisingh to cross check the dips from nazim Baksh wells.

I wonder what was the fone call to Baksh that night. Was about.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”