TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The case of A. Popalie Re Victims SRP Dopson & WPC Timothy.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: The case of A. Popalie Re Victims SRP Dopson & WPC Timo

Postby A172 » October 28th, 2010, 8:20 pm

geodude wrote:so ah lexus is not ah fass car

speed is relative.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2010, 8:52 pm

poor girl :(

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2010, 9:09 pm

90% of the info posted here and in the media wrong anyway

It is what it is, a accident.
I almost kill people all the time on the highway.

But I does drive like a BUGWAAANAAA.

We all know that people panic, women more so.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Just tuesday evening around 4 pm, I heading to grand bazaar, rexcar area, a dhl van park up on the north bound, the driver decide he wanna cross the highway.

It had a container truck behind me in the right lane, and a vigo in the left lane.

Dhl driver..decide to cross HALF of the northbound first...and stand up about 2 feet over the white line in the right lane to wait for me to pass so he could run across.

My mirror must be pass 2 inches from him.

If that was someone who just got their license or plenty other drivers, that Dhl driver would have been dead all now and car impounded/other people damaged/dead

What allyuh wudda say? Yeahh aba always used to drive like a BUGWAAANAAA, yeah he use to always talk about constant speed is 160+, yeah he use to talk in the past about not taking on traffic lights after 11pm bla bla bla right

But who fault it would have really been? Nuh the muffler bearing who decide to stand up in the MIDDLE of the north bound lane and wait?

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » October 28th, 2010, 10:01 pm

i see that some time has passed and a lot of ppl are now really considering the driver as another human being rather than the crazed speed racer beyotch that everyone was making her out to be,

unfortunately, the damage has been done, its not necessarily her fault but rather the fault of all the countless trinis that on a daily basis flaunt their disregard for the laws of the land, lawlessness has become the norm and we have grown accustomed to it, i wonder was she the only person driving on the shoulder at that repair point, i am sure she wasn't, what ever the circumstances that caused her to collide with the officers we might never really know, but the sad thing is she is now the glorifed speed demon we all despise ( and yet so frequently become) on the nations roads,

Peter will pay for Paul and she will pay for all,

3 lives destroyed in the blink of an eye, so everyone who is clamoring for justice or rather "revenge" should really think about the situation, i am not advocating that she go free, or face no repercussions for her actions, because unfortunately her case is required to send a message to other motorist, but still i do feel sorry for her also she is as much a victim of the carnage we see on our roads daily as the officers she hurt.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 28th, 2010, 10:20 pm

yes, but she is a uwi student, tertiary level education
she should know better
a policeman only requires 3 passes

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 28th, 2010, 10:49 pm

^^ she isn't a uwi student

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » October 28th, 2010, 10:55 pm

^maybe if she went UTT

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » October 28th, 2010, 11:59 pm

im sorry but i can't feel empathy for stupidity....plain and simple. She deserves whatever is coming to her, be it a long jail sentence or a hefty fine, whatever it is she'll have some time to reflect. hopefully this sends a message to all the J A drivers out there to stop F*%ing up on the road.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » October 29th, 2010, 8:03 am

A172 wrote:
geodude wrote:so ah lexus is not ah fass car

speed is relative.

LMFAO

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 29th, 2010, 8:26 am

people were implying she have "connections"
i have never heard that name before
what business the family in ?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 29th, 2010, 8:53 am

pugboy wrote:yes, but she is a uwi student, tertiary level education
she should know better
a policeman only requires 3 passes

what?

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » October 29th, 2010, 9:03 am

geodude wrote:unfortunately, the damage has been done, its not necessarily her fault but rather the fault of all the countless trinis that on a daily basis flaunt their disregard for the laws of the land, lawlessness has become the norm and we have grown accustomed to it, i wonder was she the only person driving on the shoulder at that repair point

Rubbish.

The madness on the road is neither an excuse nor an explanation for reckless driving on any adult's part. Adults make their choices.

All the lawbreaking has done is made me angrier and more conscious of what I'm supposed to do. Everytime someone veers into my lane without warning, I remember the importance of using indicators. Everytime I see 3-4-5 cars speeding past the amber and red light, I remember the importance of slowing down and the danger/inconvenience that sort of driving can pose to others.

If your reaction to lawbreaking is to break the law yourself, that's your choice and your responsibility.

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » October 29th, 2010, 9:08 am

INCIDENT - An event that could have been avoided

Accident - An UNAVOIDABLE occurrence

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » October 29th, 2010, 9:50 am

Slow Poke wrote:im sorry but i can't feel empathy for stupidity....plain and simple. She deserves whatever is coming to her, be it a long jail sentence or a hefty fine, whatever it is she'll have some time to reflect. hopefully this sends a message to all the J A drivers out there to stop F*%ing up on the road.

the stupid die and the smart live ent

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » October 29th, 2010, 10:13 am

geodude wrote:i see that some time has passed and a lot of ppl are now really considering the driver as another human being rather than the crazed speed racer beyotch that everyone was making her out to be,

unfortunately, the damage has been done, its not necessarily her fault but rather the fault of all the countless trinis that on a daily basis flaunt their disregard for the laws of the land, lawlessness has become the norm and we have grown accustomed to it, i wonder was she the only person driving on the shoulder at that repair point, i am sure she wasn't, what ever the circumstances that caused her to collide with the officers we might never really know, but the sad thing is she is now the glorifed speed demon we all despise ( and yet so frequently become) on the nations roads,

3 lives destroyed in the blink of an eye, so everyone who is clamoring for justice or rather "revenge" should really think about the situation, i am not advocating that she go free, or face no repercussions for her actions, because unfortunately her case is required to send a message to other motorist, but still i do feel sorry for her also she is as much a victim of the carnage we see on our roads daily as the officers she hurt.

^^ Bunch a Bullsheit.. she HAS to pay, SHE killed the officer and wounded the other one.
so what if more than one person was on the shoulder, WHAT WAS SHE DOING THERE?

from all reports, it very well seems that she was possible the only one flying down there at that speed..

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » October 29th, 2010, 10:53 am

deh sellin the car???

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 29th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Greypatch wrote:INCIDENT - An event that could have been avoided

Accident - An UNAVOIDABLE occurrence

is there anything such as a accident then?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 3rd, 2010, 5:16 am

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Bai ... 96408.html

FOR the first time since being charged with causing the death of PC Renaul Dopson, driver Aaliyah Dimple Popalie left the Couva Magistrates' Court through the front door yesterday.
After her first two appearances before the Couva court last week, Popalie, 28, of Pargar Singh Avenue, El Socorro Extension, San Juan, was taken to the Women's Prison at Golden Grove, Arouca.
Senior Magistrate Debra Quintyne had first remanded Popalie into custody to consider a submission made by police prosecutor, Sgt Asraph Haspoodeen, that the woman give up her driver's permit as a bail requirement.
The following day— last Tuesday—Haspoodeen withdrew the request. Quintyne granted the young woman $200,000 bail.
However, Popalie was still unable to secure bail on that day as, due to a nationwide protest by public servants, her bail documents could not be verified. She was taken back to jail.
On Wednesday afternoon she secured bail at the prison.
Yesterday, Quintyne asked about Popalie's bail documents which, she said, were not before her.
"Her bail documents are not here yet," the magistrate said after attorney Sophia Chote asked for the matter to be adjourned to the "regular date".
Quintyne adjourned the matter to November 29. Popalie then left with her attorney.
Popalie was charged with driving dangerously and causing the death of Dopson. She was also charged with causing grievous bodily harm to WPC Wendy Ann Timothy.
Charges were laid by Sgt Gregory Worrell who, Haspoodeen said yesterday, was unable to attend court after undergoing minor surgery.
Popalie was allegedly at the wheel of a Lexus car heading south on the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Couva when the officers were hit.
Dopson was last attached to the Couva Municipal Police and Timothy to the Brasso Police Post. They were directing traffic as road repair works were in progress.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 3rd, 2010, 5:18 am

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Mem ... 96413.html

Woman Police Constable Wendy Ann Timothy, who survived the highway crash that killed her colleague PC Renaul Dopson, remembers nothing about the day of the accident.
Timothy, who has been at the San Fernando General Hospital the past two weeks, also cannot remember being visited the day after the crash by Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner or Health Minister Therese Baptiste-Cornelis.
Timothy, a 38-year-old mother of three, suffered multiple injuries when she was hit by a car while on traffic duty on the shoulder of the Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway on October 17. The accident took place near the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.
Driver Aalyah Dimple Popalie, 28, has been charged with causing the death of Dopson and causing grievous bodily harm to Timothy.
Dopson, 26, died at the scene. His funeral was held three days later.
Timothy was visited by Warner, who had "waved to her" the day before the accident. He was accompanied by Baptiste-Cornelis. Timothy was moved to a private room that day.
Warner had said then that if drivers were more patient then similar accidents would not happen.
Yesterday, Timothy, who is attached to the Chaguanas Police Station, said she did not know she was visited.
"I don't know anything, I was never visited by anybody," she said.
"All I know is that somebody told me I was in an accident and I have some broken bones. I am on a lot of drugs so I don't know anything."
Timothy's mother, Annette Timothy, 58, a vendor working at Frederick Street, Port of Spain, said, "My daughter remembers me only sometimes and when she gets a lot of pain, she does not remember me."
The mother said she was promised by senior officers that she would be taken frequently to visit her daughter, but it never happened.
Annette Timothy said her daughter "keeps asking what happen to her, what is she doing here and why she is in the hospital".
Chief executive officer of the South West Regional Health Authority, Paula Chester Cumberbatch, said she spoke with doctors treating Timothy.
"She is doing very well. She was operated on last week and she should be discharged very soon," he said.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 3rd, 2010, 5:19 am

http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2010/1 ... op-s-death

Aaliyah “Dimples” Popalie, the 27-year-old woman accused of causing the death of PC Renaul Dobson and seriously injuring his colleague, is out on bail. Dressed in a black suit, Popalie was accompanied by her parents when she reappeared in the Couva Magistrates’ Court yesterday.When Popalie was granted $200,000 bail with Clerk of the Peace’s approval last week Tuesday there was no court staff to process her bail documents, resulting in her being returned to the Women’s Prison in Arouca.
The San Juan accused already had spent a night there having been denied bail on Monday.Yesterday, however, she walked freely into the courthouse and sat on the benches waiting for her matter to be called.She is charged with causing the death of Dobson by dangerous driving and causing grievous bodily harm to SRP Wendy-ann Timothy.
The charges stemmed from an incident on October 17 when Dobson and Timothy were hit while directing traffic on the Solomon Hochoy Highway, Couva.When Senior Magistrate Debra Quintyne called the matter yesterday court prosecutor Sgt Asraph Haspoodeen said the complainant, Sgt Gregory Worrell, was ill and could not attend court. In the circumstances, Popalie’s attorney Sophia Chote, asked for the regular adjournment date. However, the magistrate said they were yet to receive Popalie’s bail documents. She adjourned the matter to November 29.

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » November 3rd, 2010, 8:50 am

November 29.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 3rd, 2010, 9:46 am

Greypatch wrote:Image

November 29.

Gaza

DRAGULA
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DRAGULA » November 3rd, 2010, 11:47 am

geodude wrote:i see that some time has passed and a lot of ppl are now really considering the driver as another human being rather than the crazed speed racer beyotch that everyone was making her out to be,

anybody have some 2 ply to clean this up?

she broke the law and killed 2 people.... that is the bottom line

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » November 3rd, 2010, 11:51 am

A present for the peeps who want to make excuses for the driver

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 3rd, 2010, 1:44 pm

DRAGULA wrote:anybody have some 2 ply to clean this up?

she broke the law and killed 2 people.... that is the bottom line

The female officer is still alive.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 3rd, 2010, 5:41 pm

Reading the comments on the express, some Trinis real dotish yes

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 4th, 2010, 9:17 am

Marsh_TT wrote:
Greypatch wrote:Image

November 29.

Gaza

Money could buy you a Lexus, but not good looks oui!!

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » November 4th, 2010, 9:17 am

she looks mean, I scared...

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 4th, 2010, 9:23 am

Soundwave wrote:she looks mean, I scared...

She go bunx yuh dong with she forehead.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”