carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby carluva » August 2nd, 2021, 10:44 am

Rough and dirty estimate.

One day per each bathroom.

One day for laundry room.

One day as contingency.

Five days total at about $500 per day for the plumber = $2,500.

Figure $3,000 with a markup on the job for the plumber.

That cost excludes material.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What is fair price for the following scope of works? Its a plumbing job

3 toilets and baths, 1 laundry room and kitchen. Person is only required to
Run out all lines (hot and cold for showers only) for inside as well as toilets etc. All pipes on the outside will run out on building etc. No venting for toilets as yet.

No water is being placed in the building as well as septic tank not being done at the moment. All the work being done is just to ensure I can safely carry out tiling inside after. So im just looking for an average labour cost for job described.

Thanks

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » August 2nd, 2021, 12:16 pm

How the price of steel looking?

Want to build a garage

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 2nd, 2021, 12:49 pm

ZeroOne wrote:How the price of steel looking?

Want to build a garage
Same

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 2nd, 2021, 1:02 pm

I am using 5/8" high tensile for my job.

Prices at different hardwares were between $95 to $100 per length.

Can't say for other sizes.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 2nd, 2021, 1:16 pm

carluva wrote:Rough and dirty estimate.

One day per each bathroom.

One day for laundry room.

One day as contingency.

Five days total at about $500 per day for the plumber = $2,500.

Figure $3,000 with a markup on the job for the plumber.

That cost excludes material.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What is fair price for the following scope of works? Its a plumbing job

3 toilets and baths, 1 laundry room and kitchen. Person is only required to
Run out all lines (hot and cold for showers only) for inside as well as toilets etc. All pipes on the outside will run out on building etc. No venting for toilets as yet.

No water is being placed in the building as well as septic tank not being done at the moment. All the work being done is just to ensure I can safely carry out tiling inside after. So im just looking for an average labour cost for job described.

Thanks

Respect bro

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 2nd, 2021, 2:02 pm

might be a little more if it is done as rough run in of pipes first and then finalizing fixture installation

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 2nd, 2021, 7:42 pm

Forget to add installation of those delta mixtures (3 in total). Not fittings eh, just internals. All necessary fixtures will be installed after tile work is completed.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 4th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Any recent recommendations for foundation to finish residential contractors? turnkey options even better.

I saw HJ Designs on social media and their stuff looks good - dunno anyone who used them tho: https://www.facebook.com/hjdesignsltd

Another is
ALJA development: https://www.facebook.com/aljadevelopment

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 4th, 2021, 4:25 pm

More pics.

Septic tank exterior wall coated with waterproof coating and wrapped with geotextile fabric.

Pump sump coated with waterproof coating and mortared on the inside. Filling up the outside in progress

Soakaway and trench covered with geotextile fabric and started to cover back up.

Upper trench shaped and read for 4" pipes.
IMG_20210804_153249468_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210804_153243889_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210804_153227043_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210804_153216002_HDR.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 4th, 2021, 4:51 pm

by next week you good to go
time to start eating plenty funky stuff

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » August 4th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Good day. Looking for suggestions for the following problem. So there is a shed/parking area to the back of my house. This structure is supported by steel posts. The one at the end which is susceptible to weathering is corroded at the bottom. I fear it may collapse after a period of time. Looking for possible solutions. Attached is a picture of what it currently looks like.
Thanks
20210804_184838.jpg

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » August 4th, 2021, 7:18 pm

Jerry84 wrote:Good day. Looking for suggestions for the following problem. So there is a shed/parking area to the back of my house. This structure is supported by steel posts. The one at the end which is susceptible to weathering is corroded at the bottom. I fear it may collapse after a period of time. Looking for possible solutions. Attached is a picture of what it currently looks like.
Thanks
20210804_184838.jpg
So I was given a suggestion to box the ibeam and cast it after drilling the ground and driving some steel down. I have some half inch steel. Do you all think this would be sufficient?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 4th, 2021, 7:40 pm

is it bolted to a plate ? or cast into a hole?

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » August 5th, 2021, 10:48 am

pugboy wrote:is it bolted to a plate ? or cast into a hole?
It's cast into the hole

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » August 5th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Jerry84 wrote:So I was given a suggestion to box the ibeam and cast it after drilling the ground and driving some steel down. I have some half inch steel. Do you all think this would be sufficient?

The rebar for the concrete encasement to the column has to be set into the concrete using an epoxy adhesive . You should also weld some crabs (R12 rebar in an L shape about 100mm long) to the intact section of the steel column. Then encase the steel column in concrete for a minimum height of 600mm from the ground with the dimensions to the outer edge of the concrete encasement being 75mm from the outer edge of the steel column. Wrap some 75mm x 75mm x 5g welded wire fabric around the steel column before encasing it.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 5th, 2021, 1:30 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Any recent recommendations for foundation to finish residential contractors? turnkey options even better.

I saw HJ Designs on social media and their stuff looks good - dunno anyone who used them tho: https://www.facebook.com/hjdesignsltd

Another is
ALJA development: https://www.facebook.com/aljadevelopment

Check DG homes

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 5th, 2021, 1:40 pm

Jerry84 wrote:
pugboy wrote:is it bolted to a plate ? or cast into a hole?
It's cast into the hole

Would have been better to cast a butt with3/4/ or5/8 rebar, plate it, weld it off
Keeping your beams above ground reduces rusting and corrosion, and makes maintenance easier, unless you used strongback tape, or some other substance.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 5th, 2021, 1:51 pm

the plate and where welded to beam can still rust though
best to paint well and cast around to lessen water settling

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » August 5th, 2021, 2:10 pm

carluva wrote:More pics.

Septic tank exterior wall coated with waterproof coating and wrapped with geotextile fabric.

Pump sump coated with waterproof coating and mortared on the inside. Filling up the outside in progress

Soakaway and trench covered with geotextile fabric and started to cover back up.

Upper trench shaped and read for 4" pipes.IMG_20210804_153216002_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153227043_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153243889_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153249468_HDR.jpg

bro where you get the waterproof coating to buy?

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » August 5th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Jerry84 wrote:So I was given a suggestion to box the ibeam and cast it after drilling the ground and driving some steel down. I have some half inch steel. Do you all think this would be sufficient?

The rebar for the concrete encasement to the column has to be set into the concrete using an epoxy adhesive . You should also weld some crabs (R12 rebar in an L shape about 100mm long) to the intact section of the steel column. Then encase the steel column in concrete for a minimum height of 600mm from the ground with the dimensions to the outer edge of the concrete encasement being 75mm from the outer edge of the steel column. Wrap some 75mm x 75mm x 5g welded wire fabric around the steel column before encasing it.
Thanks. Would look into this option

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 5th, 2021, 9:36 pm

SCL solutions store in Barataria.

Ask for Nitoproof 30HL. A 5 gallon bucket was $825 plus VAT.
abbow wrote:
carluva wrote:More pics.

Upper trench shaped and read for 4" pipes.IMG_20210804_153216002_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153227043_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153243889_HDR.jpgIMG_20210804_153249468_HDR.jpg

bro where you get the waterproof coating to buy?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 5th, 2021, 10:03 pm

Anybody know how much for chain link fence ?
And what lengths it comes in?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 5th, 2021, 10:37 pm

The length is typically 100ft. The price is height and gauge dependent. I won't hazard a guess on current pricing.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 6th, 2021, 9:24 am

what about wire wall ?
looking for something asap

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 6th, 2021, 9:26 am

Who does mountings of ceiling fans?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 6th, 2021, 11:14 am

Habit7 wrote:Who does mountings of ceiling fans?

If wiring is already in place, this is fairly easy for a competent DIYer. I have done two in my home already, with some help to lift the fan motor.

However, you need to ensure a few things for safety purposes:

1. A Metal Octagon Can must be installed in the ceiling. Not PVC. The fan is affixed to the metal can which is structurally stronger than a PVC.

2. The metal can must be strapped to the ceiling. In other words, C-Channel must be screwed to the can and this C-Channel is then screwed to the roof purlins (if possible). If this cannot be done, the cross braces using C-Channel can be screwed to the can and then affixed to the C-Channel for the ceiling (if suspended gypsum ceiling). Other means of safely strapping are acceptable depending on ceiling type, but the goal is to ensure that the octagon can is safely secured to a stronger part of the structure to be able to take the suspended weight of a ceiling fan and the accompanying forces when on.

3. If securing to the underside of concrete decking, ideally, the octagon can should have been set flush on the underside of the decking (i.e. the "ceiling") and secured to rebar accordingly.

If none of these exist or are possible, do not install the ceiling fan. It is a safety hazard.

Once the octagon can is safely secured, you can then install the fan affixed to the octagon can. The fan will have all the necessary bracketry to install on a can.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 6th, 2021, 11:32 am

carluva wrote:

If wiring is already in place, this is fairly easy for a competent DIYer. I have done two in my home already, with some help to lift the fan motor.

1. A Metal Octagon Can must be installed in the ceiling. Not PVC. The fan is affixed to the metal can which is structurally stronger than a PVC.

2. The metal can must be strapped to the ceiling. In other words, C-Channel must be screwed to the can and this C-Channel is then screwed to the roof purlins (if possible). If this cannot be done, the cross braces using C-Channel can be screwed to the can and then affixed to the C-Channel for the ceiling (if suspended gypsum ceiling). Other means of safely strapping are acceptable depending on ceiling type, but the goal is to ensure that the octagon can is safely secured to a stronger part of the structure to be able to take the suspended weight of a ceiling fan and the accompanying forces when on.

3. If securing to the underside of concrete decking, ideally, the octagon can should have been set flush on the underside of the decking (i.e. the "ceiling") and secured to rebar accordingly.

If none of these exist or are possible, do not install the ceiling fan. It is a safety hazard.

Once the octagon can is safely secured, you can then install the fan affixed to the octagon can. The fan will have all the necessary bracketry to install on a can.

It's a gypsum ceiling on the top floor so it will need something to support it. I trust myself to change a light bulb, beyond that in the electrical department, I like to call a professional.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 6th, 2021, 11:48 am

Habit7 wrote:It's a gypsum ceiling on the top floor so it will need something to support it. I trust myself to change a light bulb, beyond that in the electrical department, I like to call a professional.

Fair point and agreed if you are not comfortable.

Do you have any manholes in you ceiling to be able to access the proposed location for installation of the ceiling fan? Once you have "easy" access, it should be no problem to be able to support the can and/or change (with some rewiring) if required. As long as the can is properly supported for the weight of the fan, you should have no problem.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 6th, 2021, 11:59 am

Habit7 wrote:
carluva wrote:

It's a gypsum ceiling on the top floor so it will need something to support it. I trust myself to change a light bulb, beyond that in the electrical department, I like to call a professional.

Carluva is right here. Ceiling fans are a simple electrical install. They can be a complex structural install, though.

That said, some fans have pull chain control or wireless control. It is nothing more complicated than connecting load, neutral and ground wires. More than that you will be snaking wires to the control box - not something to do for most, IMHO.

Ceiling fans will count as two fixtures on the 12 fixture limit for 1.5 mm sq/15A lighting circuits. More than 12 may result in nuisance breaker trips or a fire.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 6th, 2021, 2:21 pm

Existing septic tank pumped. Channel for pipe cut out. Septic tank filled with overburden.

Inlet line to existing septic tank identified and cut.

Lining up inlet line to new septic tank atm.

IMG_20210806_141705695.jpg
IMG_20210806_141712565_HDR.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”