Forums

The | US Embassy | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The | US Embassy | Thread

Postby redmanjp » October 3rd, 2022, 10:25 pm

maj. tom wrote:you going to try it, or what?

Also you don't think it's weird that you randomly interjecting your homotransciseroticgender fanstasies as "fears" in a US Visa thread is a bit sus? You kind of do it a lot... no, no, I won't say any more. You have to discover this on your own!

who said i wanted to try it? but perhaps someone can - i mean if u get rejected u can claim discrimination against a person with special status- they bound to give u a visa.

simplejack
Sweet on this forum

Postby simplejack » October 4th, 2022, 10:50 am

jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:-Renewal application completed online on July 3, 2022.
- Got email on September 15, 2022 to submit passport via DHL
- Submitted on Sep 20 and delivered to embassy on Sep 21, 2022

Waiting to see when passport with visa is returned...

Update:
September 29 - Visa status on website changed to "APPROVED"

Next step should be notification from DHL that passport is being returned.

Still waiting in the queue and I applied a week after you :(

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 4th, 2022, 11:32 am

jsm1985 wrote:

Update:

Update:
October 3 - Visa "Issued"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2022, 3:52 pm

exactly where is DHL sending your passport?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2022, 3:55 pm

depends on what you paid for

they will send it to dhl head office in el socorro for you to pick up

or directly to your address at home

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2022, 3:57 pm

no i mean is it being sent to a US location?

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 4th, 2022, 4:37 pm

redmanjp wrote:exactly where is DHL sending your passport?

Applicant is a TT citizen/ resident, being returned to DHL office El Socorro.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 6th, 2022, 10:54 am

jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:

Update:

Update:

Update:
October 6 - Passport ready for collection at DHL office.

Total time to renew an existing US Visa with an interview waiver via mail in service: 3 months.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 6th, 2022, 12:19 pm

jsm1985 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:exactly where is DHL sending your passport?

Applicant is a TT citizen/ resident, being returned to DHL office El Socorro.

i meant where is it sent to begin with?

simplejack
Sweet on this forum

Postby simplejack » October 8th, 2022, 8:24 am

jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:

Update:

Update:

Update:

Total time to renew an existing US Visa with an interview waiver via mail in service: 3 months.

Hey JSM,
Did you have to take passport pictures when you were submitting your package or did the picture you uploaded when you were completing the application suffice? Also did the email they sent to submit say if you were successful or not? Or only after you submit it via DHL and it reach the embassy would it be updated if you are approved or denied?
Last edited by simplejack on October 8th, 2022, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » October 10th, 2022, 10:59 am

simplejack wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:

Update:

Update:

Update:

Hey JSM,
Did you have to take passport pictures when you were submitting your package or did the picture you uploaded when you were completing the application suffice? Also did the email they sent to submit say if you were successful or not? Or only after you submit it via DHL and it reach the embassy would it be updated if you are approved or denied?

Yes needed to submit a passport photo with the documents.
There was no email saying the application was approved, you have to check on the website for the application status.
Only after documents are submitted the status changed to approved, then issued.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » October 10th, 2022, 11:42 am

Hmmm…. Anyone know what the wait time like to get a greencard application through the system?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 10th, 2022, 12:30 pm

xtech wrote:Hmmm…. Anyone know what the wait time like to get a greencard application through the system?
The answer depends on your current immigration status, how you qualify and where you apply.

The range is from about 8 months to more than 24 years (yes, years).

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 10th, 2022, 5:13 pm

adnj wrote:
xtech wrote:Hmmm…. Anyone know what the wait time like to get a greencard application through the system?
The answer depends on your current immigration status, how you qualify and where you apply.

The range is from about 8 months to more than 24 years (yes, years).

may be reduced if u already have family who became citizens.

simplejack
Sweet on this forum

Postby simplejack » October 11th, 2022, 10:59 am

jsm1985 wrote:
simplejack wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:
jsm1985 wrote:

Update:

Update:

Update:

Hey JSM,

Yes needed to submit a passport photo with the documents.
There was no email saying the application was approved, you have to check on the website for the application status.
Only after documents are submitted the status changed to approved, then issued.

Thanks bro, got the email Friday evening to submit my documents and I did it yesterday at DHL. Hoping to see the status updated to approved/issued soon enough then.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » October 11th, 2022, 6:50 pm

You need to send the actual passport pic but after They sent back the passport photo in my relative passport.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 2nd, 2022, 7:53 am

On November 14, Vice President Kamala Harris swore in Candace Bond as the next United States Ambassador to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

https://tt.usembassy.gov/candance-bond-sworn-in-as-next-ambassador-to-trinidad-and-tobago/

U.S. Ambassador-designate to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Candace A. Bond and her family arrived in Port of Spain on December 1. Ambassador-designate Bond will officially assume duties after the presentation of her Letters of Credence to President Paula-Mae Weekes.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/us-ambassador-arrives-in-tt-6.2.1579754.bfdcdbe232

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 2nd, 2022, 8:09 am

President Paula who?

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » December 12th, 2022, 1:06 pm

Anyone got refused recently? I didn't require an interview for my renewal. I checked my status earlier today and it said refused. The status on the application website still says 'send documents' but I haven't received an email requesting additional documents so I'm confused right now.

Has anyone had this happen to them and if so what was your outcome?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 12th, 2022, 1:12 pm

Check your email and see if they cancelled your interview waiver and requested that you schedule an interview instead

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » December 12th, 2022, 1:23 pm

If your application is in administrative processing (221g) meaning background check sometimes it will show refused, after the check is done it will show issued then approved , usually it takes 2-4 weeks to search.

When an applicant is refused under 221(g), it means the consular officer determined that the applicant was not eligible for a visa after completing and executing the visa application and any required interview. It is possible that a consular officer will reconsider a visa application refused under 221(g) at a later date, based on additional information or upon the resolution of administrative processing, and determine that the applicant is eligible. When a consular officer refuses a case under 221(g), she or he will convey to the applicant whether the applicant is required to provide any further documentation or information, or whether the case requires additional administrative processing.

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » December 12th, 2022, 1:48 pm

They haven't sent me an email yet but I haven't ever received emails or texts from them even though I registered for that. I kept checking the official status website for updates but it only said 'No Status' until recentl. If I didn't listen to my gut and logged back into the visa wizard I would've never known that the status changed to 'Send Documents', after I submitted the documents the status changed to Application Received, and has now changed to Refused.

I recently updated my email on the website to see if that fixes the issue but I am not sure. I called them earlier and they said they couldn't give me much information beyond confirming everything I am seeing on the site.

I don't know under which grounds it was refused but this is what the official status website says.

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Refused
Application ID or Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Case Created: 07-Dec-2022
Case Last Updated: 12-Dec-2022

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Port of Spain.
Last edited by leavingforgood on December 12th, 2022, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » December 12th, 2022, 1:54 pm

leavingforgood wrote:They haven't sent me an email yet but I haven't ever received emails or texts from them even though I registered for that. I kept checking the official status website for updates but it only said 'No Status'. If I didn't listen to my gut and logged back into the visa wizard I would've never known that the status changed to 'Send Documents'.

I recently updated my email on the website to see if that fixes the issue but I am not sure. I called them earlier and they said they couldn't give me much information beyond confirming everything I am seeing on the site.

I don't know under which grounds it was refused but this is what the official status website says.

U.S. Department of State
Refused

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

Check your application status here
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » December 12th, 2022, 1:55 pm

Xplode wrote:
leavingforgood wrote:They haven't sent me an email yet but I haven't ever received emails or texts from them even though I registered for that. I kept checking the official status website for updates but it only said 'No Status' until recently. If I didn't listen to my gut and logged back into the visa wizard I would've never known that the status changed to 'Send Documents', after I submitted the documents the status changed to Application Received, and has now changed to Refused.

U.S. Department of State
Refused

That's the site where I see the Refused status and the visa wizard is the site I'm seeing the Send Documents status

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » December 12th, 2022, 2:05 pm

leavingforgood wrote:
Xplode wrote:
leavingforgood wrote:They haven't sent me an email yet but I haven't ever received emails or texts from them even though I registered for that. I kept checking the official status website for updates but it only said 'No Status' until recently. If I didn't listen to my gut and logged back into the visa wizard I would've never known that the status changed to 'Send Documents', after I submitted the documents the status changed to Application Received, and has now changed to Refused.

U.S. Department of State
Refused

That's the site where I see the Refused status and the visa wizard is the site I'm seeing the Send Documents status

The site with the refused status whats the explanation , did you expand the words ? it should have the 221g or 214b

and what documents it wants, guessing after the search its your passport for visa stamping .

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » December 12th, 2022, 2:09 pm

Xplode wrote:
leavingforgood wrote:
Xplode wrote:

U.S. Department of State
Refused

The site with the refused status whats the explanation , did you expand the words ? it should have the 221g or 214b

and what documents it wants, guessing after the search its your passport for visa stamping .

It has nothing further. What I copied and pasted is exactly what's there. The only clickable link is "please visit U.S. Embassy Port of Spain."

Does that mean it was outright refused? I've never had a visa refused for any country before and this would be my third US visa so I don't know why it would be refused.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » December 12th, 2022, 2:15 pm

dont worry its under admin processing just wait a wile for instructions.

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » December 12th, 2022, 2:17 pm

Ok great. Thank you.

I'll update when I get more information.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » December 13th, 2022, 4:11 am

leavingforgood wrote:Ok great. Thank you.

I'll update when I get more information.

I wouldn’t grant a visitor visa to you either with a username like that sir.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 13th, 2022, 6:35 am

yeah boy I hope you know these days that a USA background check means online activity and social media handles too. This is the federal government resources they using.

But maybe that has no bearing.

Try again next year.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”