Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby carluva » November 26th, 2021, 6:55 am

The only blade used was the clearing blade which came when I got the wacker.

Using a blade takes some skill because the bush tends to fall back on the wacker and, for me, got tangled up a few times in the head. Unlike the line which kicks everything away and clears as it cuts.
pugboy wrote:anybody ever use them saw blade on a wacker ?

I see there is one which looks like a circular saw blade but the teeth are made up like a chain saw.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2021, 9:00 am

bought the blade in barrackpore yesterday $160
apart from the chain teeth, it has teeth in between which are not for cutting but to limit the depth of cut to very small bite
probably as a safety to avoid large bites and jamming.

418E57B9-B0D5-42A7-8794-95BDA2B867AA.jpeg

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » November 26th, 2021, 9:56 am

The saw tooth blade is useful for small plants and trees up to 2" thick. But I wouldn't rely on it for thick tall grass. The second you hit debris or uneven ground while cutting (this will inevitably happen) it'll get damaged.

I originally used the 3 point blade that came with my wacker but then a friend suggested I get the straight blade. The difference was night and day. And it can cut small trees.

With tall grass the trick is to sweep from the top down (cut on three levels, top, middle & root). That way you avoid getting tangled.

I maintain 7 lots of land on a regular basis with the straight blade (more often in the rainy season.) I don't think I'd ever go back to the original 3 point I got with the wacker.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2021, 4:02 pm

yeah it is for an empty lot next door which has over the last year become infested with some kind of weed tree which spreads real fast.
it is soft, a cutlass can take them down easily so this blade should work.

Seeing a lot of lots in woodbrook with this weed tree over the last year.

I also have both the star and straight blade on my wacker, the straight blade cuts zoysia grass real nice.

Cooper wrote:The saw tooth blade is useful for small plants and trees up to 2" thick. But I wouldn't rely on it for thick tall grass. The second you hit debris or uneven ground while cutting (this will inevitably happen) it'll get damaged.

I originally used the 3 point blade that came with my wacker but then a friend suggested I get the straight blade. The difference was night and day. And it can cut small trees.

With tall grass the trick is to sweep from the top down (cut on three levels, top, middle & root). That way you avoid getting tangled.

I maintain 7 lots of land on a regular basis with the straight blade (more often in the rainy season.) I don't think I'd ever go back to the original 3 point I got with the wacker.

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » November 26th, 2021, 8:46 pm

pugboy wrote:yeah it is for an empty lot next door which has over the last year become infested with some kind of weed tree which spreads real fast.
it is soft, a cutlass can take them down easily so this blade should work.

Seeing a lot of lots in woodbrook with this weed tree over the last year.

I also have both the star and straight blade on my wacker, the straight blade cuts zoysia grass real nice.

Cooper wrote:The saw tooth blade is useful for small plants and trees up to 2" thick. But I wouldn't rely on it for thick tall grass. The second you hit debris or uneven ground while cutting (this will inevitably happen) it'll get damaged.

Zoysia grass you say?

The real zoysia, emerald green, real thick and about 1/8" wide.

The meyer brand?

I got about 6 plugs, 1"x 1", about 20+ years ago, best lawn grass, had crickets eating out the roots and lost the entire lot.

If so, I looking for a bit of that grass.

If you have that variety, can a have a few rhizomes?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2021, 8:57 pm

i have two sets, one place has the common zoysia you see by hilton and in santa cruz
this is thin and bermuda like

other is imported, it is zenith zoysia from seeds i got in
zenith is supposedly a variant of meyer
much nicer blade width and colour

i am in pos

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » November 26th, 2021, 9:41 pm

pugboy wrote:i have two sets, one place has the common zoysia you see by hilton and in santa cruz
this is thin and bermuda like

other is imported, it is zenith zoysia from seeds i got in
zenith is supposedly a variant of meyer
much nicer blade width and colour

i am in pos

That have an emerald green also, same 1/8" width.

Beginning to wonder now which one I had.

Can I get a few sprigs of that one? I in Rio Claro.

I can always come up a weekend one of these days when I off duty.

When next you there send a pic to 484-8737

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 27th, 2021, 5:32 am

will send pics later today,
I actually posted pics here years ago of the planting process, will look for the thread.

I can leave the sprigs with somebody in princes town if you want.
Usually go there once a week.

jackal wrote:That have an emerald green also, same 1/8" width.

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » November 27th, 2021, 8:10 am

pugboy wrote:will send pics later today,
I actually posted pics here years ago of the planting process, will look for the thread.

I can leave the sprigs with somebody in princes town if you want.
Usually go there once a week.

jackal wrote:That have an emerald green also, same 1/8" width.

That will be awesome, i am off until the 13 or 14th Dec. Just let me know

grnrstbn
Ricer

Postby grnrstbn » November 29th, 2021, 10:17 pm

Good Evening! Once again I come to you with a non-tool question where google didn't help me much.

What exactly is boxing board? Can I use it to build a temporary shed that would be sitting sheltered under a galvanized roof? Instead of buying 2x4s in Bagwang.

The other project I would use it for is as edge frame for kids' sandbox. Would that last out in the rain?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 29th, 2021, 11:20 pm

No, boxing board is very soft wood, most of the time its hog plum trees...and its usually wet as once it dries its easily deformed and not sturdy at all

You can look into construction ply or galvanize for a temp shed

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 30th, 2021, 5:14 am

X_Factor wrote:No, boxing board is very soft wood, most of the time its hog plum trees...and its usually wet as once it dries its easily deformed and not sturdy at all

Even with ply isn’t there more than one type ? Construction and another one I believe are the most popular ? Anyone knows the difference in uses ?

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » November 30th, 2021, 6:43 am

Kenjo wrote:
X_Factor wrote:No, boxing board is very soft wood, most of the time its hog plum trees...and its usually wet as once it dries its easily deformed and not sturdy at all

Even with ply isn’t there more than one type ? Construction and another one I believe are the most popular ? Anyone knows the difference in uses ?
Construction, Brazilian and marine ply are the 3 I know of with marine being the most expensive and waterproof. Maybe someone else can correctly fill in the rest of uses

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 30th, 2021, 6:45 am

boxing board as said is usually junk quality wood, intended for making concrete forms for columns etc.

construction ply is more commonly used for concrete, made from lower grade wood and has less layers
but usually can take wetting better. Cheaper as it is one use.

only marine ply can take water effectively but much more expensive, like twice price.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 30th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Hey everyone, not sure if this qualifies as a tool but a friend of mine wanted to know where sells foam cannons for pressure washers. Thanks in advance

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 30th, 2021, 1:20 pm

david12 wrote:Hey everyone, not sure if this qualifies as a tool but a friend of mine wanted to know where sells foam cannons for pressure washers. Thanks in advance

check ft farfan or hadden & co ... khanico shud have too

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 30th, 2021, 1:21 pm

for outdoor wood projects they have d artificial composite wood plank "boards" selling too ... kelvin ghany

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 30th, 2021, 1:22 pm

david12 wrote:Hey everyone, not sure if this qualifies as a tool but a friend of mine wanted to know where sells foam cannons for pressure washers. Thanks in advance
Bought mine in interchem

grnrstbn
Ricer

Postby grnrstbn » November 30th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Thank you all! Lumber prices are crazy right now that's why I was looking at the boxing board. I will do a little drawing and then price it in a few ways to make it as cheapo as possible...

grnrstbn
Ricer

Postby grnrstbn » November 30th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Rovin wrote:for outdoor wood projects they have d artificial composite wood plank "boards" selling too ... kelvin ghany

Thanks, yes I never looked at the price of those, will do it now.

grnrstbn
Ricer

Postby grnrstbn » November 30th, 2021, 1:36 pm

hindian wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Construction, Brazilian and marine ply are the 3 I know of with marine being the most expensive and waterproof. Maybe someone else can correctly fill in the rest of uses

Correct, construction is the cheapest and worst quality. Brazilian what we get here is usually B/C what means one side (the B) is better than the other. This is good enough to make furniture for example. Marine is the nicest but the price is maybe 4x of normal ply, so I never had a chance to try it. :cry:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 30th, 2021, 1:40 pm

grnrstbn wrote:Thank you all! Lumber prices are crazy right now that's why I was looking at the boxing board. I will do a little drawing and then price it in a few ways to make it as cheapo as possible...

maybe look at splitting some fat free bamboo from d bush , doubt u cud get cheaper than dat .... or some teak or hardwood scrap cut offs from sawmills which usually reasonably priced

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 30th, 2021, 3:16 pm

Rovin wrote:

nick639v2 wrote:
Bought mine in interchem
Thanks Rovin and Nick!

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 30th, 2021, 10:36 pm

david12 wrote:
Rovin wrote:

nick639v2 wrote:
Bought mine in interchem
Thanks Rovin and Nick!
Interchem one works well with 1.1mm orifice.. but their simple green foam wash is trash, I switched to budget wash from gable X with better results and garage fresh foam wash if u want shaving cream type foam

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 30th, 2021, 10:50 pm

How effective them foam wash taking off stuff before using hands ?

Where sells the gable x foam wash?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 1st, 2021, 8:27 am

A mild pressure wash is much more effective at removing surface dirt before hand wash. A foam Cannon is only useful to spread the soap.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 1st, 2021, 9:32 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:A mild pressure wash is much more effective at removing surface dirt before hand wash. A foam Cannon is only useful to spread the soap.

A lot of people rate these foam washed as ‘ raising up the dirt ‘ with no physical effort .

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 1st, 2021, 10:05 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:A mild pressure wash is much more effective at removing surface dirt before hand wash. A foam Cannon is only useful to spread the soap.
True
But i was told them "touchless" foam does work good too

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 1st, 2021, 10:09 am

Placebo effect. Spray water with a garden hose and it will also remove loose dust and dirt, which is what happens when you wash off the shaving cream foam anyway. You just can't see it flowing off with plain water as you can with white foam.

When you spend your money on a foam Cannon you bet your arse you're going to say it works.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2021, 10:31 am

the emperors new clothes

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”