Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby daring dragoon » June 7th, 2020, 4:50 am

anyone know where in TT sells channel drains for the driveway similar to the picture? water gathering by the front gate.
channel drain.jpg
channel drain.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 5805 times

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 7th, 2020, 10:02 am

eitech wrote:Hey fellas. Is there a screen or mesh i can use for my guttering to prevent bird nests debris from going down and clogging the pipe?

I looking for this too. I f I don't find anything ready made I might settle for buying chicken wire and cutting into strips.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 7th, 2020, 10:03 am

daring dragoon wrote:anyone know where in TT sells channel drains for the driveway similar to the picture? water gathering by the front gate. channel drain.jpg

FYI
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=570048
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=341069&p=4893091#p4893091

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » June 7th, 2020, 11:13 am

NR8 wrote:
eitech wrote:Hey fellas. Is there a screen or mesh i can use for my guttering to prevent bird nests debris from going down and clogging the pipe?

I looking for this too. I f I don't find anything ready made I might settle for buying chicken wire and cutting into strips.

Almost flood out my home weekend gone due to a plugged guttering. We push a pipe and hook to remove the gunk. If u see how much bird nest sheit. And i dont tink we removed all

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » June 7th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Clogged or dirty gutters? Then you need the Damus Building Solutions Gutter Guard. Our high quality, 100% aluminium gutter guard helps you to keep your gutter system free of debris such as leaves, twigs, stems and other large debris. The DBS Gutter Guard is easily installed on any DBS Gutter K-Style 6" system and could also be retrofitted into existing DBS K-style gutter systems. The DBS Gutter Guard is essential for today's homes as it prolongs the life of your gutter, prevents leaks, saves time and money by reducing maintenance costs. Visit any location today for more info or purchase online at mydamus.com (Click on Gutter and search for Gutter Guard in the item description).

Dimension: 1 length, 10ft x 6inches
Price: $99.95 + VAT per length
Call 866-7663 (ROOF) Toll Free for more info.
FB_IMG_1591548800783.jpeg
FB_IMG_1591548805188.jpeg
FB_IMG_1591548808090.jpeg
FB_IMG_1591548814162.jpeg

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » June 7th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Guys.
So I previously got some advice from some of you concerning plaster falling off a concrete block wall due to the wall being previously painted. I opted for the solution given where I covered the wall with concrete board. Now looking into plastering it and again I need some advice. How thick should the plastering be?

Much thanks

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 7th, 2020, 1:19 pm

fokhan_96 wrote:Clogged or dirty gutters? Then you need the Damus Building Solutions Gutter Guard. Our high quality, 100% aluminium gutter guard helps you to keep your gutter system free of debris such as leaves, twigs, stems and other large debris. The DBS Gutter Guard is easily installed on any DBS Gutter K-Style 6" system and could also be retrofitted into existing DBS K-style gutter systems. The DBS Gutter Guard is essential for today's homes as it prolongs the life of your gutter, prevents leaks, saves time and money by reducing maintenance costs. Visit any location today for more info or purchase online at mydamus.com (Click on Gutter and search for Gutter Guard in the item description).

Dimension: 1 length, 10ft x 6inches
Price: $99.95 + VAT per length
Call 866-7663 (ROOF) Toll Free for more info.FB_IMG_1591548814162.jpegFB_IMG_1591548808090.jpegFB_IMG_1591548805188.jpegFB_IMG_1591548800783.jpeg

Thanks!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 8th, 2020, 4:28 am

Jerry84 wrote:Guys.
So I previously got some advice from some of you concerning plaster falling off a concrete block wall due to the wall being previously painted. I opted for the solution given where I covered the wall with concrete board. Now looking into plastering it and again I need some advice. How thick should the plastering be?

Much thanks

Keep it thin so that the weight of the finish coat doesn't pull the board away and cause cracking.

You should be able to lay a 1/8" coat without any polymer additives.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » June 8th, 2020, 7:59 am

Need some advice. I am trying to clear some clogged 4” guttering. The blockage i suspect is at the elbow at the bottom of a ten foot downspout. Tried removing some stuff via a rod/hook from the road. I boroscope and saw some liquid at the base by the elbow. Aside from cutting the pipe, whats d best option to clear?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 8th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Drain snake if you could get one.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 8th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Cut the piping and put in a T with a 45 degree and a cap to make a clean out for now and future cleaning, if you do that, could blast it with a pressure washer

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » June 8th, 2020, 1:57 pm

guys, can anyone advise how to go about repairing/fixing recessed lights that keep popping out of a gypsum ceiling. I tried everything from gorilla glue to gypsum paste but no luck.
Thanks

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 8th, 2020, 2:02 pm

lalloboy101 wrote:guys, can anyone advise how to go about repairing/fixing recessed lights that keep popping out of a gypsum ceiling. I tried everything from gorilla glue to gypsum paste but no luck.
Thanks

could be a faulty fixture (mechanically)
Plenty low quality chinese fixtures on the market - I had some issues with a couple

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 8th, 2020, 2:33 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
lalloboy101 wrote:guys, can anyone advise how to go about repairing/fixing recessed lights that keep popping out of a gypsum ceiling. I tried everything from gorilla glue to gypsum paste but no luck.
Thanks

Plenty low quality chinese fixtures on the market - I had some issues with a couple
The fixture should have a spring clips that flip down to prevent backing out. The clips could be faulty or missing.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Is that self
If the hole cut too big too they can drop out easily
VexXx Dogg wrote:
Thanks

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » June 8th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Good day, I'm about to dig the ground for a foundation for an extension to my garage, and I noticed the abundance of ants and termites around the property over the years. Its not a big structure so I would like to do the termite treatment myself. Is there any tried and proven home-made solution that I can use?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » June 8th, 2020, 4:19 pm

gt4tified wrote:Good day, I'm about to dig the ground for a foundation for an extension to my garage, and I noticed the abundance of ants and termites around the property over the years. Its not a big structure so I would like to do the termite treatment myself. Is there any tried and proven home-made solution that I can use?

I use Talstar occasionally around my house but I don't really have a bad infestation

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 8th, 2020, 6:50 pm

gt4tified wrote:Good day, I'm about to dig the ground for a foundation for an extension to my garage, and I noticed the abundance of ants and termites around the property over the years. Its not a big structure so I would like to do the termite treatment myself. Is there any tried and proven home-made solution that I can use?

Anything with cypermethrin active ingredient could work. From 5EC and up. For subterranean termites, the better thing is to drill holes around the infested areas and pump the solution down. Termiban and Talstar are popular products.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » June 8th, 2020, 7:49 pm

NR8 wrote:

Anything with cypermethrin active ingredient could work. From 5EC and up. For subterranean termites, the better thing is to drill holes around the infested areas and pump the solution down. Termiban and Talstar are popular products.

Much appreciated, bro.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » June 8th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Thanks bro. I'm now wondering if the wall is completely flat so I will check with a straight edge and use that as a gauge.
adnj wrote:
Jerry84 wrote:Guys.

Much thanks

Keep it thin so that the weight of the finish coat doesn't pull the board away and cause cracking.

You should be able to lay a 1/8" coat without any polymer additives.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » June 9th, 2020, 10:41 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Is that self
If the hole cut too big too they can drop out easily
VexXx Dogg wrote:
Thanks

A few are like that, clips damaged. How easy are these lights to DIY.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » June 9th, 2020, 10:42 am

adnj wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:
Thanks

The fixture should have a spring clips that flip down to prevent backing out. The clips could be faulty or missing.

Thanks, I think a few holes were a little too big

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 9th, 2020, 12:22 pm

You can cut a backer out of sheet metal.

Use a sheet metal disc with tabs in the center so that the backer doesn't move once in position.

Bend the backer or notch the ceiling opening to get the backer disc behind the ceiling opening.

stout
Ricer

Postby stout » June 10th, 2020, 8:59 am

Anyone have links in town and country....house plan already inside

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2020, 9:40 am

you need to ask then you in the 99% bro

stout wrote:Anyone have links in town and country....house plan already inside

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 10th, 2020, 10:14 am

If you meet the requirements with planned usage and design of proposed structure, you will receive a response within a few weeks. Otherwise, you will receive a defects list with issues to be corrected and resubmitted.

Every T&C slowdown that I have seen was due to improper land use, incorrect structure design, incorrect structure placement, incomplete submissions, or poorly drawn plans.
Last edited by adnj on June 10th, 2020, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2020, 10:25 am

yes, it is worthwhile to have somebody who is really in the know with these things to do your application
they will be aware of all the things T&C look for and if they are accustomed going in there can keep asking on how things progressing.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 10th, 2020, 12:35 pm

A civil engineer in that field should know the ropes and all the proper requirements that adnj stated above.
The cost should be well worth it to get the approvals process done smoothly.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » June 10th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Also sometimes they send the plans straight to the Corporation without letting you know. And corporation is where the headache is be....well i should say more headache.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » June 10th, 2020, 1:10 pm

100% correct.

And I'm speaking from experience. Did an application September 18th 2019. Was approved by T&C November 1st 2019. No grease hands. No favors. No civil engineer. Did my plans through an average yet experienced draughtsman/designer.
Proper planning is important.

adnj wrote:
If you meet the requirements with planned usage and design of proposed structure, you will receive a response within a few weeks. Otherwise, you will receive a defects list with issues to be corrected and resubmitted.

Every T&C slowdown that I have seen was due to improper land use, incorrect structure design, incorrect structure placement, incomplete submissions, or poorly drawn plans.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”