Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

goalpost
punchin NOS

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby goalpost » January 18th, 2023, 9:57 pm

So a 1.2mm C is suitable for a roof to an extension?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 19th, 2023, 5:53 am

Used instead of I beams?
Need to be conservative with use.

It have plenty ppl building roof now with hat channels and ceiling materials.

goalpost wrote:So a 1.2mm C is suitable for a roof to an extension?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2023, 6:54 am

Jerry84 wrote:
timelapse wrote:Looking for steel coils to put in a post hole.
Besides Trinidad auger pilers and reesal's , does anyone know where I can get some?
Does it have to be coils? If time and resources permit then tie steel with square stirrups just like you would for concrete posts (that would fit in the augered holes) and cast. Same principle I believe.

Subject to correction
I end up getting them by bhagwansinghs.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 20th, 2023, 10:41 am

Ah find the lady in Roof Systems, Omeara not too knowledgeable although friendly. The one with the accent.

Anyways anyone knows the kind of screws to be used on R panels?

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 26th, 2023, 2:34 pm

hey bros, anyone bought a sink and dem plumbing stuff like toilet set and sink recently?
Where have discounts right now? Looking for a deep double kitchen sink with drainboard.
Where have cheap big tiles on discount now? Ah have a downstairs to tile and jus need the biggest cheapest thing so the design ent to important :D.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » January 26th, 2023, 2:58 pm

daxt0r wrote:hey bros, anyone bought a sink and dem plumbing stuff like toilet set and sink recently?
Where have discounts right now? Looking for a deep double kitchen sink with drainboard.
Where have cheap big tiles on discount now? Ah have a downstairs to tile and jus need the biggest cheapest thing so the design ent to important :D.

Tile prices have gone way up since I built 4 years ago. Right now, I don't think its much difference in price between tiling and spc flooring. If your floor is smooth already then it may be a better option to go with spc flooring. Less mess, and you can diy, not wait on a tileman

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 26th, 2023, 3:02 pm

Tile warehouse chase village have 2x4 porcelain tiles for $120-200
I went there looking for some to use as kitchen countertop

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » January 26th, 2023, 3:41 pm

pugboy wrote:Tile warehouse chase village have 2x4 porcelain tiles for $120-200
I went there looking for some to use as kitchen countertop

4 years ago I paid $35 for a porcelain 2x2. Now is somewhere around $60

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 27th, 2023, 7:36 am

Musical Doc wrote:
daxt0r wrote:hey bros, anyone bought a sink and dem plumbing stuff like toilet set and sink recently?

Tile prices have gone way up since I built 4 years ago. Right now, I don't think its much difference in price between tiling and spc flooring. If your floor is smooth already then it may be a better option to go with spc flooring. Less mess, and you can diy, not wait on a tileman

d floor eh too smooth na, but paying a mason to smoothen it should be minor matters.
Me eh too familiar with the construction thing but willing to try any diy, what is that spc flooring, and how is it sold? the room in question is just a 23x9 and is my man cave so neatness an chit doh matter, cost does lol

pug ah goin dey saturday to check dem out as ah read here the have sinks dey cheep too.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2023, 7:39 am

spc is vinyl plank flooring, like them laminate floors you interlock

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » January 27th, 2023, 8:42 am

daxt0r wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

d floor eh too smooth na, but paying a mason to smoothen it should be minor matters.
Me eh too familiar with the construction thing but willing to try any diy, what is that spc flooring, and how is it sold? the room in question is just a 23x9 and is my man cave so neatness an chit doh matter, cost does lol

pug ah goin dey saturday to check dem out as ah read here the have sinks dey cheep too.

SPC flooring planks does interlock, fairly simple. should cost about 4200 for that size room. Tiles for that will cost about 3600 (using $60 for a 2x2 porcelain) plus add thinset, grout and labour to that. I saw T&Z home improvement has sale on tiles, but still might come out cheaper or same price with the spc flooring

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 27th, 2023, 9:18 am

Musical Doc wrote:
daxt0r wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

SPC flooring planks does interlock, fairly simple. should cost about 4200 for that size room. Tiles for that will cost about 3600 (using $60 for a 2x2 porcelain) plus add thinset, grout and labour to that. I saw T&Z home improvement has sale on tiles, but still might come out cheaper or same price with the spc flooring

I have that in one of my rooms, find it's a bit clicky when you walk and some spots developing cracks where the floor wasn't perfectly smooth. The wood graphic sticker on it can peel of after a while to.At the end of the day it's plastic so not sure what the long term prospects will be over decades. I did see some higher quality ones in allied with a kinda rubber backing. Was really expensive but can't remember the price.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » January 27th, 2023, 9:26 am

alfa wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
daxt0r wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

I have that in one of my rooms, find it's a bit clicky when you walk and some spots developing cracks where the floor wasn't perfectly smooth. The wood graphic sticker on it can peel of after a while to.At the end of the day it's plastic so not sure what the long term prospects will be over decades. I did see some higher quality ones in allied with a kinda rubber backing. Was really expensive but can't remember the price.

I believe there are different types, the spc rigid core i think is the best and most expensive, it also comes in different thickness and some type of material to cushion below the planks.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » January 27th, 2023, 9:42 am

Musical Doc wrote:
daxt0r wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

Thank yuh bredda, ah go pass tile warehouse and t&z and then see if to go with that spc thing based on final total costs
give thanks for d assist

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 27th, 2023, 10:07 am

Here has some of the best prices for spc. I bought from them
Screenshot_20230127-100625_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230127-100627_Facebook.jpg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 27th, 2023, 11:06 am

This is what I bought
20230127_100809.jpg
20230127_100804.jpg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 27th, 2023, 11:07 am

20230127_110657.jpg
20230127_110644.jpg

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 27th, 2023, 11:48 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:..
20230127_110644.jpg
20230127_110657.jpg
Ooooooooooh

I like this one

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 27th, 2023, 12:54 pm

kitchen looks great!

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » January 30th, 2023, 7:33 am

Anyone has reviews or feedback on Kelvin Ghany's Aluminum casement windows vs Domus UPVC casement windows?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 30th, 2023, 7:48 am

demented wrote:Anyone has reviews or feedback on Kelvin Ghany's Aluminum casement windows vs Domus UPVC casement windows?

I have upvc windows from lifetime roofing, should be there same thing as damus. No issues after 3 years. Preferred it to iron because of the rusting and aluminum was too expensive . They come in both swing out and sliding style

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2023, 7:55 am

crap didn’t know they sell windows
i just bought a couple from delta

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 30th, 2023, 9:44 am

those upvc and aluminum windows...you hadda build your metal burglar proof separately and put it inside if you want?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 30th, 2023, 9:58 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:those upvc and aluminum windows...you hadda build your metal burglar proof separately and put it inside if you want?

Correct

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2023, 10:12 am

yeah but even them steel windows with flat bars can be twisted off with a crescent spanner

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 30th, 2023, 10:35 am

if the burglar proof inside and you have glass break sensors...you still have enough time between the window being broken and then them having to encounter the (proper) burglar proof to blast them

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2023, 10:47 am

correct
an proper burglar alarm is still an integral part of home security

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2023, 10:48 am

btw you mean blast with an air horn or pepper spray?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 30th, 2023, 11:05 am

Ah start
IMG-20230128-WA0007.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2023, 11:16 am

handmix or readymix?

Advertisement