TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The NLCB Lotto Jackpot

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Lotto jackpot [edit:] TT$32 million ONE winner!!!

Postby ~Vēġó~ » November 13th, 2015, 12:55 am

Carapichaima dammit!!!!!!!!

re-booting my hopes again.....

Crackpot
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Crackpot » November 13th, 2015, 6:23 am

pete wrote:How much is the commission for selling it? That alone gonna be a good raise.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

which adds to my point earlier...these fellas rigged this :evil: "It is alleged" :|

TechMD
Street 2NR

Postby TechMD » November 15th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Pretty well known the lotto plus in Trinidad is rigged. Did anyone expect to actually win this?

Lol never spent a single penny on lotto. One ghost winner always winning while the real winners get 5 numbers no powerball.

I can safely admit I know someone personally who got all 5 numbers no powerball. But I know no winners of lotto plus. It's completely rigged to pay off owners of the outlets.
Last edited by TechMD on November 15th, 2015, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » November 15th, 2015, 1:29 pm

I thought they had/have auditors present for the draw, my neighbour used to be there on TV as a rep for E&Y, that changed?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 15th, 2015, 2:50 pm

SMc wrote:I thought they had/have auditors present for the draw, my neighbour used to be there on TV as a rep for E&Y, that changed?

Of course multiple auditors are present for every draw. Trinis just like to talk out their arse.

No way any of the big 4 auditing firms who make billions each quarter are going to risk their reputation over a small island lotto...

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » November 15th, 2015, 3:52 pm

The view that the lotto is rigged is quite prevalent and many close family members are now converts to this trend of thought.
What I find quite humorous is that I still have to make sure and buy tickets.
BTW, after results many people in my domain shake their heads with 'one person win all boi !'.
Human nature is really a wonder.

matthewseerattan
Riding on 13's

Postby matthewseerattan » November 15th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Yes an old unwealthy man played a quick pick and won. He came to the bank to open an account and deposit his cheque on Friday. I'm so glad that it was won by someone who really needed it and not some wealthy person.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » November 15th, 2015, 4:25 pm

Better him than somebody who would have blown it all away yes. He'll live the rest of his life comfortably now.

pinks
Street 2NR

Postby pinks » November 15th, 2015, 6:17 pm

matthewseerattan wrote:Yes an old unwealthy man played a quick pick and won. He came to the bank to open an account and deposit his cheque on Friday. I'm so glad that it was won by someone who really needed it and not some wealthy person.

U ent ask d man if he hav ah daughter to link yuh wid self boi

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 15th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Urm ... most people that win the lottery end up wishing they never had. When you throw a shitton of money in the lap of someone who has never seen that amount of money before the result is disastrous. All that money in the end is a corrupting influence and most people have horrible money managing skills. I remember a friend of mine that came from serious poverty and moved into a well paying job that could allow her to live much better than she did before. After 1 year of working she was in debt of about half her yearly salary and she had no investments to show for it.

7 out of 10 people who win the lottery end up losing all the money is less than 5 years and most of them end up in more debt than before they won the lottery.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » November 15th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Well it's never the ones who can handle it that get it.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » November 15th, 2015, 6:33 pm

matthewseerattan wrote:Yes an old unwealthy man played a quick pick and won. He came to the bank to open an account and deposit his cheque on Friday. I'm so glad that it was won by someone who really needed it and not some wealthy person.
The pic posted with the winning ticket didn't say it was a QuickPick:???:

matthewseerattan
Riding on 13's

Postby matthewseerattan » November 17th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Yes he came with his daughter lol

TechMD
Street 2NR

Postby TechMD » November 18th, 2015, 12:39 am

matthewseerattan wrote:Yes he came with his daughter lol

:roll:

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NLCB lotto booth

Postby TriP » March 4th, 2018, 11:51 am

Date:03-Mar-18

Jackpot Was : $22,948,764.68

Number of Winners: 0

Draw Number: 1730

http://www.nlcbplaywhelotto.com/nlcb-lo ... s-results/
Attachments
28468328_10156102978753618_4105871065756991488_n.jpg

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » March 5th, 2018, 10:41 am

Wolla wrote:8% on the draw game sales and 10% on scratch ticket sales.

if u sell the winning lotto ticket u get 8 % ? :shock:

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 5th, 2018, 10:54 am

10-01 wrote:

if u sell the winning lotto ticket u get 8 % ? :shock:

I think he means you get 8% of the sale, not the winnings.

So if you sell a $5 quick pick, you get 40c.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 5th, 2018, 11:10 am

you sure its that high?

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » March 5th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:

you sure its that high?

thats a good profit .... :!:

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Wednesday7thMarch2018 Lotto Jackpot = Estimated 25.5million

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 8th, 2018, 12:23 am

No Winners
Attachments
28661124_10156114910153618_5997264595788496896_o.jpg

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 10th, 2018, 9:02 pm

1 winner
Attachments
29101592_10156124405878618_4156049851575959552_n.jpg

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » March 10th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Onr person won 28 million?

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » March 11th, 2018, 9:05 am

Has trinidad ever had a shared jackpot? I can't recall any, yet ppl always seem surprised when one person wins big.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 11th, 2018, 9:27 am

One winner?...Nice, hope he/she/they make good use of it.

Thing is does anyone know of people that have won these things? It's not like the U.S. State Lotteries where winners are made public. Makes you wonder if these jackpots aren't just a PR stunt by the NLCB to generate sales.

Then again doing so would be tantamount to painting a bullseye on their foreheads, crime situation being what it is...:|

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 11th, 2018, 10:39 am

I think everyone from Point Fortin side knew a winner lol

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 11th, 2018, 10:58 am

As expected...the banker won

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 11th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Is the Lotto part of Scam-lamafia? Best looks at $30m jackpot

Earl Best, Sunday 8 November 2015

The Lotto, an economics teacher friend of mine has long insisted to me, is nothing but “a regressive tax on black people.”

That’s probably also true of Play Whe, Pick Two, Pick Four and Scratch and, indeed, the National Lotteries Control Board’s whole range of online games. And not being a church man himself, my friend adds that it’s the only tax he knows of which Trinidadians voluntarily pay!

I have never found the cojones to tell him about my tithes.

Anyway, as regards the first statement, I have long suspected that he was right all along but the hard evidence came to me only last week Wednesday when the jackpot was $25m.

Seduced by the lure of unfilthy lucre, I accepted an invitation from my sousou organizer to join a syndicate. I ended up in Central Trinidad, looking for Lotto luck.

Incredibly, the queue looked like something I’m used to seeing at football—and now, since Brian Lara’s retirement, cricket—matches. On a Wednesday. In mid-morning. Which, come to think of it, is unsurprising. Twenty-five million dollars is a lot of money which can go a long way.

And since the ordinary citizen seems to have the impression that the vast majority of the money won so far in the Lotto has ended up south of the Caroni Bridge, said ordinary citizen is prepared to go a long way to Penal and Siparia and Princes Town in search of it.

So that’s largely why Citizen Best ended up in Freeport in mid-week. And I joined the loooooooooooooooooooooong queue. Which, for those who know me, is hard, very hard to believe.

But that gave me pause. When I go to the bank and I see ten people in the line, that’s it! ATM time. Or I go back on the morrow.

So why did I line up behind 40-plus people? Because 25,000,000 tax-free dollars is a lot of money, that’s why!

And if Westmoorings and Haleland Park can turn up their noses at such piddling sums, Enterprise and Endeavour and environs literally cannot afford to do the same.

And Arima and environs where I live can’t afford it either.

Interestingly, the 50 Quick Picks bought in Central yielded not so much as a three-number combination. And the 150 bought elsewhere yielded a solitary free Quick Pick.

But further confirmation came a day later when the jackpot moved overnight from an estimated $25m—the NLCB web site shows that the actual figure was $24, 379,523.31—to an estimated $30m.

How much of that “estimated” $5m do you think came from the corporate sector? Or from the Abouds, the Chin Lees, the Sabgas or the Stollmeyers?

And what are the real chances, you think, that a lot of it will end up in Morvant, Moruga or Moriah?

Also, what would be the country’s reaction if, with a Keith Rowley Government in power, we had all woken up to the Sunday news that the Saturday night’s $30m draw had been won by a ticket bought and sold in Mason Hall?

The current $30m jackpot began as $2m in mid-August and grew to just over $3m by the middle of the election week. In the two months since, it is $27m richer.

Writing in today’s Sunday Express, UWI lecturer Noel Kalicharan raises concerns about the way “the NLCB “rigged” the system in its favour every time they tweaked it.” And their lack of forthrightness was already not sitting well with ordinary T&T.

In Friday’s Express, Sue-Ann Wayow questions Winston Siriram about why no one is winning the Lotto. Not unexpectedly, the NLCB Chairman gives the assurance that all is above board.

But Wayow never asked the crucial question of whether things are above Board.

Shouldn’t she have asked whether, even though the NLCB can’t rig the Lotto results, they are riggable? I would also have liked to know whether Government makes any investment in the NLCB and, if yes, what returns the Government gets therefrom?

Siriram was at pains to explain that the difference between actual receipts and estimated prize money goes to “our administrative costs, commission for agents, etc.” I would have been rather more curious about that “etc” than was Ms Wayow.

Small wonder then that Kathleen Pinder, a letter writer in the same paper, remains unconvinced. Not “confident of its fairness,” she wants the public “re-invited to view and participate in live drawings (…) to ensure transparency.”

“We are acutely aware,” she writes, “that for some years now the frequency, the jackpot sizes, the locations of winning ticket purchases and numbers of jackpot winners changed to the detriment of the vast majority of the population.”

My sense is that Ms Pinder feels that the Lotto which started in July 1994, may not have escaped the contagion of the 2010-2015 regime whose Sadim—spell it backwards!—hands corrupted almost everything they touched.

Yet, she doesn’t go so far as to call for it to be stopped. Maybe she would have had she had the albeit anecdotal evidence that I have.

The NLCB has said that it is impossible for the same machine to generate the same Quick Pick combination more than once for any one draw. But I know a man who knows a man who has—or claims to have—convincing evidence that it is NOT at all impossible.

So what would happen if the Government of Trinidad and Tobago were to decree tomorrow that the Lotto is to be discontinued?

One can’t be sure but, unsure where their next meal is coming from and unable to delude themselves at least temporarily that salvation may be found in the Lotto/PlayWhe booth, many people are not unlikely to explore other get-rich-quick options, not all of them socially acceptable.

For one thing, crime would go up, am I right, Akins Vidale?

If Carnival is an annual escape valve, Lotto and Play Whe are its daily equivalent. So without them, insanity would increase as would, as a corollary, domestic abuse.

Moving in the opposite direction would, of course, be employment and, less obviously, absenteeism. Since the mid-morning draw was introduced, a lot of local employers now have to allot a lot of Lotto time-off to a lot of people.

And what would happen to poverty?

I’m sure, as we Trinis like to say, it might go down. All those five and ten dollars which now get “invested” in NLCB products might well find their way into more potentially lucrative areas such as hard drugs. And with the new government pushing the local government theme, maybe all those whe whe turfs that the NLCB put out of business would get a new lease on life.

But don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen. There’s a good reason why poor black people aren’t allowed to win the Lotto often; it’s bad for us all.

The first Lotto millionaire, an ordinary citizen in the Borough of Arima, was flat broke three years later. And this was back in the day when a million dollars was, well, still worth a million dollars.

The probably apocryphal story goes that, asked what he had done with the money, he replied that he had spent one quarter of it on women, one quarter on drinking with his friends and one quarter partying and feteing down the place.

“And the last quarter?” the interviewer enquired.

“Ah think,” came the unexpected answer, “ah mighta waste dat.”

https://wired868.com/2015/11/08/is-the-lotto-part-of-scam-lamafia-best-looks-at-30m-jackpot/

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 12th, 2018, 8:41 am

One lucky winner
Attachments
29027973_2099241033434302_5357223887824224256_o.jpg

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » March 12th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Proof the gov't didn't take it