this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

Postby fred1266 » May 12th, 2021, 7:48 am

src1983 wrote:
fred1266 wrote:Image

hi can someone explain what i need to enter here, was trying to set up port forward for a game but not sure how to proceed

I am assuming this is your gateway and controls the routing of your network right?

ie: modem/Router (device you entering the settings) > LAN

yea it my flow modem

currently having alot of issue while playing game so was thinking of opening ports/port forwarding to see if it helps

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 12th, 2021, 8:11 am

am new to this so forgive me for the dumb question

Description: Game port

Inbound port (the port or port rage your want to open) where to i find this

Format: TCP or UDP (if unsure select both) - am getting this from the game right

Private IP addresss: the Address of the computer you playing the game on (this should be set as static on the machine) - where i getting this

Local port: the port should match the above (for simplicity)[/quote] - again where am getting this lol

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 12th, 2021, 9:02 am

fred1266 wrote:am new to this so forgive me for the dumb question

Format: TCP or UDP (if unsure select both) - am getting this from the game right

Private IP addresss: the Address of the computer you playing the game on (this should be set as static on the machine) - where i getting this

Local port: the port should match the above (for simplicity)

Inbound port: This port is used to trigger the local port which is used for your network application in this case your game. This port number can be any port and it's only used to trigger the local port. I've set this up before to connect to a web server on my PC.

Format: Select both if unsure

Private IP addresss: This is the IP address of your PC where the game in installed it needs to be on the same network as the FLOW box's ip address assuming you aren't using your own router between the FLOW Internet Box and your own PC's.

Local port: This is the port number the network application is using in this case your game. Check the online forums or documentation for the port that your specific game uses.

When it comes down to it these things are quite complicated for the average user and I would recommend you use a VPN server like Hamachi which alot of people use online for gaming between their friends. This is a better solution as it offers an additional layer of protection as it encrypts your session between you and everyone else rather than opening up your PC to the world by using the unsafe port triggering / port forwarding on the internet box.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 12th, 2021, 9:26 am

DMan7 wrote:

Inbound port: This port is used to trigger the local port which is used for your network application in this case your game. This port number can be any port and it's only used to trigger the local port. I've set this up before to connect to a web server on my PC.

Format: Select both if unsure

Private IP addresss: This is the IP address of your PC where the game in installed it needs to be on the same network as the FLOW box's ip address assuming you aren't using your own router between the FLOW Internet Box and your own PC's.

Local port: This is the port number the network application is using in this case your game. Check the online forums or documentation for the port that your specific game uses.

When it comes down to it these things are quite complicated for the average user and I would recommend you use a VPN server like Hamachi which alot of people use online for gaming between their friends. This is a better solution as it offers an additional layer of protection as it encrypts your session between you and everyone else rather than opening up your PC to the world by using the unsafe port triggering / port forwarding on the internet box.

ok thanks mate

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 15th, 2021, 1:27 pm

https://youtu.be/I2v7upAlsGU Allyuh check this out, this girl basically compared all the various internet providers in Trinidad And Tobago

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » May 15th, 2021, 5:11 pm

- again where am getting this lol[/quote]

Google your game service

There are standard ports to open depending on the service you're using PlayStation/Xbox/Steam

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » May 17th, 2021, 5:49 pm

novastar1 wrote:

- again where am getting this lol

Google your game service

There are standard ports to open depending on the service you're using PlayStation/Xbox/Steam[/quote]
ok thanks

R3TROB3N
Ricer

Postby R3TROB3N » May 21st, 2021, 2:26 pm

Budget PC Builds
For the guys whom want to get into PC Gaming In Trinidad And Tobago, this girl did a hella good video on budget pc builds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 21st, 2021, 3:15 pm

It's good that she can make videos... The info on the other hand is questionable.
R3TROB3N wrote:Budget PC Builds
For the guys whom want to get into PC Gaming In Trinidad And Tobago, this girl did a hella good video on budget pc builds!

ftitan
Street 2NR

Postby ftitan » May 21st, 2021, 4:17 pm

Idk about that. Those parts look like they will age like milk.

Now is a bad time to build a pc too. I rebuilt mine just before the price hike last year and it probably $150 more than her most expensive build. I lost the silicon lottery on ram but I do ultra with 70+ fps if I play on 1080p.

If you want to get the same performance now you'll be looking at $900+. That is if you can find a good gpu at a reasonable price.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 21st, 2021, 4:35 pm

What RAM did you get?
ftitan wrote:

Idk about that. Those parts look like they will age like milk.

Now is a bad time to build a pc too. I rebuilt mine just before the price hike last year and it probably $150 more than her most expensive build. I lost the silicon lottery on ram but I do ultra with 70+ fps if I play on 1080p.

If you want to get the same performance now you'll be looking at $900+. That is if you can find a good gpu at a reasonable price.

ftitan
Street 2NR

Postby ftitan » May 21st, 2021, 5:07 pm

kamakazi wrote:What RAM did you get?

Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3600C18. System was crashing and rebooting at 2133 to 3600mhz. I thought it was a bad psu until it tested good.
Then I ran Thaiphoon..turns out it's nanya A-die which is absolute garbage. Eventually figured out the right settings to get it run stable at 3600. I'd recommend avoiding that ram for ryzen if you want tight timings.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 21st, 2021, 6:35 pm

Ouch... Would advise crucial memory for budget overclocking if you had to do it over again

oSaRi.
Street 2NR

Postby oSaRi. » June 27th, 2021, 11:55 am

Anyone know where I can get "Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module"

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 27th, 2021, 7:06 pm

oSaRi. wrote:Anyone know where I can get "Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module"

Ahhh boi somebody looking to upgrade to Windows 11 already considering that's one of the requirements for the new Windows OS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184907536413?h ... SwafVg17L2

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » June 29th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Need some help guys. I have a few hard drives from a NetApp NAS and a lil old server trying to make up a home lab. then only to figure out the drives cant work because of the formatting on it. The RAID controller sees the drives but cannot initialize it. Upon realizing after some research that the format size of the drives are 520bytes versus the ole 512bytes standard. So what I need to get just for a little bit is a server or machine with a HBA with SAS capable controller (JBOD) to change the formatting of the drives. Anyone has any resource like that ? I would be very much appreciate it .

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 29th, 2021, 11:09 pm

make meh care wrote:Need some help guys. I have a few hard drives from a NetApp NAS and a lil old server trying to make up a home lab. then only to figure out the drives cant work because of the formatting on it. The RAID controller sees the drives but cannot initialize it. Upon realizing after some research that the format size of the drives are 520bytes versus the ole 512bytes standard. So what I need to get just for a little bit is a server or machine with a HBA with SAS capable controller (JBOD) to change the formatting of the drives. Anyone has any resource like that ? I would be very much appreciate it .

got a couple of old Dell PowerEdge servers at work....would not be able to lend one but you can do what u need to do at my office...PM me

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 1st, 2021, 5:24 am

those dells are the truth, i vex i sell mines

Marlon...
Riding on 13's

Postby Marlon... » July 8th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Last edited by Marlon... on July 8th, 2021, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » July 11th, 2021, 11:52 am

stev wrote:
make meh care wrote:Need some help guys. I have a few hard drives from a NetApp NAS and a lil old server trying to make up a home lab. then only to figure out the drives cant work because of the formatting on it. The RAID controller sees the drives but cannot initialize it. Upon realizing after some research that the format size of the drives are 520bytes versus the ole 512bytes standard. So what I need to get just for a little bit is a server or machine with a HBA with SAS capable controller (JBOD) to change the formatting of the drives. Anyone has any resource like that ? I would be very much appreciate it .

got a couple of old Dell PowerEdge servers at work....would not be able to lend one but you can do what u need to do at my office...PM me

Thanks stev got thru

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » July 15th, 2021, 12:25 pm

stev wrote:

always so helpful, but still can't help yourself get an e for your name...

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » July 15th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Lol that took me back to a different 2nr era
Wb wb

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 17th, 2021, 2:52 pm

zorced wrote:Lol that took me back to a different 2nr era
Wb wb

Lol for real eh

stev never used to catch a break :lol:

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » July 17th, 2021, 11:03 pm

:lol: old times yes...

...my name is still not STEVE!!!!!!!one!!!!111!

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » July 21st, 2021, 8:53 am

So I accidentally spilled water on monitor , so it showing distorted colour any advice how to fix

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 21st, 2021, 12:28 pm

fred1266 wrote:So I accidentally spilled water on monitor , so it showing distorted colour any advice how to fix

How much water?

Maybe open it up and spray with CRC QD Contact Cleaner - that will also dispell moisture .
Look for a contact cleaner with a low kb value, like 15 or 20 - that will ensure it does not damage the plastic. Take out the ribbon cable if there is one and spray the connectors with teh contact cleaner. Leave it to evaporate.
Don't spray the screen !!!!- only the connectors and circuit board.
Make sure to unplug the power first! lol

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » July 21st, 2021, 12:50 pm

Ok

Currently it showing with discoloration

So just incase I have to get one any recommendations, have bought a new monitor in years and can't do any research

I mainly play FIFA and watch movies on it

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » July 21st, 2021, 1:55 pm

what model you currently have?

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » July 21st, 2021, 3:00 pm

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » July 21st, 2021, 5:08 pm

ok so it's an LED monitor....to fix it is as simple as getting the moisture out....best way in my opinion is to disassemble then dry(I'm sure you can get a S23A950D disassembly guide online)

if not and u want to buy a new one it's all based on how much u wanna spend really....i suggest getting an ultrawide since you play Fifa (better field of view). Can never go wrong with Samsung or LG.

edit: follow what Duane said if you fixing it yourself

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”