Forums

PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 1:12 am

Why would anybody in their right mind buy a GTX 1650?

When you can get a RX 580 8GB with double that power for the same price?

I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a RX 580 and went from 30 FPS in RDR2 to 70 FPS

Nvidia like Apple and others have been using their driver updates to slow down the older GPU. This has been happening since Maxwell days of the GTX 680 which is why with age Nvidia cards get significantly slower and AMD gets significantly faster.

It's called ScamVidia for a reason.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » July 9th, 2020, 12:54 pm

^the 1650 super is actually on par with the rx580 though ........

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm

ru$$ell wrote:^the 1650 super is actually on par with the rx580 though ........

The super is a Decent card but still not on Par with a RX 580 in a number of games and as new games come out which way higher VRAM requirements the 1650 super will perform horrible.

The 1650 Super is a 4GB card with a poor 128bit memory bus.

The RX 580 is a 8GB card with a 256 bit bus

On many games they are both on par because many games right now don't require more than 4GB VRAM, watch and see how fast this changes in the next 2 years, the only advantage the 1650 super has is lower power requirements.

One would have to be extremely foolish to buy a 1650 super over a 580 considering the 580 will absolutely crush the 1650 super when the VRAM exceeds 4GB, it's already starting to happen. And with PS5 incoming the VRAM usage is going to skyrocket.

Trust me I made the same mistake as you did when the GTX 1060 came out I bought a 3GB 1060 and it was the biggest mistake I had ever made, the 3GB VRAM ran out years ago, right now Apex Legends and Titanfall 2 can use up to 8GB VRAM on insane textures and these are old games.

I don't buy ScamVidia anymore, I went from 30 FPS on the 1060 to almost 70 FPS on the 580 in RDR2 and couldn't be happier. Nvidia releases drivers to slow down their older cards this is a known scam since GTX 680 days, the evidence is clear as day.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 2:07 pm

^ Observe that benchmark in RDR2, the 1060 they posted there is the 6GB which btw did cost MORE than a RX 580 8GB gets 30 FPS.

Don't even talk about thee 3GB version of the 1060 that gets about 17 FPS when I had it. And 30 FPS on custom settings
The 580 is literally faster than a GTX 1070 in RDR2 while costing HALF the price.
This type of nasty behavior from Nvidia can be seen across the many years across many of their GPUs.

So let me state it once more, if you want to buy an Nvidia GPU like a fool, then buy the GTX 1660 Super it is the best bang for the buck from Nvidia. But be warned even that 6GB VRAM in the 1660 isn't going to hold up for more than 3 years.

RX 5700 8GB is a FAR FAR better buy than any of Nvidia's current 6GB offerings.

Buying into Nvidia's 4GB nonsense right now is like buying into Intel's lies about we not needing anything more than 4 CPU cores for Gaming which is why they stuck to 4 Core i7 for donkey years until AMD finally put a stop to that nonsense.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 9th, 2020, 2:49 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Observe that benchmark in RDR2, the 1060 they posted there is the 6GB which btw did cost MORE than a RX 580 8GB gets 30 FPS.

Don't even talk about thee 3GB version of the 1060 that gets about 17 FPS when I had it. And 30 FPS on custom settings
The 580 is literally faster than a GTX 1070 in RDR2 while costing HALF the price.
This type of nasty behavior from Nvidia can be seen across the many years across many of their GPUs.

So let me state it once more, if you want to buy an Nvidia GPU like a fool, then buy the GTX 1660 Super it is the best bang for the buck from Nvidia. But be warned even that 6GB VRAM in the 1660 isn't going to hold up for more than 3 years.

RX 5700 8GB is a FAR FAR better buy than any of Nvidia's current 6GB offerings.

Buying into Nvidia's 4GB nonsense right now is like buying into Intel's lies about we not needing anything more than 4 CPU cores for Gaming which is why they stuck to 4 Core i7 for donkey years until AMD finally put a stop to that nonsense.

To be honest...I was unaware of drivers being released to slow down cards so I will have to do some research on that. Nvidia tends to have the better driver support in my experience but that situation can change.

Thee 1060 3gb and 6gb models differ in more than just the available memory. It had less cores, shaders, etc so yeah... buying that card was definitely not well advised.

Why don't you attach the power consumption chart like you did for Red Dead; let's see that difference also. The RX580 is a bit long in the tooth by GPU standards.

Why did you have to bring up the AMD vs Intel thing. That is another discussion; both parties are guilty of false marketing.
In the end... Intel appears to be the stable platform (things just seem to work) and AMD appears to be the enthusiast platform (needs some testing and tinkering to get it to work).

To the point about the 4 cores for gaming... Intel is kinda right on this one. The best budget gaming CPU, currently has 4 cores (3300x). AMD just made it more affordable to get more cores for people who needed more processing power than games alone will ever use.

What is the price of an RX5700?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNREST IN PORT OF SPAIN

Postby Chimera » July 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm

1650 super arriving monday lol

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 5:04 pm

kamakazi wrote:
To be honest...I was unaware of drivers being released to slow down cards so I will have to do some research on that. Nvidia tends to have the better driver support in my experience but that situation can change.

Thee 1060 3gb and 6gb models differ in more than just the available memory. It had less cores, shaders, etc so yeah... buying that card was definitely not well advised.

Why don't you attach the power consumption chart like you did for Red Dead; let's see that difference also. The RX580 is a bit long in the tooth by GPU standards.

Why did you have to bring up the AMD vs Intel thing. That is another discussion; both parties are guilty of false marketing.
In the end... Intel appears to be the stable platform (things just seem to work) and AMD appears to be the enthusiast platform (needs some testing and tinkering to get it to work).

To the point about the 4 cores for gaming... Intel is kinda right on this one. The best budget gaming CPU, currently has 4 cores (3300x). AMD just made it more affordable to get more cores for people who needed more processing power than games alone will ever use.

If you watch this video you would see that you are wrong about 4 cores for gaming.

Future Gaming on PC as Linus describes here is going to require 10 Cores due to SSD Compression for instant loading times to compete with PS5. And all the intelligent people who didn't fall for Intel's scam and instead bought Ryzen CPUs shall be the winners of the future without having to upgrade as most Ryzen owners have anywhere between 12 to 16 threaded CPUs

And we still have not discussed cores used for using streaming apps, discord among other things while gaming. Plus the fact that PS5 16 threads and dedicated controller that requires no CPU resources for SSD compression means next gen games are going to need much higher core count as some games currently use up to 12 threads. The losers of next gen are going to be Intel owners who bought CPUs like i5 8600k and 9600k since those chips can only do 6 threads max.

Which again proves my point, Intel fooling people isn't a new thing, they have mastered the art of fooling people into believing they should settle for sh!t

And as for Nvidia I have been keeping track of all their cards over the years and they all age like spoiled milk where as AMD ages like fine wine, the reason behind this is Nvidia releases drivers to slow down their cards instead of optimizing it like AMD does. Apple and Samsung does the exact same thing BTW so it isn't a new scam, although it is more difficult to prove it on PC simply because when a new game releases you can't know how it is supposed to perform, what if the Nvidia card just has outdated poor hardware? surely it isn't Nvidia's fault the game runs like sh!t on your older Nvidia card?

Except that the game not only performs better on AMD, but the actual AMD GPU gets faster and faster to the point of even beating a 1070 GPU which cost twice the price. What is happening is quite obvious and has been known for many years

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 5:18 pm

As for your question about RX 580 power draw, it pulls much more current than a 1650 Super according to my ingame profile in real time my 580 GTS XXX super OC edition which is close to a RX 590, pulls max of 144 Watts in intense fight scenes with games on Ultra Settings.

In Remanent of the Ashes my 580 only uses 100 watts. There is the Radeon Chill Option but I leave it turned off as the power doesn't bother me.

Overall it doesn't bother me tho, my AC uses 1400 Watts which is what actually accounts for my current bill.

As for any recommendations I would have, I would always recommend AMD be it budget or no budget, not only is AMD better overall in value for money and with Ryzen they are better in performance than Intel but the fact that AMD manages to pull ahead with significantly less budget than Nvidia and Intel while still pushing TONS of OPEN SOURCE options and supports Open Source 100%, there isn't a single reason for me to choose the other options. It is actually thanks to AMD that we even have open source FreeSync and aren't scammed by Nvidia's G-Sync

Folding At Home is also an incredibly important contribution that PC Gamers can put towards helping humanity by using your extra CPU cores to lend a hand to scientists to help fight COVID 19 and cure Cancer. To say you don't need more than 4 cores is foolish especially when you can have more for less with AMD.

AMD contributes more to humanity by just being AMD.

As you can seethe top CPUs for Folding At Home are consistently AMD

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNREST IN PORT OF SPAIN

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:1650 super arriving monday lol

Doh worry its a good card, you will like it.

So long as you aren't playing latest games, if you're a type of person into newest games AAA titles from EA and others well you will be in big problems soon. But for now the card will work

Most people play games like RainbowSix Siege, CS GO, DOTA 2, Fortnite or Indie titles like Insurgency Sandstorm or PUBG etc. or platformers etc.

If you are like most normal people who are interested in actual fun gameplay and not flash graphics, I don't see you having anything to worry about. Just keep in mind the RX 580 will crush it in a few years to come due to the 8GB VRAM it comes equipped with. Presently the 580 is the best bang for the buck GPU to buy because AMD overproduced 580 and 570 GPUs for Bitcoin Mining. Bitcoin crashed so that's why 580 is so cheap right now, it's a tactical purchase more than anything. AMD isn't being generous by selling this much VRAM and Power for so cheap they just don't know what to do with all these 580 floating around and competing with their own 5500 XT replacement.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 9th, 2020, 6:25 pm

I eh even using it for gameplay.
That's for spreadsheets and word documents lol

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 9th, 2020, 8:06 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I eh even using it for gameplay.
That's for spreadsheets and word documents lol

wtf

If that was the case you could ah get the regular 1650 2GB edition lol :lol:

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 9th, 2020, 11:34 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
kamakazi wrote:

If you watch this video you would see that you are wrong about 4 cores for gaming.

Future Gaming on PC as Linus describes here is going to require 10 Cores due to SSD Compression for instant loading times to compete with PS5. And all the intelligent people who didn't fall for Intel's scam and instead bought Ryzen CPUs shall be the winners of the future without having to upgrade as most Ryzen owners have anywhere between 12 to 16 threaded CPUs

And we still have not discussed cores used for using streaming apps, discord among other things while gaming. Plus the fact that PS5 16 threads and dedicated controller that requires no CPU resources for SSD compression means next gen games are going to need much higher core count as some games currently use up to 12 threads. The losers of next gen are going to be Intel owners who bought CPUs like i5 8600k and 9600k since those chips can only do 6 threads max.

Which again proves my point, Intel fooling people isn't a new thing, they have mastered the art of fooling people into believing they should settle for sh!t

And as for Nvidia I have been keeping track of all their cards over the years and they all age like spoiled milk where as AMD ages like fine wine, the reason behind this is Nvidia releases drivers to slow down their cards instead of optimizing it like AMD does. Apple and Samsung does the exact same thing BTW so it isn't a new scam, although it is more difficult to prove it on PC simply because when a new game releases you can't know how it is supposed to perform, what if the Nvidia card just has outdated poor hardware? surely it isn't Nvidia's fault the game runs like sh!t on your older Nvidia card?

Except that the game not only performs better on AMD, but the actual AMD GPU gets faster and faster to the point of even beating a 1070 GPU which cost twice the price. What is happening is quite obvious and has been known for many years

For whatever reason my original response didn't post so I'm going to abbreviate key points

-Power consumption comparison: https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1945/bench/Power.png
the article it came from if anyone wanted to read it: https://www.techspot.com/review/1945-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-super/

-I have not found any proof with regards to Nvidia nerfing GPU performance using drivers; I have found videos of people testing this claim and discovering differences within margins or error. How far back do we have to go to find any evidence/proof of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7_ujxbdNY&t=703s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrd3cQi9mqI&t=440s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkGu4Wd7vg&t=434s

- Agreed Nvidia has poor open source driver support.

- AMD recently released 2 quad core 8 thread (4C8T) CPUs
- The linked video demonstrates how they hold their own in comparison to hexa core CPUs from the same company's (6C12T); not much performance is left on the table and they never fall into unplayable territory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8r50uvwJ8E

- If you have to do more while playing games, obviously get more cores; Streaming is an entirely different beast and this discussion was about quad cores being sufficient to play games...and they (4C8T) are.

- Both AMD and Intel have done misleading marketing campaigns; it mostly depends on who has to play catch-up

- Large game corporations are also greedy and one or two hardware configurations (PS and XBox) are easier to optimize for than the vast range of PC configurations; This leads me to believe that compromises will be made and because of this I don't see next gen gaming coming as fast as people think it would for PC. Game Requirements for the most part will remain fairly modest.

- It is tough to recommend a 3 year old architecture at present (like the RX580)

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 10th, 2020, 12:51 am

^ Wasn't a tough purchase for me, went from 30 FPS on 1060 3GB to 70 FPS on RX 580 8GB

the 8GB VRAM is going to come in real handy very soon as next gen games releases watch and you will see.

At $140 which I paid for this 580 GTS XXX 8GB I didn't even consider any Nvidia alternative not even in the slightest.

With the arrival of faster SSD and games finally being designed and optimized solely for SSD, the reality of 0 load times no matter how large the stage/map

CPUs with 12 threads are a Absolute Minimum with 8 core and 16 threads more in the ball park, just not to bottleneck next gen SSD according to Linus Tech Tips, you seem to keep associating a Game Engine with cores, it isn't just Game Engines at play, it is also compression for next gen SSD that needs huge amounts of cores if you want that perfect seamless gaming experience.

For example PS5 is capable of swapping Textures from SSD TO VRAM instant, giving it the ability to make close up texture resolution seem more like you are dealing with a PC running a GPU with 1TB of VRAM. This is the key point you keep forgetting, have you not read or looked at EPIC's explanation of how next gen gaming will work on Unreal Engine 5
Watch the videos by Linus Tech Tips he explains it perfectly

I will say it again, people who are building a PC now get as much Cores and VRAM as you can, you need to match the Specs of a PS5 for the very least because games are going to be developed for PS5 and ported to PC

PS5 using a Ryzen 3950X it has 8 cores and 16 threads. A PC needs to match this for the minimum if you want any sort of future proofing at all.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 10th, 2020, 1:02 am

BTW kamakazi I not saying you wrong about the Ryzen 3300X being all you need, that is a very solid Chip.

I don't care about AAA titles, I play CS GO, Hunt Showdown, Remnant from the Ashes, PUBG, Insurgency Sandstorm, Arma 3, DayZ, Escape from Tarkov and League of Legends

None of which will ever require a SSD let alone a next gen SSD, more than 8 CPU threads or anything beyond a RX 580, I could make my PC last me 20 more years comfortable without ever upgrading a single item.

Infact I rather buy Skins in CS GO for $1000 USD than a new PC

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 10th, 2020, 5:12 am

Bit of a correction; The ryzen 3950x is a 16 core 32 thread processor iirc.

A tech demo is simply that, a demonstration of what is possible. I want to see what they actually do with it.

I don't buy a system and wait/hope for the game to be made for it. I get the system to play the games I want to play.

Future proofing is a bit of a fools errand, yeah I want my machine to perform as long as it possibly can, but the rate at which computer tech is always progressing, it makes last generation's flagship take a back seat.

In that same video, the previous gen 6C12T processor is being matched and beaten by current gen 4C8T.

I hear you referring to the SSD tech in the PS5. What is to stop companies from putting those same technologies into its next generation of products.
The old Sandforce controller had hardware compression/decompression, handling requests on the fly. They could potentially add new instructions to CPUs to improve gaming performance; but to spend money on performance you don't need in the hopes that it will be utilized in the future is a false promise.

Like I'm waiting to see if gen 4 pcie will ever be used/activated on the crop of Intel boards currently being sold.

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » July 14th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Anyone selling a new 2060 super or 2070?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 14th, 2020, 2:32 pm

1800GSRLANCER wrote:Anyone selling a new 2060 super or 2070?

It has a PC Gaming group on Facebook for Trinidad check there I saw a 2060 on sale the other day

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 15th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Bodow
20200715_130354.jpeg

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » July 17th, 2020, 12:34 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
1800GSRLANCER wrote:Anyone selling a new 2060 super or 2070?

It has a PC Gaming group on Facebook for Trinidad check there I saw a 2060 on sale the other day

Thanks, I am on that group but that guy ain't respond. I think its sold.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm

I gaming at 720p60hz due to my screen being a tv, having no issues with my zotac 1050ti 4gb at the moment, uses 75w only, insane right.
i have a 1gb 5850 and that pulling like 130w :S. first card i gotten.

looking at the current pricing on the 1650/1660 they are pretty well priced. Excellent power usage and good gaming performance.
i could see about 40% upgrade from the 1050ti ATM, and for under 200USD thats excellent. Black friday sale ill see, i have no need for a upgrade atm.

i ended up building a small system with some used parts/new.
a320
16gb 2666 dual channel
2200g with stock cooler
2gb 460 gigabyte
240gb SSD+ 500gb HDD.
And a 450BT evga
Just need a good case for it, something neat and decent airflow, Airflow really makes a huge diff.

i finally got a fully modular evga 550w g3 for my main system too.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 19th, 2020, 1:31 am

Good stuff... That box is a lot bigger than I expected
Phone Surgeon wrote:Bodow
20200715_130354.jpeg

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » July 19th, 2020, 6:34 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:I gaming at 720p60hz due to my screen being a tv, having no issues with my zotac 1050ti 4gb at the moment, uses 75w only, insane right.
i have a 1gb 5850 and that pulling like 130w :S. first card i gotten.

looking at the current pricing on the 1650/1660 they are pretty well priced. Excellent power usage and good gaming performance.
i could see about 40% upgrade from the 1050ti ATM, and for under 200USD thats excellent. Black friday sale ill see, i have no need for a upgrade atm.

i ended up building a small system with some used parts/new.
a320
16gb 2666 dual channel
2200g with stock cooler
2gb 460 gigabyte
240gb SSD+ 500gb HDD.
And a 450BT evga
Just need a good case for it, something neat and decent airflow, Airflow really makes a huge diff.

i finally got a fully modular evga 550w g3 for my main system too.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=755143&p=10064420#p10064420

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2020, 1:13 am

She has arrived, just in time before election as our Dollar is going to devalue $10 TT to $1 US.

I have what I would consider a 20 year PC, should last me until the year 2040, I don't plan on ever upgrading as there won't be any need to. Except for video card I am sure in 5 years I will get a much better one, the power supply is a Super Flower Gold rated 750 Watt but I had it some years well still going perfectly strong.

Having a CPU that essentially operates as 12 cores / threads is truly something remarkable, huge huge improvement over my old i5 4590 haswell build. Giving my little sister my haswell build she likes to play CS GO and League of Legends and the 4590 runs those 2 games with the Intel HD 4600 igpu. CS GO has to run on 720p but league of legends can run on ultra at 1080p at 60 FPS amazingly.

Ryzen 3600X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard

16GB 3200MHZ Crucial Ballistic Micron Ram

RX 580 XXX edition 8GB which I already had.

Did my cable management best I could, this is an old case Cooler Master HAF 932 case from 2010. So it has ugly silver zinc color inside not the nice pretty black color of newer cases.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 1:38 am

allyuh doh sleep in here?

Anyhew, I know someone was asking about enhancing headphone quality. Found this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Been trying to not keep the neighborhood awake so resorted to a set of shi++y samsung cellphone headphones. Who know these know its bottom of the barrel and I am a person serious about my sound. Installed the stuffz from that link and boosted the low end response, normalized so all the respective bands get cut and I ramp it tuh f**k up.

Rocking this tune now:

and I can play all the notes.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 1:42 am

papa, shiddy samsung headphones rocking notes on this.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2020, 1:47 am

Nerve wrong ched, check audiophile ched but you should invest in some Sennheiser HD 58x jubilee. It's only $150 USD and is about on par with headphones that cost $700 USD

anything below the HD58x Jubilee is rubbish and you are missing out on one of the most beautiful things in life as you are young and still have decent frequency hearing range

Don't live to have regrets when you get older Nerve do it now

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 2:30 am

I feel we will have to get the mods to move it.

You make me gone across to headphones and I automatically gone to JBL. Never knew there we so many different kind of headphones. I see there are gaming headphones, whats the difference between a gaming headphone vs one for sound and noise cancellation? I would not opt for the noise cancellation because i'd like to be able to pick up on background noises in my town.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2020, 2:50 am

nervewrecker wrote:I feel we will have to get the mods to move it.

You make me gone across to headphones and I automatically gone to JBL. Never knew there we so many different kind of headphones. I see there are gaming headphones, whats the difference between a gaming headphone vs one for sound and noise cancellation? I would not opt for the noise cancellation because i'd like to be able to pick up on background noises in my town.

Noise cancellation is for when you really want to block noise and have no choice, it adds distortion and other crap to your sound quality, it is considered a joke for serious listening quality. But they leak every thing all the sound but the fact that the back is opened means the sound isn't trapped in your head there is no sound pressure so what happens is it now sounds like loud speakers near your head giving you better sound stage and airiness.

JBL is pure rubbish for headphones, they make excellent studio monitor speakers but they can't make headphones.

Open Back Sennheisers are KING of headphones there is no comparison not even remotely close unless you are talking about Audeze LCD2 planar magnetics which run for $1000 USD.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 10th, 2020, 5:37 am

I very iffy about some of the new lower end and mid line JBL products, the higher end stuff looks good. Client of mine has some JBL stuff, looks solid built and well....is JBL so yuh know nah :lol:

I heard some sonus speakers at a client house. Was left in awe

https://www.sonusfaber.com/en/products/pryma/

Not seeing it brand new on amazon :(

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » August 10th, 2020, 1:33 pm

You can get a relatively 'cheap' planar-magnetic HIFIMAN HE-4XX on Drop (Massdrop) for 160 US.

...and yes, it's as good as all the reviews say.

Pair it with a proper DAC/amp (like the Schiit Fulla 3 or Schiit Stack) and you may not need anything else, ever again (or, until you have more money to spend ).

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”