Forums

3ne2nr Hunters

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum

3ne2nr Hunters

Postby Sheriff » October 1st, 2010, 11:18 am

Hunting Season opens today; I'm making this thread so we can show what we catch during the season while hunting. Here we all can share safety tips and any other hunting tips or advice that may help other hunters on the forum. Please feel free to add any tips and advise you may feel necessary.
So 3ne2nr Hunters we have our own Thread now.

Happy Hunting.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: 3ne2nr Hunters

Postby Rainman » October 1st, 2010, 11:25 am

Raccoon hunting usually takes place every Friday.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » October 1st, 2010, 11:35 am

Wow I haven't been in the bush in years. I'm no hunter but dad and his brothers all grew up hunting Moruga and Catsil. 6 hounds around the house was normal. Mom was livid when he spent an entire pay cheque on a Bluetick. Even in the reserve across from us people used to hunt which is wrong I know.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » October 1st, 2010, 11:37 am

Sheriff which area yuh does hunt?An what wild beast yuh does catch the most?

AlliDr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby AlliDr » October 1st, 2010, 11:38 am

If any hunters selling wild hog, I buying, pm me details

forsaken1
Street 2NR

Postby forsaken1 » October 1st, 2010, 11:43 am

i find thing get bad,plenty ppl killin out them beast 2 young and when season close up on the rock road side

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » October 1st, 2010, 11:49 am

Yeah dats realy tru it have some youths in my village killed a pregnant deer!These kind off things does cause the population to decrease drastically!

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sheriff » October 1st, 2010, 12:05 pm

Sometimes up tabaquite, manicou, agouti,iguana and corn birds. Also sea-ducks on the beach when bird season open.

[quote="turbosingh"]Sheriff which area yuh does hunt?An what wild beast yuh does catch the most?[/quote]

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 1st, 2010, 12:49 pm

rainman wrote:Raccoon hunting usually takes place every Friday.

Was tempted to post some of the bagged wildlife from the various hi-lo's.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » October 3rd, 2010, 12:20 am

Wild mammal species population decreasing drastically, and are at a all time low. should have a ban on hunting for a few years to give them time to recover. Not blaming the cause on hunting, but trinis will eat everything. Environmental damage and climate change has a massive role to play as well.
Last edited by aidan on September 18th, 2016, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » October 3rd, 2010, 12:24 am

What is the going price of a blue tick, a tri colour and a blue ? (Puppies)

I have two mature females one blue tick and one blue and two puppies one male, the other female, both blue.

ray_S.T.R.A_man
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby ray_S.T.R.A_man » October 3rd, 2010, 4:29 am

Most of the time yuh Ketch yuh arse. I went up with my uncle and some other people up the road pass asa wright nature center. did not ketch any thing but it had some mountain crab by the a river. hold that and make a cook.

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » October 3rd, 2010, 2:06 pm

Got this 'sentrying'..... :shock: 89.5lbs; biggest I have seen in trini.
Last edited by Sabot on November 14th, 2013, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sheriff » October 3rd, 2010, 6:39 pm

Manualmx, how long ago you caught this deer? cuz is long time I eh see ah deer so big.

[quote="manualmx"][img]http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii436/manualmx/Buck1.jpg[/img]

Got this 'sentrying'..... :shock: 89.5lbs; biggest I have seen in trini.[/quote]

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » October 3rd, 2010, 6:42 pm

dred you guys really are despicable, "biggest you ever seen" have you stopped to ever wonder why????

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » October 3rd, 2010, 7:12 pm

get out of this thread and go join PETA. Most hunters are responsible when hunting for themselves and not resale.

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » October 3rd, 2010, 11:54 pm

.:PROZAC:.. wrote:get out of this thread and go join PETA. Most hunters are responsible when hunting for themselves and not resale.

Quite right... most sport hunters are very responsible, where the environment is concerned. In fact, it was due to the efforts of a hunters' association that created the "closed" season here in Trinidad.
Unfortunately, most of the hunting taking place here is done by commercial hunters (those who hunt for "resale", as you so euphemistically put it), and those buggers don't care about respecting a "bag limit", or trespassing on private property, or damage done to the environment or property.

In fact, if a moratorium on hunting is enacted (a temporary ban on hunting), the only folks who would respect it would be the sport hunters. Commercial hunters don't concern themselves with respecting the "closed season", so they would hardly bother with any such moratorium.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » October 4th, 2010, 12:42 am

^You are quite right. Commercial hunters exploit nature. Well I will set a few traps in my land if these fools decide to trespass.

d spike
Riding on 18's

Postby d spike » October 4th, 2010, 1:23 am

Just make sure that the "traps" cannot be identified as such, otherwise you could be held legally responsible for the damage inflicted. Sadly enough, the fact that the scum were trespassing in the first place would not be a major issue in a civil case. If you willingly and knowingly set an instrument to deliberately cause harm to a fellow human being, then you are liable for the harm done.

There are certain types of despicable thorny plants that won't bother wild-life, which can be placed as hedges or impediments... while the "straightened fish-hooks set in concrete in sardine tins" units are obviously deliberate traps, sharpened nails in plywood strips can be explained. While I feel sorry for the dogs where this idea is concerned, hunters refrain from passing where their dogs' lives are threatened - just do what must be done painlessly.

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » October 4th, 2010, 8:44 am

d spike wrote:
.:PROZAC:.. wrote:get out of this thread and go join PETA. Most hunters are responsible when hunting for themselves and not resale.

Quite right... most sport hunters are very responsible, where the environment is concerned. In fact, it was due to the efforts of a hunters' association that created the "closed" season here in Trinidad.
Unfortunately, most of the hunting taking place here is done by commercial hunters (those who hunt for "resale", as you so euphemistically put it), and those buggers don't care about respecting a "bag limit", or trespassing on private property, or damage done to the environment or property.

In fact, if a moratorium on hunting is enacted (a temporary ban on hunting), the only folks who would respect it would be the sport hunters. Commercial hunters don't concern themselves with respecting the "closed season", so they would hardly bother with any such moratorium.

Responsible is an understatement since most hunters I know follow all the rules according to the wildlife and conservation act. We purchase permits religiously each year and submit when due, we have hunting associations and clubs which plant fruit and forest trees annually in an effort to create habitat for wildlife. On another note there are the illegal hunters who hunt all year either for food or for profit, these are the real challenge to wildlife in this country in my opinion. There are also very indiscriminate 'legal' hunters who hunt to sell meat, but this is on a very small scale and is more than likely just pure greed on their part. In all my years of hunting I have never seen a game warden in the forests of Trinidad; law enforcement is another problem altogether.

This deer was killed at the close of the season earlier this year on my last hunt, two came and I bagged one. The other one remained looking on and could have been easily killed but what would I do with 2 deer :lol:

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » October 4th, 2010, 9:08 am

So I went for a pic of Bambi's mom and instead I found somethign more interesting.
So I'll post that instead.

wtf.....seriously, wtf?

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » October 4th, 2010, 9:35 am

This season going and be tough

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » October 4th, 2010, 3:32 pm

What is the going price of a blue tick, a tri colour and a blue ? (Puppies)

I have two mature females one blue tick and one blue and two puppies one male, the other female, both blue.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » October 8th, 2010, 6:40 am

So no one knows ?

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » October 8th, 2010, 6:49 am

Mr Gear wrote:So no one knows ?

What someone will pay for the puppies depends on quite a few factors so there is not really a 'going' price per say. The parents of the puppies; Do they hunt? Are they afraid of gunshots? What do they hunt? Do you have to hunt them to take them home? Do they grab the shot game and start another hunt with you :lol: etc.
If all is well expect someone to pay between 1800 to 2500 per puppy.

The parents, once they are in order can fetch between 1800 to 4500.

I paid 2400 each for both my blue tick and coon mixed breed puppies.

This said, are they for sale? Pm me the info.

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » October 8th, 2010, 7:19 am

Wow.. Great explanation there.

I brought my first Beagle from Roger Gibbon and he imported a male to breed with her. I kept a female blue from that litter and she was lined with an imported dog owned by Roger's brother. My female had just two pups, both blue, one male, one female.

The adult females are excellent at searching for items I hide then task them to find. I have never hunted them. The plan is to breed and train them for search and rescue. It is a long term plan.

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » October 8th, 2010, 7:30 am

Mr Gear wrote:Wow.. Great explanation there.

I brought my first Beagle from Roger Gibbon and he imported a male to breed with her. I kept a female blue from that litter and she was lined with an imported dog owned by Roger's brother. My female had just two pups, both blue, one male, one female.

The adult females are excellent at searching for items I hide then task them to find. I have never hunted them. The plan is to breed and train them for search and rescue. It is a long term plan.

Can't beat a beagle for nose. Mr. Gibbons is known to have the best beagles in the county so I am sure you have some good dogs. Problem with beagles and hunting, which is why they are bred with foxhounds in Trinidad, is that they are normally slow behind fast moving game such as agouti whereas the foxhounds are much faster. This makes it harder to block the game and get a shot. So they mixed the fox for the speed and the beagle for the nose which is what you normally see the hunters using here. But a beagle will out-hunt a foxhound anytime and will pass exactly where the game passed albeit some way behind when compared with a foxhound or blue tick who will sometimes take shortcuts to cross the path of the animal.

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » October 8th, 2010, 10:27 am

when they mixed with pothound they are the best imo

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » October 8th, 2010, 10:57 am

same "Sheriff" from on mk forum ? ...

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum