TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby Dave » October 15th, 2021, 7:15 pm

Darren's offer those packages

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 15th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Dave wrote:Darren's offer those packages
Thanks I will call tomorrow

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 16th, 2021, 8:09 pm

Nervewrecker is the man.

Reneemc
Riding on 13's

Postby Reneemc » October 17th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Nervewrecker is the man.

Thanks. No luck with the number on his Facebook page though.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 17th, 2021, 9:54 pm

^Which company is his?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 17th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Parsotan AC

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 17th, 2021, 10:15 pm

^Thanks man.

RH Digital Truck Parts
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby RH Digital Truck Parts » November 11th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Anyone has TGM or Classic air conditioning? Believe both is same company. See attached pictures. If anyone has experience with it, please share information on it. And how good is it? Inverter types.
20211111_120411.jpg
20211111_120406.jpg
20211111_120357.jpg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 11th, 2021, 9:11 pm

In gonna try out the TCL inverter
Has Toshiba compressor etc

Replacing a 12 year old r22 Panasonic unit
Screenshot_20211111_210933.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 11th, 2021, 10:28 pm

Have a very old TGM...not sure if they give the same service but mine is a very old unit and only thing ever gave was a motor which wasn't painful to replace or labor wise.
Glad to see the name back.
Maraj was a the dealer back then.
Who's selling and what's the price point like? Good components?
TWLPARTS wrote:Anyone has TGM or Classic air conditioning? Believe both is same company. See attached pictures. If anyone has experience with it, please share information on it. And how good is it? Inverter types.
20211111_120357.jpg
20211111_120406.jpg
20211111_120411.jpg

RH Digital Truck Parts
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby RH Digital Truck Parts » November 11th, 2021, 10:54 pm

Ok that is good to know. Trying to get inverters, ac guys are saying no inverters in stock in Trinidad. I actually sourced the TGM brand from a company in Miami. Not sure about the components, from what I understand, the compressor is from the same company as Panasonic and Toshiba.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 15th, 2021, 2:07 am

How much will you save per month or year running an inverter type 18000 btu compared to normal?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2021, 11:21 pm

Haven't logged in here in forever. There is an old quote about something where you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I am more than convinced we have a race of zombies out here with nothing between both ears that frustrate you to the point where you doubt your sanity and you don't even know yourself. Its what happen when you try to be too nice, too understanding, too forgiving, too accommodating, too kind etc with some people. Too much rules, regulations and regulations to protect morons. Trinidadians will always be scampy, low life, shortcut, doh-care men with colonial mentality.

Do I even need to get started on loss or irreparable damage to tools, material equipment from pilfering, misuse or neglect? Every few weeks.

I also don't think I will be doing any installs anymore (only repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance) straight across the board except in certain circumstances. If you had a system installed recently, congrats its possible your condenser fan is going to fall off, you probably don't have enough refrigerant in the system or there are particles inside the lines from pi$$ poor quality control and brand dealers not backing the stuff they sell. Foreign particles in the system make the rounds at high velocity eroding the coils from inside.

You can't put an inline filter on systems where the charge is locked in the condenser with the metering device in it. Filter has to go on liquid line before the metering device. It can be put on commercial systems where the metering device is in the evaporator. and even them cheap down. On one hand one can understand an attempt to keep prices down by cutting certain costs but its not once issues have been bought to the attention of these people and they seem to turn a blind eye or deaf ear towards it.

Haven't called any name or brand so I cant get any lawsuit or bad face.

The stories I can tell from over the last few months span from me ingesting poison (where men like to put thing in any water bottle they find because when you give them spray bottle it either broken, burst or loss as you give them it) to a man removing live wires from a working system to connect wires from a system being installed and miraculously not getting killed saying he unclear of the instructions, he wasn't given instruction as to where to hook up the wires. Is like you having a unit installed home by you and a man take your electrical wire, gone by your neighbor, pull out the wires from your neighbor ac and connect your wire to your neighbor own. Yes was a long copper run so the 10 feet that come with the unit cant work, yes was a 100 foot of wire we had with us. And yes, he hook up a short circuit. You tell him blue is neutral, brown is line, black is signal and yellow green is ground. 5 minutes after, blue is neutral, brown is line, yellow green is signal and black is an extra wire. Got shocked twice holding live wires.

Among impressive feats:

man fits 110v plug in 220v socket, how, I have not the slightest idea

man find a way to get water to flow uphill against the force of gravity

man connect hose to pipe before checking if it have water and stand up with hose for half hour waiting for water to come through hose

man pick up something and forget where he pick it up from so he don't know where the new part goes. seems it has random extra loose wires just hanging doing nothing. He also now not even sure what the old part was or what it looks like although it rest down right next to him. The part is a capacitor, non polarized so any wire can go on any side. Spent about 20 minutes thinking and wired, you guessed it, a short circuit. Had free wifi there also with no password.

man hook up wire without removing insulation from the end.

man cant find a 110v electrical outlet in a big room with about 20 outlets full with electrical apparatus. When he was shown one he said the plug cant reach so he don't know what to do. The extension cord there for style. In another instance same guy rest down vaccume pump next to electrical outlet and gone to get the extension cord to plug on the vaccume pump.

man coming to work but forget where he working.

this is about 1 week

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2021, 11:33 pm

We cut the wall and used the hollow red brick to run the lines. Trunking was not matching the theme so we removed the trunking and did this.

All lines insulated and expanding foam was to be added as extra insulation prior to plastering.

Specific instructions given to not add plenty as it expands a lot. And don't add too much behind. Also trim the excess and then plaster.

Came back and found the lines outside the wall plastered on the wall and water not coming out the condensate line.

Condensate line have a huge belly up.
Screenshot_20211118_233836_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20211118_233759_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20211118_233759_com.whatsapp.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2021, 11:35 pm

An man who has years of electrical experience and does electrical work for people put lines in the wall and plaster it just so.

I had to tell him put it in conduit.

Seems something wrong with the level, something wrong with the measuring tape and on top of that....
Screenshot_20211118_233956_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20211118_233739_com.whatsapp.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2021, 11:43 pm

We cut wall, run all lines in cieling in PVC sleeve after insulating them and added expanding foam to the ends to cap them with a grade so any condensation will run outside towards the hole in the wall where the trunking is behind the house.

The request was nothing must show on the sides and front.

A simple condensate line is no biggy.

They plaster raw copper with no insulation just so. Line sweating and mortar falling off. Plumbed the line into the vent for the wastewater system with the roof guttering downpipe right next to it and put trunking which they buy after the request was no trunking.

This is big men we talking about have gyul and thing and engaged and Shiz.

All this is one job I had to do over.

And on top that men demanding $20k in payment for that job after money was paid to them. Also made a report against me in the police station saying I Robb them after attempting to sprang the electrical line for one unit, all the extra copper, ladder, OXY acetylene kit among other things.

Another come with his family by my house to make noise saying he eh get pay only to realise is cuz his pardner take his money. Still want to know if he could hold a lil $1500.00 self. I ain't lick him down cuz I couldn't find anything to lick him down with.
Screenshot_20211118_234743_com.whatsapp.jpg
Screenshot_20211118_234026_com.whatsapp.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 19th, 2021, 4:23 am

York wrote:How much will you save per month or year running an inverter type 18000 btu compared to normal?

Talked about this some time back.

You can consume more electricity with these as opposed to the traditional type. They have an operating range for current draw.

For comparison average 12000 btu runs at just about 5A, inverter type will run on anywhere from just about 2.5 to 7A. They take feedback on ambient temp, condenser coil temp, discharge temp, room temp, indoor coil temp and set temp and adjust themselves on "how hard to work". Closer set temps are to ambient or room temp the less hard they work, further away the harder they work and closer to max running load.

cuz of mine actually suggested I use my brains to put together some presentations to take the load off me WRT FAQ so I experimented with some vids.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 19th, 2021, 5:56 am

And he appears... welcome back!

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 19th, 2021, 11:44 am

boi nerve is like some rel kant workmen u does have to deal with ... this is why i does do my own stuff at home like a 1 man army but sometimes u just d extra set of hands to do d heavy lifting

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 19th, 2021, 3:42 pm

Any decent 9k btu around?
Need something quiet for a small studio workspace.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 19th, 2021, 9:10 pm

zorced wrote:Any decent 9k btu around?

Best you invest in a 12000 btu inverter. If you get a 9k you might save about $50.00 on the cost difference with a 12k.

With the small size and heat load your compressor will cycle a lot and shorten its lifespan. Wont have that with the inverter type as it may just cycle down and stay idle or simply cut off. Its a soft start motor so minimal wear and tear on startup.

if you can afford it at least.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 19th, 2021, 11:07 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
zorced wrote:Any decent 9k btu around?

Best you invest in a 12000 btu inverter. If you get a 9k you might save about $50.00 on the cost difference with a 12k.

With the small size and heat load your compressor will cycle a lot and shorten its lifespan. Wont have that with the inverter type as it may just cycle down and stay idle or simply cut off. Its a soft start motor so minimal wear and tear on startup.

if you can afford it at least.
https://www.tcl.com/pa/en/ac-products-list/xa82-on-off/TAC-12CSA-XA82.html

Installing Wednesday I'll see how it goes

Right now is level lasko

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 20th, 2021, 12:18 am

All duly noted nerve. Already checked that roi but you know the scene.

Actually buying 4 units total and the rest are 12-18k.

Maybe I should've mentioned I work fine at 24 degrees hence the push for 9k.

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » November 20th, 2021, 7:53 pm

Installed 3 Lennox 12000 today. colding fast and very quiet.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 23rd, 2021, 8:13 pm

Rovin wrote:boi nerve is like some rel kant workmen u does have to deal with ... this is why i does do my own stuff at home like a 1 man army but sometimes u just d extra set of hands to do d heavy lifting

They does all start good, all inquisitive and eager to learn. you teaching them and not holding back but then jusso they does get stupid. As rainy season start and work start to catch up then they does show their ugly ungrateful side.

I seriously considering a change of occupation or branching off into something else because I cant leave. Have some things I worked on that nobody else in Trinidad want to touch. If I quit who will take up my portfolio?

Everybody just want to learn to install and service a mini split and that's it. As my cousin suggested, put everything they know in writing and make it available to the public. You get paid for your literature and then they know just as much as everyone else so what they know holds no merit. I will make a lot of enemies globally but say what....YOLO

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » December 3rd, 2021, 4:07 pm

Good day tuners, need 6 units installed for 9×13 bedrooms, need a economical but durable unit as it's for rental. What company would you all recommend?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » December 3rd, 2021, 9:29 pm

Anyone successfully installed the sk105 in a pioneer/comfee split unit? Can't figure out for the life of me how to install it

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 4th, 2021, 1:11 pm

kerwinishere wrote:Anyone successfully installed the sk105 in a pioneer/comfee split unit? Can't figure out for the life of me how to install it

I had a customer skybox a set in, never installed it or had to.

you tried this:

Koolmax / supakool imported thier last batch of pioneer (made by gree) with the dingle built in. A local company put a product on the shelf at allied industrial to control ac, tv etc etc, unsure where I put the info.

Wolfgang123 wrote:Good day tuners, need 6 units installed for 9×13 bedrooms, need a economical but durable unit as it's for rental. What company would you all recommend?

Pick your poison, midea or gree 18000 btu .

Yonan made by Midea should be among the best bang for buck unless you use the wisnow 18000 btu

I know chakra on cipero st selling the yonan as well as reliable in la romaine.

supakool / koolmax for wisnow or atlantic air for jack frost (same damn unit last batch I sold).

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » December 5th, 2021, 9:55 am

nervewrecker wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:Anyone successfully installed the sk105 in a pioneer/comfee split unit? Can't figure out for the life of me how to install it

I had a customer skybox a set in, never installed it or had to.

you tried this:

Koolmax / supakool imported thier last batch of pioneer (made by gree) with the dingle built in. A local company put a product on the shelf at allied industrial to control ac, tv etc etc, unsure where I put the info.

Wolfgang123 wrote:Good day tuners, need 6 units installed for 9×13 bedrooms, need a economical but durable unit as it's for rental. What company would you all recommend?

Pick your poison, midea or gree 18000 btu .

Yonan made by Midea should be among the best bang for buck unless you use the wisnow 18000 btu

I know chakra on cipero st selling the yonan as well as reliable in la romaine.

supakool / koolmax for wisnow or atlantic air for jack frost (same damn unit last batch I sold).
Good info. All units in the house appear to be this same rebranded Gree unit (pioneer and comfee) only one of them has the attached USB female end. All others only have the pins on the PCB will investigate how well this works before I try installing on the others.

Thanks nerve

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 5th, 2021, 10:11 pm

comfee is midea, if the pioneer is the same as the comfee then its from the midea batch.

The pins on the jack from the pcb are supposedly for a diagnostic tool if such exists.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”