this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tankless water heater

Postby gastly369 » January 25th, 2023, 5:33 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Hot water flows for about 5 seconds then goes cold. There is no power issues, and the supply breaker isn't tripping. Any suggestions?
Tankless?

Flush it and see what happens, heat exchanger and inlets probably has buildup.
Most times flow sensor... Easy diy replacement and the replacement much more durable than the one that comes with the unit

Basically a turbine wheel that spins when water starts flowing to turn on heater.. Problem is its plastic with 2 plastic pins spinning in a plastic hole after while they fail.

Replacement are brass with metal pins and holes

Repaired ours some years ago works fine ever since

Also get a inline washable strainer filter before the tankless saves some headache of wasa premium water

Galvatron
Sweet on this forum

Re: WTK Tank or Tankless Water Heater

Postby Galvatron » January 25th, 2023, 5:59 pm

Found the user's manual online and apparently there's 3 diagnostic LEDs on the circuit board.

Flashing green light...filter screen dirty or flowmeter faulty

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 25th, 2023, 6:23 pm

Yeeep

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 25th, 2023, 7:26 pm

gastly369 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Hot water flows for about 5 seconds then goes cold. There is no power issues, and the supply breaker isn't tripping. Any suggestions?
Tankless?

Most times flow sensor... Easy diy replacement and the replacement much more durable than the one that comes with the unit

Basically a turbine wheel that spins when water starts flowing to turn on heater.. Problem is its plastic with 2 plastic pins spinning in a plastic hole after while they fail.

Also get a inline washable strainer filter before the tankless saves some headache of wasa premium water
Where u getting the new part?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 25th, 2023, 7:46 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Tankless?

Water source or can order it in depend on cost now since been while back changed the one home... Think paid if not mistaken $240 or 230ttd

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 26th, 2023, 6:43 am

gastly369 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Tankless?

Water source or can order it in depend on cost now since been while back changed the one home... Think paid if not mistaken $240 or 230ttd
Ok cool
Thanks

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 10th, 2023, 10:07 am

Anyone has experiences with this ?
123.jpeg

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » October 11th, 2023, 4:11 am

I'm surprised that these heated showers haven't caught on in Trinidad. Are they illegal in Trini? Almost every house or hotel in Brazil that I've ever been in has used this type of shower. It definitely gives you a good hot shower, and if you crank it all the way up, it's almost scalding hot. They go for around 101 BRL (134TTD). Plus they have them in both 127v and 220v. Everything is self contained in the shower head itself.

Screenshot_20231011_051112_Gallery.jpg

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » October 11th, 2023, 5:29 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Anyone has experiences with this ?
123.jpeg

Yes and I won’t recommend. Check Water Source if you want to go tankless and look for one with a higher flow rate.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » October 11th, 2023, 5:37 am

123.jpeg
Was told the same ( check water source ) when my 7 year old ecosmart unit had the same issue of hot then cold water. Turns out allodt No one including the dealer when i bought unit ( back in 2016 ) doesn't stock.parts. luckily they had some last parts lying around and I got the replacement part for $300, changed it myself and ting wukkin like normal.

Was able to locate ALL replacement parts online for future issues. 7 years service, 1 part changed during period, not a bad investment . Looking forward to another u years....lol

Was told by plumbers that the Westinghouse units have readily available parts locally and that the most frequently changed part is a plastic unit and not a metal one to corrode with our " residue and sediment free " water supply.

I would buy ecosmart again whenever I have to change my unit.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2023, 6:38 am

what you mean ?
we have the fame type for donkey years, just different looking.
have a few other competitors now.
but that one looks nice.

the only thing is you need to have good wiring setup for them as they pull plenty current.

triniterribletim wrote:I'm surprised that these heated showers haven't caught on in Trinidad. Are they illegal in Trini? Almost every house or hotel in Brazil that I've ever been in has used this type of shower. It definitely gives you a good hot shower, and if you crank it all the way up, it's almost scalding hot. They go for around 101 BRL (134TTD). Plus they have them in both 127v and 220v. Everything is self contained in the shower head itself.

Screenshot_20231011_051112_Gallery.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 11th, 2023, 6:45 am

Mepco carries alot of Westinghouse items.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2023, 6:54 am

their batteries are crap

Dave wrote:Mepco carries alot of Westinghouse items.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 11th, 2023, 7:43 am

matix wrote:
123.jpeg

Yes and I won’t recommend. Check Water Source if you want to go tankless and look for one with a higher flow rate.

My BiL installed a Stebel from Water Source around Divali last year. Since then the Stebel spoil thrice and they ended up going with a tank water heater. WS changed the 1st time with no issue. On the 2nd time they only changed after they sent an electrician to my BiL house b/c they claimed it was the house wiring which it was not. After the 3rd spoilage my BiL was like nah eff that!!

That's how come I looking at the Westinghouse. EIL is the distributor AFAIK and they do stock parts.

What flow rate is suggested for 1 T&B at the moment and possible a kitchen sink in the future? I think my electrician say he wired for a 50Amp heater.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2023, 7:50 am

some ppl are lucky with them.
I also had one which had 2 failures, when they tell me one of the elements burn and it almost the cost of a new one to fix i aint bother.
all of them tankless good for 1 outlet used, if you turn on both shower and something else you will see a drop, and worse when the heater far from the outlet.
they use very small tubing inside the heaters.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 11th, 2023, 9:46 am

Are gas tankless widely available?
Any reviews on them?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » October 11th, 2023, 11:02 am

pugboy wrote:some ppl are lucky with them.
I also had one which had 2 failures, when they tell me one of the elements burn and it almost the cost of a new one to fix i aint bother.
all of them tankless good for 1 outlet used, if you turn on both shower and something else you will see a drop, and worse when the heater far from the outlet.
they use very small tubing inside the heaters.

I have a stiebel eltron 5 years now. Feeding two showers two sinks and the kitchen and no issues. I haven't tried shower and another faucet at the same time but everything else about it works great

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » October 11th, 2023, 11:08 am

Dave wrote:Are gas tankless widely available?
Any reviews on them?

I brought one in for a hot tub project I was working on. Would not recommend, at least not this brand Camplux but in general they need to be reignited everytime you shut off and reopen a faucet and the electric igniter takes a few seconds. Then it's prone to being blown out with heavy winds, also must be installed outside free from combustibles. Temp regulation is iffy at best. Won't recommend for a whole house install, not sure if they supply them down here either

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 11th, 2023, 1:35 pm

From speaking to a few electricians, the key to longevity with steilbel is having that 50amp breaker on it. Watersource started telling people that upfront before selling it.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2023, 2:00 pm

we had lpg heater in 70s
it had a pilot light that needed to be on
it didn’t heat as hot as an electric but good enough

i also used one in europe a few years ago and it was real hot

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”