Forums

The | US Embassy | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

st7
punchin NOS

Re: The | US Embassy | Thread

Postby st7 » March 30th, 2023, 9:27 am

paid_influencer wrote:they only did interview waivers as a covid measure. now that covid done, they going back to interviews and from next year every man jack will have to go for interview.

dont know if you being ignorant as always but -

https://tt.usembassy.gov/visas/
Applicants applying in the same visa class and whose previous visa expired within the last 48 months may be eligible for interview waiver.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 30th, 2023, 9:49 am

st7 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:they only did interview waivers as a covid measure. now that covid done, they going back to interviews and from next year every man jack will have to go for interview.

Applicants applying in the same visa class and whose previous visa expired within the last 48 months may be eligible for interview waiver.

yes persons may be eligible

OracleTnT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby OracleTnT » March 30th, 2023, 9:56 am

paid_influencer wrote:
st7 wrote:

Cool, but do you have to apply for the waiver?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 30th, 2023, 10:05 am

in the usvisa.info website when you put in the application it will auto-detect a renewal of the same class within 48 months. it will inform you about the waiver eligibility and pop up a lil box with some checkboxes with questions. based on those results it will say yea you can get maybe an interview waiver unless the embassy says no and put you in the queue. then wait a few months and it will ask you to send docs. my grandma set docs and got her visa at that point no interview.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 30th, 2023, 11:38 am

OracleTnT wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
st7 wrote:

No. The site gives you the option if you're eligible. If you didn't see it, then you have to go in.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » March 30th, 2023, 12:11 pm

I heard the visa rates increase?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 30th, 2023, 1:11 pm

It did. About $25usd I think I saw.
A us visa is like cigarettes and alcohol. No matter the cost it would never detract from ppl wanting it.

OracleTnT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby OracleTnT » March 31st, 2023, 8:56 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
OracleTnT wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
st7 wrote:

No. The site gives you the option if you're eligible. If you didn't see it, then you have to go in.

Thanks very much, I just wanted to be sure about the process.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2023, 2:10 am

Rel Trinis getting their ass blank for visas.

Those who lied to the Embassy about their intentions and never returned are making it bad for others. Also the history of the family members indicated on the application forms contributes substantially to the rejection.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » April 1st, 2023, 11:29 am

MaxPower wrote:Rel Trinis getting their ass blank for visas.

Those who lied to the Embassy about their intentions and never returned are making it bad for others. Also the history of the family members indicated on the application forms contributes substantially to the rejection.

Max yuh talking $hit, I'm a green card holder in Florida, both nephews had recent renew visas from waived to in person , both turn young adults 20 and 22 , both went up same interview time and dates , the us consular asked 3 questions , i personally put a letter together with my company heading and logo saying I'm inviting them to come see and train about my rain leaf filter gutter system so they can come back T&T and start they own contracting company and all expenses will be paid by me ,uncle.

1st ? is that you brother ,did he come with you asked if he can join you
ok

2nd ? are you going to work get paid for jobs or training in Florida
no

3rd ? How long the stay is for
1 month

consular, ok your visas are approved enjoy .

My citizen application is its interview stage this month for me , i pay my taxes and never been in trouble ,only red light camera tickets and parking next to a fire hydrant for the entire 7 years i migrated , so max the history of family members does help family get approved visas .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

The | US Embassy | Thread

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2023, 12:54 pm

Xplode wrote:Max yuh talking $hit, I'm a green card holder in Florida, both nephews had recent renew visas from waived to in person , both turn young adults 20 and 22 , both went up same interview time and dates , the us consular asked 3 questions , i personally put a letter together with my company heading and logo saying I'm inviting them to come see and train about my rain leaf filter gutter system so they can come back T&T and start they own contracting company and all expenses will be paid by me ,uncle.

ok

no

1 month

My citizen application is its interview stage this month for me , i pay my taxes and never been in trouble ,only red light camera tickets and parking next to a fire hydrant for the entire 7 years i migrated , so max the history of family members does help family get approved visas .

Xp, in your case, it’s favorable for the applicant as you appear to be trouble free and squeaky clean in the US.

The questions the embassy asks varies depending on the applicant. They reviewed the information of your good self and made a decision, so yes, your history did assist in their approval.

On the other hand Xp, what if the indicated family members have questionable backgrounds? Some can be criminals or have previous relatives that used their name and overstayed/never returned. You would be very surprised about the amount of information the Embassy has. There are dishonest Trinis who have withheld information asked on the form and during the interview they are caught lying.

Embassy: so tell me Narry, do you have any relation to XYZ?

Trini: n-n-no s-s-sir me eh know who is dat.

Embassy: well, this person came from your current address in T&T 10 years ago and never returned. What about the person you will be staying by in the US? You have had your siblings who used this same address 5 years ago and never returned. OK your visas are approved enjoy.

So Xp, we can say the history of family members may or may not assist in approvals.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2023, 1:22 pm

On another note, putting a lump sum in an account months before the application to make the bank statement “look good” doesn’t really help and necessarily a good “tie”. Trinis never saw that money in their account all their lives and now suddenly a coincident deposit? The Embassy is not stupid.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » April 8th, 2023, 3:58 pm

Crosspost:

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:US Embassy officially takes over Country Club as new USD $400m site coming

The US State Department officially announced the acquisition of 137 Long Circular Road, Maraval. US Ambassador Candace Bond officially signed off on the deal on April 5. She said over $400 million USD will be spent on the project.

“The U.S. Government’s commitment to the construction of a new embassy is a powerful indicator of the longstanding, robust relationship between the people and government of the United States and the people and government of Trinidad and Tobago,” Ambassador Bond said.

“The U.S. government will invest more than US$400 million to plan, design, and build the new U.S. Embassy. In addition to providing scores of jobs during the new embassy’s construction, the project will showcase state-of-the-art and eco-friendly designs and materials. It will also allow the U.S. Embassy to better serve our constituents, improve the experience for visa applicants, and provide new and improved facilities and services for those conducting business with the U.S. Government.”

Rumours swirled for years about the potential purchase of the site. It was reported just about one year ago in April 2022 the Embassy had purchased the site. Country Club was a major event space. The National Trust had also considered the site to be considered for notation and preservation.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/us-embassy-offic ... te-coming/

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 11th, 2023, 3:26 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Xplode wrote:Max yuh talking $hit, I'm a green card holder in Florida, both nephews had recent renew visas from waived to in person , both turn young adults 20 and 22 , both went up same interview time and dates , the us consular asked 3 questions , i personally put a letter together with my company heading and logo saying I'm inviting them to come see and train about my rain leaf filter gutter system so they can come back T&T and start they own contracting company and all expenses will be paid by me ,uncle.

ok

no

1 month

Xp, in your case, it’s favorable for the applicant as you appear to be trouble free and squeaky clean in the US.

The questions the embassy asks varies depending on the applicant. They reviewed the information of your good self and made a decision, so yes, your history did assist in their approval.

On the other hand Xp, what if the indicated family members have questionable backgrounds? Some can be criminals or have previous relatives that used their name and overstayed/never returned. You would be very surprised about the amount of information the Embassy has. There are dishonest Trinis who have withheld information asked on the form and during the interview they are caught lying.

Embassy: so tell me Narry, do you have any relation to XYZ?

Trini: n-n-no s-s-sir me eh know who is dat.

Embassy: well, this person came from your current address in T&T 10 years ago and never returned. What about the person you will be staying by in the US? You have had your siblings who used this same address 5 years ago and never returned. OK your visas are approved enjoy.

So Xp, we can say the history of family members may or may not assist in approvals.

On all my visa applications I've only ever put a hotel I was thinking about staying at as my intended address.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 11th, 2023, 4:32 pm

last month during my interview
i was not even asked whom or where i would go by
only thing they asked is if i go how long my trips would be typically

there is no hard and fast rule
lot has to do with age of applicant and what they assume the circumstances are

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 11th, 2023, 4:57 pm

The US visa application process is certainly overtime going to respond to our economic, social and security profile as a country.
We are presently in a economic and social condition that would suggest that the numbers of applicants applying for visas with the intent of not returning home would be on the rise.
We are really no longer considered the Caribbean jewel and interestingly that mantle may now be moving to Guyana.
Presently the processing time does not allow for planning a proper vacation to be executed within a 2 month period with any certainty and slowly that levels of scrutiny is inching up.
We just have to accept our new reality and respect the US need to exercise their right to determine who they are willing to welcome.
In some ways T&T demonstrated the same disposition towards citizens of many of our caribbean neighbours.
This is just part of our new reality and if we continue on our present trajectory, things would not get better for us all.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 11th, 2023, 6:11 pm

toyolink wrote:The US visa application process is certainly overtime going to respond to our economic, social and security profile as a country.
We are presently in a economic and social condition that would suggest that the numbers of applicants applying for visas with the intent of not returning home would be on the rise.
We are really no longer considered the Caribbean jewel and interestingly that mantle may now be moving to Guyana.
Presently the processing time does not allow for planning a proper vacation to be executed within a 2 month period with any certainty and slowly that levels of scrutiny is inching up.
We just have to accept our new reality and respect the US need to exercise their right to determine who they are willing to welcome.
In some ways T&T demonstrated the same disposition towards citizens of many of our caribbean neighbours.
This is just part of our new reality and if we continue on our present trajectory, things would not get better for us all.
As high as Trinidadian nationals' US visa overstay ratio may be, Guyanese nationals have been overstaying their US visa at a rate 6× higher.

Now matter how much oil is pumped out of Guyana, its population is younger, poorer, less educated, and much more likely to be a US illegal immigration risk than Trinidad's population.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » April 12th, 2023, 4:15 pm

Had my Naturalization Interview and Test , passed everything ,next step U.S. Citizenship Oath of Allegiance Ceremony .

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 12th, 2023, 7:07 pm

yuh could put up flag in front yuh house now texan style

is your rainwater filter the slant type ?
we need to push a culture of ppl collecting rainwater here, anybody building a house should plan and plumb for that

Xplode wrote:Had my Naturalization Interview and Test , passed everything ,next step U.S. Citizenship Oath of Allegiance Ceremony .

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 12th, 2023, 7:13 pm

pugboy wrote:yuh could put up flag in front yuh house now texan style

is your rainwater filter the slant type ?
we need to push a culture of ppl collecting rainwater here, anybody building a house should plan and plumb for that

Xplode wrote:Had my Naturalization Interview and Test , passed everything ,next step U.S. Citizenship Oath of Allegiance Ceremony .
General Lee

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » April 12th, 2023, 7:17 pm

Long live the 2nd bro. Get you an AR 15

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2023, 7:55 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to commend the US Embassy in T&T for their hard work and excellent service.

Looking forward to their Colossal.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 12th, 2023, 8:33 pm

biden was smart to send a red woman down here

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » April 14th, 2023, 12:12 am

655CD40F-B31E-41A0-B106-37788359E488.jpeg

Major solar eclipse is very Good excuse to say why you wanna visit.

Get those visas folks

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 1st, 2023, 5:38 pm

well that is unexpected. they renewed my visa no interview straight up. time from application to getting visa in hand was ~3 months. was half expecting to have to fight up and organize documents and so on (I got denied way back when I was younger).

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » May 2nd, 2023, 5:44 pm

MRV Fee Payment - 14th Feb 2023
Interview Date - 24th April 2023
Collected Passport from DHL - 27th April 2023

First time applicant btw, really smooth process and pleasant staff.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » May 16th, 2023, 7:40 am

Things to note to avoid some stress

You cannot go into the embassy with
Your wallet, hand bag etc
Cell phone or smart watch

Your folder needs to be clear..
No brown, white or non transparent folders

You are allowed to line up from 15mins before your appointment time.
E.g) if your appt time is 1030..you can line up from 1015
If your time is 1045 and u line up at 1015 they will ask you to leave and come back at 1030

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 16th, 2023, 8:10 am

yeah hands swinging except for paper in clear plastic or just use a paper clip

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 16th, 2023, 8:53 am

Saw some ppl ditching the paper clip in the drain.
Parents are also allowed to accompany their kids but whilst no wallet you should have a form of ID on you and if you walk around with chapstick they will make you use it lol.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 16th, 2023, 12:12 pm

Only in banana republic’s like Trinidad we allow this mistreatment to continue. People in first world countries have higher chance of doing something bad with all the things we are banned to bring into the embassy here. But they don’t have any such restrictions.

X_Factor wrote:Things to note to avoid some stress

You cannot go into the embassy with
Your wallet, hand bag etc
Cell phone or smart watch

Your folder needs to be clear..
No brown, white or non transparent folders

You are allowed to line up from 15mins before your appointment time.
E.g) if your appt time is 1030..you can line up from 1015
If your time is 1045 and u line up at 1015 they will ask you to leave and come back at 1030

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”