Forums

3ne2nr Hunters

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re: 3ne2nr Hunters

Postby screwbash » September 9th, 2020, 2:41 pm

ban all hunting for 10 years. hunting benefits no one. let dem eat chicken and duck. only unc had the balls to ban hunting, give free laptops and people didnt vote for them. so hunt out everything dun.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 9th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Minister of Agri, awaiting word from Minister of Health, if the Hunting Season can be opened.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 9th, 2020, 5:15 pm

screwbash wrote:ban all hunting for 10 years. hunting benefits no one. let dem eat chicken and duck. only unc had the balls to ban hunting, give free laptops and people didnt vote for them. so hunt out everything dun.

Explain how banning legal sport hunting from the people that buy permits and only in the bush for some days during 5 months of the year and only shoot animals for personal consumption is going to stop poachers that in the bush 24/7/365, buy no permits, killing anything that moves to sell for profit.

Son, the problem isn't actual hunters. It's poachers. They are two different things.
And poachers exist here because people have a taste for local game but too lazy/cowardly/unskilled to go in the bush and get their own game themselves.
You want to save animals from being over hunted? Make the possession of local game animals outside of the hunting season punishable by steep fines and mandatory prison terms with hard labor, and the same penalty should apply for being in possession of such animals with being the holder of a permit for that animal.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 9th, 2020, 7:23 pm

88sins wrote:
screwbash wrote:ban all hunting for 10 years. hunting benefits no one. let dem eat chicken and duck. only unc had the balls to ban hunting, give free laptops and people didnt vote for them. so hunt out everything dun.

Explain how banning legal sport hunting from the people that buy permits and only in the bush for some days during 5 months of the year and only shoot animals for personal consumption is going to stop poachers that in the bush 24/7/365, buy no permits, killing anything that moves to sell for profit.

Son, the problem isn't actual hunters. It's poachers. They are two different things.
And poachers exist here because people have a taste for local game but too lazy/cowardly/unskilled to go in the bush and get their own game themselves.
You want to save animals from being over hunted? Make the possession of local game animals outside of the hunting season punishable by steep fines and mandatory prison terms with hard labor, and the same penalty should apply for being in possession of such animals with being the holder of a permit for that animal.

Properly armed and trained game wardens will go a long way too

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 9th, 2020, 9:08 pm

D amount ah $$$$ dat go cost, dem eh want to hear dat.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2020, 10:53 am

Blessing?
Attachments
IMG-20200914-WA0039.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 14th, 2020, 11:34 am

poachers getting entire forest to themselves now

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 14th, 2020, 2:15 pm

ah well, at least I could still do meh ting.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2020, 3:52 pm

I wonder if it was a knee-jerk reaction to the poacher killing the ocelot incident?
Which means they totally ignored the actual problem and going to make it worse. Oh and i didn't know that hunting encourages congregation of more than 5 persons. Learn something new all the time from this Government.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 14th, 2020, 6:17 pm

maj. tom wrote:I wonder if it was a knee-jerk reaction to the poacher killing the ocelot incident?
Which means they totally ignored the actual problem and going to make it worse. Oh and i didn't know that hunting encourages congregation of more than 5 persons. Learn something new all the time from this Government.

Usually it doesn't. Is only if they looking for iguana, or maybe tattoo, you might see a big side in d bush. If you see a team of 4 or more in d bush, even if they running dogs, what you really looking at is a team that gonna come out d bush empty handed. More people=more noise & foreign scents=animal gone long before they reach.

Anyway, thank God capybara is a pest.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 1st, 2020, 8:27 am

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/30/ministry-halts-all-hunting-all-wildmeat-trade/

HE hunting season is now completely dead in the water, shot down by the covid19 pandemic.

A release from the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries on September 14, indicated that the sale of State Game Licenses – needed to lawfully hunt game on state land during the prescribed hunting season – had been postponed, but this did not cover hunting on private land.

This technicality afforded hunters a loophole whereby they could have possibly still hunted on private land and also possessed and traded in wildmeat sourced from said hunting.

But according to a press release issued on Wednesday by the ministry, amendments have been made to the Conservation of Wildlife Act which bans all forms of hunting be it on state or private land and also bans the possession of wildmeat even on or after October 1, when the hunting season starts.

The cancellation of the hunting season and ban on possession and sale of wildmeat was done on advice from the Ministry of Health that wildlife hunting encourages congregation in contravention of the covid19 public health ordinance, which limits public gatherings to no more than five people.

The Agriculture Ministry release on Wednesday stated that the Conservator of Forests was still considering aspects of hunting and in light of the postponement of the sale of State Game Licences, the Conservator was aware of the fact that without changes to the Conservation of Wild Life Regulations, it was still possible to hunt on private land and possess/sell wildmeat.

The ministry said that without controls there is need to ensure that the market for wildmeat is not flooded by illegally imported meat – which could very well harbour disease-causing microbes – creating another public health risk.

Accordingly, the Conservator has advised Minister of Agriculture Clarence Rambharat of the need to amend the Conservation of Wild Life Regulations.

As such, effective October 1, and until further notice, the Second Schedule to the Conservation of Wild Life Act is amended by deleting the list of animals and birds listed in Parts I and II and most of the cage birds listed in Part III.

Further, the release said, the Regulations relating to possession and sale of wildmeat from October 1, are also amended. This means that from Thursday, no one shall have in his/her possession the whole or any part of an animal, serve, purchase, sell, offer, advertise for sale or expose for sale of the carcass or meat, frozen, fresh, cooked or otherwise any animal referred to in the Third Schedule of the Conservation of Wild Life Act Regulations. This includes Agouti, Tattoo, Lappe, Deer and Quenk (wild hog).

sooooooooooo .... no wild meat at all . i dont understand why, hunting is small groups that break into singles, the logig is flawed at best an stupid and ignorant at worst

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2020, 8:55 am

what about animals deemed pests like capybara ?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 1st, 2020, 8:58 am

pugboy wrote:what about animals deemed pests like capybara ?

THIRD SCHEDULE
Animals declared as vermin—
Black rats (Rattus rattus)
Brown rats (Rattus norvegicus)
Common vampire bats (Desmodus rotundus)
House mice (Mus musculus)
Large coral snakes (Micrurus lemniscatus diutius)
Manicou or Black-eared opossum (Didelphis marsupialis)
Mapepire Balsain or Fer de lance (Bothrops asper)
Mapepire Zanana or Bushmaster (Lachesis muta muta)
Red-tailed squirrels (Sciurus granatensis)
Small Asian Mongooses (Herpestes javanicus)
Small or common coral snakes (Micrurus circinalis)
White-winged vampire bats (Diaemus youngi)
Yellowtail, Cornbird or Pogga (Psarocolius decumanus).

these are all listed on the 3rd schedule ... so u good to kill an cook them :drinking:

Pm me when yuh making the curry-stew ... an go pass an roll down meh windows an u go drop off ah container for me :mrgreen:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2020, 9:01 am

capybara was officially listed last year but it is not on your list

also i don’t think you can kill snakes on state land

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 1st, 2020, 10:40 am

death365 wrote:
pugboy wrote:what about animals deemed pests like capybara ?

that newsday article has an error, but no worries, vermin still can be dispatched as normal on private lands

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 1st, 2020, 11:00 am

good, gee d poor animals a chance to recover their population a lil bit

so if u cud still hunt in u private land man will still invite their padnas to come hunt ... dat makin any sense

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 1st, 2020, 12:18 pm

They declared snakes and vampire bats as vermin?

Snakes control the disease spreading pests better than any other method. The snake in yuh house or something that they're vermin? (which would mean yuh house stink and have rats). And no human should come in contact with bats at all because diseases are easily transferable. Bats are protected by law in many countries too. I can understand the concern of vampire bats to poultry and livestock and spreading rabies, but is there any evidence of that locally? I haven't heard of any rabies cases in animals locally. We are more likely to see fruit bats flittering about, but never encounter a bat. So kill the bats and then check if they're vampire?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 1st, 2020, 12:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:They declared snakes and vampire bats as vermin?

Snakes control the disease spreading pests better than any other method. The snake in yuh house or something that they're vermin? (which would mean yuh house stink and have rats). And no human should come in contact with bats at all because diseases are easily transferable. Bats are protected by law in many countries too. I can understand the concern of vampire bats to poultry and livestock and spreading rabies, but is there any evidence of that locally? I haven't heard of any rabies cases in animals locally. We are more likely to see fruit bats flittering about, but never encounter a bat. So kill the bats and then check if they're vampire?

:roll:
Snakes are vermin, considering that the definition of vermin is any animal that can cause harm or damage or destruction to humans or their property. The good they do in keeping the populations of some animals in check means is nothing in comparison to the potential for danger and expense if they decide they fed up of rats & start raiding yuh duck pen or fowl coop. What if a large macajuel living in an empty overgrown lot clost to your house decide he find yuh pompek or kitty or two year old looking kinda fat & tasty? Or hows about if a mappepire gets washed out the bush with the rains and end up in your yard, find a hole to wait it out & after the rain stop it trying to leave your yard & it encounters a resident of yuh home & eventually bite you/yuh gyul/yuh kid/yuh dog/yuh cat? Understand why they considered vermin now? in d bush, they are not vermin, in and around yuh house, they are.

As per no human should come in contact with bats, dude, you got no clue, but I go give yuh a lil insight into reality. I am pretty sure there's at least one colony of bats living in a ceiling near you, if not in your own roof/ceiling. just cuz you don't see them or hear them, that eh mean they not there. Get outside early before dawn or just before dusk and watch the eaves of peoples roofs for little swift things flying in on mornings or out on evenings. When you see them, understand, those are not humming birds. Or go up in the ceiling & look around. if you seeing plenty brown dust, know to yuhself, that ain't dust :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 1st, 2020, 1:01 pm

I have a seen many fruit bats every day by me at dusk, one even chooses to feed on my eaves and drop those little green sticky stalks that turn black when they dry (what do you call those?) I know bats are everywhere and they roost in the roof of many homes. But that's not contact. Contact is handling a bat or it touching/scratching you so it can transfer a virus. Healthy bats avoid people well. No actual contact. There is conservation law in many countries where you cannot interfere with a bat roost, or even do work on your own roof without relocating them first.

Those deadly snakes, i agree with you how they shouldn't be in your home and vicinity. But i just hope people don't go in the wild and treat them as vermin because they have a very important role in nature, which is probably how the poachers will see it and kill for fun. And then there are people that kill every snake they see no matter what or where.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 1st, 2020, 1:46 pm

death365 wrote:Yellowtail, Cornbird or Pogga (Psarocolius decumanus).

The corn bird is considered a legal pest in T&T?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 1st, 2020, 2:02 pm

https://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/alphabetical_list/lawspdfs/67.01.pdf this is where i got the info

bluefete wrote:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 1st, 2020, 3:04 pm

Cool story time....

A bat flew in my mouth a time....

I screamed like a lil beyotch

End of story
maj. tom wrote:I have a seen many fruit bats every day by me at dusk, one even chooses to feed on my eaves and drop those little green sticky stalks that turn black when they dry (what do you call those?) I know bats are everywhere and they roost in the roof of many homes. But that's not contact. Contact is handling a bat or it touching/scratching you so it can transfer a virus. Healthy bats avoid people well. No actual contact. There is conservation law in many countries where you cannot interfere with a bat roost, or even do work on your own roof without relocating them first.

Those deadly snakes, i agree with you how they shouldn't be in your home and vicinity. But i just hope people don't go in the wild and treat them as vermin because they have a very important role in nature, which is probably how the poachers will see it and kill for fun. And then there are people that kill every snake they see no matter what or where.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2020, 3:06 pm

woodbrook used to have lots of bats, around sunset they would start flying around
we would throw up little stones and they would dive to grab them in air

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm

death365 wrote:https://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/alphabetical_list/lawspdfs/67.01.pdf this is where i got the info

bluefete wrote:

& what a delicious pest it is. meat red like beef.
only thing is yuh hadda kno how to cook it, otherwise it go taste like you trying to eat a bike tyre and woodlice

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 1st, 2020, 4:01 pm

That is a very vivid description
88sins wrote:
death365 wrote:https://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/laws2/alphabetical_list/lawspdfs/67.01.pdf this is where i got the info

bluefete wrote:

only thing is yuh hadda kno how to cook it, otherwise it go taste like you trying to eat a bike tyre and woodlice

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 1st, 2020, 5:33 pm

88sins wrote:

bluefete wrote:

So ahm 88 what manner of cooking alchemy or gastronomic sorcery converts something from bike tyre/ woodlice...to delicious?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2020, 6:16 pm

a man tell me once anteater is one of the best tasting wild meat even though it does smell like squashed bachac when it raw.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 1st, 2020, 6:27 pm

Redman wrote:
88sins wrote:

bluefete wrote:

So ahm 88 what manner of cooking alchemy or gastronomic sorcery converts something from bike tyre/ woodlice...to delicious?

Level fresh green seasoning, stiff curry, plenty coconut milk, a half pound of salt, and proper preparation. Also, ideally you want a bird that was dropped with a headshot.

With a good cook, the right seasoning and proper preparation, take what I tell you, anything could taste bess :lol:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 1st, 2020, 6:43 pm

Fellaz

A lil off topic here

What is the scientific name for them local drain turtles (morocoy)?

It have a few in damaged section of a box drain by me here and i wanna relocate them to somewhere safer.
The regional corp may do some repairs soon and i dont them to kill them in the process.
Or cepep will come and scoop them out and they can be damaged.

So i wanna get a good spot to put them where they can get food etc.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 1st, 2020, 6:43 pm

:shock:

tuner really have some kinda characters yes .... :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”