Forums

Ish & Steve... Piarco Update - State Wins US100M in Miami

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Ish/Steve.... Update "May Go Free"

Postby Dizzy28 » January 26th, 2016, 9:49 am

EmilioA wrote:Kamla and crew in lala land saying this vindicated thier position. Ent them is the one that pass the law the first place ?

They moving into Sarah Palin territory with thier incoherence.

They passed the law with the support of the PNM when this was initially voted upon in Parliament.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 26th, 2016, 10:06 am

Not to mention them fellas lawyers filed their docs the next day,
Documents other lawyers say would take weeks to prepare.
Like they got a preview of the legislation somehow.

We must not forget the fact that poor max Richards was summoned to proclaim just a little piece of the law in the middle of the night whilst everybody was feting in the oval with the free Independence Party kamala give to make everybody happy.
Alcohol is a hell of an enticement.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 26th, 2016, 10:33 am

Problem has always been the early proclamation let us not be side tracked!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 26th, 2016, 12:50 pm

PM to Kamla on Section 34: Don’t be insulting
Published on Jan 26, 2016, 11:12 am AST
Updated on Jan 26, 2016, 11:17 am AST
By By the Multimedia Desk

AS far as Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley is concerned, the Privy Council’s ruling in the Section 34 appeal on Monday, is no vindication of the former government, and any attempt by Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar to do otherwise is an insult to the population.

Dr Rowley on Tuesday issued a statement is response to claims being made Persad-Bissessar and other opposition politicians regarding the judgement in the State’s favour in the appeal brought by businessmen Ameer Edoo, Steve Ferguson and Maritime and three companies, who challenged Parliament’s decision to repeal Section 34 of the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act.

The decision clears the way for the criminal cases of several people to go forward.

Persad-Bissessar said of the judgement: “Specific reference was made in the judgment to the role of the members of the Peoples Partnership government with particular reference to the then Attorney General Anand Ramlogan (who personally gave evidence on behalf of the State) and, the Prime Minister. As noted in paragraph 9 of the judgment, “On the same day, the Attorney General called the Prime Minister and told her that in his opinion section 34 should be repealed urgently”. The Privy Council also expressed the view that the Amendment Act was not targeted at the Appellants and the actions of the Parliament did not contravene the separation of powers.

This decision puts to rest, by a judgment of our highest Court, the criticisms of the then Opposition of the actions of the PP government. The reasons behind the passing of section 34 in its original incarnation remain valid. The legality and constitutionality of the action of the government I led in passing the repeal legislation has been tested and affirmed at each level of our judicial system. This judgment is a resounding victory for the Peoples Partnership Government which was the subject of much vilification and political attack by those who were bent on political exploitation of what was a Constitutional crisis which was created with their active participation and support in Parliament. My Administration stands vindicated by this Judgment”.

However, Dr Rowley responded on Tuesday, saying: “With respect to the recent ruling at the Privy Council, the simple outcome is that persons who are charged with criminal offences will be made to face a trial, despite all attempts to do otherwise.

This being the undisputed fact then, the public utterances of the Opposition Leader claiming vindication is insulting to the population.

I want to remind Mrs Persad-Bissessar that it is a Government which she led that produced legislation into which Section 34 was buried, with the intention of creating an opening for persons to avoid a trial.

It was her Government which gave assurances to the Parliament, then promptly ignored them, and it was a Cabinet led by her which secretly proclaimed Section 34 in the middle of the night during the country’s 50th Anniversary of Independence celebrations.

This conspiratorial proclamation had one singular objective and it was to give persons the opportunity to escape the Court trial.

It was when they were caught red handed, and in the face of public outrage at the actions of her Cabinet, that the Government was forced back to the Parliament and with PNM support was made to undo what she had secretly proclaimed.

Now that the Privy Council has ruled, the action of the Parliament in undoing the effects of the original conspiracy is no vindication of the PP Government. Instead it is a stark reminder that the action of the Parliament was proper and justified and it is a signal of the failure on her part. It is a reminder of the disgraceful saga of Section 34 and the shame that hangs indelibly around the necks of her Cabinet that was caught and rejected.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160126 ... -insulting

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 26th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Oh Gorm Scarfman/Kams tek win! Only he and Kams could attempt to spin something like a PC judgement into political ammunition. Scarfman only being loud to cover up that the entire Opposition voted for it and either didn't know what they were signing or didn't care. Kamla spinning it into vindication of ill fated legislation.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 26th, 2016, 4:22 pm

smh.

pitiful.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 26th, 2016, 5:35 pm

De Dragon wrote:Oh Gorm Scarfman/Kams tek win! Only he and Kams could attempt to spin something like a PC judgement into political ammunition. Scarfman only being loud to cover up that the entire Opposition voted for it and either didn't know what they were signing or didn't care. Kamla spinning it into vindication of ill fated legislation.

That's not true, that was UNC spin as stated before

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 26th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder who are those gullible ppl who can't distinguish that Section 34 issue was not that the Upper and Lower House voted the Indictable Proceedings Act but that Section 34 of the Act was proclaimed by the govt early without the promised infrastructure.

But then I look on the internet and I find those gullible ppl.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 26th, 2016, 5:42 pm

eliteauto wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Oh Gorm Scarfman/Kams tek win! Only he and Kams could attempt to spin something like a PC judgement into political ammunition. Scarfman only being loud to cover up that the entire Opposition voted for it and either didn't know what they were signing or didn't care. Kamla spinning it into vindication of ill fated legislation.

That's not true, that was UNC spin as stated before

Semantics, you voted for a piece of legislation without fully understanding what were its implications? Matters not when it was proclaimed.The PNM get bobolize, and with wounded pride now trying to play saint. Granted their involvement was one of negligence as opposed to the PP which was more sinister, but legislation like Section 34 can't pass with PP votes alone, their vote, however obtained still allowed its passage.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 26th, 2016, 5:58 pm

at least them english law lords have a lil common sense and not easily
bullied like local judges

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 26th, 2016, 6:59 pm

pugboy wrote:at least them english law lords have a lil common sense and not easily

This is why we cannot trust the CCJ

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Re: Ish/Steve.... Update

Postby BRZ » January 26th, 2016, 9:59 pm

zoom rader wrote:
pugboy wrote:at least them english law lords have a lil common sense and not easily

Ent Ish and partners is " your " people zoom? How come yuh not bashing their blatant thievery and then trying to escape jail? Why don't you criticize them? Oh sh1t I just realized they are UNC backers.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 26th, 2016, 10:00 pm

BRZ......stop attacking the man with legit questions.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » January 27th, 2016, 7:32 am

ALL of their assets should have been frozen, everything they own and that of their respective companies should have been sold to pay back the state PLUS interest. Let the MF live like poor arses now if they are to go free.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2016, 8:43 am

BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Ent Ish and partners is " your " people zoom? How come yuh not bashing their blatant thievery and then trying to escape jail? Why don't you criticize them? Oh sh1t I just realized they are UNC backers.

You are one of those that judge a book by its cover. That's why this country is in mess.

Charges does not mean guilty.

Have they been found guilty?

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » January 27th, 2016, 8:46 am

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You are one of those that judge a book by its cover. That's why this country is in mess.

Denial of the TRUTH is what leaves you in your stupor and ignorance, to you, your people can and will never do any WRONG- same nasty attitude as half of our population on the roads.

I hope one day that same doubles chokes your stupid ass and the only person around to save you is a pnm doctor.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 27th, 2016, 8:56 am

Allyuh does talk like any one of those politicians gives a s**t about us. Tuner should have a meet. Everyone has their tuner names on a name tag and see how it goes. Police should be present. Also an ambulance

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2016, 9:01 am

BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Denial of the TRUTH is what leaves you in your stupor and ignorance, to you, your people can and will never do any WRONG- same nasty attitude as half of our population on the roads.

I hope one day that same doubles chokes your stupid ass and the only person around to save you is a pnm doctor.

What truth?

Have they been found guilty todate?

What jail term they got?

There is a thing called due process of law.

I guess they should charge you for drunk driving, but does that mean you are guilty?

My doctor is a PNM his name is Dr. George Chamally, San Fernando wharf.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 27th, 2016, 9:29 am

I actually agree with ZR, I prefer they walk free rather than they not receive a fair trial.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's

Postby EmilioA » January 27th, 2016, 10:04 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
EmilioA wrote:Kamla and crew in lala land saying this vindicated thier position. Ent them is the one that pass the law the first place ?

They moving into Sarah Palin territory with thier incoherence.

They passed the law with the support of the PNM when this was initially voted upon in Parliament.

And...... still doesnt make this a victory for them.

EmilioA
Riding on 16's

Postby EmilioA » January 27th, 2016, 10:07 am

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

What truth?
Have they been found guilty todate?
What jail term they got?
There is a thing called due process of law.
I guess they should charge you for drunk driving, but does that mean you are guilty?
My doctor is a PNM his name is Dr. George Chamally, San Fernando wharf.

Calder Hart is an innocent man. Same for O'Halloran. :mrgreen:

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 27th, 2016, 10:17 am

Allyuh forget about karamath

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 27th, 2016, 12:11 pm

matix wrote:Allyuh does talk like any one of those politicians gives a s**t about us. Tuner should have a meet. Everyone has their tuner names on a name tag and see how it goes. Police should be present. Also an ambulance

LoL. I for that!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 27th, 2016, 12:20 pm

Buh wait....

ZR has Growley been found guilty of pedophilia? So why you calling "our" PM a pedophile? Huh hmm?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2016, 1:15 pm

cuz the presumption of innocence is only for UNC and co

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 27th, 2016, 3:01 pm

BRZ wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Your anger is misguided.What thievery has been proven? What conviction has been recorded against them? In our righteous indignation, let us not forgot that whatever we feel cannot trump due process. Why not look at a system which allows those with money to drag matters out for this length of time? If they were poor, they'd prolly be in a US jail by now.T&T justice system too slow.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Habit7 wrote:I actually agree with ZR, I prefer they walk free rather than they not receive a fair trial.

It is not a matter of going free.
It's a matter of due process of law and not no PNM/tuner kangaroo courts.

If these dumb fcuks on tuner ever get charged for any offence they will then balw they want jusstiss .

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 27th, 2016, 7:25 pm

zoom rader wrote:You are one of those that judge a book by its cover. That's why this country is in mess.

Irony apocalypse.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 15th, 2019, 10:32 am

Airport inquiry to start over 15 years later

The pro­tract­ed “Pi­ar­co Two” pre­lim­i­nary in­quiry in­to fraud charges aris­ing out of the con­struc­tion of the $1.6 bil­lion Pi­ar­co In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port has to be restart­ed.

The de­ci­sion to restart the in­quiry, which is quite pos­si­bly the longest-run­ning and largest fraud case in the coun­try’s his­to­ry, was based on the re­tire­ment of for­mer Se­nior Mag­is­trate Ejen­ny Es­pinet, who left the Ju­di­cia­ry last year with the in­quiry at an ad­vanced stage, but still in­com­plete.

Last year, the Of­fice of the Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions (DPP) at­tempt­ed to utilise Sec­tion 23(8) of the In­dictable Of­fences (Pre­lim­i­nary En­quiry) Act 2005 to have the in­dict­ments for the charges filed in the High Court, with­out the in­quiry, over whether there is suf­fi­cient ev­i­dence to war­rant the charges, be­ing com­plet­ed.

The leg­is­la­tion em­pow­ers the DPP’s Of­fice to take such ac­tion in cir­cum­stances where mag­is­trates have heard ev­i­dence which dis­clos­es a pri­ma fa­cie case but fail to com­plete the pre­lim­i­nary in­quiry due to phys­i­cal or men­tal in­fir­mi­ty, res­ig­na­tion, re­tire­ment or death.

The move was chal­lenged by some of the per­sons and com­pa­nies be­fore the in­quiry- busi­ness­men Steve Fer­gu­son and Ish­war Gal­barans­ingh, for­mer Fi­nance Min­is­ter Bri­an Kuei Tung and gov­ern­ment of­fi­cials Pe­ter Cateau and Ty­rone Gopee.

De­liv­er­ing a 45-page judge­ment at the Hall of Jus­tice in Port-of-Spain, yes­ter­day morn­ing, High Court Judge Devin­dra Ram­per­sad up­held the group’s chal­lenge.

Ram­per­sad ruled that the leg­is­la­tion con­tained a pro­vi­sion that stat­ed that it on­ly had ef­fect af­ter Sep­tem­ber 2005.

Al­though the DPP’s Of­fice claimed that the case start­ed well af­ter the dead­line as Es­pinet was forced to deal with a myr­i­ad of pre­lim­i­nary le­gal is­sues be­fore its first wit­ness even­tu­al­ly gave ev­i­dence in 2008, Ram­per­sad ruled that the case be­gan as the men were first charged and hauled be­fore the court in May 2004.

“Any oth­er in­ter­pre­ta­tion would be to ren­der the ad­min­is­tra­tive or case man­age­ment steps as ex­ist­ing in lim­bo with­out any statu­to­ry un­der­pin­ning as to pow­ers and ju­ris­dic­tion. There is noth­ing un­du­ly com­plex with re­spect to this find­ing,” Ram­per­sad said.

Ram­per­sad al­so stat­ed that he did not have to analyse Hansard records to de­ter­mine whether Par­lia­ment in­tend­ed the leg­is­la­tion to have a ret­ro­spec­tive ef­fect.

“In any event, how­ev­er, if even the court is wrong on that, it is ob­vi­ous that the par­lia­men­tary de­bates sup­port­ed this very same con­clu­sion,” Ram­per­sad said.

As part of his rul­ing, Ram­per­sad grant­ed a de­c­la­ra­tion that the DPP’s Of­fice is ex­press­ly barred from us­ing the leg­is­la­tion and an­oth­er that the claimants can on­ly be law­ful­ly com­mit­ted to stand tri­al af­ter a fresh pre­lim­i­nary in­quiry be­fore a new mag­is­trate.

He al­so or­dered that the State pay the group’s le­gal costs for bring­ing the law­suit.

Con­tact­ed yes­ter­day evening, DPP Roger Gas­pard, SC, said his of­fice was yet to de­cide whether it would ap­peal Ram­per­sad’s judge­ment.

“Con­sid­er­ing my le­gal op­tions. Need to con­fer with my le­gal team,” Gas­pard said in a text mes­sage re­sponse.

If the judge­ment is not ap­pealed, the case will be ran­dom­ly re­as­signed and then restart­ed.

The oth­er per­sons, who did not file the le­gal chal­lenge but will be af­fect­ed by the out­come, are Am­rith Ma­haraj, Raul Gui­tier­rez, Ronald

Birk, Ed­uar­do Hill­man, Sadiq Baksh, Ameer Edoo, Re­nee Pierre and five com­pa­nies as­so­ci­at­ed with some of the men- Mar­itime Gen­er­al In­sur­ance Com­pa­ny, Mar­itime Life (Caribbean), Fi­deli­ty Fi­nance and Leas­ing Com­pa­ny, North­ern Con­struc­tion and Cal­maquip En­gi­neer­ing Cor­po­ra­tion. Ed­ward Bay­ley was al­so be­fore the in­quiry but passed away dur­ing it.

This is the sec­ond time in re­cent his­to­ry that such an is­sue with a mag­is­trate has oc­curred.

In 2017, it arose af­ter for­mer Chief Mag­is­trate Mar­cia Ay­ers-Cae­sar took up a ju­di­cial ap­point­ment with 53 pre­lim­i­nary in­quiries still pend­ing be­fore her.

The Of­fice of the At­tor­ney Gen­er­al filed a statu­to­ry in­ter­pre­ta­tion on what should hap­pen to the cas­es, which al­so re­sult­ed in all them hav­ing to be restart­ed.

While most of those cas­es were quick­ly restart­ed and com­plet­ed, it is un­like­ly that such is sit­u­a­tion would oc­cur with the Pi­ar­co in­quiry due to the com­plex na­ture of the charges and the length of time that has elapsed since the of­fences were al­leged­ly com­mit­ted.

Fer­gu­son, Gal­barans­ingh, Cateau, Kuei Tung and Gopee were rep­re­sent­ed by Fyard Ho­sein, SC, Ed­ward Fitzger­ald, QC, Sasha Bridge­mo­han, Aadam Ho­sein and An­nette Mam­chan. Elaine Green rep­re­sent­ed the DPP’s Of­fice.

Source: https://guardian.co.tt/news/airport-inq ... 96f7849f8f

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 15th, 2019, 10:39 am

Spinning top in mud, except that it costs a fuckton of money

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”