Forums

Drunk Drivers in TnT

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Pre
3NE 2NR for life

Drunk Drivers in TnT

Postby Pre » May 3rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

I really not into making posts to waste ppl time but anyhow. Friday night i was heading towards New Grant to drop a partner home and as we got to Hindustan we see one of those green Mac trucks belonging to a certain company that paves roads swerving in the road, the driver couldn't even get it into 2nd cause he was so drunk. It had a unmarked hilux in front of me trying to make the truck pull over(turn out was some ah dem police wit d blue sweaters in d van).
Eventually d man swing out and nearly mash up a man almera but d almera man stop in time, unfortunately for him the man driving a laurel behind him didn't and mash up d man car.
The police manage to stop d truck man by Persads grocery and arrest him. So when i drop off meh partner and i turn back i stop by d accident to maco and it turn out d man driving d laurel drunk too and and lock he keys in he car. D police pull up by d accident and decide to lock up d laurel man too. D police man start to cuss n sayin dem @#$% going get hit $8000 each and truck man DP suspended when it go to court
Anyhow d lessons to be learned
1. Drinking and driving u endanger others and your self
2. When u drink and drive and trying to go home a nex drunk driver might f*#$ u up.
3. Not having a permit will really suck.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 3rd, 2010, 8:55 pm

4. Drivin in Princes Town is a hazard unto itself

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » May 3rd, 2010, 8:57 pm

I drove home drunk last week, I was driving slow though, the traffic lights were blurry, I'm just glad I made it home safe. Never going to be that stupid again.

200sx
Trinituner Peong

Postby 200sx » May 3rd, 2010, 9:01 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Freelander
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Freelander » May 3rd, 2010, 9:05 pm

where is princess town?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 3rd, 2010, 9:07 pm

near to Princes Town

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby netsket » May 3rd, 2010, 9:10 pm

how is a person to know their limit if their isnt a mechanism in place to test ppl to know how much is their legal limt...seeing that it varies...the only other options are not to drink or designate

it wrong to drink and drive in that state but my concern is that im afraid that i drink ah 2 beers and i cross the legal limit..cause i dont know my limit or how much my body would allow me to drink before crossing the limit

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

Postby illumin@ti » May 3rd, 2010, 9:18 pm

netsket wrote:how is a person to know their limit if their isnt a mechanism in place to test ppl to know how much is their legal limt...seeing that it varies...the only other options are not to drink or designate

it wrong to drink and drive in that state but my concern is that im afraid that i drink ah 2 beers and i cross the legal limit..cause i dont know my limit or how much my body would allow me to drink before crossing the limit

how about avoiding that whole moral dilemma in the first place and forgo the consumption of alcohol on the whole once u intend to drive after?
The thing about the breathalyzer in the first place is that its in place to legally deduce who is LEGALLY drunk. But why is it only now an issue since its law? We shouldnt be drivin at all if alcohol was consumed

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby netsket » May 3rd, 2010, 9:36 pm

what is the measure of error on these machines?...no machine is accurate.

how do they distinguish mouth wash from alcohol in their reading?

if u have asthma how can u give the recommended breath?

jus some ideas for u to consider

:mrgreen:

:twisted:

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » May 3rd, 2010, 9:42 pm

^^^well seeing that you don't consume mouthwash I highly doubt that will be a problem......well unless ur a piper and yuh wah get a lil high.

Having asthma does not affect the test, what you have to be concerned about is the inhalers as they inject a mist containing a substantial quantity of alcohol into the lungs.

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

Postby illumin@ti » May 3rd, 2010, 9:42 pm

more like u lookin for loopholes......

cut the games ,, seriously, these times is not to be drinkin and driving. As an adult, accept that. this eh nothing to do with the machine and if it accurate and all de other bs. Its just too dangerous to be driving while sober, far more when you have consumed

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby netsket » May 3rd, 2010, 9:55 pm

TriniVdub wrote:^^^well seeing that you don't consume mouthwash I highly doubt that will be a problem......well unless ur a piper and yuh wah get a lil high.

Having asthma does not affect the test, what you have to be concerned about is the inhalers as they inject a mist containing a substantial quantity of alcohol into the lungs.

wrong and wrong

:wink:

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » May 3rd, 2010, 9:58 pm

^^ could be wrong about the first one, but the inhalers can lead to inaccurate readings

sensiman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sensiman » May 3rd, 2010, 10:14 pm

illumin@ti wrote:
netsket wrote:how is a person to know their limit if their isnt a mechanism in place to test ppl to know how much is their legal limt...seeing that it varies...the only other options are not to drink or designate

how about avoiding that whole moral dilemma in the first place and forgo the consumption of alcohol on the whole once u intend to drive after?
The thing about the breathalyzer in the first place is that its in place to legally deduce who is LEGALLY drunk. But why is it only now an issue since its law? We shouldnt be drivin at all if alcohol was consumed

X10

In Toronto you can your license suspended even if your BAC is well below the level known as intoxicated, specifically, if you are over 0.08 you can be arrested for a criminal offense.
T&T culture will continue to accept drinking and driving as "we ting", sad really, I had a relative die at a young age as a result of alcohol, and a few friends got seriously injured.

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » May 3rd, 2010, 10:55 pm

illumin@ti wrote:more like u lookin for loopholes......

cut the games ,, seriously, these times is not to be drinkin and driving. As an adult, accept that. this eh nothing to do with the machine and if it accurate and all de other bs. Its just too dangerous to be driving while sober, far more when you have consumed

co fcukin sign

buzz
Riding on 17's

Postby buzz » May 4th, 2010, 8:23 am

netsket wrote:
TriniVdub wrote:^^^well seeing that you don't consume mouthwash I highly doubt that will be a problem......well unless ur a piper and yuh wah get a lil high.

wrong and wrong

:wink:

if you are over the legal limit in a field test, you are required to take the test again in the station @ least half an hour later AFAIK

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » May 4th, 2010, 8:48 am

im sure that if they were to test dem aminals after a pnm meeting more than half of them go get lock up!

yuh know is party, free t-shirt, free alcohol and free party cards!

Pre
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Pre » May 4th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Firewall wrote:
illumin@ti wrote:more like u lookin for loopholes......

co fcukin sign

x2

cutthroatInt
Trinituner Peong

Postby cutthroatInt » May 5th, 2010, 8:43 pm

drunk drivin is really a serious problem in this country.i had a few vid of this sheit in action.. on the creek.. highway, main road....

and ah talkin bout real bukoo drivers eh!

i tried to flag dem down, blow up horn n ting... but it was a hazard just being anywhere close to them...

allyuh remember the smash up in trincity wen all dem girls died.. the black tercel that crossed the highway.. it subsequently landed on ah brethren alteeza... wen the smoke cleared, was hands, feet and heads all over the highway...

why????? RUM!!!!

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » May 5th, 2010, 9:13 pm

evo-STI-k wrote:im sure that if they were to test dem aminals after a pnm meeting more than half of them go get lock up!

yuh know is party, free t-shirt, free alcohol and free party cards!

make sure u go n collect yuh party card

ah goin 2morrow fuh mines

:lol:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 6:54 am

illumin@ti wrote:

this like pnm govt.........it's proven & adopted as best practice in other DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, but yet in T&T millions hve tb paid out to check if it works (feasibility studies).......talk about re-inventing the wheel........for god sakes, man :
We shouldnt be drivin at all if alcohol was consumed

for my part......u should be charged ONCE THAT BREATHALYZER DETECT ALCOHOL

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 6th, 2010, 6:59 am

link wrote:
illumin@ti wrote:

this like pnm govt.........it's proven & adopted as best practice in other DEVELOPED COUNTRIES, but yet in T&T millions hve tb paid out to check if it works (feasibility studies).......talk about re-inventing the wheel........for god sakes, man :
We shouldnt be drivin at all if alcohol was consumed

HA
which developed country you know where there arent tons of deaths from drunk driving each year? please its human nature you cant stop people from doing what they want such as excessive speed.
anyway

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 7:04 am

http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety/index.html

In the United States, motor vehicle–related injuries are the leading cause of death for people ages 1–34, and nearly 5 million people sustain injuries that require an emergency department visit. The economic impact is also notable: motor vehicle crashes cost around $230 billion in 2000.

Every day, 32 people in the United States die, in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver . This amounts to one death every 45 minutes.1 The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $51 billion.2 But there are effective measures that can help prevent injuries and deaths from alcohol-impaired driving.

:roll: :roll:

I know ur not saying we should follow this 'developed nation' example , but u know how trini follow fashion
Last edited by link on May 6th, 2010, 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 6th, 2010, 7:06 am

you read what i wrote?
PEOPLE WILL STILL DRINK AND DRIVE

there is no cure for stupidity and humans are stupid plain and simple get it now?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 7:36 am

cinco wrote:you read what i wrote?
PEOPLE WILL STILL DRINK AND DRIVE

there is no cure for stupidity and humans are stupid plain and simple get it now?

fixed...tks
btw...I think that the mere fact that ppl are allowed to drink up to some 'limit' only encouraged that 'drink & drive' attitude.......
seemingly sensible ppl, once that first drink goes down, become exactly what u described above :
humans are stupid plain and simple

NO DRINKING OF ANY ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER IF U HVE TO DRIVE
rgds

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 6th, 2010, 7:46 am

link you still bothering?
nothing will curtail this behaviour no amount of policing even in the states or canada where you can be locked up for life people still do it. you see people with 4 and 5 dui convictions they just drive unlicensed they dont care.
it just falls on deaf ears the carnage will continue
1sigh

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 9:17 am

boi, cinco
In those big countries u can drop below the radar & disappear, but
I really feel that we, as a nation in the West Indies, are small enough to effectively police the less-than-1.5-million ppl and ensure, with regular awarness adverts (radio, tv, schools, MOTOR SPORTS, all other sports) that the upcoming generations have a safe, balanced mindset for doing the right thing.
I know ppl break the law if no authority is around, but if the first thought is ' I will do the right thing' , instead of 'nobody around, I eh go get ketch' , then we are on the way to becoming a healthy, productive, model population.
rgds
Link

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 6th, 2010, 9:31 am

im not saying you are not trying but its so sad to see bno one else does and then the whole vicious cycle starts

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 6th, 2010, 9:33 am

all that is needed is police presence and people will follow the law

its not like they dont know what the law is

but they do know there is NO police presence so they can always take a chance

simple presence outside or around "hotspots" for drinking will change the attitudes of many

there of course will still be the smal few who feel they can getaway

how many police patrols do you see on the road after a "fete"
as an example........

snowman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby snowman » May 6th, 2010, 9:38 am

Why is it so hard to have a couple beers and then stop and drink water if you know you hadda drive?

Allyuh like alcohol so much?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”