Forums

Coffee drinkers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coffee drinkers

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 22nd, 2023, 8:33 am

Anybody ever try just straight up swallowing the beans so the caffeine would slow release during the day?

I tried it with the grounds and it works. A nice steady boost in energy with a gentle taper so you won't crash.

Does it taste ghastly? Yes.
Does it work? Also yes.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 22nd, 2023, 10:51 am

ah man taking coffee like drugs yes ....wda :lol:

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 22nd, 2023, 10:57 am

just now a man guh say he does inject it straight into his veins for instant boost

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 22nd, 2023, 11:09 am

you know you can buy caffeine tabs in the drugstore
and if you want a real hit just go in a gym supplements place and get pre workout supplement

it will have you hopping

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 22nd, 2023, 2:53 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (12.56 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

Ordered these on Amazon this week as the wife's grandparents in Miami.
Dunkin K Cup Cold Brew and a pack of McCafe Premium Medium Roast.

I have a pack of McCafe breakfast light roast which I really like so continuing with the brand. Didn't want to over order stuff for the old ppl to tote.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 22nd, 2023, 3:08 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:just now a man guh say he does inject it straight into his veins for instant boost

pugboy wrote:you know you can buy caffeine tabs in the drugstore
and if you want a real hit just go in a gym supplements place and get pre workout supplement

it will have you hopping

With higher highs come lower lows

Meen like the crash from caffeine meds and preworkout na. Even a drink is basically an extraction.

But yeah I really do treat coffee like drugs lmao :lol:

There's a time and a place for the instant boost though. Like if you woke up hungover after getting 3 hours of sleep and it's monday morning and you HAVE to perform that day. Then I put coffee crystals under my tongue so it'll kick in faster

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » March 22nd, 2023, 4:16 pm

pugboy wrote:you know you can buy caffeine tabs in the drugstore

it will have you hopping

This:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 22nd, 2023, 6:33 pm

never really had cause to think about it but look at ting eh , caffeine pills :o

some ppl drink coke daily for d same reason though google say coke has 3-4 times less caffeine than coffee ...

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 22nd, 2023, 7:46 pm

A good few years ago I used to take a 200mg caffeine tablet before gym. It was in a red and blue bottle, bought from Total Care in gulf city, the one in the middle of the mall where it has a baby clothes store now.

It made no noticable difference from using a preworkout such as C4/Jack3d, and now I can say it made no noticable difference compared to a good brewed french press coffee, or even a monster energy drink.

Good luck finding caffeine tabs now though, most places dont have them.

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » March 22nd, 2023, 8:05 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:A good few years ago I used to take a 200mg caffeine tablet before gym. It was in a red and blue bottle, bought from Total Care in gulf city, the one in the middle of the mall where it has a baby clothes store now.

It made no noticable difference from using a preworkout such as C4/Jack3d, and now I can say it made no noticable difference compared to a good brewed french press coffee, or even a monster energy drink.

Good luck finding caffeine tabs now though, most places dont have them.

Planet Care Pharmacy by Anand(Debe) have it.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » July 10th, 2023, 11:40 am

So Cafe Barista has this new drip coffee. Its grounds in a sachet that you open and fit over the cup and add water slowly like a normal drip brewer. The taste is quite good.

Only saw it at Price Club so far.

20230710_113445.jpg

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 10th, 2023, 12:21 pm

Here's a few I tried recently on the Bialetti.

Cafe Vega Rio Claro bean - Medium Roast/Fine Ground: Very fruity and floral, feels like a blond roast, so not enough robustness for me. If I have to try this again, I'll ask them to dark roast it.

Flor de Arauca - Medium roast, fine grind: Dominant peach and plum notes, strong umami - almost like it has the other white stuff in it (MSG). I prefer more earthy coffee, but it's a nice variety from my norm.

Starbucks pike place - medium roast, medium grind. Decent cuppa for my daily. Reminds me of the kinda coffee I loved when I used to smoke, so it has some similar tobacco notes in there.

Starbucks Sumatra - fine grind: Not as good as it used to be. Very neutral, some floral notes, but balanced with earthiness.

PriceSmart Colombian - Medium roast, medium grind: It's ok. Nothing special. On par with the Hong wing.

Waitrose Mountain Blend - medium/coarse grind: Cheap filler. Subpar, nothing special. Marginally better than instant coffee but the lowest ranked of all I tasted here.

For the overly floral beans, I find it tastes better when I mix the grind with a more robust one, and Hong Wing steps in as a pinch hitter here.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 10th, 2023, 12:32 pm

everyone has different taste and how your taste buds wok ... buh buoy that coffee to me sucks, ah rather drink nescafe instant that that !!!!!

Hong Wing FTW

VexXx Dogg wrote:Starbucks pike place - medium roast, medium grind. Decent cuppa for my daily. Reminds me of the kinda coffee I loved when I used to smoke, so it has some similar tobacco notes in there.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 11th, 2023, 6:08 am

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 11th, 2023, 8:59 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Here's a few I tried recently on the Bialetti.

Cafe Vega Rio Claro bean - Medium Roast/Fine Ground: Very fruity and floral, feels like a blond roast, so not enough robustness for me. If I have to try this again, I'll ask them to dark roast it.

Flor de Arauca - Medium roast, fine grind: Dominant peach and plum notes, strong umami - almost like it has the other white stuff in it (MSG). I prefer more earthy coffee, but it's a nice variety from my norm.

Starbucks pike place - medium roast, medium grind. Decent cuppa for my daily. Reminds me of the kinda coffee I loved when I used to smoke, so it has some similar tobacco notes in there.

Starbucks Sumatra - fine grind: Not as good as it used to be. Very neutral, some floral notes, but balanced with earthiness.

PriceSmart Colombian - Medium roast, medium grind: It's ok. Nothing special. On par with the Hong wing.

Waitrose Mountain Blend - medium/coarse grind: Cheap filler. Subpar, nothing special. Marginally better than instant coffee but the lowest ranked of all I tasted here.

For the overly floral beans, I find it tastes better when I mix the grind with a more robust one, and Hong Wing steps in as a pinch hitter here.

I saw the Pricesmart grounds have been repackaged and rebranded a bit. Bought a pack over the weekend as it was on a discount down to $50something. Tried a cup this morning and its much better than the last set they had. In the last set a problem I saw was an inconsistent quality of grounds. There were a lot of white stuff in it (likely un-roasted seeds).

Starbucks Pike Place to me is a nice middle ground between acidity and bitterness.

Hong Wing is horrible IMO.

Never had the others but based on your review I will definitely not waste coin on the Waitrose and I am intrigued by the first two you mentioned and would pick up a pack if I see them.

My daily these days is this and to me it strikes the right balance for a morning cup.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.51 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 11th, 2023, 9:05 am

https://cafevegatt.blogspot.com

See here for Cafe Vega.
352-3436 Lily
You can ask them to roast the bean how you like, as well as grind it to your preferences. Mr Floyd is the estate owner and he delivered the coffee to my home and we had a cool conversation about the state of local coffees and his varieties. I think they still figuring out roasting temps, so maybe ask for a dark roast.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 11th, 2023, 11:00 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:https://cafevegatt.blogspot.com

See here for Cafe Vega.
352-3436 Lily
You can ask them to roast the bean how you like, as well as grind it to your preferences. Mr Floyd is the estate owner and he delivered the coffee to my home and we had a cool conversation about the state of local coffees and his varieties. I think they still figuring out roasting temps, so maybe ask for a dark roast.

Nice resource for coffee heads

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 16th, 2023, 5:32 pm

Updating my review of the Pricesmart
Colombian. Dunno if the process of opening the pack and subsequent oxidation had an effect on the grounds. Tastes much better after a few days of opening . Excellent bang for buck, because it’s retailing for 54ttd and taste is on par to some Starbucks blends that cost double

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » July 17th, 2023, 6:36 am

Tried it this morning. Taste kinda blunt. Like the oils from the coffee stripped or something. Doesn't taste like it has alot of robusta filler, but it is a lil short on the body. And while brewing it reminded me of young beans Maybe a dark roast version might help with the oddness

Feel I going back to Folgers.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 18th, 2023, 2:28 am

how did you brew these?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 18th, 2023, 11:11 am

X_Factor wrote:

how did you brew these?

A quick google looks like a type of Moka Pot

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 19th, 2023, 4:09 pm

teems1 wrote:
X_Factor wrote:

how did you brew these?

A quick google looks like a type of Moka Pot

I saw that but considering the grind texture varied, i expected various types brewing based on the grind size

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 19th, 2023, 8:05 pm

nah, everything in the Bialetti. It handles coarse grains like the Hong Wing, and fine powder like espresso.
I put it on a iron tawah on low/med heat and let it brew slowly, ~8-9 mins.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 9th, 2023, 8:34 am

Picked up a pack of this over the weekend. Brewed my first cup yesterday. Nice and light stuff. Balance is there IMO.

*Used a stock photo bc I massacred the bag with a knife as I couldn't find a scissors.
Screenshot_20230809-082413.jpg

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 9th, 2023, 10:13 am

recently starbuckz have a Brazilian coffee (cant remember the name) as the daily brew, it tastes' rich and full. Not the ordinary pikes Peaks one.

its 140 for the bag, ah waiting to see them have 2-4-1 special again an ill buy then. also anyone know if the advertise the sale ? how socials / website ??? meh needs to kno

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 9th, 2023, 11:26 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:nah, everything in the Bialetti. It handles coarse grains like the Hong Wing, and fine powder like espresso.
I put it on a iron tawah on low/med heat and let it brew slowly, ~8-9 mins.

Thank you for this, tried it twice with my moka pot so far and the results are greatly improved

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 9th, 2023, 12:41 pm

Yea dem moka pots doh work too well on my gas stove. Have to use a metal plate

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 9th, 2023, 1:06 pm

that Bialetti has been near perfect for me on stove top.

usually add boiling water so it takes a minute or two after to brew on stove.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » August 9th, 2023, 7:48 pm

death365 wrote:recently starbuckz have a Brazilian coffee (cant remember the name) as the daily brew, it tastes' rich and full. Not the ordinary pikes Peaks one.

its 140 for the bag, ah waiting to see them have 2-4-1 special again an ill buy then. also anyone know if the advertise the sale ? how socials / website ??? meh needs to kno

Starbucks killing people with those prices. Do you think there would be a market for Brazilian specialty coffee in Trinidad? I live in the heart of the Brazilian coffee growing region and artisan coffee is just something most people take for granted. Back in the day when anyone said coffee, it was either Nescafé or Hong Wing. Didn't really have an appreciation for it until my wife introduced me to the Brazilian coffee culture. I usually drink Melitta Sul de Minas, which is Minas Gerais coffee, the same place Starbucks gets their coffee from.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 9th, 2023, 10:25 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
death365 wrote:recently starbuckz have a Brazilian coffee (cant remember the name) as the daily brew, it tastes' rich and full. Not the ordinary pikes Peaks one.

Starbucks killing people with those prices. Do you think there would be a market for Brazilian specialty coffee in Trinidad? I live in the heart of the Brazilian coffee growing region and artisan coffee is just something most people take for granted. Back in the day when anyone said coffee, it was either Nescafé or Hong Wing. Didn't really have an appreciation for it until my wife introduced me to the Brazilian coffee culture. I usually drink Melitta Sul de Minas, which is Minas Gerais coffee, the same place Starbucks gets their coffee from.

there will definitely be a market, the main issue will be roast date to grinding and brewing which happens with most store bought beans.
the only place that has decent coffee is noir cafe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”