Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby sMASH » June 4th, 2022, 3:34 pm

man seeing steam comin from petrotrin. like they gt with all the explosions
https://www.facebook.com/706877842/vide ... 6431304602

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 5th, 2022, 9:08 am

hover11 wrote:We keep depending on oil and gas yet preach about diversification. Too late shall be the cry, when it reality hits, then things will really get hard , we ain see nothing yet things still nice trinis for now.
De Dragon wrote:
Cantmis wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/business/deep-water-disappointment-as-only-4-of-17-blocks-picked-up-6.2.1501318.aef0bd22eb

That's what happens when you sit with your thumb firmly in your arse for 7 1/2 years.
More failure from JUHN Scarfy ,Goebbels and the LFD RFD PNM.
* awaits Red Colos or some other LFD RFD PNM moron to run in and say I unpatriotic* :roll:

Even Saudi Arabia, Qatar with some of the largest oil/gas reserves in the world on a major diversification effort years now. Our Head morons JUHN Scarfy's response? "diversify into what" and "diversification is an annoying word" :roll:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 5th, 2022, 11:18 am

They doing blue hydrogen project in tringen.
But no talk about what they going to do with the waste co2.
Unless they plan on creating more methanol plants.... With downstreams

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 6th, 2022, 12:38 am

sMASH wrote:They doing blue hydrogen project in tringen.
But no talk about what they going to do with the waste co2.
Unless they plan on creating more methanol plants.... With downstreams
Sell as refrigerant maybe?

Methanol picking up as fuel for marine transport vessels. So demand increasing.

I think maersk sign with proman for supply of fuel for 12 ships or supply and development I think. It's late and the brain tired.

But the issue still is gas supply for meth.

Doesn't look like DMFC will pick up with Toyotas announcement of nuclear diamond cells. But it's an alternative to ICE for regeneration. And never say never.

edit:

saw this

https://www.maersk.com/~/media_sc9/maer ... F6B777B3C5

container ship have to go back where they come from so they may as not go back empty :fadein:

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » June 6th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Electrolysis

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2022, 12:28 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
De Dragon wrote:We can't even supply ourselves with gas, yet this moron talking about ramping up production for Europe?
I may have missed it.

Zandolie start producing anything yet?

I see they at least making efforts to be self sufficient by ensuring their own gas supply and won the award for best decarbonization project.

We still dependant on oil and gas while martime fuel shifting towards methanol as a green source.

Yet we have morons in charge of energy who let methanol plants idle because of gas price and availability.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » June 6th, 2022, 12:38 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
De Dragon wrote:We can't even supply ourselves with gas, yet this moron talking about ramping up production for Europe?
I may have missed it.

I see they at least making efforts to be self sufficient by ensuring their own gas supply and won the award for best decarbonization project.

We still dependant on oil and gas while martime fuel shifting towards methanol as a green source.

Isn't methanol mostly formed from natural gas?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 6th, 2022, 12:43 pm

teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

Yes, but the world isn't going to shift away from natural gas and oil anytime soon. The problem is in addition to the cleaner, now desirable methanol produced, there are additional benefits via taxes, port fees, employment, sales etc that we are forgoing by not having gas available and competitively priced.. Also, some methanol plants use CO2 as feedstock to increase productivity, so there is additional benefit there as well.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 6th, 2022, 3:03 pm

teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

As said above electrolysis is an option.

And we have extra capacity from tgu that was originally built for the smelter which never happened.

Desalcott in primary location for things to happen but demands.

There are package desalination / reverse osmosis plants available that can forgoe strain on desal infrastructure.

And we may have extra extra CO2 now.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 6th, 2022, 4:39 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

And we have extra capacity from tgu that was originally built for the smelter which never happened.

There are package desalination / reverse osmosis plants available that can forgoe strain on desal infrastructure.

Can it be used for lasers?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 6th, 2022, 8:04 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

They have extra capacity, but no gas to fuel that capacity.
No gas to run up the extra methanol plants,
No gas to run up extra reformer/blue hydrogen unit,
No gas to run any additional MeOH plants to absorb additional co2
No gas to run up train 1
Not gas to make the sheit he talk on Richard quest believable.

Like voters in tobago Ridge... We have no gas there!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 6th, 2022, 8:55 pm

timelapse wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

Can it be used for lasers?
You mean cooling?

CO2 iirc r700 runs high head pressures and need special lines and compressors in most instances. Not the stuff you buy in the corner shops.

It's good but not popular.

R404 is usually the most viable candidate for low temperatures seconded by r134a.

New kid on the block is r600 ie isobutane. Very low head pressures but most systems limited in size by the volume approved for use. I assume for safety reasons.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 6th, 2022, 9:54 pm

CO2 lasers as in the kind they use for medical and skin treatment or cutting lasers?

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » June 19th, 2022, 2:27 pm

Chief Executive Officer

https://g.co/kgs/QV6sPj

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2022, 6:11 pm

Trying to find a CEO on linkedIn?

Why didn't they use CaribbeanJobs?

"A Masters of Business Administration will be an asset."
Tell the guy in the Best MBA thread to check it out.

At the upper limit of the salary per month $36,000.00 if they used OJT's (costing $8,712.00 per month) they could hire 4 post graduate OJT's.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 19th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Cantmis wrote:Chief Executive Officer

r they gearsing up to let one go... from the paria divers death thing?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 19th, 2022, 8:08 pm

sMASH wrote:
Cantmis wrote:Chief Executive Officer

r they gearsing up to let one go... from the paria divers death thing?

Nah tanty Arlene retiring

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 20th, 2022, 12:26 am

https://www.methanex.com/about-methanol ... hicle-fuel

seeing methanex talking about m100 (straight methanol) in production vehicles. Apparently its already happening.

Methanol is being used in vehicles around the world, particularly in China, which is the world’s largest user of methanol for automotive fuel.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 20th, 2022, 6:47 am

nervewrecker wrote:https://www.methanex.com/about-methanol/methanol-vehicle-fuel

seeing methanex talking about m100 (straight methanol) in production vehicles. Apparently its already happening.

Methanol is being used in vehicles around the world, particularly in China, which is the world’s largest user of methanol for automotive fuel.

what about the rubbers and plastics?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 20th, 2022, 2:24 pm

I will like to believe its vehicles modded to accommodate it or special manufacture.

From research I know different injectors are needed, iirc stainless steel lines and tanks. Methanol having a lower energy density than conventional gasoline needs larger volumes injected per combustion cycle so bigger injectors are required or higher cycle duty.

Research also revealed that oil changes are needed more frequent as meth being a good solvent put engines at a higher risk of bore wash and oil wold get contaminated faster from meths low viscosity. Lower reves (not 9k redline) would be a probable requirement to prevent bore wash.

Cylinder sleeving for aluminium blocks should ease corrosion in gasoline types.

Meth itself cools cylinder chambers on injection instances so overall engines run cooler and so long for predetonation.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 20th, 2022, 3:31 pm

What Is a CO2 Laser Treatment?
"It's a carbon dioxide laser used for skin resurfacing," says New York-based dermatologist Dr. Hadley King. "It vaporizes thin layers of skin, creating a controlled injury and as the skin heals, collagen is produced as part of the wound healing process."

With the right kinda usage, this country could make a mint on acne ,burn and other skin care treatment.I jus saying

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 20th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Liquid CO2 is an excellent solvent as well.

Wanted to use it to clean engine bay. But water vapor from the air keeps freezing inside the lines.

Got some carbon steel pipe from SSL rated for 3000 psi and loaded it with dry ice. Next rounds I will pre fill the lines with nitrogen.

Have steel braided lines rated for 2000 psi.

900 psi is easy to rustle up at ambient temps with stored CO2.

A flush kit for flushing refrigerant lines of residual oil is $750.00 and solvent is over $100.00 for a small amount. CO2 leaves no residue and requires no propellant to move the solvent through the system. A bag of dry ice is just over $50.00. it's a no brainer as to which is the better option..

Some of the guys use it for indoor canabis cultivation. On tank regulator with timer relay and solenoid to vent some low pressure CO2 in the grow room every so often.

CO2 has lots of uses but the sellers just not marketing it.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 21st, 2022, 6:58 am

nervewrecker wrote:I will like to believe its vehicles modded to accommodate it or special manufacture.

From research I know different injectors are needed, iirc stainless steel lines and tanks. Methanol having a lower energy density than conventional gasoline needs larger volumes injected per combustion cycle so bigger injectors are required or higher cycle duty.

Research also revealed that oil changes are needed more frequent as meth being a good solvent put engines at a higher risk of bore wash and oil wold get contaminated faster from meths low viscosity. Lower reves (not 9k redline) would be a probable requirement to prevent bore wash.

Cylinder sleeving for aluminium blocks should ease corrosion in gasoline types.

Meth itself cools cylinder chambers on injection instances so overall engines run cooler and so long for predetonation.

Indeed E85 (ethanol) tunes were/are commonplace in the US market, and they do indeed require larger injectors, pumps, higher IDCs etc etc to make the equivalent HPs from say, a straight gasolene tune.

Stands to reason I suppose that pure/blended methanol/MeOH as a fuel would behave similarly I guess....and MeOH does have a higher GGE (i.e. lower specific output per unit vol).

That said, the above considers that a tuner is trying to make XYZ hp from a given tune on an engine - gas map and E85 map.

For a regular street driven car with no specific HP expectations, a swtich from gas to MeOH may just result in less power at that point, assuming the engine runs properly with no issues (no idea if the latter will occur).

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2022, 8:52 am

by chance, any one knows if the urea plant in nutrien, if that's currently producing urea?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

Looks like I was ahead of myself

DeNovo Energy has started gas production from the offshore Zandolie field in Trinidad & Tobago.

The field, located in the Gulf of Paria off the west coast of Trinidad, is DeNovo’s second offshore development following the Iguana field development in the same Block 1(a).

The $52-million investment by the Trinidad-based DeNovo demonstrates the company’s commitment to increasing Trinidad’s natural gas supply by developing stranded and marginal gas reserves, it said in a statement.

Gas from the field is produced through a single well, conductor-supported platform with a nameplate capacity of 40 MMcf/D of gas.

This unmanned facilities platform, designed by UK-based offshore engineering firm Aquaterra Energy, is installed in 20 m of water, and tied back to the Iguana platform.

The Aquaterra Sea Swift conductor-supported platform design is powered by a wind turbine and a solar bank. Use of the dual-energy resource reduces intermittency risk and includes a battery to store excess power.

Additionally, the platform is equipped with an intelligent monitoring technology that alerts personnel through onshore systems when a maintenance visit is required.

The integration of renewable resources makes Zandolie the first design of its kind in Trinidad and Tobago, according to DeNovo.

"This critical milestone in DeNovo's second field development highlights the drive by the team to constantly improve and learn. We pushed ourselves to deliver a greener and more local platform," said DeNovo's Managing Director, Bryan Ramsumair, in the release.

"The result is that the Zandolie platform is a local fabrication which is 100% powered by renewable energy—and which will minimize the carbon footprint of our operations.”

Aquaterra was awarded the front-end engineering and design contract for the project in May 2020. The firm had previously designed, built, and installed a Sea Swift conductor-supported platform for DeNovo at the Iguana field in 2018.

The field development builds off the existing Iguana infrastructure enabling a more- compact topside structure that is lighter and more efficient, according to DeNovo.

“It is our intention to keep acquiring access to new acreage to allow us to do more projects like this on a regular basis,” said Ramsumair. “With Zandolie, DeNovo is demonstrating that our future energy industry can be done locally and with a lower carbon footprint—both aligned to the country's development objectives."

Construction of the platform was completed at the United Engineering Services Limited local fabrication yard. The Zandolie drilling campaign was also safely conducted by the local Well Services jackup Rig 110.

DeNovo Energy, part of the Proman family of companies, holds an 80% interest in Zandolie and is operator of the field. The National Gas Company of Trinidad & Tobago holds the remaining 20% interest.

https://jpt.spe.org/denovo-energy-bring ... dad-tobago

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 30th, 2022, 11:41 pm

Second methanol fueled marine vessel is here.

Same company.

I lapsing on the news updates. Busy with something else.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 31st, 2022, 11:03 am

Nutrien hiring people btw.
Operator in training
E&I Tech in training
Lab Tech in training
Mechanical Tech in training
Fire and Safety Tech in training
Process Safety Engineering Tech in training
Draughting and Document Control in training
18 month blended training(classroom and field).
Hired upon completion
http://www.nutrien.com/careers
Deadline August 5th 2022

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 31st, 2022, 12:37 pm

Last I saw the ad it said WIT, women in training.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 3rd, 2022, 4:05 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
teems1 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
I may have missed it.

These posts seem to not be falling in deaf ears.

Wait for it....

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 6th, 2022, 11:52 pm

Looks like the government trying to resurrect the Dragon Deal with Venezuela

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”