:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby nick639v2 » December 1st, 2021, 10:53 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:A mild pressure wash is much more effective at removing surface dirt before hand wash. A foam Cannon is only useful to spread the soap.
True
But i was told them "touchless" foam does work good too
I'll post a vid a day and link it.. regular foam wash to me does barely anything to surface contamination coming off, just give your car a spray off with the pw first for same result... BUT the nerta touchless wash, man it's a thing I love.. foam on, leave for 2 mins then rinse from bottom to top with my lil k4 karcher, no need to touch anything, it all comes off.

@gablex is not even a foam wash eh, is regular washing soap, it does just foam nice...

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 1st, 2021, 1:17 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:A mild pressure wash is much more effective at removing surface dirt before hand wash. A foam Cannon is only useful to spread the soap.
True
I'll post a vid a day and link it.. regular foam wash to me does barely anything to surface contamination coming off, just give your car a spray off with the pw first for same result... BUT the nerta touchless wash, man it's a thing I love.. foam on, leave for 2 mins then rinse from bottom to top with my lil k4 karcher, no need to touch anything, it all comes off.

@gablex is not even a foam wash eh, is regular washing soap, it does just foam nice...

X2 Nerta touchless is the way to go!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2021, 1:37 pm

where have it and price ?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 1st, 2021, 1:59 pm

pugboy wrote:where have it and price ?
Double R auto is the distributor for the Nerta brand, there are other resellers who advertise it and other brands. But as usual, stick to reputable NERTA company who does their R&D

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2021, 2:02 pm

how much a gal?

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » December 1st, 2021, 2:05 pm

nerta diamond foam
1L $100
5L $400

nerta thunderwax .... i think this is like a extra step treatment?
$300 /L
$1200 / 5L

yeahhhhh nahhhh i good with bending down with my double bucket and soapy mitt to rub my car down with a lil mother or meguiar's wash and wax.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 1st, 2021, 2:08 pm

bamfo_dennis wrote:nerta thunderwax
$300 /L
$1200 / 5L

yeahhhhh nahhhh i good with bending down with my double bucket and soapy mitt to rub my car down with a lil mother or meguiar's wash and wax.
Thunderwax isn't touchless wash. What he's looking for is Nerta active diamond

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2021, 2:16 pm

ouch

yeah i will stick to the simple green

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 1st, 2021, 4:15 pm

I was told by an 'expert' that Nerta will frig up paint over time due to its alkalinity, making the paint 'chalky'
meem know

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2021, 4:58 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
True

Nerta is for the 1% dawg

LOL

But seriously, i heard/seen good things with the nerta
But it aint in my budget as i dont wash myself most times
But agreed "foam wash" is to apply soap, doesnt really do anything with dirt removal

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2021, 5:01 pm

MG Man wrote:I was told by an 'expert' that Nerta will frig up paint over time due to its alkalinity, making the paint 'chalky'
meem know
I heard this about "touchless" foam in general...
Never was aimed at a particular brand but i wont doubt it. If it so strong to not require mechanical agitation, must come with a catch

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » December 1st, 2021, 5:07 pm

Anyone seen the Makita quiet series compressors locally?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2021, 5:28 pm

the mere fact that a pressure washer will not remove all the dirt from a vehicles kinda implies that no foam will do the same mechanical work

it might dissolve bird poop and other stuff
but solid gunk particles no way

*KRONIK* wrote:
MG Man wrote:I was told by an 'expert' that Nerta will frig up paint over time due to its alkalinity, making the paint 'chalky'
meem know
I heard this about "touchless" foam in general...
Never was aimed at a particular brand but i wont doubt it. If it so strong to not require mechanical agitation, must come with a catch

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » December 1st, 2021, 6:15 pm

No hands, karcher k4, 3week unwashed daily highway beater, foam on, wash off and leafblower... Before and after, 200ml to 800ml water, so alkalinity is miniscule after pressure washer dilution... Had to wash before I go Tomorrow anyway so I might as well show it. Mud dots circled was covering the entire inner guards and that's all that remain.

Noticed no deterioration of paint or faster wear on the fast spray on wax coating that is applied yearly...

IMG_20211201_181207__01.jpg
IMG_20211201_180643.jpg
IMG_20211201_180428.jpg
IMG_20211201_173911.jpg
IMG_20211201_173108.jpg
IMG_20211201_172617.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 1st, 2021, 7:09 pm

I have a foam cannon and truthfully, have found no discernible difference between using the form cannon or not.

The vehicle still needs to be washed by hand as the foam does a pretty weak job at removal. Tried chemical guys, mother's, meguiars, and a couple of others and all meh.

Agree that a light pressure washer will do a good job. What I really do is pressure wash first, then foam and maybe leave that foam for extra lather while shampooing with bucket and mitt.

However... The foam cannon works wonders with Autoglym Traffic Film Remover. That is an alkaline product so that is used very infrequently. I will usually use this when the vehicle is really dirty and mostly would use on wheels and wheel wells. That TFR foams well and strips away the majority of dirt. After that the car needs a shampoo and good to go.

This TFR works well when I plan to wax the car as I know it would strip old wax layers.

The Nerta sounds like that... If it is, then this type of product should not be for regular maintenance washes. It should be reserved for very dirty washes or washes before doing a full detail.

I have a whole gallon of the Autoglym TFR and use about 50 ml or so when I do. If anyone would like a sample to to try, I have a bit... Let me know via PM and we can make some arrangements.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 1st, 2021, 8:03 pm

To be quite honest, the only thing I used to use my foam cannon was spray the driveway with soap/chlorine mix

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 1st, 2021, 9:38 pm

How did that work to clean the driveway?

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » December 2nd, 2021, 8:01 am

Booster.jpg
Booster.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
Last week I bought one of them battery booster thing, Gooloo 1500 is the brand and model number

This morning I had the opportunity to use it.

Thing work real good.

I think the every person who multiple vehicles should own one of these. Never know when you might need a boost!

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » December 2nd, 2021, 8:10 am

Yeah...these are awesome...figure out thecspot in your car that stays the coolest and keep it there

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 2nd, 2021, 8:30 am

jackal wrote:
Booster.jpg
Last week I bought one of them battery booster thing, Gooloo 1500 is the brand and model number

Thing work real good.

I think the every person who multiple vehicles should own one of these. Never know when you might need a boost!

Locally sourced ? Been considering one of these and I believe some have built in usb c and other usb charging and flashlight ?

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » December 3rd, 2021, 10:29 am

Kenjo wrote:
jackal wrote:Booster.jpgLast week I bought one of them battery booster thing, Gooloo 1500 is the brand and model number

Thing work real good.

Locally sourced ? Been considering one of these and I believe some have built in usb c and other usb charging and flashlight ?

Brought it off Amazon.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 3rd, 2021, 7:58 pm

re foam, the benefit of foam vs a bucket of sudsy water is lubricity. 'Slippery' water or foam helps to lift dirt off the painted surfaces with less risk of scratches/swirls. Good quality foam takes sudsy water to the next level
Having said that, not all foams are created equally. Squezy in a foam cannon will foam, but it's not the same as a quality car wash foam
So basically same effort as bucket of car wash but lower risk of swirls / fine scratches

jackal
Riding on 18's

The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby jackal » December 6th, 2021, 7:44 am

Had some cabinetry work to do so I picked up this.
Kreg 520 pocket hole jig.jpg

This is better that the
Kreg K4MS pocket hole jig.jpg

used this one for the past few years, but when you have large work, like sheet stock to make pockets, well, not so portable.

Picket it up at Kelvin Ghany at Trincity, price is a bit cheaper than buying it off Amazon.

Real portable and very fast joinery.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 6th, 2021, 8:08 am

jackal wrote:Had some cabinetry work to do so I picked up this.

This is better that the

used this one for the past few years, but when you have large work, like sheet stock to make pockets, well, not so portable.

Picket it up at Kelvin Ghany at Trincity, price is a bit cheaper than buying it off Amazon.

Yes kelvin Ghany has some really interesting stuff there . That line of products is really wide at making things much easier

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 6th, 2021, 8:24 am

carluva wrote:How did that work to clean the driveway?
Dissolves moss in about an hour

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Re: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby Jerry84 » December 7th, 2021, 9:03 pm

jackal wrote:Had some cabinetry work to do so I picked up this.

This is better that the

What was the price?

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » December 8th, 2021, 5:03 am

It was about 7 something for it.

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » December 9th, 2021, 6:24 am

Duramax XP11500EH.jpg

Anybody ever run one of these on our local LPG gas, you know the one we cook with?

How do the function and what type of connection do I need?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 9th, 2021, 9:22 am

Does it say LPG or propane? If it needs propane then get propane. That's not a BBQ grill.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 10th, 2021, 1:28 pm

jackal wrote:Anybody ever run one of these on our local LPG gas, you know the one we cook with?

How do the function and what type of connection do I need?

Strugglerzinc wrote:Does it say LPG or propane? If it needs propane then get propane. That's not a BBQ grill.

If you use a 20 lbs tank, you will need to retrofit a high pressure snap-on LPG regulator and supply line to the fitting that your generator will require.

There is precious little performance difference between LPG (propane, butane, isobutane, butylenes, propylene mix) and propane until the outside temperate gets below about 5°C, where users must switch from the gas mix to just propane.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/propane-butane-mix-d_1043.html#:~:text=Butane%20evaporates%20at%2033o,oC)%20at%20atmospheric%20pressure.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”